Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,443 members, 7,812,333 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:51 AM

Odion Steve: "Comic Actors In Nigeria Are Treated As Inferiors" - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Odion Steve: "Comic Actors In Nigeria Are Treated As Inferiors" (15919 Views)

Odion Ighalo Divorces Wife / I Cant Wait Till You All Find Out Who The Real Yahoo Boys In Nigeria Are- Marley / Tobi Bakre, Kanu Nwankwo And Odion Ighalo Spotted Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Odion Steve: "Comic Actors In Nigeria Are Treated As Inferiors" by Towncrier247: 8:07pm On May 31, 2019
Talented fast-rising Nollywood comic actor, Inegbenebor Odion Steve aka "Alwayzhappi4u" has decried the lack of respect for comic acting in the industry.

In an interview with entertainment reporters over the weekend, "alwayzhappi4u" who has featured as a comic actor in movies like "Once Upon A Goal", "Benevolence" , "Drives" etc expresses dissapointed that many of his colleagues and Nigerians alike reason that the role of a comic actor in a movie is not important and so are comic actors.

"It's sad really how some people reason in this parts of the world, in Hollywood every type of actor is giving due respect and serious payment because no form of acting is easy, but in Nollywood you still find people who treat you or look at you like a lesser being because you play a comic role. Comedy is a multi-million billion Naira industry and the treatment in Nollywood is one of the reasons some younger acts prefer to go into the stand up comedy style," the comic actor said.

He continues; "one ofbthe role of a comic actor is to bring comic relief to a script and it takes a lot to make people relax and laugh. Unlike most other roles, you cant even just make people laugh by going by a script, you have to search deep withon and add some originality and ingenuity to the craft. But you will hear people say, 'he just a comic actor'. The most annoying one is some so called big actors feeling too important because they are acting 'serious' roles.These are some challenges but some of us who have a passion for our job can never be discouraged."

"Alwayzhappi4u" is also known for his viral comedy skits such as "Man Na Man, "How To Make Money Without Stress", "Armed Neighbour", and more.

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2019/05/talented-fast-rising-nollywood-comic.html?m=1

Re: Odion Steve: "Comic Actors In Nigeria Are Treated As Inferiors" by Towncrier247: 8:07pm On May 31, 2019
More

Re: Odion Steve: "Comic Actors In Nigeria Are Treated As Inferiors" by itspzpics(m): 8:20pm On May 31, 2019
Hmmm

Lady Beatup Her Friend Who Dated Her Father, Strip her Nak£d, Accused Her Of Breaking Her Family, See photos and Watch Video => HERE
Re: Odion Steve: "Comic Actors In Nigeria Are Treated As Inferiors" by godwinstringed1(m): 11:32pm On Jun 01, 2019
Hmm
Re: Odion Steve: "Comic Actors In Nigeria Are Treated As Inferiors" by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jun 01, 2019
Maybe cause they lack intelligent content.

There are comedy series I watch and I am educated by each episode, take Blackish, Boondocks, insecure, my wife and kids and even Everybody hates Chris, you will learn from them.

What are our comedy actors teaching us with their silly acting and lame jokes.

I personally will not sit and watch any Nigeria comedy, especially the ones with Mr Ibu, Aki and paw paw etc.

16 Likes

Re: Odion Steve: "Comic Actors In Nigeria Are Treated As Inferiors" by stevearagorn(m): 11:34pm On Jun 01, 2019
Ttc
Re: Odion Steve: "Comic Actors In Nigeria Are Treated As Inferiors" by OVA200(m): 11:34pm On Jun 01, 2019
Who is this one abeg

2 Likes

Re: Odion Steve: "Comic Actors In Nigeria Are Treated As Inferiors" by gazza07(m): 11:34pm On Jun 01, 2019
Nobody is been respected here, bro. Take it not personal

9 Likes

Re: Odion Steve: "Comic Actors In Nigeria Are Treated As Inferiors" by Desdola(m): 11:34pm On Jun 01, 2019
That's true though
Re: Odion Steve: "Comic Actors In Nigeria Are Treated As Inferiors" by holluwai(m): 11:35pm On Jun 01, 2019
Who cares?
Just do you
Re: Odion Steve: "Comic Actors In Nigeria Are Treated As Inferiors" by momodub: 11:36pm On Jun 01, 2019
Na so
Re: Odion Steve: "Comic Actors In Nigeria Are Treated As Inferiors" by namiji2598: 11:36pm On Jun 01, 2019
I have never watch ur film and I will never watch it
Re: Odion Steve: "Comic Actors In Nigeria Are Treated As Inferiors" by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jun 01, 2019
I don't even know him undecided
Re: Odion Steve: "Comic Actors In Nigeria Are Treated As Inferiors" by martineverest(m): 11:44pm On Jun 01, 2019
kennygee:

There are comedy series I watch and I am educated by each episode, take Blackish, Boondocks, insecure, my wife and kids and even Everybody hates Chris, you will learn from them.

I personally will not sit and watch any Nigeria comedy, especially the ones with Mr Ibu, Aki and paw paw etc.
u said it all....Nigerian comedians are wack, uncreative and unintelligent

2 Likes

Re: Odion Steve: "Comic Actors In Nigeria Are Treated As Inferiors" by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:51pm On Jun 01, 2019
Truthfully though, other than Charles Inojie and Nkem Owoh, I don't take the rest of them seriously.

1 Like

Re: Odion Steve: "Comic Actors In Nigeria Are Treated As Inferiors" by Carlyboi(m): 11:54pm On Jun 01, 2019
kennygee:

have seen blackish tho and if you like animation/cartoon and you haven’t seen family guy then you should check it out

1 Like

Re: Odion Steve: "Comic Actors In Nigeria Are Treated As Inferiors" by calculator123(m): 12:03am On Jun 02, 2019
They are funny but lack substance.
Re: Odion Steve: "Comic Actors In Nigeria Are Treated As Inferiors" by sparta191(m): 12:58am On Jun 02, 2019
kennygee:

Everyone hates chris is definitely my best comedy movie

1 Like

Re: Odion Steve: "Comic Actors In Nigeria Are Treated As Inferiors" by ablelin: 3:50am On Jun 02, 2019
Content is the key, apart from a film being funny, it must also pass a message, even in the comedy, a message must still go out, the moment you have no reason to learn anything, they overlook you...

Do you want to learn to get motivated, learn about skills and strategies in business or academics, or you want to learn from the likes of Lee Yuan Kew, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Thomas Sankara, Robert Kiyosaki, you need counseling and guidance to success in life, or you want to take an introvert or IQ test, then visit here
Re: Odion Steve: "Comic Actors In Nigeria Are Treated As Inferiors" by Nobody: 4:55am On Jun 02, 2019
What about the Johnsons?

1 Like

Re: Odion Steve: "Comic Actors In Nigeria Are Treated As Inferiors" by miketayo(m): 5:08am On Jun 02, 2019
sparta191:

Everyone hates chris is definitely my best comedy movie

Try modern family, they don't try to be funny but the show is just too hilarious

1 Like

Re: Odion Steve: "Comic Actors In Nigeria Are Treated As Inferiors" by Horus(m): 7:38am On Jun 02, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNxj3PDHKOg

10 Most Funniest Nollywood Actors of All Time
Re: Odion Steve: "Comic Actors In Nigeria Are Treated As Inferiors" by Crazyforfootbal: 8:55am On Jun 02, 2019
I will see to that..
Re: Odion Steve: "Comic Actors In Nigeria Are Treated As Inferiors" by Nobody: 9:34am On Jun 02, 2019
That is because they are inferior and Mediocre.
Re: Odion Steve: "Comic Actors In Nigeria Are Treated As Inferiors" by tonquendo4u(m): 1:52pm On Jun 02, 2019
So Ibu and Osuofia no be comic actors?
Re: Odion Steve: "Comic Actors In Nigeria Are Treated As Inferiors" by Fidelismaria: 2:09pm On Jun 02, 2019
Crap

Crap

Mega crap
Re: Odion Steve: "Comic Actors In Nigeria Are Treated As Inferiors" by Ehizs: 3:15pm On Jun 02, 2019
gypsey:
That is because they are inferior and Mediocre.

Common now

(1) (2) (Reply)

Usher's Stepson Declared Brain Dead After Jet Ski Accident / The Only Child I Have Is Wit Toyin Lawani Bloggers Stop Spreading Lies- LordTrig / Iheoma Nnadi: 'Don't Let Anyone Kill You In The Name Of Love'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.