Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) (70263 Views)

Tyson Fury Reached Out To Anthonyjoshua After His Loss To Andy Ruiz Jnr / The Look On Anthony Joshua's Face After Ruiz Jr Knocked Him Out. Nigerians React / Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by reicherMan: 4:24am On Jun 02, 2019
A late replacement and massive underdog, Andy Ruiz Jr. just shook up the world.

Ruiz (33-1, 22 KOs) spoiled the long-awaited U.S. debut of unified heavyweight champion and British star Anthony Joshua to score four knockdowns and record a spectacular upset via seventh-round TKO at Madison Square Garden.

Ruiz get up off the canvas early in Round 3 in order to do what oddsmakers felt was nearly impossible, he showed tremendous poise, power and fearlessness in systematically dismantling Joshua (22-1, 21 KOs) to flip the heavyweight division upside down

Ruiz, 29, a native of southern California, became the first boxer of Mexican descent to win a heavyweight title as he captured Joshua's IBF, WBA and WBO titles with excessive force and heart. The upset was arguably the biggest within the division.

"I just want to thank God for giving me this victory. Without him this wouldn't have been possible," Ruiz said. "This is what I have been dreaming about. This is what I have been working hard for, and I can't believe I just made my dreams come true."

Ruiz never backed down from there despite letting Joshua off the hook in Round 4 when it was clear both fighters were heavily fatigued. Two knockdowns later in Round 7 and referee Michael Griffin jumped in at 1:27 to wave the fight off as Joshua was weary on his feet.

With the sold-out crowd, which was largely in favor of Joshua, stunned and silent following the stoppage, Ruiz jumped around the ring in wild celebration.

"Big respect to Andy, big big respect," Joshua said. "[He's a] good fighter. Thank you America. Thank you everyone for coming out this evening. Sorry I let my friends down, sorry I let my supporters down."

Watch Video:

Source: https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2019/06/anthony-joshua-loses-to-andy-ruiz-jr.html

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by reicherMan: 4:50am On Jun 02, 2019
Watch Video HERE

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by reicherMan: 4:50am On Jun 02, 2019

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Nobody: 5:01am On Jun 02, 2019
My boy disappointed me.

That's why i prefer adasanya Isreal. No one can beat Israel like this.

103 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by MJBOLT: 5:01am On Jun 02, 2019
from barça disgrace at anfield to AJ humiliating defeat,which kain wahala be this?

236 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by ayufun: 5:02am On Jun 02, 2019
This is too early for AJ, he may not get back to feet too soon.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Xsem(m): 5:02am On Jun 02, 2019
embarassed

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by GrowYourSales(m): 5:02am On Jun 02, 2019
Our own Anthony

Ah ah I thought he was unbeatable...I wanted to marry him that year cheesy

56 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Xsem(m): 5:02am On Jun 02, 2019
The midget wey no even get 6 packs.This match should be investigated,I will not take it.

192 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Enuoyan: 5:02am On Jun 02, 2019
Somehow disappointing though, but nor be every day be christmas

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by thegreencoal: 5:02am On Jun 02, 2019
Drake's curse. It's a real curse. Sorry AJ. cry

112 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by kalvoken(m): 5:02am On Jun 02, 2019
Chain, anto wetin happen na

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by pweshdodo(m): 5:02am On Jun 02, 2019
There is no forever champion cheesy

54 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by skyhadi16(m): 5:03am On Jun 02, 2019
Not good
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by culcid(m): 5:03am On Jun 02, 2019
I’m weeping

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by LilSmith55(m): 5:03am On Jun 02, 2019
Ehn
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by VillagePipu: 5:03am On Jun 02, 2019
Both were tired, strength failed, longer staying power and stamina took over.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by femi4: 5:03am On Jun 02, 2019
When you underrate your opponent ....that's what you get

188 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by bujebudanu1(m): 5:03am On Jun 02, 2019
Mexican descendant. cool awon eyan elchapo
Na drug full that guy body
E no fit tire

53 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Shehucom(m): 5:03am On Jun 02, 2019
Joshua was over confidence, the defeat his Good for him. I hope he comes back Mentally strong.

But AJ Never Expererit

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Pavore9: 5:03am On Jun 02, 2019
Unexpected......that is what life is really about as there is no champion forever.

8 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by dykedarlyn(m): 5:03am On Jun 02, 2019
the Ruiz guy performed beyond everyone’s expectations, he won the fight clearly

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by larion: 5:03am On Jun 02, 2019
Very sad one.

The moment he employed a sport psychologists to his team, I was worried something might be wrong.

And there we have it... My pain is the noise Wilder will make.

But that's life.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by VillagePipu: 5:03am On Jun 02, 2019
culcid:
I’m weeping

For?

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Emman93(m): 5:03am On Jun 02, 2019
Too much hype, I knew he can't last long. See the kind of person that knocked him down. cry

29 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by MrKong: 5:04am On Jun 02, 2019
How can Joshua let that fat fnck knock him out. The guy practically look like an over fed guinea pig.

What a disgrace!

112 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by iHart(m): 5:04am On Jun 02, 2019
Hahahaha, Anthony knocked out?

14 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by miketayo(m): 5:04am On Jun 02, 2019
Weakest set of heavyweight champions

43 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Frankiss44(m): 5:04am On Jun 02, 2019
Na wah.. How this kind fat man go knock Joshua down na.. This was one fight I expected to be walk over for him..

But what do I really know about boxing anyway

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by dominique(f): 5:04am On Jun 02, 2019
Ehyah sad

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by VillagePipu: 5:04am On Jun 02, 2019
My chest is paining me

6 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by TEDHorsePower: 5:05am On Jun 02, 2019
This is unbelievable. Anthony looked fit more than Ruiz.

For Ruiz to knock down Anthony in this manner means that you should never ever look down on anyone.

Congrats Ruiz

118 Likes 7 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

How To Predict And Win Virtual Football League (vfl) / Super Falcons Wearing Skirts In France (Photos) / U-17 Eaglets To Receive 20k Each (pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.