Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,299 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

A 20ft Containerized Truck Fell At Ijora-7up Bridge This Morning - Photos - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A 20ft Containerized Truck Fell At Ijora-7up Bridge This Morning - Photos (25382 Views)

Truck Falls On Otedola Bridge This Morning (Photos) / Heavy Duty Vehicle Fell At Okorocha Tunnel In Owerri- Pictures / Danfo That Almost Fell From Third-Mainland Bridge This Morning (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A 20ft Containerized Truck Fell At Ijora-7up Bridge This Morning - Photos by oduademonest: 12:15pm On May 31, 2019
Look at people walking very close to the incident scene. No one with common sense to cordon off the area?
Re: A 20ft Containerized Truck Fell At Ijora-7up Bridge This Morning - Photos by Angelfrost(m): 12:16pm On May 31, 2019
oduademonest:
Look at people walking very close to the incident scene. No one with common sense to cordon off the area?

Common sense? In Nigeria? Lagos, of all places?.. Don't make me laugh.

1 Like

Re: A 20ft Containerized Truck Fell At Ijora-7up Bridge This Morning - Photos by Okoroawusa: 12:18pm On May 31, 2019
chuks04:
Ordinary Sierra Leone, trucks are not allowed to run in the day time. Only operates 7pm to 6am. Now the question is what stops the Nigerian government from doing same considering the fact that so many lives and properties has gone down due to this rascality.

How long will it take us to wake up!
in as much as u made sense but u guys should stop comparing Nigeria with all these mushroom African countries in terms of volume of trading activities.

Just imagine comparing the volume of containers on Alaba Int'l market road n Ladipo to the whole of Sierra Leone.

1 Like

Re: A 20ft Containerized Truck Fell At Ijora-7up Bridge This Morning - Photos by BanevsJoker(m): 12:26pm On May 31, 2019
fiizznation:
Military action? We can't entirely blame the truck drivers.
Wow! Please, are you from the South West?

1 Like

Re: A 20ft Containerized Truck Fell At Ijora-7up Bridge This Morning - Photos by Queenserah26(f): 12:31pm On May 31, 2019
Chai shocked these trucks ehn
Re: A 20ft Containerized Truck Fell At Ijora-7up Bridge This Morning - Photos by French110: 12:41pm On May 31, 2019
Walking in 9ja at your own risk
Re: A 20ft Containerized Truck Fell At Ijora-7up Bridge This Morning - Photos by jaxxy(m): 12:41pm On May 31, 2019
There are no monitoring system checks for these trucks. Many of them or not fit or carrying weight above their limits. Why?
Re: A 20ft Containerized Truck Fell At Ijora-7up Bridge This Morning - Photos by ibkayee(f): 12:48pm On May 31, 2019
No regulations for transportation of heavy trucks? Probably not
Re: A 20ft Containerized Truck Fell At Ijora-7up Bridge This Morning - Photos by Raalsalghul: 12:56pm On May 31, 2019
AutoReportNG:
An accident has occurred this morning at Ijora-7up bridge in Lagos. According to reports, the accident is along Ijora 7up bridge inward Iganmu Rd, it involves a loaded 20ft Containerized truck which fell to the other side of the road as it descends. Thankfully, no loss of lives at the time of reporting this story as the officials of LASTMA were there and making sure there is a free flow of traffic.

The issue of containers and trailers has been a source of concern to both the federal government and the state government that despite the presidential order that mandated them to vacate the road, some are still heady and refuse to leave, these are reasons we continue to have gridlock around Ijora, Apapa and Mile 2 axis.

These are images from the scene of the accident.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-yK9DjEUYtSg/XPD0sI3tFZI/AAAAAAAAcDE/nxbmONF1d4AhwYA733w1YC2u4msbJe0wgCLcBGAs/s1600/ij.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-HQ3zRLL3F8Y/XPD0KOunHiI/AAAAAAAAcC0/w8oBxsZb5awpT65_tl9zBMQc4McANDn7QCLcBGAs/s1600/Ijo.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-yK9DjEUYtSg/XPD0sI3tFZI/AAAAAAAAcDE/nxbmONF1d4AhwYA733w1YC2u4msbJe0wgCLcBGAs/s1600/ij.jpg[/img]

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/05/a-20ft-containerized-truck-fell-at.html

From the history of this unit.
It came in through Apapa sometime last year.
Empty was also returned last year to Apapa.
This time, unit came in through tincan port.
My guess, they wanted to return it as export using Wharf.
Don't ask me how I know.
I just know. wink
Re: A 20ft Containerized Truck Fell At Ijora-7up Bridge This Morning - Photos by Sonnobax15(m): 1:01pm On May 31, 2019
He kill people??
Re: A 20ft Containerized Truck Fell At Ijora-7up Bridge This Morning - Photos by KingBaba1(m): 1:16pm On May 31, 2019
fiizznation:
Lagos!!! Overpopulated, overcrowded and the people there love the state very much. I'd stayed in Lagos for about a year, the bustling, hustling, traffic and the polluted air wasn't just my kind of thing. I was left with no option than to relocate to another place. Did I miss Lagos? Probably yes but I still won't like to leave there again. Lol, my Lagos story.

Eko' eni baje !!!
Thought I am the only one that doesn't like Lagos for anything, especially during this raining season. Thank God I've found my partner

1 Like

Re: A 20ft Containerized Truck Fell At Ijora-7up Bridge This Morning - Photos by ibietela2(m): 1:18pm On May 31, 2019
AutoReportNG:
An accident has occurred this morning at Ijora-7up bridge in Lagos. According to reports, the accident is along Ijora 7up bridge inward Iganmu Rd, it involves a loaded 20ft Containerized truck which fell to the other side of the road as it descends. Thankfully, no loss of lives at the time of reporting this story as the officials of LASTMA were there and making sure there is a free flow of traffic.

The issue of containers and trailers has been a source of concern to both the federal government and the state government that despite the presidential order that mandated them to vacate the road, some are still heady and refuse to leave, these are reasons we continue to have gridlock around Ijora, Apapa and Mile 2 axis.

These are images from the scene of the accident.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-HQ3zRLL3F8Y/XPD0KOunHiI/AAAAAAAAcC0/w8oBxsZb5awpT65_tl9zBMQc4McANDn7QCLcBGAs/s1600/Ijo.jpg[/img]

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/05/a-20ft-containerized-truck-fell-at.html

It's not a concern to the federal government, if it is they will make other ports around the country work and even airports
Re: A 20ft Containerized Truck Fell At Ijora-7up Bridge This Morning - Photos by Ubdavis(m): 1:28pm On May 31, 2019
Are very any how country. Many ports in the country are left moribund, keep them working and decongest Lagos ports for goodness sake!!!. They know the right thing, have the resources execute it, but deliberately fail to do them. "Spit"
Re: A 20ft Containerized Truck Fell At Ijora-7up Bridge This Morning - Photos by ojibole1(m): 1:29pm On May 31, 2019
Everyday container dey gall and still no solution na wa o
Re: A 20ft Containerized Truck Fell At Ijora-7up Bridge This Morning - Photos by Jaqenhghar: 1:58pm On May 31, 2019
fiizznation:
Lagos!!! Overpopulated, overcrowded and the people there love the state very much. I'd stayed in Lagos for about a year, the bustling, hustling, traffic and the polluted air wasn't just my kind of thing. I was left with no option than to relocate to another place. Did I miss Lagos? Probably yes but I still won't like to leave there again. Lol, my Lagos story.

Eko' eni baje !!!
They will tell you that you left because you are weak and cannot hustle. I dont know what sort of madness wiĺl compel someone to live like a rat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A 20ft Containerized Truck Fell At Ijora-7up Bridge This Morning - Photos by Lisaint(m): 2:59pm On May 31, 2019
See how they were looking at it,

You will know it's business as usual to them....

The only solution to this apapa truck menace is if they can open up more port at the other part of the country..

But everyone know that will affect Lagos IGR...
Re: A 20ft Containerized Truck Fell At Ijora-7up Bridge This Morning - Photos by Onigbindemmd: 6:36pm On May 31, 2019
fiizznation:

Eko' eni baje !!!
Relocating to Abuja is the best if it is
Re: A 20ft Containerized Truck Fell At Ijora-7up Bridge This Morning - Photos by Onigbindemmd: 6:38pm On May 31, 2019
[quote author=holyidol post=78889062]exactly what also chase me out of Lagos. I love staying in a cool place.[/q
Wetin dey this life than to enjoy
Re: A 20ft Containerized Truck Fell At Ijora-7up Bridge This Morning - Photos by chuks04: 8:23pm On May 31, 2019
Okoroawusa:

in as much as u made sense but u guys should stop comparing Nigeria with all these mushroom African countries in terms of volume of trading activities.

Just imagine comparing the volume of containers on Alaba Int'l market road n Ladipo to the whole of Sierra Leone.

Bro I quite understand you buh in any civilized nation whether small or large, you don't see trucks in the daytime. Most of their goods are transportd via gargo train and if the most operate, it have to be at night not in busy days.

This is all about good governance and coordination despite how big the country is. Thus Nigeria is not larger than Canada in any way.

Nigerians most all wake up and stop playing to the gallery.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A 20ft Containerized Truck Fell At Ijora-7up Bridge This Morning - Photos by frozen70(f): 10:31pm On May 31, 2019
Thanks be to God no life was lost

If they can't look for a sound and good vehicles to be transporting these ontaners,

let it be falling like this without touching lives, it's better.

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Pictures Of Completed Sections Of Enugu-port Harcourt Express / Commuters Groan, Businesses Shut As Sango-Ota Road Collapses / Truck Falls On Odukpani Road In Cross River State (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.