Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,714 members, 7,824,024 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

What Is Grace? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Grace? (8630 Views)

What Is Grace? (A short story) / Is Grace Truly A Licence To Sin And Live Anyhow? / What Is Grace? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Grace? by budaatum: 1:01am On Jun 05, 2019
FirePower1:
Grace is the Word of God spoken to man that makes him different from animals and rule other creatures. Grace is God's love to mankind expressed in His Word. Grace is like lecture, when we take Him seriously, He is sufficient for us to pass all life examinations. Man never deserved his position in creation, he enjoys that privilege purely because that is the plan of God. David expressed this very well when after meditation he exclaimed "what is man the thou hath mindful of him?". Now, Grace is a He. He is the mind of God, He is the desire of God revealed to man, He is the manual for human lives, He is the Bible and He is Jesus Christ, in Him is Life and the Life is the Light of men. He was spoken to Adam (mankind) in the beginning but the devil was able to make Adam disregard Him. God decides to give us the second and better chance so the Word became flesh (like us) and dwell amongst us (accessible to us). Grace (The Word of God) is all we need in life, every other need is domicile in Him. Grace has two major parts, they are; blessing part (thou may freely eat of the fruit of the garden) and sanctification part (but of the tree that is in the middle if the garden, thou shall not eat). One part is invalid without the other part. Many of us only want God to bless us but we don't want to be under Him, but Grace is not for selfishness, it is for godliness (another word for self denial). Those who are lured, deceived or threatened into turning their backs on Grace automatically are faced with disgrace and shame sometimes without knowing it until God shows up at the dawn of the new day and all the counsel of the devil that seems to be covering their unclothedness are found to be inadequate. Please have active faith in the Grace of God and enjoy everlasting life. God bless you.
3 like for you!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Grace? by valentineuwakwe(m): 5:48am On Jun 05, 2019
pressplay411:

Don't abuse Grace sir. Gambling is wrong. It's a spirit that might lead you to sell your valuables. Be diligent and trust God to prosper you.

gambling is never wrong my brother n it was never mention in the bible......there are times God allow a little evil to happen for his greater good
Re: What Is Grace? by pressplay411(m): 6:46am On Jun 05, 2019
valentineuwakwe:

gambling is never wrong my brother n it was never mention in the bible......there are times God allow a little evil to happen for his greater good

Lol ok, premarital sex too isn't so bad right? White lies too? Should we keep listing little evils that move the gospel of hell sir?
Re: What Is Grace? by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:06pm On Jun 05, 2019
pressplay411:

Lol ok, premarital sex too isn't so bad right? White lies too? Should we keep listing little evils that move the gospel of hell sir?

I don't indulge in fornication or adultery. ...neither do I tell white lies.....I hv been playing nairabet since Sept 2 2011 n now join sportybet....it has been a worthwhile investment..I bet responsively
with it I was able to do my wedding, built a house n set up a business here in portharcourt. ..everything depends on luck..e fit work for Mr A, no mean say e go work for Mr. B
Re: What Is Grace? by pressplay411(m): 9:53pm On Jun 05, 2019
valentineuwakwe:

I don't indulge in fornication or adultery. ...neither do I tell white lies.....I hv been playing nairabet since Sept 2 2011 n now join sportybet....it has been a worthwhile investment..I bet responsively
with it I was able to do my wedding, built a house n set up a business here in portharcourt. ..everything depends on luck..e fit work for Mr A, no mean say e go work for Mr. B

Some yahoo boys share the same testimony with you, it doesn't mean scamming is not a sin.
I can't explain how gambling is a sin but when you see how several gamblers end up, maybe you will understand. it has to do with lust/love of money.
It is simply not a good spirit.
Choose either a career or a business and be diligent in it. I am not saying stop it immediately, but see it as something wrong. God will provide something right if he sees your heart is right.
God bless you.

1 Like

Re: What Is Grace? by budaatum: 7:18pm On Jun 06, 2019
Grace

I'm not ready to be just another of your mistakes
I can't seem to drown you out long enough
I fell victim to the sound of your love
You're like a song that I ain't ready to stop
I got nothing but you on my mind
Don't wanna let the pieces fall out of place
I was only just a breath removed from going to waste
'Til I found salvation in the form of your
Your grace
Your grace
Your grace
Don't take it away
Your grace
Your grace
Your grace
Don't take it away
On the verge of almost bleeding you out
Are we too wounded now to ever come down?
Oh, how I long for us to find common ground
I got nothing but you on my mind
Your grace
Your grace
Your grace
Don't take it away
Your grace
Your grace
Your grace
Don't take it, take it
Way too close to colour your comfort
All dressed up but kept undercover
Way too close to colour your comfort
All dressed up but kept undercover
Your grace
Your grace
Your grace
Don't take it away
Your grace (your grace)
Your grace (your grace)
Your grace (your grace)
Don't take it away
Your grace (your grace)
Your grace (your grace)
Your grace (your grace)
Don't take it away
Songwriters: Edward Holloway / Lewis Capaldi / Nicholas Atkinson
Grace lyrics © BMG Rights Management

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8rM7Tox1HE

1 Like

Re: What Is Grace? by pressplay411(m): 9:45pm On Jan 27, 2023
pressplay411:
Knowledge with Understanding is Power and Deliverance. That is what produces the Wisdom of God in Man.

Our definition/understanding of Grace determines what it can make out of us.
Grace, like every other identity of God is multifaceted.

-There's a dimension of Grace that is defined as God's Unmerited Favour. Ephesians 2:8
-There's another dimension of Grace that is defined as Access to God's unlimited provisions and supplies. 2 Corinthians 9:8
-There's yet another dimension of Grace which is defined as the Enablement of God to become like Christ. Titus 2:11-12

Those who only define Grace as Unmerited Favour can easily be misled to think they can continue in sin as Grace abounds. But in the words of Apostle Paul, God Forbid.

Those who define Grace as Access to God's unlimited provisions and supplies tend to be easily misled with the gospel of prosperity (financial, money)

Those who define Grace as Enablement for Christ-likeness more often than not tend to be self-righteous.

But those who define Grace in the Light of all three definitions walk in the Wholeness of the Manifestation of Grace.

Grace truly is the Unmerited Favour of God that gives us Access to the All-sufficiency of God through the blood of Jesus Christ and supplies us with the enablement to be like Christ for the establishment of God's Kingdom and Righteousness.

Grace and Understanding to us all.

Singlenhappy kindly read this. Study the quoted scriptures.
Pray and sleep on it. Let's discuss it when you're chanced.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prophet Samson Ayorinde Endorses Rev. Dr. Sign Fireman As A True Man Of God! / Catholic Purgatory: An Absolute Insult To Jesus Christ! / Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.