Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,542 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Can He Still Be Given A Visa After Getting Married To A Black American - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can He Still Be Given A Visa After Getting Married To A Black American (3864 Views)

A Black Hawk Helicopter Took Its First Flight Without Pilot On Board / Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria / Top Mistakes To Avoid During A Visa Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can He Still Be Given A Visa After Getting Married To A Black American by takin35(m): 10:41am On Jun 05, 2019
Hello Nairalanders, I know it is a good thing to ask questions if you don't know.

There is a friend of mine whom for the past 7years used someones name that won a visa lottery in Nigeria, though ignorantly used that because of some bad agents in which they will never tell you the truth or implications. They took him to the U S embassy after changing his passport to another persons name and when they got to the embassy unfortunately for him, he wasn't given a visa.

The whyte paper that was given to him stated that they are not convince to give him the visa and he can appeal if he want to.

This is 7 years now my friend had gotten to the embassy.

This friend of mine got married to a black American since January and he has been scared to go to the embassy with his own original passport and apply because of biometrics.

Kindly advice on what my friend can do about this.
Note that its gonna be bad if you insult or rude. This guy needs a very good and positive advice. Please help out.

Thank you as we await your positive and helpful advice and may God bless you.
Re: Can He Still Be Given A Visa After Getting Married To A Black American by Jobac: 10:49am On Jun 05, 2019
There is a big problem ahead. Trump is not smiling with both genuine and illegal immigrants these days. It will be very hard for your friend to enter the USA, and your friend should not forget that the USA embassy has all his old details in their database. Even applicants with genuine intentions are being denied visas on a daily basis. Agents have destroyed many desperate Nigerians. I hope there will be a way out for him. Experienced USA travellers and citizens will tell you more.
Re: Can He Still Be Given A Visa After Getting Married To A Black American by takin35(m): 11:00am On Jun 05, 2019
Thanks brother we appreciate you. Its quite terrible.
Jobac:
There is a big problem ahead. Trump is not smiling with both genuine and illegal immigrants these days. It will be very hard for your friend to enter the USA, and your friend should not forget that the USA embassy has all his old details in their database. Even applicants with genuine intentions are being denied visas on a daily basis. Agents have destroyed many desperate Nigerians. I hope there will be a way out for him. Experienced USA travellers and citizens will tell you more.
Re: Can He Still Be Given A Visa After Getting Married To A Black American by Nobody: 11:01am On Jun 05, 2019
So far he wasn't said to have falsified a document initially...cos if they caught him for falsification he would have been banned for atleast 10years...since theres no such info on his white paper...he should carry go but on one condition....
the name he used initially must be the name he must use on the marriage certificate and the new travelling papers....cos that's already on their system with his biometric details

But if he married with his original name and now has a passport with that original name different from the one he visited the embassy with 7years ago...once they take his biometrics.....see gobe..!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can He Still Be Given A Visa After Getting Married To A Black American by takin35(m): 11:13am On Jun 05, 2019
I think he used his original name but still the sam e date of birth on the passport .
1StopRudeness:
So far he wasn't said to have falsified a document initially...cos if they caught him for falsification he would have been banned for atleast 10years...since theres no such info on his white paper...he should carry go but on one condition....
the name he used initially must be the name he must use on the marriage certificate and the new travelling papers....cos that's already on their system with his biometric details

But if he married with his original name and now has a passport with that original name different from the one he visited the embassy with 7years ago...once they take his biometrics.....see gobe..!!!
Re: Can He Still Be Given A Visa After Getting Married To A Black American by Nobody: 11:34am On Jun 05, 2019
takin35:
I think he used his original name but still the sam e date of birth on the passport .

Oga .....that one is a very strong gobe!!!!!!....... But it's fixable with lots of money and stress..he should go and pay serious money at immigration with lots of explanation to do another passport with the initial name that's already attached to the biometrics at the embassy.....lucky you, they've not syncchronized the BVN, driver's licence together with passport system..
He should explain to the babe....they will go the registry and remarry on the name that's already at the embassy...the family of the babe doesn't have to know of the whole second marriage wahala..its just for documentation...two of them and one witness each is fine...
Then he can try and go to the embassy for application

5 Likes

Re: Can He Still Be Given A Visa After Getting Married To A Black American by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jun 05, 2019
Very simple logic
Re: Can He Still Be Given A Visa After Getting Married To A Black American by otipoju(m): 12:59pm On Jun 05, 2019
I know what to say but its hard for me to say it.
Re: Can He Still Be Given A Visa After Getting Married To A Black American by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jun 05, 2019
Biometrics has casted him. No hope

1 Like

Re: Can He Still Be Given A Visa After Getting Married To A Black American by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jun 05, 2019
The Average Nigerian is very dubious! Smh �‍♂️

6 Likes

Re: Can He Still Be Given A Visa After Getting Married To A Black American by takin35(m): 4:35pm On Jun 05, 2019
Ok thank you bros. What about if the name changes and the age in the passport still remain the same?
1StopRudeness:

Oga .....that one is a very strong gobe!!!!!!....... But it's fixable with lots of money and stress..he should go and pay serious money at immigration with lots of explanation to do another passport with the initial name that's already attached to the biometrics at the embassy.....lucky you, they've not syncchronized the BVN, driver's licence together with passport system..
He should explain to the babe....they will go the registry and remarry on the name that's already at the embassy...the family of the babe doesn't have to know of the whole second marriage wahala..its just for documentation...two of them and one witness each is fine...
Re: Can He Still Be Given A Visa After Getting Married To A Black American by takin35(m): 4:35pm On Jun 05, 2019
What is that bro?
otipoju:
I know what to say but its hard for me to say it.

Re: Can He Still Be Given A Visa After Getting Married To A Black American by takin35(m): 4:37pm On Jun 05, 2019
Bro, the agent told my friend that he is gonna get married to a lady that won visa lottery and collected 1.2 milli from him which at last they told him to go for other option and unknowingly to him that its a bad thing too.
ViceChief:
The Average Nigerian is very dubious! Smh �‍♂️
Re: Can He Still Be Given A Visa After Getting Married To A Black American by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 05, 2019
takin35:
Bro, the agent told my friend that he is gonna get married to a lady that won visa lottery and collected 1.2 milli from him which at last they told him to go for other option and unknowingly to him that its a bad thing too.
the Agent should be in Kuje prison now right?
Re: Can He Still Be Given A Visa After Getting Married To A Black American by opeoluwa20(m): 4:50pm On Jun 05, 2019
That is fraud if his new wife will be fine with this suggestion, let him change everything back to his new name, when they ask questions during filing let him admit he lied and he should also seek for a waiver because if he should leave that fraudulent name then it will backfire, what about his other credentials will he change to the name he used during the lottery. Let him just come out clean and get a waiver, it is called misrepresentation and identity theft or so. He can over cone but must say the truth and it might be kinda rough

1 Like

Re: Can He Still Be Given A Visa After Getting Married To A Black American by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 05, 2019
takin35:
Ok thank you bros. What about if the name changes and the age in the passport still remain the same?

Well if u want to retain ur original name, I don't know if using a name change will raise red flag....i understand u have already married with it and gotten another passport with it....

That means u will have to pretend the name at the embassy is ur original name....so u will now say u are changing name to the one on ur marriage certificate and new passport.... so if u are filling the online form..that will be stated in the section for previous name known by.....
It's risky...it could raise red flag....and they could ask u for previous document to show ur old name...another gobe!!
Re: Can He Still Be Given A Visa After Getting Married To A Black American by takin35(m): 6:08pm On Jun 05, 2019
I am thinking he should just tell them the truth which I had told him before but my guy dey fear die even crying too over the issue. He hasn't told his wife abroad and soon the woman will start the filling.
1StopRudeness:

Well if u want to retain ur original name, I don't know if using a name change will raise red flag....i understand u have already married with it and gotten another passport with it....

That means u will have to pretend the name at the embassy is ur original name....so u will now say u are changing name to the one on ur marriage certificate and new passport.... so if u are filling the online form..that will be stated in the section for previous name known by.....
It's risky...it could raise red flag....and they could ask u for previous document to show ur old name...another gobe!!
Re: Can He Still Be Given A Visa After Getting Married To A Black American by takin35(m): 6:10pm On Jun 05, 2019
Wow, thanks for taking your time for this. But will this not make him loose the chances of getting his visa and joining his wife? I think the truth is better because of his certificate and many thing that may come up in future.
opeoluwa20:
That is fraud if his new wife will be fine with this suggestion, let him change everything back to his new name, when they ask questions during filing let him admit he lied and he should also seek for a waiver because if he should leave that fraudulent name then it will backfire, what about his other credentials will he change to the name he used during the lottery. Let him just come out clean and get a waiver, it is called misrepresentation and identity theft or so. He can over cone but must say the truth and it might be kinda rough
Re: Can He Still Be Given A Visa After Getting Married To A Black American by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jun 05, 2019
takin35:
I am thinking he should just tell them the truth which I had told him before but my guy dey fear die even crying too over the issue. He hasn't told his wife abroad and soon the woman will start the filling.

Well that option is a 50-50 parole......but there's nothing like the truth anyways

1 Like

Re: Can He Still Be Given A Visa After Getting Married To A Black American by opeoluwa20(m): 7:26pm On Jun 05, 2019
There is a guy i read of on visa journey he had the same issue of identity theft, he was caught and told the truth when he used his real details he was given opportunity for waiver it took some months but now in the state. Always say the truth even if it will hurt u

3 Likes

Re: Can He Still Be Given A Visa After Getting Married To A Black American by takin35(m): 2:12am On Jun 06, 2019
Wow, I think the truth is still the best nothing more.
opeoluwa20:
There is a guy i read of on visa journey he had the same issue of identity theft, he was caught and told the truth when he used his real details he was given opportunity for waiver it took some months but now in the state. Always say the truth even if it will hurt u

1 Like

Re: Can He Still Be Given A Visa After Getting Married To A Black American by Nobody: 4:07am On Jun 06, 2019
1StopRudeness:

NO. Wrong advice, it will complicate all even more and he never comes to America.
Re: Can He Still Be Given A Visa After Getting Married To A Black American by takin35(m): 4:08am On Jun 06, 2019
How will my friend apply for a waiver, I want to le t him know so to about it fast. But you guys are wonderful and may God bless you all.
opeoluwa20:
Re: Can He Still Be Given A Visa After Getting Married To A Black American by Nobody: 4:14am On Jun 06, 2019
opeoluwa20:
Yes. This time he needs to have his real original birth certificate, passport and everything real, if asked about previous application and different name, tell the truth. If his wife stays on his side, they both file for a waver, maybe she needs to hire an immigration lawyer, it will be expensive but better fix it now before travelling, then no more problems. If he lies again, sooner or later it will be discovered and he will be deported. And, maybe he is lucky and nobody asks about previous application.
Re: Can He Still Be Given A Visa After Getting Married To A Black American by takin35(m): 5:13am On Jun 06, 2019
Wow, this is good. Though he is scared telling his wife about this. But wait, are you saying he nay be lucky in which they won't ask him the previous application? Mehn that's gonna be great.
123JohnF:

Yes. This time he needs to have his real original birth certificate, passport and everything real, if asked about previous application and different name, tell the truth. If his wife stays on his side, they both file for a waver, maybe she needs to hire an immigration lawyer, it will be expensive but better fix it now before travelling, then no more problems. If he lies again, sooner or later it will be discovered and he will be deported. And, maybe he is lucky and nobody asks about previous application.
Re: Can He Still Be Given A Visa After Getting Married To A Black American by opeoluwa20(m): 8:42am On Jun 06, 2019
They may and thet may not check previous application, but let him tell the truth, and dont hide it from his wife, he should just explain all to her that he was used by an agent not like he did it purposely, he really made a big mistake, u cant file a waiver until u have filed and answer truthfully when they ask if he has been involved in anything fraudulent to get a visa, that where they will give him chance for waiver, i will send you a story.
Re: Can He Still Be Given A Visa After Getting Married To A Black American by opeoluwa20(m): 8:50am On Jun 06, 2019
When we petitioned the first time in 2015, we disclosed some previous material misrepresentation on the petition. When our interview finally came in June of 2016, they initially approved him. A few days later he received a call to come back in for follow-up questions and they denied him but gave the option to file the I-601 waiver. We filed that and were approved. Normally they just ask for the passport to issue the visa if it has been less than a year, but they called him back in for another interview after he did a second medical exam. When he went for the interview in April 2017, they denied him even though we had an approved waiver for the misrepresentation. They said our petition was expired and they weren't convinced we had a bonafide relationship because of the misrepresentation- although the misrepresentation was covered by the waiver. We petitioned again in April of 2017 and had an interview in March of 2018. He was put into AP and asked for more documents to prove his identity. We turned it in a few days later and I followed-up almost every week via email and also had my senator reach out frequently. Thankfully, my senator had been working through the case with us since our first petition because in 2015 there was a huge backlog and petitions were taking almost a year to approve. We were in AP from the beginning of March until the beginning of May before we were approved. someone's story on visa journey

2 Likes

Re: Can He Still Be Given A Visa After Getting Married To A Black American by opeoluwa20(m): 8:51am On Jun 06, 2019
Just come out clean it might take months but u will know u free for telling the truth
Re: Can He Still Be Given A Visa After Getting Married To A Black American by takin35(m): 10:25am On Jun 06, 2019
Wow, thank you so much bro. But if they did not ask him will he still tell them?
opeoluwa20:
They may and thet may not check previous application, but let him tell the truth, and dont hide it from his wife, he should just explain all to her that he was used by an agent not like he did it purposely, he really made a big mistake, u cant file a waiver until u have filed and answer truthfully when they ask if he has been involved in anything fraudulent to get a visa, that where they will give him chance for waiver, i will send you a story.
Re: Can He Still Be Given A Visa After Getting Married To A Black American by takin35(m): 10:32am On Jun 06, 2019
Mhen, thus has not been easy at all.
opeoluwa20:
When we petitioned the first time in 2015, we disclosed some previous material misrepresentation on the petition. When our interview finally came in June of 2016, they initially approved him. A few days later he received a call to come back in for follow-up questions and they denied him but gave the option to file the I-601 waiver. We filed that and were approved. Normally they just ask for the passport to issue the visa if it has been less than a year, but they called him back in for another interview after he did a second medical exam. When he went for the interview in April 2017, they denied him even though we had an approved waiver for the misrepresentation. They said our petition was expired and they weren't convinced we had a bonafide relationship because of the misrepresentation- although the misrepresentation was covered by the waiver. We petitioned again in April of 2017 and had an interview in March of 2018. He was put into AP and asked for more documents to prove his identity. We turned it in a few days later and I followed-up almost every week via email and also had my senator reach out frequently. Thankfully, my senator had been working through the case with us since our first petition because in 2015 there was a huge backlog and petitions were taking almost a year to approve. We were in AP from the beginning of March until the beginning of May before we were approved. someone's story on visa journey
Re: Can He Still Be Given A Visa After Getting Married To A Black American by opeoluwa20(m): 10:59am On Jun 06, 2019
They will ask it will appear they have his finger print, he should just say the truth else it will complicate matters

1 Like

Re: Can He Still Be Given A Visa After Getting Married To A Black American by takin35(m): 11:23am On Jun 06, 2019
Okay Opeoluwa thanks a lot for the info.
opeoluwa20:
They will ask it will appear they have his finger print, he should just say the truth else it will complicate matters

(1) (2) (Reply)

Visa Lottery: Modern Day Slavery? / For Nigeria-canadian Living In Ottawa / 9 Days In The Dark: Story Of The 13 Thai Kids That Disappeared In A Cave(CNN)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.