Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,086 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Unforgiveness: Why Not Forgive And Find Peace? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Unforgiveness: Why Not Forgive And Find Peace? (227 Views)

These Three Church Leaders Were Bound For Hell Fire Because Of Unforgiveness / Unforgiveness: One Subtle Sin That Would Take Many Christians To Hell / How Dangerous Is Unforgiveness To A Christian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Unforgiveness: Why Not Forgive And Find Peace? by pressplay411(m): 12:08pm On Jun 01, 2019
All over the scriptures, Christ points at unforgiveness as the major obstacle to our prayers.

Let us search ourselves, let us search our hearts, search our past, our present and future (plans to revenge).
Every grudges and malice, every hurt we have failed to let go of, is a weight that has continued to drag us back. It is a poison that's eating our souls.

Let us enter this month of June on a clean slate.
Let us start this new season conscious and intentional that we will not allow any seed of unforgiveness, bitterness, hardened heart, envy and hatred that the enemy has sown in our hearts to impede our growth, our peace, our joy and our blessing.

I release myself from every anger, every envy, every grudge, every person that has hurt me.
I repent and pray for forgiveness from everyone that I've hurt.
I repent from every sin and iniquity that I have committed and associated with, and I pray for the grace, strength and mindset not to go back to sin.
And I pray for forgiveness from God through the blood of Jesus Christ, My Lord and Saviour, My Redeemer. I ask for God's Mercy to extend to me and every repentant heart in Jesus name.

We choose your ways LORD, we live by your Righteousness LORD, we choose to delight and obey your commands for only you have the Word of Eternal Life. Teach us to live according to Your Will, for your Kingdom and Righteousness to be established on earth as it is in Heaven. In Jesus name I pray.
Amen.
Re: Unforgiveness: Why Not Forgive And Find Peace? by pressplay411(m): 12:09pm On Jun 01, 2019
I urge us to each let go of every national anger, racial, tribal and religious hatred and family feuds.
Some of us have to forgive our parents.
Some of us have to forgive our children.
Some of us have to forgive our spouses.
Some of us have to forgive our exes and friends that betrayed us.
Some of us have to forgive our bosses.
Some of us have to forgive our colleagues and subordinates.
Some of us have to forgive our pastors.
Some of us have to forgive our congregation.
Some of us have to forgive the Church as a Body of Christ and return to the gathering of saints.
Some of us have to forgive ourselves personally by experiencing the Power of the Mercies of God. When God forgives you, no matter what you may have done, no matter the seemingly unforgivable evil you committed, because of the Blood of Jesus Christ, you will be forgiven.

Unforgiveness will only continue to make us bitter and it steals our joy and peace of mind.

To Forgive is one of the hardest things to do.
It is not simply a confession of the mouth. It is from the heart. You must relive the memory that hurt you and then choose to let it go.
True Forgiveness feels like surgery, you will feel a part of you literally leave you.
Let go and Let God win in your heart.
Let Love Lead.
Re: Unforgiveness: Why Not Forgive And Find Peace? by pressplay411(m): 12:09pm On Jun 01, 2019
Question: But How can I forgive someone who has done so much evil to me? How can I forgive someone who continues to hate me and plan evil against me?

Answer: I have come to know through scriptures and preachings, that no, it is not that person that is hurting you, it is not that person that is doing this evil against you.
It is the devil. It is the evil inside man that makes him commit evil. It is the sinful nature that has overtaken the person. Your enemy is that Devil, that evil spirit. Your enemy is Satan.
Stop fighting the wrong enemy. That person you have taken as your enemy is a potential evangelist, a potential child of God, a potential brother and sister, a potential agent of light. He only needs to encounter Christ or re-encounter Christ afresh.
When this mindset is formed in you. You will become enburdened to fight the good fight of faith. You will receive the spirit of an intercessor. Instead of anger, you will love your so called "enemies" And you will begin to pray for the salvation of their souls.
If and only if you yourself have encountered the Salvation of Christ.

However, beware of Tares, some people are agents of Satan himself planted to pull you out from Christ.
Be sensitive.
Let God guide you. Let Love Lead you. Love wins always. Even if it seems that Love does not win physically, it wins spiritually and ultimately.

The death of Christ which seemed like a colossal loss to the disciples initially, was ultimately for them and us all to receive the Holy Spirit and Experience the Salvation Power of God as Christ now lives through us, as many who believe.
Halleluyah!

Forgive and be Forgiven. Live, Love and Worship.
Happy New Month of June friends.

(1) (Reply)

6 Threats To Evangelism In The African Church ....Pukuta Mwanza / Preparing For Divine Communion / Muric's Position On The Hijab Saga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.