Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,012 members, 7,810,805 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

None Of My Family Members Wanted Me In Acting — Actress Jennifer Obodo Reveals - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / None Of My Family Members Wanted Me In Acting — Actress Jennifer Obodo Reveals (15749 Views)

Actress Jennifer Omole Is Dead / My Mother Wanted Me To Be A Reverend Father"- John Dumelo Shares Throwback Photo / Gordons: I Was Born With 7 Teeth & My Parents Wanted Me Dead Because Of It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

None Of My Family Members Wanted Me In Acting — Actress Jennifer Obodo Reveals by MhizMuna: 6:18am On Jun 03, 2019
Jennifer Obodo is a fast rising Nollywood actress and an established model. A graduate of Mass Communication and Media Technology from Lead City University, Ibadan, Oyo State,

The Imo State-born thespian began her journey into the movie industry after her friend facilitated her first movie role during a movie shoot near her house.

In this interview with Newton-Ray Ukwuoma, she also talked about her encounter with ‘fake friends’ in the industry, why she can’t go nude; her challenges among others. Excerpts:

How long have you been acting?

I will say I started acting full time 3 years ago

How did your journey into the movie industry commence?

I have always had the passion for acting. I didn’t know where to start from and how to go about it. I started modeling in 2010 after my O’level. So, I had friends who always encouraged me and asked me to join the movie industry on the grounds that I have got all it takes to be a TV star. Then I had the courage to go for it. I started getting audition updates from people and on Facebook. My family then was against it, especially my elder brother, who was like a thorn in my flesh.

I told him that the only thing I needed was his support or else I will go behind and do my thing. My mum later gave in and supported me. However, in 2011, I was at home cooking when my friend came to me and told me that they were filming close to my house; that a guy who is an actor on that set came around to buy something and then they started talking and she told him she had a friend who really wanted to act but doesn’t know how to start. So, the guy requested to see me. She called me to meet the guy. I quickly rounded off with what I was doing and went to see him.

https://www./2019/06/none-of-my-family-members-wanted-me-in-acting-actress-jennifer-obodo-reveals.html

Re: None Of My Family Members Wanted Me In Acting — Actress Jennifer Obodo Reveals by JasonScoolari: 6:24am On Jun 03, 2019
Truckload of Bullshit.

Your elder brother knows that if you step into the present day nollywood industry, that would be your induction into "coded prostitution" and I, Jason Scoolari give you a minimum of two years for this to happen.

By the way, the only "Obodo" we know in Nigeria is the Ex Super Eagles midfielder, Christian Obodo who played for Udinese of Italy.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: None Of My Family Members Wanted Me In Acting — Actress Jennifer Obodo Reveals by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:31am On Jun 03, 2019
Believe in what you do and do what you believe in.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: None Of My Family Members Wanted Me In Acting — Actress Jennifer Obodo Reveals by Emrixx(f): 6:32am On Jun 03, 2019
Ok
Re: None Of My Family Members Wanted Me In Acting — Actress Jennifer Obodo Reveals by Nobody: 6:32am On Jun 03, 2019
What if neptune (coldest planet) is Heaven and venus (hottest planet) is Hell.....

Or maybe I am just hungry

1 Like

Re: None Of My Family Members Wanted Me In Acting — Actress Jennifer Obodo Reveals by MrGist: 6:32am On Jun 03, 2019
wink kiss
Re: None Of My Family Members Wanted Me In Acting — Actress Jennifer Obodo Reveals by MisterGrace: 6:34am On Jun 03, 2019
Actresses these days are mostly prostitutes.

It is hard to find a decent one even though they exists.

1 Like

Re: None Of My Family Members Wanted Me In Acting — Actress Jennifer Obodo Reveals by GOFRONT(m): 6:38am On Jun 03, 2019
They simply dont want you to become an olosho

1 Like

Re: None Of My Family Members Wanted Me In Acting — Actress Jennifer Obodo Reveals by GrowYourSales(m): 6:41am On Jun 03, 2019
She had beautiful jaw lines..

Well, have you a business? And need massive sales? Check my signature
Re: None Of My Family Members Wanted Me In Acting — Actress Jennifer Obodo Reveals by sevunteen(m): 6:41am On Jun 03, 2019
Ur career, ur concern
Re: None Of My Family Members Wanted Me In Acting — Actress Jennifer Obodo Reveals by namiji2598: 6:48am On Jun 03, 2019
maybe that's y I never know u
Re: None Of My Family Members Wanted Me In Acting — Actress Jennifer Obodo Reveals by Nobody: 6:56am On Jun 03, 2019
All the best in your career.

But I don't know her sha
Re: None Of My Family Members Wanted Me In Acting — Actress Jennifer Obodo Reveals by Dagger111(m): 7:02am On Jun 03, 2019
Sethzenon:
What if neptune (coldest planet) is Heaven and venus (hottest planet) is Hell.....

Definitely you are hungry. Oya take food tongue
Re: None Of My Family Members Wanted Me In Acting — Actress Jennifer Obodo Reveals by tydi(m): 7:09am On Jun 03, 2019
The girl fine shaa..

Nne pls join.. Our politicians can't wait to fest on you

1 Like

Re: None Of My Family Members Wanted Me In Acting — Actress Jennifer Obodo Reveals by Arkmanbuddy(m): 7:10am On Jun 03, 2019
Sethzenon:

Oh, you're not just hungry, I think you're having a hangover from drinking too much water.
Re: None Of My Family Members Wanted Me In Acting — Actress Jennifer Obodo Reveals by thesicilian: 7:11am On Jun 03, 2019
JasonScoolari:
Truckload of Bullshit.

Your elder brother knows that if you step into the present day nollywood industry, that would be your induction into "coded prostitution" and I, Jason Scoolari give you a minimum of two years for this to happen.

By the way, the only "Obodo" we know in Nigeria is the Ex Super Eagles midfielder, Christian Obodo who played for Udinese of Italy.
And that song Obodo by Nigga Raw

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: None Of My Family Members Wanted Me In Acting — Actress Jennifer Obodo Reveals by josh18(m): 7:15am On Jun 03, 2019
after now........she go don buy house of #500 million for Lagos island say na hard work ....rubbish

1 Like

Re: None Of My Family Members Wanted Me In Acting — Actress Jennifer Obodo Reveals by eobianke(m): 7:21am On Jun 03, 2019
I am a recent graduate waiting for NYSC which might come up probably in June. Please guyz if there is any one who has any opportunity legally which I can do temporally to make a living please help. I have OND In chemical Engineering and just rounded up my B Eng in same chemical Engineering. Am currently staying in Agbor Delta State but am very well ready to mobilize anywhere.
Please friends don't ignore

1 Like

Re: None Of My Family Members Wanted Me In Acting — Actress Jennifer Obodo Reveals by oyinda1599(f): 7:22am On Jun 03, 2019
Sethzenon:

...U are seriously hungry.
Re: None Of My Family Members Wanted Me In Acting — Actress Jennifer Obodo Reveals by ukaface(f): 7:27am On Jun 03, 2019
JasonScoolari:
Truckload of Bullshit.

got ya! should I start counting
Re: None Of My Family Members Wanted Me In Acting — Actress Jennifer Obodo Reveals by KristaPretty(f): 7:34am On Jun 03, 2019
They didn't want you to act cos nobody will know or notice you like now angry
Re: None Of My Family Members Wanted Me In Acting — Actress Jennifer Obodo Reveals by Ovii123(m): 7:40am On Jun 03, 2019
GOFRONT:
They simply dont want you to become an olosho
Exactly

1 Like

Re: None Of My Family Members Wanted Me In Acting — Actress Jennifer Obodo Reveals by deenee: 7:56am On Jun 03, 2019
We also don't want you to join nollywood. We are with your family on this
Re: None Of My Family Members Wanted Me In Acting — Actress Jennifer Obodo Reveals by gulfer: 8:28am On Jun 03, 2019
I told him that the only thing I needed was his support or else I will go behind and do my thing. My mum later gave in and supported me. However, in 2011, I was at home cooking when my friend came to me and told me that they were filming close to my house; that a guy who is an actor on that set came around to buy something and then they started talking and she told him she had a friend who really wanted to act but doesn’t know how to start. So, the guy requested to see me. She called me to meet the guy. I quickly rounded off with what I was doing and went to see him.
So what happened next
Re: None Of My Family Members Wanted Me In Acting — Actress Jennifer Obodo Reveals by JasonScoolari: 8:32am On Jun 03, 2019
ukaface:
got ya! should I start counting
Lol, sure.
Re: None Of My Family Members Wanted Me In Acting — Actress Jennifer Obodo Reveals by Perkins1: 10:44am On Jun 03, 2019
[color=#770077][/color]Do you know there are businesses you can startup with zero or almost zero capital?

Don't blink! Contact me to add you to my group where I will teach you skills and knowledge of how to go about this.

Knowledge is power!!
Re: None Of My Family Members Wanted Me In Acting — Actress Jennifer Obodo Reveals by Aidejay(m): 11:22am On Jun 03, 2019
they understand that olosho cresent is on Nollywood street
That's why

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Shocking Photos Of Celebrities Without Makeup!! / Ifu Ennada: No Sex Or Kissing In 2019 / Open Letter To Daddy Freeze By Alexander Thandi Ubani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.