Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,022 members, 7,814,497 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Huawei Trademarks ‘hongmeng’ Android And Windows Operating System Replacement - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Huawei Trademarks ‘hongmeng’ Android And Windows Operating System Replacement (3440 Views)

Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android / Huawei Hongmeng OS Is Reportedly “60% Faster” Than Google’s Android / 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Huawei Trademarks ‘hongmeng’ Android And Windows Operating System Replacement by seunfly: 3:01pm On May 26, 2019
War against andriod has began.

The last week has been bad for Huawei who is fighting for its survival after all the major tech giants blocked the company. Shortly after the ban, Huawei revealed that it had anticipated this day would come and was preparing for it. The company also revealed that they are working on their home grown OS to compete with Android.

Not only that, but the company has also filed for a trademark with China’s National Intellectual Property Administration. The website of the trademark office shows that an application was submitted August 24, 2018, and the trademark is valid until May 13, 2029.

A couple of days back, Huawei confirmed that they are aiming for a fall release of their own OS which should work on both smartphones and laptops. At this moment, the US government has lifted the ban temporarily allowing Huawei to put their affairs in order and prepare to quit the market.

The operating system will likely run Android apps, meaning another company besides Google’s Chromebooks will soon be trying to bring Android apps to the desktop.

https://news.cgtn.com/news/3d3d414d7a41544f34457a6333566d54/index.html

Other links are
https://mspoweruser.com/huawei-trademarks-its-hongmeng-android-and-windows-operating-system-replacement/amp/

https://interestingengineering.com/huaweis-new-os-will-support-all-android-apps

https://www.huaweicentral.com/hongmeng-heres-everything-you-need-to-know-about-huaweis-operating-system/

Re: Huawei Trademarks ‘hongmeng’ Android And Windows Operating System Replacement by seunfly: 3:05pm On May 26, 2019
America has successfully encouraged Chinese OS to face their fear of confronting Andriod, let's wait and see how it pan out.

11 Likes

Re: Huawei Trademarks ‘hongmeng’ Android And Windows Operating System Replacement by xaliujokes(m): 3:18pm On May 26, 2019
seunfly:
America has successfully encouraged Chinese OS to face their fear of confronting Andriod, let's wait and see how it pan out.
I love competition
Android Google wants to role the world. We need options joors. Android n Apple are just 2 option which is not enough we need os aside android.

I missed the likes of Symbian phones. Sis and sisx.

Huawei I give you my absolute support.

12 Likes

Re: Huawei Trademarks ‘hongmeng’ Android And Windows Operating System Replacement by Bizlifelines201: 3:51pm On May 26, 2019
seunfly:
The Chinese too cheat and protect their own market. This is the best time for a third force and every country to have its own OS like its own passport. Enough of this chinese-US tango. For God sake, these guys are not the smartest in the world!

2 Likes

Re: Huawei Trademarks ‘hongmeng’ Android And Windows Operating System Replacement by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 4:34pm On May 26, 2019
I thought they would call it Kirin OS
Re: Huawei Trademarks ‘hongmeng’ Android And Windows Operating System Replacement by rapcy(m): 4:51pm On May 26, 2019
This is what I've been waiting for, the Chinese have lots of apps that we don't even know about over here
I've always wondered why they're not promoting their OS. This might later turn out in favour of Huawei, just that USA might have slow their growth rate. It's time we have a feel of something different smiley

2 Likes

Re: Huawei Trademarks ‘hongmeng’ Android And Windows Operating System Replacement by seunfly: 5:19pm On May 26, 2019
rapcy:
This is what I've been waiting for, the Chinese have lots of apps that we don't even know about over here
I've always wondered why they're not promoting their OS. This might later turn out in favour of Huawei, just that USA might have slow their growth rate. It's time we have a feel of something different smiley

Yeah they have alot of apps and they restrict to Chinese they don't even make English version let alone internationalized it. My guess is that they don't want to upset the software order on ground, you know Chinese likes to play waiting game.
On the issues of the growth rate, only 13% of huawei smartphone market is outside China which will be compensated by the nationalistic Chinese who wants to dump IPhone for Huawei. We also heard they are already working on substitute for ARM architecture since 2010.

The truth is it will not be rossy for Huawei outside China for the next 2 years but let's waits who will laugh last. Already there is a rumor that American government wants to reverse the ban, they are already preparing narrative that China has compromised and are ready to comply but the reality is that silicon Valley has been in disarray since this news came out.
Re: Huawei Trademarks ‘hongmeng’ Android And Windows Operating System Replacement by sparog(m): 6:13pm On May 26, 2019
seunfly:

Yeah they have alot of apps and they restrict to Chinese they don't even make English version let alone internationalized it. My guess is that they don't want to upset the software order on ground, you know Chinese likes to play waiting game.
On the issues of the growth rate, only 13% of huawei smartphone market is outside China which will be compensated by the nationalistic Chinese who wants to dump IPhone for Huawei. We also heard they are already working on substitute for ARM architecture since 2010.

The truth is it will not be rossy for Huawei outside China for the next 2 years but let's waits who will laugh last. Already there is a rumor that American government wants to reverse the ban, they are already preparing narrative that China has compromised and are ready to comply but the reality is that silicon Valley has been in disarray since this news came out.

They have the biggest market they can hope for in China and trust me some Africans will still purchase their phones when it's out

In the long run, this move will break the monopoly Google enjoys right now

6 Likes

Re: Huawei Trademarks ‘hongmeng’ Android And Windows Operating System Replacement by tolexy007(m): 7:04pm On May 26, 2019
sparog:

They have the biggest market they can hope for in China and trust me some Africans will still purchase their phones when it's out

In the long run, this move will break the monopoly Google enjoys right now

it will be so hard for China and Huawei, to convince People outside China to use thier OS or app, anything America is always accept or copy worldwide. tell me how many peolpp u know that is active on Wechat or other Chinese app? ask urself y is the that Hollywood movies are movies people watch most truout the world even those Islamic countries that hate america cannot do without it, it because America Is the central of the world. So China have a long battle to fight

1 Like

Re: Huawei Trademarks ‘hongmeng’ Android And Windows Operating System Replacement by Cletus77(m): 7:21pm On May 26, 2019
Although I respect and love the USA I can only see this trade war acts as bullying. Imagine they accused the Japanese of the same information stealing and spying because they saw the prowess of the Japanese in the 1980's. They slammed Japan with sanction and tariff and successfully halted it's economic development all because of the fear of losing the top spot in the world.

Instead of them to find other productive means to tackle Asian tigers, they normally resort to bullying all because weak Western nations are all too ready to obey them anytime anyday hiding beneath the facade of economic friendship and treaties.

Like the article said...the Chinese is very different from the Japanese and will be ready to fight for their economic relevance. I thought developmental strides should be applaudes not bullied and the USA should review some of the actions it takes, even if there is no one bold enough to stand up to them.
Even if they succeed in crippling the Chinese economy, another Asian tiger will also rise and I will see how long the US will keep using this stunt

4 Likes

Re: Huawei Trademarks ‘hongmeng’ Android And Windows Operating System Replacement by Cletus77(m): 7:24pm On May 26, 2019
tolexy007:

it will be so hard for China and Huawei, to convince People outside China to use thier OS or app, anything America is always accept or copy worldwide. tell me how many peolpp u know that is active on Wechat or other Chinese app? ask urself y is the that Hollywood movies are movies people watch most truout the world even those Islamic countries that hate america cannot do without it, it because America Is the central of the world. So China have a long battle to fight

We're talking about technology here not entertainment. Watching Indian movies doesn't stop a person from buying Chinese phones

2 Likes

Re: Huawei Trademarks ‘hongmeng’ Android And Windows Operating System Replacement by tolexy007(m): 7:31pm On May 26, 2019
Cletus77:

We're talking about technology here not entertainment. Watching Indian movies doesn't stop a person from buying Chinese phones

Yes I know we are not talking entertainment, What if China have thier own OS and America refuse to.let Facebook, Instagram, goggle, twitter work on it, do you think peolpp will buy it? How many people can do without Facebook, twitter Instagram, YouTube etc

3 Likes

Re: Huawei Trademarks ‘hongmeng’ Android And Windows Operating System Replacement by sparog(m): 7:31pm On May 26, 2019
tolexy007:

it's simply because America is a world power and it bullies other smaller countries into doing what they want. America know that China is coming up fast and America is trying to slow down China's progress. Some African countries including Nigeria now prefer to take loans from China dan the west, this shows that soon China will or may supercede America and America doesn't want it
Re: Huawei Trademarks ‘hongmeng’ Android And Windows Operating System Replacement by tolexy007(m): 7:38pm On May 26, 2019
sparog:

it's simply because America is a world power and it bullies other smaller countries into doing what they want. America know that China is coming up fast and America is trying to slow down China's progress. Some African countries including Nigeria now prefer to take loans from China dan the west, this shows that soon China will or may supercede America and America doesn't want it

When u are the number 1, you will.never want to lose that position to anyone, it is the nature of every human being

3 Likes

Re: Huawei Trademarks ‘hongmeng’ Android And Windows Operating System Replacement by Cletus77(m): 8:43pm On May 26, 2019
tolexy007:

Yes I know we are not talking entertainment, What if China have thier own OS and America refuse to.let Facebook, Instagram, goggle, twitter work on it, do you think peolpp will buy it? How many people can do without Facebook, twitter Instagram, YouTube etc

Then they will watch people switch to the new social medias and China won't mind hiring English analysts and programmers as long as the apps work well to the detriment of the ones you listed above, after all things come and go.
The main issue will be that the Chinese will have an advantage due to having the larger market. Imagine combining the chinese, African, some parts of Asia and European markets. The thing is if the Chinese act appropriately.
Re: Huawei Trademarks ‘hongmeng’ Android And Windows Operating System Replacement by tolexy007(m): 8:51pm On May 26, 2019
Cletus77:

Then they will watch people switch to the new social medias and China won't mind hiring English analysts and programmers as long as the apps work well to the detriment of the ones you listed above, after all things come and go.
The main issue will be that the Chinese will have an advantage due to having the larger market. Imagine combining the chinese, African, some parts of Asia and European markets. The thing is if the Chinese act appropriately.

Lolz.....China already have their Social media eg Wechat, but people don't really embraced it, cos it not really accepted. my brother, For china to beat US in this game, It will require divine intervention

5 Likes

Re: Huawei Trademarks ‘hongmeng’ Android And Windows Operating System Replacement by tolexy007(m): 8:53pm On May 26, 2019
Cletus77:

Don't forget Forget Samsung has started producing cheap fone

4 Likes

Re: Huawei Trademarks ‘hongmeng’ Android And Windows Operating System Replacement by Cletus77(m): 8:58pm On May 26, 2019
tolexy007:

Lolz.....China already have their Social media eg Wechat, but people don't really embraced it, cos it not really accepted. my brother, For china to beat US in this game, It will require divine intervention
You Know what is holding China back? It's just the ENGLISH BARRIER. I know USA is the most powerful but if someone is pushed too much, extreme measures will be devised
Re: Huawei Trademarks ‘hongmeng’ Android And Windows Operating System Replacement by Cletus77(m): 9:00pm On May 26, 2019
tolexy007:

Don't forget Forget Samsung has started producing cheap fone
Tell me what is so special in Samsung that can't be replicated by the Chinese.
Re: Huawei Trademarks ‘hongmeng’ Android And Windows Operating System Replacement by tolexy007(m): 9:09pm On May 26, 2019
Cletus77:

You Know what is holding China back? It's just the ENGLISH BARRIER. I know USA is the most powerful but if someone is pushed too much, extreme measures will be devised

if dey don't bully dem,China will over throw dem, U don't giv ur enemy a breathing space
Re: Huawei Trademarks ‘hongmeng’ Android And Windows Operating System Replacement by tolexy007(m): 9:11pm On May 26, 2019
Cletus77:

Tell me what is so special in Samsung that can't be replicated by the Chinese.

Branding Sir, Majority wil prefer to go for Samsung than other Chinese fone, because of trust

2 Likes

Re: Huawei Trademarks ‘hongmeng’ Android And Windows Operating System Replacement by Cletus77(m): 9:29pm On May 26, 2019
tolexy007:

if dey don't bully dem,China will over throw dem, U don't giv ur enemy a breathing space

Thank God you admitted that all the US does is bullying. Can't they devise another means of competition?
Re: Huawei Trademarks ‘hongmeng’ Android And Windows Operating System Replacement by Cletus77(m): 9:30pm On May 26, 2019
tolexy007:

Branding Sir, Majority wil prefer to go for Samsung than other Chinese fone, because of trust
Trust about what? Maybe the spying trash circulated by the USA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Huawei Trademarks ‘hongmeng’ Android And Windows Operating System Replacement by Kingkun69(m): 9:52pm On May 26, 2019
Cletus77:
Although I respect and love the USA I can only see this trade war acts as bullying. Imagine they accused the Japanese of the same information stealing and spying because they saw the prowess of the Japanese in the 1980's. They slammed Japan with sanction and tariff and successfully halted it's economic development all because of the fear of losing the top spot in the world.

Instead of them to find other productive means to tackle Asian tigers, they normally resort to bullying all because weak Western nations are all too ready to obey them anytime anyday hiding beneath the facade of economic friendship and treaties.

Like the article said...the Chinese is very different from the Japanese and will be ready to fight for their economic relevance. I thought developmental strides should be applaudes not bullied and the USA should review some of the actions it takes, even if there is no one bold enough to stand up to them.
Even if they succeed in crippling the Chinese economy, another Asian tiger will also rise and I will see how long the US will keep using this stunt
its Also because of the race for 5g
America wants to be the 1st to introduve 5g just like they did 4g because it was a colossal boost to the economy adding billions in GDP and jobs and it has already been established that if us wins the 5g race then it would triple or quadruple what it did for 4g and China doesn't want that again and because huwaei is one of the trailblazers in 5g creation they want to shut them down by bullying like how you said and China doesn't want to chicken out like other countries another funny fact that amuses me is that most ppl think the US is the good guy in all this when this is entirely not the case their mentality has always been if you can't beat them, break their legs and continue running
Even though us and china aren't even the fastest in terms of 4g speed the fastest is Sweden
Luxembourg
Korea and Norway
And another thing that I always ask myself if naija really even has 4g I don't buy it

4 Likes

Re: Huawei Trademarks ‘hongmeng’ Android And Windows Operating System Replacement by Blastedholligan: 10:11pm On May 26, 2019
Competition is good. Welcome on-board Hongmeng

1 Like

Re: Huawei Trademarks ‘hongmeng’ Android And Windows Operating System Replacement by Blastedholligan: 10:16pm On May 26, 2019
tolexy007:

If you've read The Art of war, a section of the book states "when you block all ways for your enemy, give them a little way to escape else they will have no other option than defending themselves" which is what the US is doing. They are blocking every avenue hereby giving them the chance to create a competition which might pose a big threat to them in future.

3 Likes

Re: Huawei Trademarks ‘hongmeng’ Android And Windows Operating System Replacement by Cletus77(m): 11:32pm On May 26, 2019
Kingkun69:
America wants to be the 1st to introduve 5g just like they did 4g because it was a colossal boost to the economy adding billions in GDP and jobs and it has already been established that if us wins the 5g race then it would triple or quadruple what it did for 4g and China doesn't want that again and because huwaei is one of the trailblazers in 5g creation they want to shut them down by bullying like how you said and China doesn't want to chicken out like other countries another funny fact that amuses me is that most ppl think the US is the good guy in all this when this is entirely not the case their mentality has always been if you can't beat them, break their legs and continue running
Even though us and china aren't even the fastest in terms of 4g speed the fastest is Sweden
Luxembourg
Korea and Norway
And another thing that I always ask myself if naija really even has 4g I don't buy it

Everyone thinks USA is the good guy because a lot of countries most esp European ones are afraid to stand up to them and because they speak English... sometimes I feel bad for Asian countries cos of how US has been blocking their innovations from the rest of the world. Its very wrong.
Imagine inventing things and getting ready to display it on the market and you're prevented by bullying

2 Likes

Re: Huawei Trademarks ‘hongmeng’ Android And Windows Operating System Replacement by Nobody: 2:43am On May 27, 2019
Kingkun69:
Luxembourg
Korea and Norway
lol..some people do rejoice when they browse and download at least 8-10mb/s.. cheesy that's a glorified 3g mate..

Any 4g less than 50-100 mb/s ain't 4g.

3 Likes

Re: Huawei Trademarks ‘hongmeng’ Android And Windows Operating System Replacement by IeatPussy: 7:37am On May 27, 2019
Facebook Shut down Blackberry and it will be easier for USA to make this Huawei OS obsolete outside China by banning google, Facebook, WhatsApp, instagram and other American apps European and Africa uses.

No Africa man will buy phone he won't enjoy those apps. That's why Blackberry ended and start switching to android.
Re: Huawei Trademarks ‘hongmeng’ Android And Windows Operating System Replacement by TyrantInAsoRock: 8:23am On May 27, 2019
tolexy007:

If they choose to play this card

China should in turn ban anything ios and Android

Let's see who will be able bear the fall out

1 Like

Re: Huawei Trademarks ‘hongmeng’ Android And Windows Operating System Replacement by TyrantInAsoRock: 8:24am On May 27, 2019
IeatPussy:
Facebook Shut down Blackberry and it will be easier for USA to make this Huawei OS obsolete outside China by banning google, Facebook, WhatsApp, instagram and other American apps European and Africa uses.

No Africa man will buy phone he won't enjoy those apps. That's why Blackberry ended and start switching to android.
And the revenue cost?
Re: Huawei Trademarks ‘hongmeng’ Android And Windows Operating System Replacement by manlawal(m): 9:15am On May 27, 2019
IeatPussy:

China had replica of all these even uber have leave china because of their replica , china has every replica of major app the problem is language barrier

(1) (2) (Reply)

I I Switched From Android Phone To Iphone: An Android User's Point Of View (andr / Requirement For BBM On ANDROID And IOS / How To Run/play PSP Games On Android Devices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.