Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,764 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:57 PM

Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria (83099 Views)

Donte Franklin: White Man Gifts N23m To Nigerian Man Who Treks 17 Miles To Work / Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria / Is It Safe To Visit Nigeria During This Pandemic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by bamangar: 1:05pm On Mar 06, 2020
What Made A White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vow Never To Visit Nigeria Again

A twitter user @ozorcchristian narrated an incident of a (couple) Nigerian woman married to a white man who visited Nigeria on holiday, the encounter that caused the man to vow never to visit Nigeria again.

A Nigerian woman and her white husband visited for a brief holiday. That would be the first time the oyibo husband would be visiting Nigeria. Almost every tourist center they went, people walk up to them to beg for money. Every police check point was an avenue for officers to beg them for transport money. The couple saw it as harassment and, surely it is. Oyibo husband told wifey that no tourist will like to visit Nigeria with this “begging attitude” everywhere.

Man also told wifey he would never want to return to Nigeria again. Right from MMIA, some corrupt Immigration officials would have started extorting tourists. Even inside the banks, restaurants and organizations, security men would be begging for money. People on the streets will still beg you for money. Tourists won’t have freedom to express themselves or visit places most especially when they are whites.

I know things are hard, you're not the only one experiencing it. It doesn't warrant harassing people for money. We need an attitude change in this country

https://mobile.twitter.com/ozorcchristian/status/1235892876791418880

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by bamangar: 1:09pm On Mar 06, 2020
Let me not lie, Lagos Airport is the headquarters of begging in Africa. It has turned to harassment.

Another thing I noticed, when you visit almost every organisation, when their security starts acting funny, know they just want some egunje. Its becoming embarrassing.

610 Likes 38 Shares

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Nobody: 1:10pm On Mar 06, 2020
The begging being perpetrated by NIS officials at MMIA is crazy. Before you leave the country, they'll beg for dollars, when you're coming back they'll beg for money... shocked

This is why tourists and foreigners will never respect us in the country, cos the people representing us at the airports and borders are fantastically and shamelessly corrupt.

474 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by GboyegaD(m): 1:16pm On Mar 06, 2020
It is well. I still don't understand the begging thing at the airport. I guess it is a culture that has come to stay and would need an entire reorientation to change it.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Blakjewelry(m): 1:29pm On Mar 06, 2020
That is a Nigerian thing. I have been friend with white lady for like 9 years now, when first chatting with most people around me were like ask for now money or something and I was like what is wrong with we Nigerians? Must all of us beg?

208 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Davash222(m): 1:41pm On Mar 06, 2020
As long as they're not begging with gun on my head, that shouldn't be a problem. No matter how you beg, if I no wan give, I no go give.

150 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Danzakidakura(m): 1:44pm On Mar 06, 2020
Blakjewelry:
That is a Nigerian thing. I have been friend with white lady for like 9 years now, when first chatting with most people around me were like ask for now money or something and I was like what is wrong with we Nigerians? Must all of us beg?
oga linus mba, are you related to liar mohammed

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Petyprincess(f): 3:36pm On Mar 06, 2020
No wonder my baby is scared to visit here embarassed Bt honestly even Nigerians experience this especially when you traveling for the first time everyone will want to scam you in one way or the other! You just have to be smart nd self conscious!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by nlPoster: 3:56pm On Mar 06, 2020
Something Nigerians prefer not to hear is "White man married to a Nigerian lady".

With the exception of mostly midwest, south south and southeast areas where this is welcomed.

So, I'm quite sure most Nigerians would be ok with this news.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Aidejay(m): 7:35pm On Mar 06, 2020
Na Lagos.
Always Lagos no disrespect but can Lagos also be referred to as the begging capital of Nigeria.
Yes it can.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by ainas247: 11:12am On Mar 07, 2020
cool "Almost every tourist center they went, people walk up to them to beg for money."
thats a lie from the pit of hell... try harder next time.

meanwhile start a niche blog and start getting serious
traffic from Google chat up now.
rank your website on Google fast

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by AmazingELixir: 11:12am On Mar 07, 2020
Who cares

2 Likes

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by free2ryhme: 11:12am On Mar 07, 2020
bamangar:
What Made A White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vow Never To Visit Nigeria Again

A twitter user @ozorcchristian narrated an incident of a (couple) Nigerian woman married to a white man who visited Nigeria on holiday, the encounter that caused the man to vow never to visit Nigeria again.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ozorcchristian/status/1235892876791418880

Where did she take him to

3 Likes

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by masterP042(m): 11:13am On Mar 07, 2020
Everyone wants free money and easy money. Also we all want instant gratification which is a very bad behaviour cos it opens doors to greed and corruption.
These days one cannot do good without wanting a thank you or a gift. It's very bad, we don't do good these days just for the sake of it but rather because we want praises or appreciation. Even when someone does what he is being paid for or a good deed we'll still want to have extra tip or bribe.. We seriously need to get things right in this country.
Meanwhile I'm thinking ....

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Stallion93(m): 11:14am On Mar 07, 2020
Na perennial hunger abeg, no hate us cry

1 Like

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by AkolagTech: 11:14am On Mar 07, 2020
White man from where? Hope it's not all these Lebanese, Italian or Chinese oo?

12 Likes

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by backnbeta(f): 11:14am On Mar 07, 2020
Begi begiundecided

You park at designated parking spot, they beg for money

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Mistaicey2288: 11:15am On Mar 07, 2020
Hmmm this is what these stupid people have reduced us to. It's really sad i must say, especially that of security officers. You need to see the way these idiots beg and harass people because of money at the Airport. The last time i was traveling, a stupid man almost stopped me from boarding my flight all because i refused to bribe him. Of which, before i even got to him, i had sorted some people already at that same Airport and he was the last one i met and i needed him ti clear me to go. It took the intervention of someone i contacted before he released me to go. Samw thin when i was returning too, you'll see the idiots asking what you brought for them from abroad. Same thing with the stupid police officers too... Last time i traveled to IB from Osogbo, on my both trips (To and Fro) the bus drivers met at least 10 checkpoints each on their ways and the drivers sorted the Police 50Naira at each checkpoint... All these nonsense are happening and nothing is being done about it.. These are the idiots that paint the country bad to the outsiders...

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by TroubleMaker47(m): 11:15am On Mar 07, 2020
Beggars everywhere. Online and offline

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by salbis(m): 11:15am On Mar 07, 2020
Agreed, some Nigerians begging attitudes can be annoying. But I think the exaggeration is way too much.

4 Likes

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Perfecttouchade: 11:15am On Mar 07, 2020
Let's blame our governments for this cheesy oyinbo no vex o, na next level Nigerians dey experience.. everybody don almost turn beggars but wait beggars dey obodo oyinbo too na abi what is he saying ...my encounter with a cooperate beggar
Guyman: bros good afternoon
Me: afternoon o
Guyman: Bros I need just N200 for transport
Me: looked at him and I saw he's well dressed
Me: I be like, Bros na my transport money dey my hand
Guyman: Bros give me out of it
Me: straight face
Guyman: na wa o , na give I sey make u give me small change . See am sef stingy man.
Me: I like giving but not people like u
The guy was so mean as if e wan beat me

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by 9jayes: 11:15am On Mar 07, 2020
TroubleMaker47:
Beggars everywhere. Online and offline

2 Likes

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by darlenese(f): 11:15am On Mar 07, 2020
in other words Nigerians are beggars abi?

poverty stricken suffer head oyibo .

this bull shit is a silly exaggeration

6 Likes

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by babyfaceafrica: 11:16am On Mar 07, 2020
And so?
Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Jaqenhghar: 11:16am On Mar 07, 2020
But niggers will rather abuse him

5 Likes

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Chijeep(m): 11:16am On Mar 07, 2020
Wen God will send Angel Michael to visit African countries 4 revelation he'll hardly call Nigeria a Country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by Openbusiness: 11:16am On Mar 07, 2020
Abegi!!! Asif dem no dey beg for abroad. May we hear word jare. Please, since Coronavirus enter Europe, Bubuhari no gree travel again, oluwa wetin dey occur? grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria by babyfaceafrica: 11:16am On Mar 07, 2020
Twitter and lies!!.. Na today this one dey happen.. They just had to rope in a white man story to validate the lie.. Nansense Twitter ND Twitter!!

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Visa Free Countries With The Nigerian Passport / Working Legally In Austria / ₦360billion, Inside The World's Most Expensive Embassy(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.