Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,325 members, 7,864,546 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:20 PM

From Doctor To Stockbroker, Any Advice? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / From Doctor To Stockbroker, Any Advice? (957 Views)

Most Reliable Stockbroker In Nigeria / Transfer Of Shares From Stockbroker To Stockbroker / Stock Brokers In Nigeria: Rate Your Stockbroker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

From Doctor To Stockbroker, Any Advice? by tolulope01(f): 12:05am On May 05, 2007
abeg im a medical student thinkin of veering into stockbroking when i graduate and become a doctor
i know this sounds crazy,
but the main reason im here is that i need to know wot the exams are and how difficult they are, i tire for exams o!
Re: From Doctor To Stockbroker, Any Advice? by enolase(m): 12:17pm On May 05, 2007
Hello,

I am a doctor myself who is also into stock analysis.

I gained my analytical knowledge from attending lots of seminars and reading lots of books on that subject matter, and also from my own personal stock market investing experience.

Knowledge is acquired by reading, learning and experience. KNOWLEDGE DOES NOT RESIDE IN PAPER QUALIFICATIONS. wink

If it did, Bill Gates (Harvard University dropout) would not have been able to start Microsoft, Steve Jobs (high school dropout) and Steve Wozniak would never have started Apple Computers.

It might interest you to know that the profession I spent 6 years (+ 2 years ASUU strike induced extension) is my LEAST income generating stream.

I am about to take the CIS exam myself. This is the professional exam for the Chatered Institute of Stockbrokers that will license you as a stockbroker.

Go to Google, do a search for their website, logon to the site and read all about it.

I give you the thumbs up. wink

(1) (Reply)

Guinness Nig Plc Share Certificate / The Bull Is About To Return In The Nigerian Stock Market / Bank Excess Charge Recovery!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.