Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,456 members, 7,839,987 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Black Man Disobey Cop To Avoid Being Shot In U.S(Video/Pics) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Black Man Disobey Cop To Avoid Being Shot In U.S(Video/Pics) (3490 Views)

Lady Attacks Target Store; Destroys Face Masks And Tells Cop To Call Trump / Hitmen Disguised As Doctor, Cop To Assassinate Patient In Ecuador Hospital(Video / Soldier Dies After Being Shot In The Face By Armed Attackers. Disturbing Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Black Man Disobey Cop To Avoid Being Shot In U.S(Video/Pics) by Explorers(m): 4:14am On May 31, 2019
Edrick Truitt was parked at a convenience store waiting to meet up with his family before going back to his home in Jonesboro, Arkansas when police officers from the Helena-West, Helena Police Department came to clear the lot.

“As we get to leaving out, a car jumped in front of me so I hit my brakes to let them go by,” Truitt told said.

By that time, he claims his car was blocked in and he couldn’t move it becoming the center of attention and from that point on, things just kept escalating.

Truitt said he started filming with his cell phone just in case. “I started rolling because he jumped out with his gun.”

According to him, even though the officer made demands, Truitt didn’t want to make a single move. “Played it safe.”

“He was like, ‘That’s a failure to comply,’ but if I would have complied, I would have got killed.”

In the video, the officer can be heard telling Truitt to turn off the car and that he won’t shoot.

The officer even said his body camera was on and rolling the whole time.

But Truitt said he didn’t believe the officer so he didn’t turn the car off. Also, he wanted to have his own proof of the whole ordeal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_rqL_itE5c

https://www.boredpanda.com/black-man-holding-gun-accusation-cop-facebook-live-arkansas-edrick-truitt/
Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Re: Black Man Disobey Cop To Avoid Being Shot In U.S(Video/Pics) by Explorers(m): 4:15am On May 31, 2019
“What I did saved my life,” Truitt added.

“That’s why I’m here talking to ya’ll.

If not, ya’ll would probably be covering a story about how I got shot.”

In the end, he was arrested for loitering and disregarding an official order.

People watching the live stream couldn’t believe their eyes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVIJQqhV12g

Re: Black Man Disobey Cop To Avoid Being Shot In U.S(Video/Pics) by Explorers(m): 4:15am On May 31, 2019
Here’s what people said about the incident.

Re: Black Man Disobey Cop To Avoid Being Shot In U.S(Video/Pics) by Explorers(m): 4:19am On May 31, 2019
H
Re: Black Man Disobey Cop To Avoid Being Shot In U.S(Video/Pics) by DancingSkeleton(m): 4:22am On May 31, 2019
Smart move

2 Likes

Re: Black Man Disobey Cop To Avoid Being Shot In U.S(Video/Pics) by Acjohn(m): 4:29am On May 31, 2019
It's seems when police men wears that their black uniform it starts changing the state of their heart to black.

Who even suggested that their uniform should be black

5 Likes

Re: Black Man Disobey Cop To Avoid Being Shot In U.S(Video/Pics) by Explorers(m): 4:29am On May 31, 2019
DancingSkeleton:
Smart move

Yea, if he'd tried to shut the egine, park the gear, or open the door.

The next thing is 'he's going for his gun'

Imagine a place where it takes like 10-15minutes before facebook app can come up.

6 Likes

Re: Black Man Disobey Cop To Avoid Being Shot In U.S(Video/Pics) by Tapout(m): 4:39am On May 31, 2019
I'm in shock.. Any attempt to switch off the engine would have resulted to him being shot instantly. And then they say he tried reaching for a gun. I wonder how many people that cop has killed using this trick. These guys are even more corrupt than Nigerian police.

4 Likes

Re: Black Man Disobey Cop To Avoid Being Shot In U.S(Video/Pics) by francisMKD(m): 4:43am On May 31, 2019
white cops still hunting black dudes
Re: Black Man Disobey Cop To Avoid Being Shot In U.S(Video/Pics) by Explorers(m): 4:49am On May 31, 2019
Tapout:
I'm in shock.. Any attempt to switch off the engine would have resulted to him being shot instanly. And then they say he tried reaching for a gun. I wonder how many people that cop has killed using this trick. These guys are even more corrupt than Nigerian police.

The video, the cop got frustrated he couldn't shoot him.
Re: Black Man Disobey Cop To Avoid Being Shot In U.S(Video/Pics) by Auxtin85(m): 5:41am On May 31, 2019
Wow that dude was smart, being black is a crime in some part of the US

4 Likes

Re: Black Man Disobey Cop To Avoid Being Shot In U.S(Video/Pics) by Gentlewarrior1(m): 5:44am On May 31, 2019
Damn this whites are quite wicked o

When will we have black racists that hates on whites too. Must blacks always be the victim even in 2019

God knows i dont fancy usa again especially when places like canada and switzerland dem dey

But who knows soon blacks fit dey receive this kind treatment for other places
Re: Black Man Disobey Cop To Avoid Being Shot In U.S(Video/Pics) by mu2sa2: 5:44am On May 31, 2019
For those who want to check out to US of A from our "dear native land" of naija they should UNBLACK their skin to be on the safe side.
Re: Black Man Disobey Cop To Avoid Being Shot In U.S(Video/Pics) by lordraiden(m): 6:08am On May 31, 2019
Assuming that dude tried to off the engine... The next thing you hear is gun shots with a voice saying he's trying to reach for his gun.... USA is not safe for blacks

1 Like

Re: Black Man Disobey Cop To Avoid Being Shot In U.S(Video/Pics) by Deyrinsolar(f): 6:22am On May 31, 2019
I keep saying, the reason things are peaceful abroad is because they only show us the good side

Am not saying naija is a safe haven but abeg no where is peaceful in this world
Re: Black Man Disobey Cop To Avoid Being Shot In U.S(Video/Pics) by Nobody: 6:29am On May 31, 2019
All this Nigerian olopa sef.
Re: Black Man Disobey Cop To Avoid Being Shot In U.S(Video/Pics) by Jakumo(m): 6:45am On May 31, 2019
Wow, this is a clear instance where the old saying of "Damned if you do, and damned if you don't" is appropriate.

Reach for the engine stop button of your car, and be blasted to kingdom come, or don't reach for it, and risk being lit up for failure to comply.

The long and short of this story is that one should NEVER commit the major crime of driving whilst black, in the good state of Arkansas.

Wait a minute. I just watched the entire video, and a black police officer is shown displaying an AR15 assault rifle that SEEMS to have been in the car of the arrested black man. If that was indeed the scenario, then the aggressive stance of the arresting officer is perfectly understandable.

While it may be perfectly legal to carry an assault rifle in your car whilst in the state of Arkansas, it is no surprise to see pulse rates speed up when it is spotted by the police.

3 Likes

Re: Black Man Disobey Cop To Avoid Being Shot In U.S(Video/Pics) by jesvic91(m): 6:52am On May 31, 2019
This reminds me of the movie

THE HATE YOU GIVE

1 Like

Re: Black Man Disobey Cop To Avoid Being Shot In U.S(Video/Pics) by UrRealG: 7:18am On May 31, 2019
cry cry cry
Re: Black Man Disobey Cop To Avoid Being Shot In U.S(Video/Pics) by sod09(m): 8:03am On May 31, 2019
All these racist white cops he even have tats I don't if that is allowed in police
Re: Black Man Disobey Cop To Avoid Being Shot In U.S(Video/Pics) by Timmypromise(m): 9:25am On May 31, 2019
undecided cry.

Re: Black Man Disobey Cop To Avoid Being Shot In U.S(Video/Pics) by Timmypromise(m): 9:27am On May 31, 2019
India is worser than U.S.A in terms of racism
Here in Africa we dare not touch them
Imagine in our own continent
Re: Black Man Disobey Cop To Avoid Being Shot In U.S(Video/Pics) by Joan011: 9:32am On May 31, 2019
jesvic91:
This reminds me of the movie
THE HATE YOU GIVE

So true. Our black color is a weapon they fear
Re: Black Man Disobey Cop To Avoid Being Shot In U.S(Video/Pics) by zolajpower: 9:36am On May 31, 2019
God of heaven save your black creatures wherever they are in the whites men "s continent. I don't know y we are being hunted down due to our color . U created us and as such your eyes shouldn't leave the good hearted ones among us . Who go about striving for their daily survival . Amen !

1 Like

Re: Black Man Disobey Cop To Avoid Being Shot In U.S(Video/Pics) by TheFacelessMan: 9:41am On May 31, 2019
angry

1 Like

Re: Black Man Disobey Cop To Avoid Being Shot In U.S(Video/Pics) by YoungBlackRico(m): 9:59am On May 31, 2019
The American Police is far dangerous and worse than NPF, I'll keep saying that.
Re: Black Man Disobey Cop To Avoid Being Shot In U.S(Video/Pics) by BlackfireX: 11:01am On May 31, 2019
I don't understand.
Re: Black Man Disobey Cop To Avoid Being Shot In U.S(Video/Pics) by 2shure: 11:08am On May 31, 2019
Black on black uniform is cursed
Both home and abroad
Do u know he many nigerians wud die doing dat
Say make ai off engine.
Well its a push start button

Diff in naija police
They flag u down.
Lawless cpuntry(u can come down ans challenge him,slap him,give him small tin) and zooooooomm you are off, thats if u got levels o.
Yankee police. They flag u down. They walk up to u.
If u move ,ai move u. They mean it. Any movement or u attempt to come out. U r a goner
At times obey before complain is all in your head
Re: Black Man Disobey Cop To Avoid Being Shot In U.S(Video/Pics) by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 31, 2019
Gentlewarrior1:
Damn this whites are quite wicked o

When will we have black racists that hates on whites too. Must blacks always be the victim even in 2019

God knows i dont fancy usa again especially when places like canada and switzerland dem dey

But who knows soon blacks fit dey receive this kind treatment for other places

Canada, maybe yes.

Switzerland is worse, as a black man you’ll have a hard time living there
Re: Black Man Disobey Cop To Avoid Being Shot In U.S(Video/Pics) by WisdomHunter(m): 9:07pm On May 31, 2019
Explorers:

Yea, if he'd tried to shut the egine, park the gear, or open the door.

The next thing is 'he's going for his gun'

Imagine a place where it takes like 10-15minutes before facebook app can come up.

Ooooh is now that i understand the drama, what he means by telling him to of the engine, the Officer will shoot him and accuse him of trying to reach his gun.
Re: Black Man Disobey Cop To Avoid Being Shot In U.S(Video/Pics) by sauceEEP(m): 9:56pm On May 31, 2019
But an assault rifle was recovered from the suspects vehicle or am I not seeing clearly.....I doubt if the cop had ulterior motive because his bodycam was recording everything...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Woman Left With Deformed Buttocks After Botched Bum Implants Rotated Inside Her / The Four Boys Who Assaulted A Girl In A Viral Video Have Been Apprehended. / Missing, Declared Dead And Later Found In Prison 5years Later.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.