Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,530 members, 7,816,294 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

Big Sis - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Big Sis (563 Views)

A Poets Letter To A Kid Sis Turning 18 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Big Sis by Sezioha(m): 8:31am On Jun 04, 2019
DCC Nnewi could boast of a good number of beggars, adults, children, Igbos, Hausas, Fulanis, even people from Chad with their lovely long hair. Each time someone walked pass, they would plead with outstretched hands for alms.

Sometimes, sympathetic passers-by would fling ₦20, ₦50 notes to them, while the less sympathetic ones would fling off the beggars’ hands off their clothes, shake off the dirt, mutter an acute curse and walk off.

It was a normal event till… Till…

It was a Saturday afternoon, the bike man I boarded his bike to drop me at New Age Computers had some ideas in his head, so I shouted at him to drop me at the Roundabout. I calmly deducted ₦50 from his money and gave him the rest. He made to complain but the look in my eyes told him clear enough to keep off. He grumbled loudly and took the money. It is not Viktoreeah that you will kill with neck-breaking speed.

“Aunty please give me money,” a child beggar said, tugging at my dress. Wait, did I say tug? She wanted to pull off the dress or tear it.

Read more on:

https://www.thezenpens.com/2019/06/04/big-sis/

(1) (Reply)

Hi Guys! Im New Here. / Happy Birthday To Me / "This is Actually What Encourages Nigerian Writers (A Nairalander Shares..) Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.