Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,896 members, 7,810,442 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

3 Simple Steps To Stop Thinking Negative Thoughts - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 3 Simple Steps To Stop Thinking Negative Thoughts (24589 Views)

What Negative Act Are You Stopping This 2023? / 12 Keys To Stop Thinking Like An Employee And Start Thinking Like An Entrepreneu / Name The Bad Habit That You Have Been Trying To Stop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Simple Steps To Stop Thinking Negative Thoughts by H100: 6:25pm On Oct 22, 2019
You can't stop negative thoughts by just wishing they would go away, pushing against them, or feeling bad about having negative thoughts. Any focus on negative thoughts gives energy to them and increases them! Your mind has to be set on positive thoughts and good thoughts because then you're giving energy to that.

There're basically 3 steps on how to stop thinking negative thoughts and change someone's negative behaviors

1 - Take responsibility for your thoughts and actions.
2 - List negative things in your life and begin to change them.
3 - Forgive yourself and others.

It is clear that personality traits are formed by our past experiences.

Energy flows where attention goes. The more you focus on the negative things that have happened in your life, the more you relinquish your power to those things. Learn how you can start to become aware of negative thought patterns and begin to focus your attention on things that are important to you.

"When you change your energy, you change your life." Fear isn’t what is keeping you down, your mind is. When we’re trapped in fear and don’t take action, it can sound something like this:

What if people make fun of me?
What if I’m rejected?
What if I lose respect?
What if I’m not good enough?

What if ____________? (followed by any negative statement)

What if I put myself out there and fall flat on my face, everyone thinks my idea is stupid and turns against me, I become so depressed that I lose my job, my family decides I’m too pathetic to live with and leaves me, I lose my home and end up living on the street, ALONE! It sounds silly, right? However, you might be surprised just how far our minds will go to keep our love, safety, and belonging intact. I’m being facetious here only to prove a point, not to make light of your fears. Fear is often just poor management of the mind.

Write out your worst-case scenario.

Next, explore your thoughts in a different way.

What if I don’t lose anything but gain the things I really want?
What if the process teaches me I’m stronger and more capable than I thought?
What if I inspire people to take their own action steps towards their dreams?
What if it turns out great?

Now that your mind is a bit calmer, and feels safer, take some action!

According to professional speaker and author, Tony Robbins, it’s the getting ready to change that takes time. In the end there’s a single instant when the change occurs.

SOURCE: >>> SELF TRUTHS

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Simple Steps To Stop Thinking Negative Thoughts by villagecraft: 7:02pm On Oct 22, 2019
Positive thinking is important

but financial security is importanter

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Simple Steps To Stop Thinking Negative Thoughts by temitope014: 9:58pm On Oct 22, 2019
A fast growing and career oriented financial organization is looking for a experienced Loan Officers who are prepared to make a difference in the lives of customers. The Loan Officer will be responsible for discussing client’s needs, recommending the best loan products, helping customers put together a complete loan package and working with the underwriting team throughout the loan process.

Salary is very attractive.

Qualification: BSc/ HND.

Send your Cvs to magnificence2009@gmail.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Simple Steps To Stop Thinking Negative Thoughts by IjebuWarrior: 9:58pm On Oct 22, 2019
Just go kalakuta go chop 'fish' grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 3 Simple Steps To Stop Thinking Negative Thoughts by Amstupid(m): 9:58pm On Oct 22, 2019
Wen my landlord wife enter my room to ask for matches today cool her backyard dey make me get negative thought ooooo....

Wetin I fit do.
I won nack am bt I no won comot for house embarassed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Simple Steps To Stop Thinking Negative Thoughts by Jonah507(m): 9:59pm On Oct 22, 2019
Nice

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Simple Steps To Stop Thinking Negative Thoughts by MountainView: 9:59pm On Oct 22, 2019
I don't wish to be seen as a pessimist, but, I think the world has come to that point where we have to face reality, poverty is real, and the thing is, it doesn't seem to be going away anytime soon, it's nobody's fault that our mind keep wondering how we got to the point we are now, that we can't even afford the necessities of life.

Nobody was born with negative thoughts

It's the harsh realities of life.

I'm looking for an investor for my Tech start-up

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Simple Steps To Stop Thinking Negative Thoughts by udoekere: 9:59pm On Oct 22, 2019
Re: 3 Simple Steps To Stop Thinking Negative Thoughts by SincereBigot: 9:59pm On Oct 22, 2019
Amstupid:
grin
your name is very accurate

2 Likes

Re: 3 Simple Steps To Stop Thinking Negative Thoughts by Olayinka8793(m): 9:59pm On Oct 22, 2019
Long story.
Make money, I repeat make money and half if not all your thoughts will be positive.
Better still exit this shithole and go live in a sane country, this shithole is enough to induce negative thoughts in you for life.

5 Likes

Re: 3 Simple Steps To Stop Thinking Negative Thoughts by Imstrong2(m): 10:01pm On Oct 22, 2019
Have positive thoughts
Re: 3 Simple Steps To Stop Thinking Negative Thoughts by Adakintroy2: 10:02pm On Oct 22, 2019
Gambling.

Visiting brothels.

And gambling..Then gambling!

I need to stop this things. Time consuming. Not to mention waste of fund.

Anyone who say the bible is not a good book for condemn this things is cursed.

1 Like

Re: 3 Simple Steps To Stop Thinking Negative Thoughts by AkpatiOzu20: 10:02pm On Oct 22, 2019
[s]
IjebuWarrior:
Just go kalakuta go chop 'fish' grin grin grin
[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Simple Steps To Stop Thinking Negative Thoughts by BUSHHUNTER: 10:05pm On Oct 22, 2019
Busy folks hardly have bad or negative thought...

Ask dat jobless

Re: 3 Simple Steps To Stop Thinking Negative Thoughts by DirtyGold: 10:06pm On Oct 22, 2019
Good stuff

What's tha business?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Simple Steps To Stop Thinking Negative Thoughts by funkemary(f): 10:06pm On Oct 22, 2019
A nice write up. Exactly what I need right now. Thanks a lot

2 Likes

Re: 3 Simple Steps To Stop Thinking Negative Thoughts by sylve11: 10:09pm On Oct 22, 2019
Amstupid:
Wen my landlord wife enter my room to ask for matches today cool her backyard dey make me get negative thought ooooo....

Wetin I fit do.
I won nack am bt I no won comot for house embarassed

that na positive thought, infact, na nega-positive thoughts. tongue cool
Re: 3 Simple Steps To Stop Thinking Negative Thoughts by seunmohmoh(f): 10:17pm On Oct 22, 2019
I am always happy for posts like this. God bless you op.

5 Likes

Re: 3 Simple Steps To Stop Thinking Negative Thoughts by earthgirl(f): 10:18pm On Oct 22, 2019
sometimes you want your mind to be blank but you can't help it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Simple Steps To Stop Thinking Negative Thoughts by Goldenheart(m): 10:19pm On Oct 22, 2019
cool
Re: 3 Simple Steps To Stop Thinking Negative Thoughts by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:22pm On Oct 22, 2019
#PositiveVibesOnly.

Bad energy.......STAY FAR AWAY........

midnighter:
Great post
You can say that again.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Simple Steps To Stop Thinking Negative Thoughts by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 22, 2019
negative thoughts are the real thoughts. if u keep thinking positive positive what if negative happen who told u that we that think negative dont want positve to happen or are u the type that think when people think negative about things negative result happen to them?
Re: 3 Simple Steps To Stop Thinking Negative Thoughts by lyriclekidd(m): 10:24pm On Oct 22, 2019
Okay
Re: 3 Simple Steps To Stop Thinking Negative Thoughts by AkpatiOzu20: 10:25pm On Oct 22, 2019
[s]
post=83378427:
okay
[/s]
Re: 3 Simple Steps To Stop Thinking Negative Thoughts by lovingyouhun: 10:26pm On Oct 22, 2019
Ehennnn, tell me something undecided
Re: 3 Simple Steps To Stop Thinking Negative Thoughts by Firstorderwizard(m): 10:26pm On Oct 22, 2019
MountainView:
I don't wish to be seen as a pessimist, but, I think the world has come to that point where we have to face reality, poverty is real, and the thing is, it doesn't seem to be going away anytime soon, it's nobody's fault that our mind keep wondering how we got to the point we are now, that we can't even afford the necessities of life.

Nobody was born with negative thoughts

It's the harsh realities of life.

I'm looking for an investor for my Tech start-up

People like you give me hope about Nigerian girls. Not all naija gals dumb

1 Like

Re: 3 Simple Steps To Stop Thinking Negative Thoughts by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:29pm On Oct 22, 2019
BUSHHUNTER:
Busy folks hardly have bad or negative thought...

Ask dat jobless
In anything you do,
try as much as possible not to be unfortunate in life.
Our motherly and fatherly advice to you attention seeking tin!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 3 Simple Steps To Stop Thinking Negative Thoughts by SolarHub(m): 10:33pm On Oct 22, 2019
Ok

YOU WANT TO ENJOY AT LEAST 8 HOURS ELECTRICITY DAILY WITH OUR 1KVA SOLAR SYSTEM? CHECK MY SIGNATURE NOW
Re: 3 Simple Steps To Stop Thinking Negative Thoughts by AkpatiOzu20: 10:33pm On Oct 22, 2019
[s]
post=83378586:

In anything you do,
try as much as possible not to be unfortunate in life.
Our motherly advice to you attention seeking tin!
[/s]

(1) (2) (Reply)

*~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! / NL Females: Which Body Will You Prefer To Have? And Guys Pick One! / Trailer Crushes Two Kids In Okpara, Delta State (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.