Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,127 members, 7,835,798 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Transferring To Portharcourt ... Help Needed - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Transferring To Portharcourt ... Help Needed (526 Views)

Full Time House Help Needed In Lekki. / Urgent Advice/help Needed On Collecting My Salary From My Former Employer / Help ,urgent Help Needed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Transferring To Portharcourt ... Help Needed by Neutrobcorp: 3:43pm On May 27, 2019
Good morning All,

I currently live and work in Lagos. I work on the Island and I earn about 300k monthly. I just got a new job and they want be to move to Port Harcourt for resumption with abt 200k increment.

Please I will like to get information as to whether it is a good move which will be favourable for me in terms of difference between cost of living in Lagos and Port Harcourt as well as cost of accommodation.

Thirdly, for a person whose office is at Oil free zone Onne, what areas will be advisable to get a suitable accommodation in Port Harcourt that won't take me up to 20 minutes to get to the office and it is affordable.

Please I need your inputs to help me plan my movement. either to go or reject the offer as i have one week left to resign in my current office.

Thanks.

Lalasticlala and Co., help your guy move this post to the promised land, please i need answers asap....
Re: Transferring To Portharcourt ... Help Needed by Neutrobcorp: 3:44pm On May 27, 2019
Side note......... I still have 1m annual rent to pay in lagos....

as my family will be staying behind.
Re: Transferring To Portharcourt ... Help Needed by donbachi(m): 3:58pm On May 27, 2019
did u hear urself?read that again.
Re: Transferring To Portharcourt ... Help Needed by sinaj(f): 4:03pm On May 27, 2019
This post reminds me of scammers around Rumuola road in PH.

They always start with I have $30,000 dollars, can you show me where to exchange it, when you show them, they continue by saying they are looking for where to buy ghana must go bag to carry the 5million they just withdrew...

Before you know, the #500 in your pocket will disappear alongside your dick if you are not lucky.

3 Shares

Re: Transferring To Portharcourt ... Help Needed by Neutrobcorp: 4:04pm On May 27, 2019
donbachi:
did u hear urself?read that again.

Yes oo.. my brother, think about it, that 200k increment might outweigh the excess cost of moving to PH and it would look as if i still earn 300k.

But aside that... i want to know... the current situation in PH, the SOOT issue, Violence, etc..... i just need info from ppl staying there....

Rent cost, living cost, traffic situation, the job location (ONNE, any info about it.
Re: Transferring To Portharcourt ... Help Needed by sinaj(f): 4:15pm On May 27, 2019
Neutrobcorp:

Yes oo.. my brother, think about it, that 200k increment might outweigh the excess cost of moving to PH and it would look as if i still earn 300k.

But aside that... i want to know... the current situation in PH, the SOOT issue, Violence, etc..... i just need info from ppl staying there....

Rent cost, living cost, traffic situation, the job location (ONNE, any info about it.
.There is violence everywhere and PH isnt a war zone unless you are a cultist.
The soot stuff has stopped, and PH is better than Lagos, the environment is serene, and the hold up is nothing compared to Lagos.

Cost of living depends on the area, one bedroom flat isnt more than 400k around Onne, with light and water.

You might even see for less coz there are lots of houses there unlike Lagos.
Re: Transferring To Portharcourt ... Help Needed by Davash222(m): 4:21pm On May 27, 2019
500K monthly and you're asking for advice

How do you expect someone who earns merely 40k monthly to advice you??

Some people don dey envy you already up there. Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Transferring To Portharcourt ... Help Needed by lalasticlala(m): 5:02pm On May 27, 2019
sinaj:
This post reminds me of scammers around Rumuola road in PH.

They always start with I have $30,000 dollars, can you show me where to exchange it, when you show them, they continue by saying they are looking for where to buy ghana must go bag to carry the 5million they just withdrew...

Before you know, the #500 in your pocket will disappear alongside your dick if you are not lucky.

Chai!!!! Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Transferring To Portharcourt ... Help Needed by tyup(m): 5:41pm On May 27, 2019
Neutrobcorp:
Side note......... I still have 1m annual rent to pay in lagos....

as my family will be staying behind.

Well it would be good if you'll come with a gun for self defense against the frud guys

cause coming alive to PH I can guarantee but leaving PH alive to see ur family in Lagos i can't guarantee na why dem increase ur salary na

But i'll end my advice with I dont knw tho so you'll not say i'm the one that koba you
Re: Transferring To Portharcourt ... Help Needed by Neutrobcorp: 5:42pm On May 27, 2019
Davash222:
500K monthly and you're asking for advice

How do you expect someone who earns merely 40k monthly to advice you??

Some people don dey envy you already up there. Lol

Its not like that ooo... The money is an added advantage.... But having a comfortable life in Lagos already..... And packing up to start a new unknown life in pH....

There is fear of the unknown ...

And again.... Settling in would gulp up huge amounts... Rent and making the home comfortable..
Re: Transferring To Portharcourt ... Help Needed by sarrki(m): 5:59pm On May 27, 2019
Las Las you go dey alright
Re: Transferring To Portharcourt ... Help Needed by Firstorderwizard(m): 6:55pm On May 27, 2019
tyup:

Well it would be good if you'll come with a gun for self defense against the frud guys

cause coming alive to PH I can guarantee but leaving PH alive to see ur family in Lagos i can't guarantee na why dem increase ur salary na

But i'll end my advice with I dont knw tho so you'll not say i'm the one that koba you

Don't say what you don't know. There is violence everywhere.

(1) (Reply)

Reason With Me. / About Tim Ejindu / How To Start A Career In The Oil And Gas Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.