Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,592 members, 7,816,460 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

So In 2019 Paypal Still Bans Nigeria From Receiving Payment? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / So In 2019 Paypal Still Bans Nigeria From Receiving Payment? (2559 Views)

Get Adsense Approval With This Steps As Adsense Bans Nigeria Approval / Website Designing Trends You Should Not Ignore In 2019 / 5 Reasons Why You Should Start A Blog In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

So In 2019 Paypal Still Bans Nigeria From Receiving Payment? by faceland: 11:11pm On May 30, 2019
I am surprised that this policy still stand and might not be removed soon (with the likes of Naira Marley inspiring all these wannabes scammers). How can someone who owns a legitimate business received payment from Nigeria (without buying any fucking eBook)?

I thank God that white men discovered the internet and computers otherwise a Nigerian would have taxed access to knowledge.

2 Likes

Re: So In 2019 Paypal Still Bans Nigeria From Receiving Payment? by faceland: 11:15pm On May 30, 2019
Another question, what other nearby African country do you know of that have access to PayPal (who's PayPal account can receive and send money).

I am not kidding, at this stage am willing to just migrate the Bleep out of here for a better shithole country.

1 Like

Re: So In 2019 Paypal Still Bans Nigeria From Receiving Payment? by OgogoroFreak(m): 11:20pm On May 30, 2019
faceland:
I am surprised that this policy still stand and might not be removed soon (with the likes of Naira Marley inspiring all these wannabes scammers). How can someone who owns a legitimate business received payment from Nigeria (without buying any fucking eBook)?

I thank God that white men discovered the internet and computers otherwise a Nigerian would have taxed access to knowledge.
it's not about the likes of Naira Marley but your government. Get your fact right.
Re: So In 2019 Paypal Still Bans Nigeria From Receiving Payment? by faceland: 11:59pm On May 30, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
it's not about the likes of Naira Marley but your government. Get your fact right.

Of course na. The problem existed long before he was made famous. However that guy would make a lot of idiots to start sending unsolicited emails without knowing what they are doing.
Re: So In 2019 Paypal Still Bans Nigeria From Receiving Payment? by faceland: 12:01am On May 31, 2019
Can someone use a VOIP number from Skype to verify PayPal account? Does anyone know the answer to this question?
Re: So In 2019 Paypal Still Bans Nigeria From Receiving Payment? by BuddhaPalm(m): 1:57am On May 31, 2019
faceland:

Paystack
Flutterwave
VoguePay

The above are owned/run by Nigerians and you can accept payments in USD.

Then there's 2checkout that allows you to get paid via PayPal as well.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: So In 2019 Paypal Still Bans Nigeria From Receiving Payment? by BuddhaPalm(m): 2:08am On May 31, 2019
faceland:
Another question, what other nearby African country do you know of that have access to PayPal (who's PayPal account can receive and send money).

I am not kidding, at this stage am willing to just migrate the Bleep out of here for a better shithole country.

Kenya, Malawi, Seychelles, S.A, Mauritius, etc.

1 Like

Re: So In 2019 Paypal Still Bans Nigeria From Receiving Payment? by solmusdesigns: 2:45am On May 31, 2019
cool

Facts check,

A nigerian mathematicians work was part.of what.lead to "the internet".

Blacklisting Africas most populous country from some Services isnt about cybercrime excuse they give but hate and reservation for blacks especially nigerians

2018 list of countries with.heaviest Cybercrime Activities include US, Russia, Korea, and other european countries stealing billions annually, and Nigeria isnt top 1-20

If you've leaved with the whitemen, you'd understand this hate and envy goes dipper than fraud,

Dangote an honest billionaire has constantly bidded heavily for Arsenal, yet get turned down even with more bids.

So the sooner you come to terms with realities, the faster you can know how to relate with them.
faceland:

4 Likes

Re: So In 2019 Paypal Still Bans Nigeria From Receiving Payment? by Nobody: 3:12am On May 31, 2019
solmusdesigns:
cool

Facts check,

Blacklisting Africas most populous country from some Services isnt about cybercrime excuse they give but hate and reservation for blacks especially nigerians

2018 list of countries with.heaviest Cybercrime Activities include US, Russia, Korea, and other european countries stealing billions annually, and Nigeria isnt top 1-20

If you've leaved with the whitemen, you'd understand this hate and envy goes dipper than fraud,

Dangote an honest billionaire has constantly bidded heavily for Arsenal, yet get turned down even with more bids.

So the sooner you come to terms with realities, the faster you can know how to relate with them.

no need to educate all this miscreants they think it's because of just fewer yahoo boys that's causing the hate the white have for blacks...

I guess it's yahoo boys that cause the demolition of Bini kingdom and arrest of Bini oba?

I guess it's yahoo boys that cause the demolition of opobo kingdom and king jaja.

All this Africa countries been demolished during the colonization..

I guess it's Yahoo boy that cause black Americans to suffer, can't attend same school, same hospital, even same church that lead Martin Luther king Jr to revolt

What about the one in South Africa?

See the white haven't seen anything yet. It's just the beginning

2 Likes

Re: So In 2019 Paypal Still Bans Nigeria From Receiving Payment? by faceland: 8:22am On May 31, 2019
BuddhaPalm:

Paystack
Flutterwave
VoguePay

The above are owned/run by Nigerians and you can accept payments in USD.

Then there's 2checkout that allows you to get paid via PayPal as well.

Thanks buddy. I have a lot of researching to do today (starting with the info you just provided).
Re: So In 2019 Paypal Still Bans Nigeria From Receiving Payment? by faceland: 8:31am On May 31, 2019
solmusdesigns:
cool

Facts check,

shocked I am surprised by your point of view and there is absolutely some true to it. However, Eastern Europeans and Asians engage in hacking but ours are regular people disturbing the customer experience

An online company can insure cyber attacks and recover all the stolen money, but how do they recover customer that ran away because 8 different "Sani Abacha's wife want to transfer billions into their account"?

If Bill Gates was a Nigerian, he would have still been a billionaire but instead of wishing every home own a PC, he would wish every billionaire own a PC while the regular people are left in mystery of what a PC is. Go ask a rich Nigerian how he made it and he would tell you "na God oh" .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: So In 2019 Paypal Still Bans Nigeria From Receiving Payment? by faceland: 8:37am On May 31, 2019
Obaofusa:
no need to educate all this miscreants they think it's because of just fewer yahoo boys that's causing the hate the white have for blacks...

I guess it's yahoo boys that cause the demolition of Bini kingdom and arrest of Bini oba?

I guess it's yahoo boys that cause the demolition of opobo kingdom and king jaja.

All this Africa countries been demolished during the colonization..

I guess it's Yahoo boy that cause black Americans to suffer, can't attend same school, same hospital, even same church that lead Martin Luther king Jr to revolt

What about the one in South Africa?

See the white haven't seen anything yet. It's just the beginning

I would have taken you seriously if it wasn't for your mention of the smelling South Africans. Anyway, since Yahoo Boyz are few (as you said), post your email address here and wait one month, then check your spam folder and tell me if Yahoo Boyz are few.

However, without derailing, it is clear/unfair that the 200 million Nigerians would be deprived of a service because of the actions of may be 10k youths (90% of whom are just stupid and would never hit a mugu in their life-time).

2 Likes

Re: So In 2019 Paypal Still Bans Nigeria From Receiving Payment? by faceland: 8:39am On May 31, 2019
BuddhaPalm:

Kenya, Malawi, Seychelles, S.A, Mauritius, etc.

Thanks.
I heard Sengal too (which is similar to Northern Nigeria) and here in West Africa.
Re: So In 2019 Paypal Still Bans Nigeria From Receiving Payment? by General0847: 9:07am On May 31, 2019
Paypal account for sale. (Created since 2013 in Kuala Lumpur)
Re: So In 2019 Paypal Still Bans Nigeria From Receiving Payment? by ayufun: 9:45am On May 31, 2019
Don't be sentimental or develop auto perception of things when it's related to relationships between blacks and whites.

PayPal not accepting Nigeria is not about hate or cyber crime that's synonymous to Nigerians. Cyber crime is a global issue and threat.

The fact is about Nigeria monetary policy, instability in exchange rate and fair value of the naira.

I've spoken with one of their staff members before and the point is, when something things are being put right about our currency exchange, they will approve Nigeria to accept payment and she said, if things go wrong with our monetary policy that they feel it's not in compliance with their policies and operation, they can put it on hold and this is applicable to any other country.

I write for TechPally.com Business
Re: So In 2019 Paypal Still Bans Nigeria From Receiving Payment? by oladele1995(m): 12:30pm On May 31, 2019
Nigeria
Re: So In 2019 Paypal Still Bans Nigeria From Receiving Payment? by oladele1995(m): 12:31pm On May 31, 2019
faceland:

no there is Still access to Nigeria PayPal
Re: So In 2019 Paypal Still Bans Nigeria From Receiving Payment? by Nobody: 12:54pm On May 31, 2019
ayufun:
Don't be sentimental or develop auto perception of things when it's related to relationships between blacks and whites.

PayPal not accepting Nigeria is not about hate or cyber crime that's synonymous to Nigerians. Cyber crime is a global issue and threat.

The fact is about Nigeria monetary policy, instability in exchange rate and fair value of the naira.

I've spoken with one of their staff members before and the point is, when something things are being put right about our currency exchange, they will approve Nigeria to accept payment and she said, if things go wrong with our monetary policy that they feel it's not in compliance with their policies and operation, they can put it on hold and this is applicable to any other country.

Story! grin

1 Like

Re: So In 2019 Paypal Still Bans Nigeria From Receiving Payment? by ayufun: 2:21pm On May 31, 2019
questechie:

Story! grin
And since Nigerians have been ranting or believing in something else, what has it changed for you.

Na you force them to start accepting Nigeria in making payment?

Are you aware they're making money when you accept payment rather than sending fund?

Do you think they don't know the millions of dollars they're leaving on the table for not accepting Nigeria in receiving funds like others? SMH
Re: So In 2019 Paypal Still Bans Nigeria From Receiving Payment? by faceland: 2:34pm On May 31, 2019
ayufun:

That employee is just trying to be nice and avoid law suit for human right or racial discrimination (which all big companies does). If their excuse is true, then they should ban bank withdrawal but allow us to trade the PayPal money with others capable of depositing it in our account. Or can't they say, "due to your countries exchange rate policy (which we have no problem collecting you money in Naira), you can not withdraw directly to your bank but can transfer to loved once in the US or purchase things with it". cry
Re: So In 2019 Paypal Still Bans Nigeria From Receiving Payment? by ayufun: 4:01pm On May 31, 2019
faceland:

That employee is just trying to be nice and avoid law suit for human right or racial discrimination (which all big companies does). If their excuse is true, then they should ban bank withdrawal but allow us to trade the PayPal money with others capable of depositing it in our account. Or can't they say, "due to your countries exchange rate policy (which we have no problem collecting you money in Naira), you can not withdraw directly to your bank but can transfer to loved once in the US or purchase things with it". cry
While you think this opinion is easy to apply, it isn't.

Don't forget PayPal is a business entity and their activities are governed by laws of the country of their establishment.

If there's no such service for other countries, they can't create a lone service for Nigeria.

Taking Nigeria out of PayPal penetration in Africa, they're with nothing to reckon with and not accepting Nigerians to withdraw now is nothing they're comfortable with.

We just have to reason from business perceptive, they can't risk their license and they have to abide by their laws.

Recently, the bank withdrawal button has started showing on Nigerian PayPal and when you click on it, it redirects to wallet and I hope something good would come soon
Re: So In 2019 Paypal Still Bans Nigeria From Receiving Payment? by fghanni(m): 8:43pm On May 31, 2019
faceland:
Can someone use a VOIP number from Skype to verify PayPal account? Does anyone know the answer to this question?

you can get DID

(1) (Reply)

MySQL Connection Help / Yahoomail Account Scam: Email Box Deactivation Notice / How To Create Responsive Website From Scratch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.