Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,606 members, 7,958,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 05:27 AM

Beautiful Pictures Of Teslim Balogun Stadium - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Beautiful Pictures Of Teslim Balogun Stadium (14079 Views)

See The Man Teslim Balogun Stadium Lagos Was Named After At QPR,UK In 1957(pic) / Brazil Reject Teslim Balogun Stadium / Fifa U-17 World Cup: Lagos Centre In Pictures. (teslim Balogun Stadium) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Teslim Balogun Stadium by omar22(m): 11:08pm On Sep 29, 2010
this is breathtaking.

Your kidding me,
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Teslim Balogun Stadium by honeric01(m): 11:16pm On Sep 29, 2010
Teejayphillip:

naa waa ooo,naa teslim balogun stadium b dis? @ poster,why u no kuku snap am 4 afternoon time,make we c as d place go luk,

u no dey see well well? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Teslim Balogun Stadium by VOR(m): 12:48am On Sep 30, 2010
The stadium is nothing to write home about.
We are too easily pleased as a people.

To me the stadium looks like something built
by the Chinese or Bulgarians from the 1970s.

It is concrete, go look at most modern stadia
they mainly have glass and steel facades.
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Teslim Balogun Stadium by powerblaze(m): 2:37am On Sep 30, 2010
Once remembered a foreign construction company accusing Julius Berger of building a "cheap stadiuum" at abuja. They said they'd build a far better stadium with half the amount.

Looking at this though, i can only say one thing: its GOOD, but miles away from GREAT. i wonder wat the fans will do in event of a huge downpour. Howerver, it looks really cool on HD! I remember watching the u-17 boys play there on HD tv. i cudnt belive it was happening live a stone throw from my house!
As the previous poster said, modern stadiums are made of steel, glass, and crazy enuf, plastic! Thank God we dont have earthquakes here. this one wont stand a 4.5 magnitude
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Teslim Balogun Stadium by mensdept: 5:04am On Sep 30, 2010
powerblaze:

Once remembered a foreign construction company accusing Julius Berger of building a "cheap stadiuum" at abuja. They said they'd build a far better stadium with half the amount.

Looking at this though, i can only say one thing: its GOOD, but miles away from GREAT. i wonder wat the fans will do in event of a huge downpour. Howerver, it looks really cool on HD! I remember watching the u-17 boys play there on HD tv. i cudnt belive it was happening live a stone throw from my house!
As the previous poster said, modern stadiums are made of steel, glass, and crazy enuf, plastic! Thank God we dont have earthquakes here. this one wont stand a 4.5 magnitude

Well said. Except for Abuja, we don't have world class stadiums, and on the bigger scale, lack world class infrastruX
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Teslim Balogun Stadium by aol(m): 5:30am On Sep 30, 2010
original fake . . .very phoney . . . the stadium is not as dope as this . .mhen be wise . .
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Teslim Balogun Stadium by omar22(m): 6:50am On Sep 30, 2010

To me the stadium looks like something built
by the Chinese or Bulgarians from the 1970s.

Exactly and people are going ooh aah over something that looks like US College stadium, someone earlier said its the Lagos emirate! stadium,

when you look at Cardiff a second division clubs new stadium that's similar in size but took around 2 years to complete at  next to nothing ($48m) and could be increased to 50k capacity,  compared something that looks like an open bowl (they dont build those type of stadiums anymore) which represent a cash cow for politicians

When you have the Abuja stadium that cost $360m a 60k capacity and the Millenium stadium in Wales at the cost of $121m at 75k capacity and could have its roof closed off for indoor events you would think someone owes us some serious change?

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Teslim Balogun Stadium by nateevs(m): 9:45am On Sep 30, 2010
Absolute crap. . .
No other nation celebrates mediocrity more than Nigerians. . .

The Stadium looks like a relic of the stone age.
Tracks outside the main turf like US college stadium.
Colourful seats all round like some lagos island FAJI carnival.
The stupid logo of a politicians' traditional hat, embeded on the seats like he'd delivered us from the shackles of Hitler.

Accepted we started building the stadium in the 80s when we lacked a bit of technological advancements; but we can see what gos on around the world now. Why must we build every stadium as a sports. I don't see the sense in this very one, when there is another sports stadium just opposite it.

We know what happens when it rains in Lagos; yet we build a stadium that can't host an event in the rain.
The concrete floors will slip like hell when it rains.
Why not cover the stadium and genrate revenue using the stadium as a venue for indoor events?

I can't even believe people call this beautiful.
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Teslim Balogun Stadium by Ayowumie(m): 9:56am On Sep 30, 2010
mama-gee:

It's really beautiful!!!

I think the word 'okay' would be rait to describe the stadium.
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Teslim Balogun Stadium by olatunjin(m): 10:18am On Sep 30, 2010
GUY IS TRU NA TESLIM BALOGUN STADIUM I WAS THERE LIFE AND DIRECT DURING UNDER 17 WORD CUP YOU CAN CHECK ME ON FACEBOOK AND SEE THE PIC I TOOK THERE DURING THE TONEMENT.Sayhi2noah@yahoo.com
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Teslim Balogun Stadium by omar22(m): 10:31am On Sep 30, 2010
@nateevs

God go bless you,

Exactly we celebrate average and mediocrity

Nobody builds open bowls stadiums unless its Miami or Florida that has all year round sun shine,

Its not even OK to me,

Why build in the track when theirs track next door across the road,
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Teslim Balogun Stadium by RSA(m): 10:58am On Sep 30, 2010
Its a beautiful stadium that is nicely maintained.We should have more stadiums like this in Africa,our continental football will improve and be more appealing.
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Teslim Balogun Stadium by khattab008: 11:01am On Sep 30, 2010
dose pix r really good pronoting nigerias image i guess
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Teslim Balogun Stadium by Stallion84(m): 11:11am On Sep 30, 2010
@poster; am a regular visitor to d mentioned stadium and I wonder wich year these pix were taken. Wherz d 'eko o ni baje' line written across d seats?
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Teslim Balogun Stadium by Akainzo(m): 2:11pm On Sep 30, 2010
@All,

That is NOT Tinubu's logo. That is the logo of Lagos State!
And since the stadium belongs to Lagos State government, the logo was put on it.
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Teslim Balogun Stadium by kadman(m): 3:24pm On Sep 30, 2010
nateevs:

Absolute crap. . .
No other nation celebrates mediocrity more than Nigerians. . .

In this line, this poster has summed up the basis of this thread, and 50% of arguments on NL. God bless you Sir.
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Teslim Balogun Stadium by lepa001(f): 3:35pm On Sep 30, 2010
Eko o ni baje oooo!
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Teslim Balogun Stadium by iammodel(m): 10:47pm On Sep 30, 2010
This is really very nice
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Teslim Balogun Stadium by Xionez(m): 3:41pm On Oct 01, 2010
The Fellow posting pics of other countries stadiums, tell me, is Nigerian soil same as those of Brazil. Is it the same goverment?!, undecided

For crying out loud, the GOVERNOR (not President) has tried to maintain it despite all odds. He should even be commended, that way he would be motivated to do more. Even given enough resources, im sure he would have increased its carrying capacity.

Im happy that that stadium is managable, imagine if it were of a bigger size, there would be no way of managing a stadium of that scale with his eyes closed.

You haters really need to give yourself a break
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Teslim Balogun Stadium by GAR3TH(m): 10:31pm On Oct 01, 2010
omar22:

Exactly and people are going ooh aah over something that looks like US College stadium, someone earlier said its the Lagos emirate! stadium, 

when you look at Cardiff a second division clubs new stadium that's similar in size but took around 2 years to complete at  next to nothing ($48m) and could be increased to 50k capacity,  compared something that looks like an open bowl (they dont build those type of stadiums anymore) which represent a cash cow for politicians

When you have the Abuja stadium that cost $360m a 60k capacity and the Millenium stadium in Wales at the cost of $121m at 75k capacity and could have its roof closed off for indoor events you would think someone owes us some serious change?

"abuja stadium" is different from the Millennium stadium in wales. the millennium stadium in wales cost $121m @ 75 capacity yes that is true. but it is only 1 building. the "Abuja stadium" is a sports complex consisting of many buildings and arenas. thats why the cost is around $360 million. the Abuja stadium complex consist of a main bowl, velodrome arena, Olympic swimming pools, basketball arenas, hokey fields, soccer fields, and a host of other buildings and sport centers. the reason why Abuja stadium has so many buildings was because it hosted the 2003 all african games, in which multiple sports venues were built. so it was not a case of corruption. once again wales stadium is 1 building and abuja stadium complex is multiple buildings and fields.
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Teslim Balogun Stadium by honeric01(m): 10:58pm On Oct 01, 2010
^^^^

You dey mind some people? na so so type dem know how to type.
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Teslim Balogun Stadium by tipsy289(m): 4:29am On Oct 02, 2010
They have been building this stadium since the 90's cry
I was expecting to see pictures of a world class stadium but oh well its average. Will this stadium be in a state of disrepair in 15yrs, we'll be waiting.
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Teslim Balogun Stadium by omar22(m): 9:50am On Oct 02, 2010
All am trying to say is that we (Nigerian) tend to waste a lot of money on project and during the project handover you start to think whether we have been short changed the Abuja stadium with all the mini building added to it, its too expensive, Stade 7 November Stadium that was a similar size with all the complexes for the2001 Mediterranean Games cost far less, The Manchester Complex for the 2002 Commonwealth games cost far less,

Back to the Teslim Balogun, we deserve better, not a replica of the old dutch stadiums
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Teslim Balogun Stadium by Mariory(m): 9:02pm On Oct 07, 2010
omar22:

Both stadiums were built with different features. When comparing stadiums price wise and capacity wise, you need to take into account the reasons for the stadiums being built.
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Teslim Balogun Stadium by EkoIle1: 1:12am On Dec 26, 2012
thweraja10: Chech this out . Cooool indeed

And this is GEJ's stadium in Abuja.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Keshi, Players Blame Enyeama For Liberia Match / Munir Tijjani Manhandled In Niger Republc By Security Officials On Saturday / Tobi Amusan Loses To Camacho-Quinn, Jones At Ostrava Golden Spike 100M (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.