Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,360 members, 7,812,017 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

This MTN "One Minute Remaining" Has To Stop - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / This MTN "One Minute Remaining" Has To Stop (5000 Views)

Check This MTN Downloading Speed / Who Else Has Noticed This MTN Scam? / This MTN New Data Bundle Will Amaze You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

This MTN "One Minute Remaining" Has To Stop by BafanaBafana: 9:02am On Jun 01, 2019
Whoever thought out that idea of making that one minute warning when you are on call needs to be flogged. Other networks will just give you a a faint beep on the background to warn you that you are running out of airtime, but mtn will take several seconds out of your call to tell you. That is just disrespectful. Yesterday, I was calling someone to set up how to meet him. This person is a VIP. And then he told me he was in the mosque, about to pray and then was about giving me instructions on what to do, them MTN interrupted with their one minute remaining! By the time they had finished their instruction, my oga had already finished and was ending the call. Now I didn't get the instruction and it wasn't appropriate to call back at that time, what do I do?
I am appealing to mtn now, that one minute remaining warning is a nuisance. A big one for that matter. You can warn with a beep at the background. E don do me abeg.

lalasticlala (I wonder how you even came about that name) abeg help me publicize.

87 Likes 4 Shares

Re: This MTN "One Minute Remaining" Has To Stop by softmind24: 9:08am On Jun 01, 2019
T
Re: This MTN "One Minute Remaining" Has To Stop by dingbang(m): 9:09am On Jun 01, 2019
Thank you! That thing is so annoying. How will I be having a conversation and all of a sudden, someone interrupts the conversation just like that? I am sure the person will feel irritated by such unprofessional manners. Thats how I feel when this nonsense auto recorded voice interrupts my conversation.

If you want to notify a customer that he or she is low on airtime, then a beep can do just fine.

20 Likes

Re: This MTN "One Minute Remaining" Has To Stop by 4reala(m): 9:10am On Jun 01, 2019
Na NCC you for direct your complaint to. But those mtn can be very annoying

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: This MTN "One Minute Remaining" Has To Stop by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 01, 2019
angry grin wink shocked
See gobr
Re: This MTN "One Minute Remaining" Has To Stop by MJBOLT: 9:23am On Jun 01, 2019
go and appeal to them on twitter
Re: This MTN "One Minute Remaining" Has To Stop by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 01, 2019
It is for the best or do you expect your calls to be terminated during the cause of conversation?
Which do you prefer Call termination or warning voice?
Re: This MTN "One Minute Remaining" Has To Stop by kingxsamz(m): 10:00am On Jun 01, 2019
Thought I was the only one.
It even happens when I have enough airtime.
They should scrap that nonsense. I would want to make a quick call, only to get interrupted by that stupid voice.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: This MTN "One Minute Remaining" Has To Stop by kingxsamz(m): 10:01am On Jun 01, 2019
asuustrike1:
It is for the best or do you expect your calls to be terminated during the cause of conversation?
Warning beep.

1 Like

Re: This MTN "One Minute Remaining" Has To Stop by Nobody: 10:08am On Jun 01, 2019
kingxsamz:

Warning beep.
Unfortunately many of their customers prefer the voice warning than the beep

1 Like

Re: This MTN "One Minute Remaining" Has To Stop by kingxsamz(m): 10:10am On Jun 01, 2019
asuustrike1:

And where did you get this information?

18 Likes

Re: This MTN "One Minute Remaining" Has To Stop by Nobody: 10:16am On Jun 01, 2019
kingxsamz:

And where did you get this information?
Sampled customers from different parts of Nigeria
Re: This MTN "One Minute Remaining" Has To Stop by kingxsamz(m): 10:19am On Jun 01, 2019
asuustrike1:
Well, I say it's crap and I'm sure most people aren't ok with it.

13 Likes

Re: This MTN "One Minute Remaining" Has To Stop by francis247(m): 10:20am On Jun 01, 2019
kingxsamz:
Thought I was the only one.
It even happens when I have enough airtime.
They should scrap that nonsense. I would want to make a quick call, only to get interrupted by that stupid voice.
Exactly. Even when you have more than enough airtime. So irritating.

7 Likes

Re: This MTN "One Minute Remaining" Has To Stop by Biggty(m): 10:37am On Jun 01, 2019
The madness has to stop abeg

2 Likes

Re: This MTN "One Minute Remaining" Has To Stop by TotoCatchFire: 10:47am On Jun 01, 2019
And they will repeat it twice grin

3 Likes

Re: This MTN "One Minute Remaining" Has To Stop by JbravoAdodger(m): 10:52am On Jun 01, 2019
genus : caller interuptus

2 Likes

Re: This MTN "One Minute Remaining" Has To Stop by mrNEMZY(m): 11:07am On Jun 01, 2019
Since this year MTN service has been very terrible, you barely hear anything on calls, I have tried to call them severally to complain, but once you call their customer service, you will start hearing Hausa. I don't know whether the customer service is meant for Hausa people alone.

I just settled for using other Sims in making calls
Re: This MTN "One Minute Remaining" Has To Stop by Kimikazi2: 12:30pm On Jun 01, 2019
Na you sample them back?
asuustrike1:

6 Likes

Re: This MTN "One Minute Remaining" Has To Stop by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jun 01, 2019
kingxsamz:

Well, I say it's crap and I'm sure most people aren't ok with it.
That is left for them to decide
Re: This MTN "One Minute Remaining" Has To Stop by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jun 01, 2019
Kimikazi2:
Na you sample them back?
Yes I sample them hypocrite
Re: This MTN "One Minute Remaining" Has To Stop by samsam2019: 2:09pm On Jun 01, 2019
asuustrike1:
you're not intelligent at all. I'm tempted to say your head is not correct but I won't

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: This MTN "One Minute Remaining" Has To Stop by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jun 01, 2019
na me hate dat shit most.. i dey always hang up wen am abt hearing it

1 Like

Re: This MTN "One Minute Remaining" Has To Stop by logan2(m): 3:00pm On Jun 01, 2019
That was my case yesterday also, however,op I will advice you take this matter to Twitter and tag both NCC ,MTN and other influencers

1 Like

Re: This MTN "One Minute Remaining" Has To Stop by ITbomb(m): 3:34pm On Jun 01, 2019
Always check your balance and have enough in your account before making important calls.

I like the warning, it helps me remain credit for flashing
Re: This MTN "One Minute Remaining" Has To Stop by mcjohny(m): 3:50pm On Jun 01, 2019
you will look like ahh

Re: This MTN "One Minute Remaining" Has To Stop by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 01, 2019
samsam2019:
you're not intelligent at all. I'm tempted to say your head is not correct but I won't
You that is intelligent what do you know? Instead of you agitating for reduction of tariffs that is increasing on monthly basis you are complaining of voice prompt. The voice prompt was for the best as it warns you even before you initiate a call ( low balance) as the aforementioned issue raised by op. If you agitate for the removal of service as opined by op then be ready to experience similar fate like DND that was introduced which later backfired. This same thing you complain off other customers like that way.

1 Like

Re: This MTN "One Minute Remaining" Has To Stop by YOUNGELDER1(m): 5:49pm On Jun 01, 2019
asuustrike1:

Did you read where he said a “beep” would do?

1 Like

Re: This MTN "One Minute Remaining" Has To Stop by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jun 01, 2019
YOUNGELDER1:

Did you read where he said a “beep” would do?

Call termination would have been better. You can't never mortal man because same man agitating for beep will still complain again. Have you forgotten when many Nigerians complained of numerous text messages from these service providers that resulted in the introduction of DND? When DND was introduced same customers started complaining of not receiving customized messages.
Re: This MTN "One Minute Remaining" Has To Stop by careytommy37(m): 6:02pm On Jun 01, 2019
I swear. We need to petition NCC to make them stop it.
Is there no way of starting an online petition, the way it is done in other countries?
This is the ICT age for God's sake! angry

2 Likes

Re: This MTN "One Minute Remaining" Has To Stop by galadima77(m): 6:32pm On Jun 01, 2019
asuustrike1:

Then we should be given a choice to choose. Most times you'd have more than a minutes' worth iof airtime and on a very important conversation and that's when they'd interrupt you...arrant trash

1 Like

Re: This MTN "One Minute Remaining" Has To Stop by geez18(m): 6:50pm On Jun 01, 2019
seconded! angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

How My Infinix Note 8 Made Me A Pro in Photography . / I Want New Phone... Maximum 120k / Miezu Mx3!! World's Cheapest 8-core Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.