Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,674 members, 7,813,244 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

Popular Nigeria Info Fm's OAP Kofi Bartels Arrested By SARS In Portharcourt - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Popular Nigeria Info Fm's OAP Kofi Bartels Arrested By SARS In Portharcourt (436 Views)

Man Refuses To Be Arrested By SARS In Front Of Lagos Court. Photos / Man Refuses To Be Arrested By SARS In Benin. Photos/video / Vikings Cultist Shot Dead By SARS In Enugu (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Popular Nigeria Info Fm's OAP Kofi Bartels Arrested By SARS In Portharcourt by OriginalPoster: 10:01am On Jun 05, 2019
Popular Nigeria Info Fm's On Air Presenter, Kofi Bartels was yesterday arrested by SARS in Portharcourt. In a series of tweet, he narrated his ordeal with the men in black...

MY ORDEAL AT THE HANDS OF SARS MEN

Yesterday, I was driving in my area and saw SARS officers beating up a boy who lives in the area. His mum fries Akara for a living and I knew immediately that they wouldn't be able to 'settle' the officers. He kept shouting "what have I done",

while they tried to force him into their bus. They were beating the hell out of him and don't know if he would have survived. I made to go plead with them but at a point hesitated and chose to take a shot of the bus and numberplate.

I was given the beating of my life right on
the road. They started by smashing my knees repeatedly with wooden bars. As I type this, my left knee is swollen and my right knee seriously bruised. I have pains on my head, neck and back.

I was handcuffed like a common criminal and shots were fired to disperse a small crowd
that had gathered. After a second round of beating, I was taken to SARS HQ in Port Harcourt where I was beaten more mercilessly by the SARS officers who took me there. About three others also joined in. They are took turns to slap, punch, kick me all over my body in a
detention room, while I was struggling with a swollen knee. At least 6 officers, one at a time. One swore he would have "wasted" me if his team were the one who picked me up. I was told to get ready to be thrown into their cell where I would receive the worst torture, including
sexual abuse by male inmates.

A couple of them told me to watch my back, saying this is my end in Rivers State, due to the human rights issues we treat on radio involving SARS and the police generally.

My phones were seized and I had no way of communicating with anyone.
I was saved at the last minute when word got to their former boss and they were ordered to release me unconditionally.
The pains were unbearable last night and I'll have to go for a skull and knee Xray today.

Several times, I've had to use my media platform to shout on behalf
of the voiceless in our society who have had their rights trampled upon by people meant to protect them. I got my own first hand experience yesterday. Some of the officers made me know how they felt about that.... literally.
So my crimes are;
1. Attempting to record the beating of that boy.

2. Taking up SARS and police issues on radio.

I'm taking their threats to my life seriously and putting authorities on notice. But please be aware, if anything happens to me or my family, you know who to suspect

Re: Popular Nigeria Info Fm's OAP Kofi Bartels Arrested By SARS In Portharcourt by Nobody: 10:03am On Jun 05, 2019
Just imagine, if 2 say na person wey no get job dem for tag am guy man.

Get yourself a very competent lawyer and sue the mofos
Re: Popular Nigeria Info Fm's OAP Kofi Bartels Arrested By SARS In Portharcourt by dollytino4real(f): 10:03am On Jun 05, 2019
sars has bitten more than dey can swallow

1 Like

Re: Popular Nigeria Info Fm's OAP Kofi Bartels Arrested By SARS In Portharcourt by OriginalPoster: 10:08am On Jun 05, 2019
It's high time we all speak up against this. This has got to stop
Re: Popular Nigeria Info Fm's OAP Kofi Bartels Arrested By SARS In Portharcourt by donbachi(m): 10:30am On Jun 05, 2019
Sorry...next time mind ur beingness...because u talk,u no talk dem go always remain sars.

(1) (Reply)

Most Wanted Kidnapper Confess As He Exposes Secrets Of Boko Haram And Herdsmen / Dad In Tears After Finding Out How His Two Year Old Daughter Was Raped / SHOCKING!! Pilot Got Depressed On Board And Crashed The Plane Killing The Whole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.