Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,362 members, 7,829,922 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning (52006 Views)

Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City / Timothy Moten Quit His Job For Anthony Joshua To Defeat Andy Ruiz Jnr / Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by Rajosh(m): 7:10am On Jun 03, 2019
sircrabo:
Shock defeat how ? Can someone explain. I know he lost, how did he manage to earn more than the winner ?
money sharing ratio was already agreed before the match. the outcome of the match doesn't affect that.
Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by greggng: 7:12am On Jun 03, 2019
With the comment here I am convince some of us don't know how boxing money is shared. The take home is shared before they get into the ring. The man that has more to lose takes the lion share. Jushua determines the term. Recall wilder declined the offer made by Joshua camp cos he believe both are making sacrifices and he deserves more. In boxing sharing formular are determined before one steps into the ring not after. Because of the belt the Mexican collected. He will now determine the terms

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by masqot(m): 7:19am On Jun 03, 2019
fixed
Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by bizzibodi(m): 7:26am On Jun 03, 2019
U can't come to Uncle Sam cuntry & win them,they have all d dollar to pay u to lose.
Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by Freeheart(m): 7:28am On Jun 03, 2019
staged match ................... money making
Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by Nobody: 7:39am On Jun 03, 2019
kenex4ever:
Guy stop making yourself feel better, there was no scam. It was an upset, AJ will come back better. That's what makes a great fighter.
You want to believe that sport like this cant be fixed? Yes, Ruiz,can take much punches and can counter fast, but i dont believe aj cant beat him in real sense. But remember, show promoters are after money than entertainment. They are in for business and nothing else. So anything can happen behind the scene secretly and we must not always believe 100% what we see.
Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by bluke(m): 7:42am On Jun 03, 2019
2special:
l hope the match was not fixed for Joshua to win the rematch.

mega blockbuster fight.
watchout
Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by BluntBoy(m): 7:43am On Jun 03, 2019
The level of ignorance here is staggering.

In this age, people are still asking why a loser earned more than the winner in a boxing match.

And it is these same people who would be arguing blindly with people like me who have been following the sport for many years now.
Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by kjhova(m): 7:45am On Jun 03, 2019
emmykk:
This is click bait...when will a loser be paid more than a winner? Fake story

Why not do some follow up research yourself before you spew out what you don't know much about?

The news is as genuine as it gets.
Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by Vincent970(m): 7:46am On Jun 03, 2019
Tunmmyzhe:
Arrangee fight, how could a balloon beat the great AJ
Na true talk,dat fight na acting
Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by Mpanyi: 7:46am On Jun 03, 2019
Naturally champion has more stake no matter the result. A champion is doing you a favour for fighting you

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by BluntBoy(m): 7:48am On Jun 03, 2019
To the ignorant ones, the match was fixed because Joshua (the loser) earned more than Ruiz (the winner).

If you know nothing about boxing, then you should not pretend to or you would end up embarrassing yourself.
Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by lexy2014: 7:52am On Jun 03, 2019
sircrabo:
Shock defeat how ? Can someone explain. I know he lost, how did he manage to earn more than the winner ?

Cos his ratings is higher than Ruiz. B4 signing d contract, all these are taken into consideration. Joshua will generate more viewership than Ruiz any time. I don't think u will want 2 watch a Ruiz fight with an unknown opponent but u will watch a Joshua fight with an unknown opponent

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by anonymous1759(m): 7:52am On Jun 03, 2019
It's obvious Wilder has been the one running. Andy fought out of zeal not minding the cash Wilder was looking out for 60/40 with one title.
Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by buJu234: 7:53am On Jun 03, 2019
Tunmmyzhe:

I said it...

Same thing happened in WWE..

dont forget there was no challenger after the main challenger failed the drug test...

So they just stage this drama.. anyway it pays off sha.. $20M
Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by BluntBoy(m): 7:54am On Jun 03, 2019
priceaction:

You want to believe that sport like this cant be fixed? Yes, Ruiz,can take much punches and can counter fast, but i dont believe aj cant beat him in real sense. But remember, show promoters are after money than entertainment. They are in for business and nothing else. So anything can happen behind the scene secretly and we must not always believe 100% what we see.

The match was not fixed. You people should stop this nonsense.

If the match was fixed, the least result would have been a draw. The odds for draw was also very high.

No elite boxer would allow himself to be disgraced for money.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by BluntBoy(m): 8:06am On Jun 03, 2019
2special:
l hope the match was not fixed for Joshua to win the rematch.

Why fix to lose? They could have fixed to draw and then have a rematch.

Joshua does not need any help to draw a crowd in Britain.

You people should stop this speculation that he lost on purpose to have a rematch. A draw would still have led to a rematch.

If this fight had ended in a draw, I could slightly believe that Joshua allowed it. But losing in such an embarrassing manner, I don't believe AJ would allow himself to be disgraced because of a rematch.

Obvious factors for the loss are:

1. AJ overlooked Ruiz. He had his full attention on Wilder rather than Ruiz.

2. His camp in the US was full of distractions (the Miami beach example) while Ruiz had a much serious and focus camp.

3. AJ can't really take a punch. Every news media and pundits put it that Ruiz hit AJ over the head which affected AJ throughout the rounds to the 7th. But what I saw was a punch to AJ's right temple which made AJ jump. Ruiz rushed him and AJ suffered his first knockdown of the day. A punch to the temple can be devastating and it had a huge negative impact on AJ until the end of the game.

The match was no fixed. AJ lost fair and square. After scoring a knockdown on Ruiz, he decided to go home early but Ruiz hit him on the temple and AJ was different after that.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by MobilityExpress: 8:10am On Jun 03, 2019
emmykk:
This is click bait...when will a loser be paid more than a winner? Fake story

The loser was champion with 4 belts on the line at once, they were even fair to Ruiz. Ruiz had no single belt and was not even a mandatory contender. It should have been like a 90/10 contract. Even at that, Ruiz would have jumped on the offer. Even for their rematch, AJ will still collect the bigger share of the pie. Maybe 65/35 or 70/30.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by MobilityExpress: 8:12am On Jun 03, 2019
Ruiz is the luckiest man alive right now. Belts that some people take many years to gather, only few succeed, he got picked by luck into a fight that he wasn't even meant to be a part of before, and he wins 4 belts in one night. God of Ruiz, favor me too grin

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by sircrabo: 8:30am On Jun 03, 2019
lexy2014:

Cos his ratings is higher than Ruiz. B4 signing d contract, all these are taken into consideration. Joshua will generate more viewership than Ruiz any time. I don't think u will want 2 watch a Ruiz fight with an unknown opponent but u will watch a Joshua fight with an unknown opponent

Ok, you are right sha
Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by sircrabo: 8:30am On Jun 03, 2019
Rajosh:
money sharing ratio was already agreed before the match. the outcome of the match doesn't affect that.

ok,but he has lost his belts
Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by OkLion: 8:45am On Jun 03, 2019
Simply put.. AJ sold his belts for £20M. Correct naija boy.
Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by lloyds(m): 8:51am On Jun 03, 2019
Tunmmyzhe:

Nothing like arrangee bro. . Joshua was beating coz he underrated the dude

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by kenex4ever(m): 11:05am On Jun 03, 2019
priceaction:

The probability of match fixing is low. No honourable man will sacrifice all his world heavyweight tittles for money. And remember the fight was in Mexico, the crowd was behind Ruiz, Im sure AJ would have knocked him out if it was in Britain.

This is just a test for him to learn from.
Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by smartistics(m): 11:13am On Jun 03, 2019
Because Joshua has more ticket sold out than Andy. Remember Miller who was suppose to fight AJ failed drug test.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by smsreseller: 11:39am On Jun 03, 2019
Toyoland:
Abeg make person come beat me for 100k. I no mind

Beating pass beating o. If u pass on nko? Who go spend d money?
Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by koyeni(m): 11:50am On Jun 03, 2019
Why Joshua con resemble tiwa for here
Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by Eberex(m): 11:55am On Jun 03, 2019
Do you still buy airtime from your bank App or road-side vendors?
How much did you get as profits or commission when you buy airtime and data sub?
Do you know you can make commissions when you buy airtime/data or cable sub?
Stop enriching the banks! They know why they are into vtu business.
You can start your own vtu business at the comfort of your homes.

check my signature.
Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by Rajosh(m): 3:30pm On Jun 03, 2019
sircrabo:

ok,but he has lost his belts
yeah
Re: Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning by Amujale(m): 6:55pm On Jun 03, 2019
Hey guys, word has it that AJ’s team didn’t secure their rematch in the contract clause.

Oh my gold, what a stupid thing to does. Kindly check whether these facts hold up though.

Dontae (a close friend of AJ and a boxing pundit) says and I quote

“AJ and his team turned down a re-match in the contract because they thought they wouldn’t need it”

I don’t know what you guys think of that news, maybe it’s fake news,but if not, then, that to me was a very naive move on their part.

Although, after fight, the promoter Eddie Hearn announced the rematch will be Nov - December later in the year.

It seems to me team Ruiz now holds all the aces.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cardiff Striker, Emiliano Sala Feared Dead After Plane Crash (Photos) / Masquerades Visit Victor Anichebe In His Hometown (Photos) / Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.