Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,437 members, 7,836,742 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

A Poets Letter To A Kid Sis Turning 18 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Poets Letter To A Kid Sis Turning 18 (375 Views)

Diary Of A Shy College Kid: Year One (By Kayode Odusanya) / Submission Of Poems: Best “new” African Poets 2018 ANTHOLOGY / Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Poets Letter To A Kid Sis Turning 18 by RabJ(m): 4:06am On Jun 06, 2020
Sorry I couldn't write you a birthday poem,
but i wrapped an advice as a present instead.
Though you're my kid sis,
Today signifies you're no longer a kid.
This day beckons you to put off the the gown of childhood and wear the overalls of adulthood.
Today is your matriculation to adulthood; so its not a day for fancy words and sugar coated wishes,
From now henceforth, let this music keep playing on your minds stereo " i am the captain of my soul"
Remind yourself that you sit in the drivers sit of your life; you alone are responsible for directions your life take
For sure make reference to the bible as life's manual
Pray and listen to God for directions
But always remember God cant make decisions for you.
That been said, here's my advice:
Make your birthday an audit day
A day you take stock of how you've spent the past 365 days
Make it a day to review all the goals you set for yourself the year before
Let it be a day you ask yourself questions like these;
How many books did i plan to read and how many did i read?
Which new skill did i plan to learn and how well did i learn it?
What kind of habit did i develop which habit did i stop?
How much did i plan to save and how much did i save?

I greatly hope you plan to abide by the aforementioned advice for only then would my next point make any sense
Its something i wish i knew earlier;
Don't celebrate birthdays after every 12 months or 365 days
You need to mark your birthday every three month or 90 days instead.
Meaning every three month you do a life review and preview, you set quarterly life goals( yearly goals are usually forgotten in few weeks)
With your birthday splitted into four; 6th September, 6th December and 6th March becomes additional birthdays to the already existing 6th June
They become days for review and preview of life and time
But incase you're unable to remember everything i said please write these words of Viktor Emil Frankl on the tablet of your heart
"Live as if you were living a second time,
and as though you had acted wrongly the first time."
With love from the top and bottom of my heart
Happy Birthday to my now big little sis
From your Big Bro Israel Rabo

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Pleass How Can I Get Eze Goes To School PDF / Pandora's Box / Article/blog Writer Needed Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.