Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,969 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

How Dogara, Saraki, Hurt Nigerians Thinking It Was Me - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Dogara, Saraki, Hurt Nigerians Thinking It Was Me (170 Views)

'Pardon Me', Buhari Seeks Forgiveness From Hurt Nigerians / 3 Simple Steps To Stop Thinking Negative Thoughts / Who Determines Restructuring - Yakubu Dogara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Dogara, Saraki, Hurt Nigerians Thinking It Was Me by theJournalng(m): 5:17pm On May 28, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari has said that in terms of patriotism, he had rated the Senate President, Bukola Saraki and Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara below par.

The President who said he had already passed a vote of no confidence on the duo who are leaders of the National Assembly, said they hurt Nigerians by stalling the enactment of the 2019 budget.

President Buhari said this in an interview broadcast on the Nigerian Television Authority, NTA, on Monday night.

The President revealed that he had relayed his reservations to the legislative leaders as he appended his signature to the bill Monday morning.

According to Buhari: “I think a culture was developed in the National Assembly that they should dictate the terms, which was wrong. It is the executive that dictates the terms and takes it before the legislature. It (the legislature) will examine it and agree or disagree with it.

“But when they go around posing that they are the government and not the executive, then that’s the problem. I felt and I spoke personally to the Senate President, Saraki, and the leader of the House, Dogara. They could not deny it.

“I asked them how they felt to hold the country at ransom for seven months without passing a budget. Unfortunately, they were not hurting me; they were hurting the country. So, really, in terms of patriotism, I think I rated them very low indeed. . source; journal.ng . https://journal.ng/2019/05/28/how-dogara-saraki-hurt-nigerians-thinking-it-was-me/

(1) (Reply)

Governor Akeredolu Bans Open Defecation In Ondo . / Senate Mace Buhaha, Needs To Be Forgiven / Tax Collectors In Ajah And Their Abnormalities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.