Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,396 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Nigerian Students Enrollment In UK Universities Dropped By 39% Over Last 3 Years - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Students Enrollment In UK Universities Dropped By 39% Over Last 3 Years (27629 Views)

ASUU STRIKE: Various Institutions Cancel 461,745 Students’ Enrollment / Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) / 20 Nigerian Students Of Brampton Manor Academy Break Into Best UK Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students Enrollment In UK Universities Dropped By 39% Over Last 3 Years by Cherishedcyn: 2:36am On Jun 01, 2019
How do you tag people on this nairaland sef? Abeg where is Oga
[/quote]justwise[quote]
??
justwise
Come and tell them that the UK doesn't owe them anything ooo, they're here feeling entitled grin cheesy
Re: Nigerian Students Enrollment In UK Universities Dropped By 39% Over Last 3 Years by dapadawee: 2:42am On Jun 01, 2019
martineverest:
bishop didn't change anything.... Nigerians are trooping to other European countries.those countries are wiser.they teach international students in English and allow Tonto integrate into their societies after studies
if you can't see anything good coming from covenant university. I don't want to say more than that
Re: Nigerian Students Enrollment In UK Universities Dropped By 39% Over Last 3 Years by dapadawee: 2:44am On Jun 01, 2019
2019elections:

It's not abt quality education bro. It's abt the need to be employed after graduation.
brother go and see what covenant university have made out of men. their products compete globally. they are not like golden eaglet that never grows to super eagles
Re: Nigerian Students Enrollment In UK Universities Dropped By 39% Over Last 3 Years by AKzee(m): 4:51am On Jun 01, 2019
obojememe:
uk may need to adjust some of their policies for international students ,the idea of round off your program and leave d following day does not augur well for nigerians . no single scholarship from their side ..canada,u.s , australia nd d likes is d new cool for student immigrants
You stole my comment from Sahara reporters Facebook page. Haba.
Re: Nigerian Students Enrollment In UK Universities Dropped By 39% Over Last 3 Years by madridsta007(m): 6:58am On Jun 01, 2019
RTSC:

It was crazy. I nearly died from over thinking.

My sister is done with masters since, got a fully funded PhD fellowship in Nuclear physics.

She is my hope right now. Trying to process my admission and get potential scholarship opportunity.

I hope it pulls through.
To your sister: “Welcome to the PhD club.”
Re: Nigerian Students Enrollment In UK Universities Dropped By 39% Over Last 3 Years by benqo01(m): 8:07am On Jun 01, 2019
When ever i think of studying in europe,UK is the least place on my mind.Paying so much just to skul there, at the end nothing ti show for it.
Re: Nigerian Students Enrollment In UK Universities Dropped By 39% Over Last 3 Years by benqo01(m): 8:11am On Jun 01, 2019
I rather choose Estonia over UK
Re: Nigerian Students Enrollment In UK Universities Dropped By 39% Over Last 3 Years by ThinkWISELY(m): 8:29am On Jun 01, 2019
Baroba:

But you came to study not to be an economic migrant, they are not fools..

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Students Enrollment In UK Universities Dropped By 39% Over Last 3 Years by bfjuliusyahoo(m): 8:45am On Jun 01, 2019
Get trained by professionals and work in the oil and gas industry and get paid in dollars
Re: Nigerian Students Enrollment In UK Universities Dropped By 39% Over Last 3 Years by AlphaStyles(m): 9:59am On Jun 01, 2019
no b person wey get money go send em pikin go UK?
Re: Nigerian Students Enrollment In UK Universities Dropped By 39% Over Last 3 Years by seguno2: 10:24am On Jun 01, 2019
Gerrard59:
Expectedly. grin

However, one cannot blame the politicians for the laws. It's what their constituents wanted and they (politicians) had to deliver. Moreover, the currency value has a role to play but there are other countries with favourable currency comparisons to the naira and the standard of education (universities in the top 1000 of the QS ranking) is high ditto having good prospects for migration policies. But hey, everyone wants to go to the UK!

The bold part is no longer understood by most Africans.
Is there any way to get the numbers up to reach the critical mass level
Re: Nigerian Students Enrollment In UK Universities Dropped By 39% Over Last 3 Years by seguno2: 10:26am On Jun 01, 2019
AlphaStyles:
no b person wey get money go send em pikin go UK?

Person wey get money like Buhari but who pretends to his almajiri followers that he is a brokeass niggur
Re: Nigerian Students Enrollment In UK Universities Dropped By 39% Over Last 3 Years by Nobody: 10:39am On Jun 01, 2019
XTHRONE:

It takes a troubled soul to discover another, have you seen your own psychiatric, what did he tell you,when you finish your drug prescription let me know. Have a good day.
You are right, grin I am bipolar, a form of mental ilness. how else did you think i knew you are mentaly sick? because i am also mentally sick.

Now, go see a psychiatric, like i did. or just go smoke some weed, you will be fine!

Good luck! grin
Re: Nigerian Students Enrollment In UK Universities Dropped By 39% Over Last 3 Years by gidjah(m): 11:11am On Jun 01, 2019
olapluto:

I lived in UK for the best part of a decade, but what exactly is your argument?
Ola how far, eku ojo meta o ! Pls ignore that ignorant person ,is evry one on this platform poor not learned ?
Re: Nigerian Students Enrollment In UK Universities Dropped By 39% Over Last 3 Years by alphaNomega: 1:19pm On Jun 01, 2019
XTHRONE:
Nigerians still patronizing those scammers are fools, patronize other countries, let's see if they will not stop misbehaving and start respecting us. as for US, their time go come too. Stupid people that think they are wise,How far with their selfish Brexit, that would have been the beginning of their down fall, they thought European Union will fold their arms and watch them lord their selves over them. Foolish Brit. Na for African una strong pass, how I wish Hitler crush this bastards to extinction.

If Hitler succeeded you would not be alive today. Think about it, that man was racist enough to almost finish an entire race. A race with skin colour like theirs, and you think blacks would stand a chance in a Hitler-dominated world?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Enrollment In UK Universities Dropped By 39% Over Last 3 Years by alphaNomega: 1:33pm On Jun 01, 2019
Spanishmilf:
I don't think you follow brexit [not insulting] if England is out of EU ireland will he d only English speaking country in EU..... English is one of their official language if brexit happens only Ireland and Malta will be the English country
France will suffer for it
Germany will suffer for it
All other EU will suffer for it
(hidden truth) no one want to hear

Brexit won't be good for either parties. English will remain the official language of the EU after brexit.
Re: Nigerian Students Enrollment In UK Universities Dropped By 39% Over Last 3 Years by Spanishmilf(m): 2:01pm On Jun 01, 2019
alphaNomega:

Brexit won't be good for either parties. English will remain the official language of the EU after brexit.
English is not the official language Mr man, English is one of their official language, there are 24 official language but only 3 are the most spoken in EU....English,german and french
Re: Nigerian Students Enrollment In UK Universities Dropped By 39% Over Last 3 Years by Spanishmilf(m): 2:02pm On Jun 01, 2019
benqo01:
I rather choose Estonia over UK
you comment as if UK really want you in their country
Re: Nigerian Students Enrollment In UK Universities Dropped By 39% Over Last 3 Years by XTHRONE(m): 2:52pm On Jun 01, 2019
gypsey:
You are right, grin I am bipolar, a form of mental ilness. how else did you think i knew you are mentaly sick? because i am also mentally sick.

Now, go see a psychiatric, like i did. or just go smoke some weed, you will be fine!

Good luck! grin

Hahahaa, lord have mercy...OK chil bro, Brits are sometimes very annoying.
Re: Nigerian Students Enrollment In UK Universities Dropped By 39% Over Last 3 Years by XTHRONE(m): 2:58pm On Jun 01, 2019
alphaNomega:

If Hitler succeeded you would not be alive today. Think about it, that man was racist enough to almost finish an entire race. A race with skin colour like theirs, and you think blacks would stand a chance in a Hitler-dominated world?

Let's say before he died, the truth is , it was the war that weakened the Brits, thats why they were forced to grant independence. As for Hitler, that man can't be predicted just like Thrump, he can do anything for Germany.
Re: Nigerian Students Enrollment In UK Universities Dropped By 39% Over Last 3 Years by subcbouy: 3:08pm On Jun 01, 2019
AKzee:

You stole my comment from Sahara reporters Facebook page. Haba.
Plagiarism is allowed in us, Haba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students Enrollment In UK Universities Dropped By 39% Over Last 3 Years by subcbouy: 3:11pm On Jun 01, 2019
Spanishmilf:
you comment as if UK really want you in their country
Unfortunately, UK universities need our money.
Re: Nigerian Students Enrollment In UK Universities Dropped By 39% Over Last 3 Years by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jun 01, 2019
XTHRONE:

Hahahaa, lord have mercy...OK chil bro, Brits are sometimes very annoying.
yes! we are! grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Enrollment In UK Universities Dropped By 39% Over Last 3 Years by writeprof(m): 6:23pm On Jun 01, 2019
People have seen UK system is a scam. Do you know how many Nigerians with UK degrees looking for jobs or pseudo-employed in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Enrollment In UK Universities Dropped By 39% Over Last 3 Years by alphaNomega: 10:05pm On Jun 01, 2019
Spanishmilf:
English is not the official language Mr man, English is one of their official language, there are 24 official language but only 3 are the most spoken in EU....English,german and french

During EU parliamentary meetings, what language do they speak?
Re: Nigerian Students Enrollment In UK Universities Dropped By 39% Over Last 3 Years by Spanishmilf(m): 10:07pm On Jun 01, 2019
alphaNomega:

During EU parliamentary meetings, what language do they speak?
read it again I said they have 24 official language English, French and German google search it if u doubt me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Umezurika Opata Wins $100,000 AU Award (Photo) / What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA / Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.