Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

How I Became A Beggar At Ikeja Courtsey Of First Bank - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How I Became A Beggar At Ikeja Courtsey Of First Bank (982 Views)

Story Of How I Became An Airlord / The Old Beggar Woman / A Beggar's Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Became A Beggar At Ikeja Courtsey Of First Bank by sEGXY2(m): 6:45am On Jun 05, 2019
I became a beggar at Ikeja courtesy of first bank
Yesterday was a day I will not forget in a hurry. I
literally became a beggar. If you encountered a well
dressed man with a purple nylon bag around traffic
light ogba axis begging for tfare yesterday it means
we've probably met.

Here's how it happened.

I had to go obtain a personal need at ICM and upon
getting there I discovered the price of the item I
wanted to get was slightly more than I budgeted for.
The only way I could still purchase the item is to
remove out of my transport fare back to Ikorodu. No
qualms I thought, I still had a meagre sum Of 1k in
my account and it would be enough to transport me
back to Ikorodu. So I proceeded to purchase the
item at ICM then with the remainder of the cash with
me, i went to drop another item with a client in
Ogba. While coming back I decided to use First
bank ATM machine to withdraw the last 1k in my
account and start heading to home (Ikorodu).

I inserted my ATM card into the machine then
followed the regular procedure, it got to when the
machine was to dispense cash, it kept reading
transaction in progress, while this was happening i
had received a debit alert, up until the machine
ejected the card few minutes later, no cash was
dispensed.

That was how I got stranded at Ogba.
For the first ten minutes I was clueless as to what to
do next. I mailed my bank (First bank) informing
them of the situation at hand. 30 minutes later, no
reply.

Fifty minutes later i was still there waiting for first
bank to refund my stolen 1k. Some more minutes I
realized what I was waiting for was like waiting for
Ighalo to net a goal.

That was how I turned a beggar with all my fine
swag. How I eventually got home is a tale for
another day. First bank go blow last last ni.

culled from
http://loudthoughts.com.ng
Re: How I Became A Beggar At Ikeja Courtsey Of First Bank by delishpot: 6:56am On Jun 05, 2019
Lol, 1k balance in the bank and he still dey form swag?

Anyhow sha, the bank no try.. Swag or no swag they should fix their mess.
Re: How I Became A Beggar At Ikeja Courtsey Of First Bank by keneryhark(m): 7:00am On Jun 05, 2019
you ought to have just reach out to a friend to borrow u money by sending money to your account. then u withdraw from another ATM machine

2 Likes

Re: How I Became A Beggar At Ikeja Courtsey Of First Bank by DonGtoG1(m): 7:19am On Jun 05, 2019
SORRY about your past predicament.

My suggestion/advice
1. Why not go back to your client, explain your ordeal to him/her and ask for assistance.
2. Always know it that the money you have at hand is what your budget(s) should be based on.
3. In this present time in Nigeria with all the news and all that is happening around us, people rarely/find it difficult to give (not because they can't nor don't want to).
4. And many more.
Re: How I Became A Beggar At Ikeja Courtsey Of First Bank by Jasen1(m): 7:22am On Jun 05, 2019
Why you been send card to one girl on Sunday and you even flex one too

So you broke self nawaa oh
Re: How I Became A Beggar At Ikeja Courtsey Of First Bank by RoyalBlu(f): 7:37am On Jun 05, 2019
My father my father.. Deliver your children from 'Insufficient Funds'

Bless the work of our hands. *only the legit ones*

Give us wisdom to manage our daily activities.Amen!!!

OP it's well o. smiley

1 Like

Re: How I Became A Beggar At Ikeja Courtsey Of First Bank by Martins6545: 11:01am On Jun 05, 2019
First bank is becoming something else these days, so many people are complaining

The transaction I did days ago has still not been received and I have been debited ooh

I swear they are just lucky I am not around, everything about that country is just back forward

I for create better scene for that their useless bank
Re: How I Became A Beggar At Ikeja Courtsey Of First Bank by Greatzeus(m): 6:59pm On Jun 05, 2019
DonGtoG1:
SORRY about your past predicament.

My suggestion/advice
1. Why not go back to your client, explain your ordeal to him/her and ask for assistance.
2. Always know it that the money you have at hand is what your budget(s) should be based on.
3. In this present time in Nigeria with all the news and all that is happening around us, people rarely/find it difficult to give (not because they can't nor don't want to).
4. And many more.
Very good suggestion but the story is fake,it's one of those cooked up crap that aims to redirect readers to a particular site. When I see an external link in a story,I stop reading undecided
Re: How I Became A Beggar At Ikeja Courtsey Of First Bank by DonGtoG1(m): 8:11pm On Jun 05, 2019
Greatzeus:

Very good suggestion but the story is fake,it's one of those cooked up crap that aims to redirect readers to a particular site. When I see an external link in a story,I stop reading undecided

That's true.

But, i don't go beyond their post, so i have nothing to do with their link.
Re: How I Became A Beggar At Ikeja Courtsey Of First Bank by Taniaa(f): 3:03am On Jun 06, 2019
RoyalBlu:
My father my father.. Deliver your children from 'Insufficient Funds'

Bless the work of our hands. *only the legit ones*

Give us wisdom to manage our daily activities.Amen!!!

OP it's well o. smiley

(1) (Reply)

The Truth About Harry Potter / The Translator Of The Genocide In Darfur / I Envy The Ants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.