Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,076 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Eid-l-fitri 2019: Sultan Orders Search For The New Crescent On Monday's Night - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Eid-l-fitri 2019: Sultan Orders Search For The New Crescent On Monday's Night (11431 Views)

Sultan Declares Wednesday June 28th Eid l Kabir / Ibadan Muslims Defy Sultan’s Directive, Observe Eid-El-Fitri Prayer On Wednesday / Eid-l-fitri 2019: Crescent Has Been Sighted, Sultan To Make Announcement Shortly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eid-l-fitri 2019: Sultan Orders Search For The New Crescent On Monday's Night by Lukgaf(m): 5:01am On Jun 03, 2019
The Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA), under the leadership of its President-General and Sultan of Sokoto, His Eminence, Alh. Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar, CFR, mni, felicitates with the entire Muslim Ummah in Nigeria and all over the world on this year’s Ramadan Fast. The Council prays that the Almighty Allah accept it from us as an act of Ibadah. Amin.

Following the advice of the National Moon Sighting Committee (NMSC), the President-General enjoins the Nigerian Muslim Ummah to search for the crescent of Shawwal 1440 AH immediately after sunset on Monday, June 3, 2019 equivalent to Ramadan 29, 1440 AH. If the crescent is sighted by Muslims of impeccable character on the said evening, His Eminence would declare Tuesday, June 4, 2019 as the first day of Shawwal and the day of ‘idul fitr.

If, however, the crescent is not sighted that day, then, Wednesday, June 5, 2019 automatically becomes the first day of Shawwal, 1440 AH and the day of ‘idul fitr.

Muslims all over the country are hereby enjoined to be on the lookout for the directive of His Eminence, the President-General of NSCIA, on the termination of this year’s Ramadan fast.

In addition to established and traditional Islamic leaders in each locality, members of the National Moon Sighting Committee who can be contacted for information and clarification are:

S/N
NAME

PHONE NO.

Sheikh Dahir Bauchi

Sayyadibashir26@yahoo.com

Sheikh Karibullah Kabara

malamkabara@yahoo.com

Mal. Simwal Usman Jibrin

simwaljibril@yahoo.com

Sheikh Salihu Yaaqub

Salihumy11@hotmail.com.com

Mal. Jafar Abubakar

Jaafaraa1434@gmail.com

Alh. Abdullahi Umar

waziringwandu@yahoo.com

Prof. J.M. Kaura

Jmkaura56@yahoo.com

Dr. Bashir Aliyu Umar

Baumar277@gmail.com

Sheikh Habeebullah Adam Al-Ilory

habibelilory@ymail.com

Ustaz Nurudeen Ibrahim

Nurudeen.a.o.ibrahim@gmail.com

Muhammad Rabiu Salahudeen

muhammadrabiusalahudeen@gmail.com

Sheikh Abdur-Razzaq Ishola

hustaz@yahoo.com
sheikh@ al@abrartravels.com

Sheikh Abdur Rasheed Mayaleke

jentleasad@yahoo.com

Dr. Ganiy I. Agbaje

Ganiy.agbaje@nasrda.gov.ng
gagbaje@yahoo.co.uk

Gafar M. Kuforiji

kuforijiabdulwasiu@gmail.com

Prof. Usman El-Nafaty

elnafaty@gmail.com

Mal. Ibrahim Zubairu Salisu

zubairusalisu@yahoo.com

Dr. Usman Hayatu Dukku

0805 7041968

udukku@yahoo.com

Imam Manu
Muhammad

limaminmisau@gmail.com

Qadee Ahamad Bobboy

adamawaemiratecouncil@yahoo.com

Prof. Z. I. Oboh Oseni

oseni@unilorin.edu.ng
wazzioseni@gmail.com

Nurudeen Asunogie D.

hamdallah1999@yahoo.com

Sheikh Bala Lau

balalaujibwisnigeria@gmail.com

Sheikh Sani Yahaya Jingir

ustaznasirabdulmuhyi@yahoo.com

Sheikh AbdurRahman Ahmad

aahmadimam@yahoo.co.uk

Muhammad Yaseen Qamarud-Deen

crescentgroup2000@gmail.com

Sheikh Lukman Abdallah

abuyatamaa@gmail.com

Sheikh Sulaiman Gumi

ssgummi@gmail.com

Sheikh Adam Idoko

imamidoko@gmail.com

Alh. Yusuf Nwoha

yusufnwoha@gmail.com

While reminding the Ummah of the necessity of paying Zakatul-Fitri with the intention of lifting the hearts of the indigent members of the community, the Council urges all to ensure its delivery to the appropriate recipients (i.e. the poor) and guard against its diversion by any agent or intermediary.

All media houses in the country are requested to kindly publicise the awaited announcement by His Eminence, the President-General of NSCIA and Sultan of Sokoto.

‘Id Mubarak in advance!

Signed

Prof. Salisu Shehu
Deputy Secretary-General, NSCIA

The Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA)

3 Likes

Re: Eid-l-fitri 2019: Sultan Orders Search For The New Crescent On Monday's Night by Nobody: 5:40am On Jun 03, 2019
Can someone tell me the meaning of this nonsense

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eid-l-fitri 2019: Sultan Orders Search For The New Crescent On Monday's Night by Lukgaf(m): 7:00am On Jun 03, 2019
Are you not a Muslim?
YoungFr:

1 Like

Re: Eid-l-fitri 2019: Sultan Orders Search For The New Crescent On Monday's Night by Nobody: 7:54am On Jun 03, 2019
Lukgaf:
Are you not a Muslim?
Non-religion why did you ask?

7 Likes

Re: Eid-l-fitri 2019: Sultan Orders Search For The New Crescent On Monday's Night by Lukgaf(m): 8:01am On Jun 03, 2019
YoungFr:

Then why did you want to comment? You want to abuse us or our Sultan?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eid-l-fitri 2019: Sultan Orders Search For The New Crescent On Monday's Night by binsanni(m): 10:57am On Jun 03, 2019
eyah sorry
next time face your problem and leave others with their own
YoungFr:

Masha Allah

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eid-l-fitri 2019: Sultan Orders Search For The New Crescent On Monday's Night by Duggedised12(f): 11:21am On Jun 03, 2019
YoungFr:

dont worry. The stupid oath will be reverted back after a week or so. Its just a stupid oath, its causes no harm. I thought as a non-religion, things like this don't bother you people? undecided or are you scared? All this lily-livered atheist sef undecided undecided

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eid-l-fitri 2019: Sultan Orders Search For The New Crescent On Monday's Night by Bossjakande: 11:22am On Jun 03, 2019
preshy561 ave u seen our missing moon

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eid-l-fitri 2019: Sultan Orders Search For The New Crescent On Monday's Night by Bossjakande: 11:25am On Jun 03, 2019
Lukgaf:
The Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA), under the leadership of its President-General and Sultan of Sokoto, His Eminence, Alh. Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar, CFR, mni, felicitates with the entire Muslim Ummah in Nigeria and all over the world on this year’s Ramadan Fast. The Council prays that the Almighty Allah accept it from us as an act of Ibadah. Amin.

Following the advice of the National Moon Sighting Committee (NMSC), the President-General enjoins the Nigerian Muslim Ummah to search for the crescent of Shawwal 1440 AH immediately after sunset on Monday, June 3, 2019 equivalent to Ramadan 29, 1440 AH. If the crescent is sighted by Muslims of impeccable character on the said evening, His Eminence would declare Tuesday, June 4, 2019 as the first day of Shawwal and the day of ‘idul fitr.

If, however, the crescent is not sighted that day, then, Wednesday, June 5, 2019 automatically becomes the first day of Shawwal, 1440 AH and the day of ‘idul fitr.

Muslims all over the country are hereby enjoined to be on the lookout for the directive of His Eminence, the President-General of NSCIA, on the termination of this year’s Ramadan fast.
Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA)[/url]

am Yoruba u know most of us are chrislam and most av Christain and Muslim in d family why only sultan and Fulani DAT direct Muslim life in naija.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eid-l-fitri 2019: Sultan Orders Search For The New Crescent On Monday's Night by RichBoy247: 11:26am On Jun 03, 2019
YoungFr:

We don't want "non-religion" people on this thread. Se finih

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eid-l-fitri 2019: Sultan Orders Search For The New Crescent On Monday's Night by luluman: 11:37am On Jun 03, 2019
YoungFr:
Can't you mind your business? This does not concern you.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Eid-l-fitri 2019: Sultan Orders Search For The New Crescent On Monday's Night by Speedo17(m): 11:39am On Jun 03, 2019
Astrology is the discovery of God. This is why I respect the intellect of our Muslim brethren.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eid-l-fitri 2019: Sultan Orders Search For The New Crescent On Monday's Night by Sterope(f): 11:45am On Jun 03, 2019
Someone will claim to have seen the moon again. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Eid-l-fitri 2019: Sultan Orders Search For The New Crescent On Monday's Night by Cutestee(m): 12:03pm On Jun 03, 2019
Sterope:
Someone will claim to have seen the moon again. undecided

You Mean To Say, The Declaration Of Eid Will Be Based On A Single Source Claim?
Nah, It Will Be Verified By Multiple Source..
Re: Eid-l-fitri 2019: Sultan Orders Search For The New Crescent On Monday's Night by Sterope(f): 12:12pm On Jun 03, 2019
What multiple sources? You mean overzealous people calling to have seen the moon? How do you verify new moon that will only be seen for some secs/mins?

They should just admit that they follow Saudi Arabia sightings.

Cutestee:

You Mean To Say, The Declaration Of Eid Will Be Based On A Single Source Claim?
Nah, It Will Be Verified By Multiple Source..

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eid-l-fitri 2019: Sultan Orders Search For The New Crescent On Monday's Night by hope4life: 12:25pm On Jun 03, 2019
Stupid looking for the moon even after Govt has declared Tue.and Wed as holidays.I used to abandon the oath but it means nothing. I believe in JESUS CHRIST as the Saviour of the world.You people run your mouths in Christian session and nobody put any oath there.You Muslims are suffering from insecurity and low self esteem.Quran is not translated because of its secrecy and then an oath on Nairaland so that nobody can criticise you.You kill,bomb and make the world restless in the name of Jihad yet it's a religion of peace. Repent and give your life to Jesus Christ,the ONLY way to Heaven.Jesus loves all.Muslims and want to save them.He is Ruhu Tulai and Kalma Tulai.waiting for your crucifixion.
Seun, to avoid double standard, we Christians wants to put out own oath too before anyone can comment
JESUS CHRIST IS LORD FOREVER

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Eid-l-fitri 2019: Sultan Orders Search For The New Crescent On Monday's Night by RemiTinubu(f): 12:45pm On Jun 03, 2019
yeroba Muslims are not allowed to search grin

6 Likes

Re: Eid-l-fitri 2019: Sultan Orders Search For The New Crescent On Monday's Night by RemiTinubu(f): 12:49pm On Jun 03, 2019
inalali otu walaka salaka sibiri na ala otu walaka abdulahi Insha'Allah amin
I want to marry adadike masha Allah amin kiss

allahu akbar grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eid-l-fitri 2019: Sultan Orders Search For The New Crescent On Monday's Night by BenzEne1(m): 1:09pm On Jun 03, 2019
hope4life:
Stupid looking for the moon even after Govt has declared Tue.and Wed as holidays.I used to abandon the oath but it means nothing. I believe in JESUS CHRIST as the Saviour of the world.You people run your mouths in Christian session and nobody put any oath there.You Muslims are suffering from insecurity and low self esteem.Quran is not translated because of its secrecy and then an oath on Nairaland so that nobody can criticise you.You kill,bomb and make the world restless in the name of Jihad yet it's a religion of peace. Repent and give your life to Jesus Christ,the ONLY way to Heaven.Jesus loves all.Muslims and want to save them.He is Ruhu Tulai and Kalma Tulai.waiting for your crucifixion.
Seun, to avoid double standard, we Christians wants to put out own oath too before anyone can comment

You aren't making any sense. Complain to the mods or Seun, if you want an oath on your thread. Nobody hold una. The oath was placed there so people like you wouldn't come and rain insults on Muslims and Islam. You have done just that even with the oath there.

And to the other matter you raised. I will ask just one question: a pastor recently slept with and impregnated various women in his congregation (married/unmarried) in one of the eastern states, are we to judge all Christians and the Bible to be in support of adultery and fornication??
Don't judge Islam by the actions of Muslims no matter how holy they appear. Rather judge Muslims by the laws of Islam.

Oh, I just saw you said the Qur'an isn't in a translated form. Ignore my post its no use discussing with people like you. More like drawing water from a mirage....

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eid-l-fitri 2019: Sultan Orders Search For The New Crescent On Monday's Night by lekankolade(m): 2:12pm On Jun 03, 2019
Sterope:
What multiple sources? You mean overzealous people calling to have seen the moon? How do you verify new moon that will only be seen for some secs/mins?

They should just admit that they follow Saudi Arabia sightings.

How does this become your problem...... ?
Re: Eid-l-fitri 2019: Sultan Orders Search For The New Crescent On Monday's Night by Sterope(f): 2:16pm On Jun 03, 2019
The thing is I happen to be a Muslim and a Nigerian.
lekankolade:

How does this become your problem...... ?
Re: Eid-l-fitri 2019: Sultan Orders Search For The New Crescent On Monday's Night by Tunasco4u(m): 2:21pm On Jun 03, 2019
OK
Re: Eid-l-fitri 2019: Sultan Orders Search For The New Crescent On Monday's Night by moshuur(m): 2:53pm On Jun 03, 2019
hope4life:
It's d other way round....u guys are d ones that run ur mouths on d Muslim threads(Almost on every thread)
Re: Eid-l-fitri 2019: Sultan Orders Search For The New Crescent On Monday's Night by magzey: 3:10pm On Jun 03, 2019
YoungFr:
Your question seems you are Ignorant of Islam, sorry may Allah forgive you and make you understand. Ameen
Re: Eid-l-fitri 2019: Sultan Orders Search For The New Crescent On Monday's Night by Hadampson(m): 3:42pm On Jun 03, 2019
Duggedised12:
dont worry. The stupid oath will be reverted back after a week or so. Its just a stupid oath, its causes no harm. I thought as a non-religion, things like this don't bother you people? undecided or are you scared? All this lily-livered atheist sef undecided undecided

You are very stupid for saying this. Can't you just mind your business for crying out loud undecided

angry
Re: Eid-l-fitri 2019: Sultan Orders Search For The New Crescent On Monday's Night by Hadampson(m): 3:43pm On Jun 03, 2019
Bossjakande:
am Yoruba u know most of us are chrislam and most av Christain and Muslim in d family why only sultan and Fulani DAT direct Muslim life in naija.

Why do you care to know undecided

Face your own religion biko and stop asking questions
Re: Eid-l-fitri 2019: Sultan Orders Search For The New Crescent On Monday's Night by Hadampson(m): 3:45pm On Jun 03, 2019
Binikingdowm:
Useless religion

Like yours is useful... Stupid post from stupid somebody sad

Learn to respect others people religion. I'm a Muslim and i respect Christians and traditional worshippers. We cannot be the same in everything.
Re: Eid-l-fitri 2019: Sultan Orders Search For The New Crescent On Monday's Night by Hadampson(m): 3:48pm On Jun 03, 2019
hope4life:

Honestly, you have problems

How i wish i knew one of your family members so that they can do the needful.
Re: Eid-l-fitri 2019: Sultan Orders Search For The New Crescent On Monday's Night by SheikhMuniru(m): 3:53pm On Jun 03, 2019
IN ADDITION TO THE NAMES ABOVE
SHEIKH MUNIRU EMEKA AGBABIAKA
E-mail: Sheikhmuniru@gmail.com
Re: Eid-l-fitri 2019: Sultan Orders Search For The New Crescent On Monday's Night by OGHENAOGIE(m): 4:36pm On Jun 03, 2019
RemiTinubu:
yeroba Muslims are not allowed to search grin
lolzzz u no well oooo shey dem nobe Muslim ni

(1) (2) (Reply)

Angola Denies Banning Islam / How Long Can Husband And Wife Live Separately In Islaam? / Jonathan Names Sultan As Leader Of FG Delegation To 2014 Hajj

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.