Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,596 members, 7,812,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

Missing, Declared Dead And Later Found In Prison 5years Later. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Missing, Declared Dead And Later Found In Prison 5years Later. (3457 Views)

Nero: 80% Of Nigerian Yahoo Big Boys Will Fall Back To The Street In 5Years Time / Man Enters His Neighbor's Room, Beats The Wife And Later Carried Her To Hospital / Man Hides HIV Status From Girlfriend, She Finds Out And Later Tested Positive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Missing, Declared Dead And Later Found In Prison 5years Later. by Mutaultope(m): 2:32pm On May 30, 2020
Missing Young Man Who Was Considered Dead After Going out To Buy Suya, Found in Jail 5yrs Later

A family who had reportedly held a funeral for their son who had been missing for five years, only to discover later that he was detained in prison after he was picked up during a random police raid.

Tobijulo on Twitter gave the narrative during the conversation of how people are picked off the streets randomly and sent to prison without trial.

She wrote,

“A former colleague told me how her cousin went out one night to buy Suya down the street and they didn’t see him again. They searched everywhere, couldn’t find him. Year 1 passed, year 2, year 3, I believe it was in year 4 they decided to declare him dead and “buried” him.

“Year 5 her mum gets a call, a church had done an outreach in a particular prison and a young man threw a sheet of paper with her mum’s number on it. He begged the people to call that number as it was his Aunt’s and he was wrongly imprisoned. Luckily for him they did and her mum went to that prison and that’s how they discovered he was alive o.

“After another set of wahala they finally got him out. Man was in prison for 5 years!! What happened that night?? He went to buy Suya, there was an incident, police raided the street and carried EVERYONE. He begged and tried to convince them that he wasn’t a criminal, they didn’t listen.

“He was transferred 5 times to different prisons. 2 times to the North and once to the east.

https://www..com/talk/topic,464097.0.html

3 Likes

Re: Missing, Declared Dead And Later Found In Prison 5years Later. by espn(m): 2:39pm On May 30, 2020
Useless country...A country without a law...A lawless society governed by nonoetities...

10 Likes

Re: Missing, Declared Dead And Later Found In Prison 5years Later. by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 30, 2020
Quite bizarre. But that's the reality in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Missing, Declared Dead And Later Found In Prison 5years Later. by godkiller(m): 2:45pm On May 30, 2020
More reason why the Nigerian Police Force needs to be over hauled and reformed.

We are training youths on solar panel production and installation.

If you want to learn or volunteer to teach please drop your WhatsApp number, location and area of interest.

God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Missing, Declared Dead And Later Found In Prison 5years Later. by ERockson: 3:02pm On May 30, 2020
You be surprised to see what they will charge the young man for. Police will pick people at random and those with money will bail themselves out, You don't have money, they charge you to court with a lot of 'exhibit,' and prison straight

2 Likes

Re: Missing, Declared Dead And Later Found In Prison 5years Later. by PremierGuy(m): 3:19pm On May 30, 2020
This is not good, 5 years wasted in prison. But before he was charged with any crime didn't he have a public attorney in court.

2 Likes

Re: Missing, Declared Dead And Later Found In Prison 5years Later. by Croccityboi123(m): 3:22pm On May 30, 2020
Inside life
Re: Missing, Declared Dead And Later Found In Prison 5years Later. by oglalasioux(m): 3:23pm On May 30, 2020
Fake story. So he knew her mother's phone number for 5 years and couldn't get prison officials to contact his family.

7 Likes

Re: Missing, Declared Dead And Later Found In Prison 5years Later. by Kryptonvinyl(m): 3:58pm On May 30, 2020
Nigeria my country
Re: Missing, Declared Dead And Later Found In Prison 5years Later. by NwaliE01: 4:33pm On May 30, 2020
Lawless country. I hate this country with every fibre of my being.
Re: Missing, Declared Dead And Later Found In Prison 5years Later. by Mayng01(m): 5:10pm On May 30, 2020
What a country! & what a system indeed! Shame
Re: Missing, Declared Dead And Later Found In Prison 5years Later. by FlordFlorez(m): 5:32pm On May 30, 2020
Police People..chai. Police have done more bad than good. Our system is terrible.

1 Like

Re: Missing, Declared Dead And Later Found In Prison 5years Later. by hidhrhis(m): 6:32pm On May 30, 2020
I think it high time the government did something to this
I was picked up by sars last year December when I went to watch champions league
This lawless police officer entered the viewing center and packed everybody and locked us up for 17 hours
Those who questioned why they were arrested and those who showed their ID's were beaten
I was bailed out after 17 hours in that stinky cell
Without doing nothing but what baffles me was that the police denied they picked us up in the street roaming about and not at the viewing centre
We were accused of breaking shops always
We were not allowed to write statement
Gt bank staffs and a youth corner who showed their � cards were slapped and beaten
26 people were arrested and the bail was from 20k to 7k
Since that incidence I vow not to involve in any form of crime cos I don't ever want to live in their
That is the reason why I don't do yahoo or any form of crime that can get me in their
The 17 hours was like 10 years to me
I will talk about it when I become a star
Re: Missing, Declared Dead And Later Found In Prison 5years Later. by Passionate888: 7:18pm On May 30, 2020
Jesu!
Re: Missing, Declared Dead And Later Found In Prison 5years Later. by legionISproteus: 7:51pm On May 30, 2020
On today's episode of Things That Did Not Happen

Mutaultope:

Missing Young Man Who Was Considered Dead After Going out To Buy Suya, Found in Jail 5yrs Later

A family who had reportedly held a funeral for their son who had been missing for five years, only to discover later that he was detained in prison after he was picked up during a random police raid.

Tobijulo on Twitter gave the narrative during the conversation of how people are picked off the streets randomly and sent to prison without trial.

She wrote,

“A former colleague told me how her cousin went out one night to buy Suya down the street and they didn’t see him again. They searched everywhere, couldn’t find him. Year 1 passed, year 2, year 3, I believe it was in year 4 they decided to declare him dead and “buried” him.

“Year 5 her mum gets a call, a church had done an outreach in a particular prison and a young man threw a sheet of paper with her mum’s number on it. He begged the people to call that number as it was his Aunt’s and he was wrongly imprisoned. Luckily for him they did and her mum went to that prison and that’s how they discovered he was alive o.

“After another set of wahala they finally got him out. Man was in prison for 5 years!! What happened that night?? He went to buy Suya, there was an incident, police raided the street and carried EVERYONE. He begged and tried to convince them that he wasn’t a criminal, they didn’t listen.

“He was transferred 5 times to different prisons. 2 times to the North and once to the east.

https://www..com/talk/topic,464097.0.html
Re: Missing, Declared Dead And Later Found In Prison 5years Later. by Emmanuelcann: 10:04pm On May 30, 2020
legionISproteus:
On today's episode of Things That Did Not Happen

I know of a similar incident that involved someone who graduated a year before me and was picked up by police in Lagos. He was incommunicado for about three years. This incident could be true.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Missing, Declared Dead And Later Found In Prison 5years Later. by adecz: 10:10pm On May 30, 2020
And he couldn't place a call
to his people before now?

Fake story!!
Re: Missing, Declared Dead And Later Found In Prison 5years Later. by dahnimoh(m): 10:26pm On May 30, 2020
godkiller:
More reason why the Nigerian Police Force needs to be over hauled and reformed.

We are training youths on solar panel production and installation.

If you want to learn or volunteer to teach please drop your WhatsApp number, location and area of interest.

God bless Nigeria.

I am interested
Re: Missing, Declared Dead And Later Found In Prison 5years Later. by lmm4real: 11:05pm On May 30, 2020
PremierGuy:
This is not good, 5 years wasted in prison. But before he was charged with any crime didn't he have a public attorney in court.

Lol, na the case IPO be him public attorney. See the judiciary is one f up system in Nija.
Re: Missing, Declared Dead And Later Found In Prison 5years Later. by Thecvbankng: 2:40am On May 31, 2020
Transferred over three times in 5 years, no trial. Clear miscarriage of justice
Re: Missing, Declared Dead And Later Found In Prison 5years Later. by Auxtin85(m): 3:03am On May 31, 2020
oglalasioux:
Fake story. So he knew her mother's phone number for 5 years and couldn't get prison officials to contact his family.

I still know the first number I used in 2003, my dad gifted me a phone with the sim. It’s very possible to still remember his aunt’s phone number after 5years
Re: Missing, Declared Dead And Later Found In Prison 5years Later. by Twizzy30(m): 6:47am On May 31, 2020
As much as we know naija police acts like savages most times. This story here sounds somehow. They arrested everyone around in his street and not even one could tell his parents he was arrested. Or everyone was also in prison for the said five years? And also why wait for a pastor to visit before handing out your mum's number to him, in that situation you should be able to squeeze out her number to any living thing who comes visiting at any given chanfe

1 Like

Re: Missing, Declared Dead And Later Found In Prison 5years Later. by shankbaba: 7:45am On May 31, 2020
hidhrhis:
I think it high time the government did something to this
I was picked up by sars last year December when I went to watch champions league
This lawless police officer entered the viewing center and packed everybody and locked us up for 17 hours
That is the reason why I don't do yahoo or any form of crime that can get me in their
The 17 hours was like 10 years to me
I will talk about it today
oya talk about it
Re: Missing, Declared Dead And Later Found In Prison 5years Later. by Jabioro: 7:48am On May 31, 2020
I may not believe this story.Even the police refused him access to his relatives,the court will not do that..At court he supposed to ask for lawyer who will now contacted his family or what means..Did court grant him bail,on what offence did police charged for.Anyway since he is out now the case can be reviewed,revisited Trace back to the police station and the IPO... involved
Re: Missing, Declared Dead And Later Found In Prison 5years Later. by Exmilitant(m): 7:58am On May 31, 2020
espn:
Useless country...A country without a law...A lawless society governed by nonoetities...
wrongful imprisonment is not perculiar to Nigeria alone. It happens everywhere in the globe.. Don't just be caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Re: Missing, Declared Dead And Later Found In Prison 5years Later. by godkiller(m): 8:09am On May 31, 2020
dahnimoh:

I am interested

Drop your whatsapp number please
Re: Missing, Declared Dead And Later Found In Prison 5years Later. by oglalasioux(m): 8:18am On May 31, 2020
Auxtin85:

I still know the first number I used in 2003, my dad gifted me a phone with the sim. It’s very possible to still remember his aunt’s phone number after 5years

That's not my point. I still remember our landline number till today. We stopped using that line in 1990 when we relocated. My point is knowing the number and for 5 years he didn't give any prison officials to contact his family. People get out of prison everyday and take messages from inmates out. He didn't give anyone for 5 years. It's a fake story.
Re: Missing, Declared Dead And Later Found In Prison 5years Later. by mrwonlasewonie: 8:33am On May 31, 2020
Sad
It's obvious that there are a lot of innocent people who have no business being in prison

Usually police are always humble when they're alone or walk alone but when they're in groups and they come to an area like senseless wild animals especially in the evenings , please run for your life.most of them aren't reasonable
Re: Missing, Declared Dead And Later Found In Prison 5years Later. by mrwonlasewonie: 8:39am On May 31, 2020
adecz:

And he couldn't place a call
to his people before now?

Fake story!!
shebi that's if they don't seize his phone immediately after arrest? Where he wan see phone make call? These people are just unreasonable

(1) (2) (Reply)

#EndSars: List Of Destroyed Properties And Companies In Lagos So Far . / How I Was Scammed Of My Than 100k By Someone I Thought Was My Brother (photo) / Graphic Photo Man Arrested For Using Human Parts for Pepper Soup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.