Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,941 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC (36915 Views)

Nkiruka Udom Of AIT Is Dead / NBC Directs Gotv, DSTV, Others To Allow Local Stations Run Without Subscription / AIT Back On Air — 24 Hours After NBC Sanction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by tomdon(m): 12:34am On Jun 07, 2019
Koolking:

You're too big for all these lies and hatred for a tribe and ethnic group. Responsible people won't buy it. We keep demonising an entire lawful ethnic group for our selfish gain.

The license was given to National Commission for Nomadic Education under Fed Min of Education. It's not only the Fulani that are Nomads, most Ijaws are Nomads. It will benefit all. See the positive side of govt decisions.

As a Christians, we are more hypocrite than non-Christians

you are more hypocritical, speak for yourself fool! Must you demean yourself and exalt them to make your useless point?
Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by OGHENAOGIE(m): 12:45am On Jun 07, 2019
middlebelter:
I. may not like Raymond Dokpsi as person, but all lovers of pur democracy should not allow the FGN under PMBto get away with this.
Once you attempt to block the voice of opposition, you are indirectly inviting unconventional way of dissemination of information and that can mean falsehood which is extremely dangerous for our democracy..

Mr.president and APC should remember that they rode to power through the power of unhindered media by GEJ administration., imagine if GEJ Admin decided to find fault with the leadi g pro APC TV stations in the country before 2015 election and suspended thier operating licence? Would it have been easy gor APC to win? Opposition voice is critical for democracy to thrive. The promoter and Management of AIT may be bad operator to regulate, but that is where maturity is required on the part government and NBC.
stop acting like u care for opposition...that opposition should exist doesn't means lawlessness and anyhow should be allowed...how can AIT be incorporating uncensored social media to mainstream media and you call the freedom...someone was sacked in UK for a racist tweet...some information on social media are nonsense ae fake and you import them for what...AIT should know when to cross the lines.... even Messi Ronaldo get penalized by referees...this same AIT in 2015 aired a fake documentary of Buhari that was an height of journalistic irresponsibility....

1 Like

Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by enemyofprogress: 1:02am On Jun 07, 2019
oluwasegun007:
Wait oo, is it because they are owing money or because of discussion on kakakki program...

Why are they trying to cripple press freedom...

Hate speech my assss... sad sad

Abeg make i relax before they close down nairaland because of my comment....

Why am I FTC on topic like the sefff....

I for just dey below so I go fit yab some people well well... undecided undecided undecided
it is because of boat reasons
Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by enemyofprogress: 1:08am On Jun 07, 2019
Sample of the next level. We never see anything. Buhari the beast continue

1 Like

Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by 9jaRealist: 1:30am On Jun 07, 2019
So this is Next Level?
The return of full-fledged CENSORSHIP (and increased DICTATORSHIP)!
>

1 Like

Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by Zagee: 1:38am On Jun 07, 2019
nepapole:
Ok... Nothing concern me. Them no kuku improve service before... They shud jus scrap all of them including NTA and leave only CHANNELS. Useless stations.
the same channels that is always economical with THE TRUTH
Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by oluwasegun007(m): 1:59am On Jun 07, 2019
Toluensdollars:
They are not undermining press freedom at all, AIT has breached journalism ethics and other rules guiding it. The NBC is right to ban them, to a lay man out there they might see it as witch hunting or war launched against d broadcasting company, buh to someone who studied the course, he would know they (AIT) ought to have received this ban long before now.

Ok
Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by dochenaj: 2:20am On Jun 07, 2019
Their stupid attempt attempt at providing an excuse for what they did, even makes it much more obvious why they did it.

The dogma of this administration is,
1. Crush the Judiciary.
2. Crush the Press.
3. Crush anyone who didn't vote for them. We remember Buhari calling FCT residents a necessary evil and that they had the temerity to vote the PDP because they knew he would not hurt them as that would imply hurting himself and his VP.
4. Crush the National Assembly, is loading.

This country is a full blown joke.

1 Like

Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by Nobody: 2:27am On Jun 07, 2019
Kakaaki that has been running for many years they didn't break any code.

1 Like

Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by Ayatullah(m): 2:36am On Jun 07, 2019
Reelmii:
hmmmm

where will all the employees go to now

for this next level period wey every where tight

it won't be easy for those that dont have a back up job

It's a suspension of licence, so the employees will be on indefinite leave, and by the way how many employees is AIT having? A handful I will say who are really on the payroll, because AIT has so debased journalism that they recruited young Nigerians just to give them AIT ID card and send them out to fend for themselves.

A lot of abuse happened and is happening at AIT. Dokpesi is just making noise for nothing.

I will only miss Ijeoma's Democracy Today. Never knew she was doing a valedictory one this Thursday (though I changed my dial when I observed it was all dedicated to lambasting NBC without a just cause).

1 Like

Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by ehixking(m): 2:53am On Jun 07, 2019
All these wizkid, Davido, and all these Nigerian artiste that sing rubbish songs and put out semi nude videos have not been banned. Songs with fowl languages, poor content.....am I a yahoo boy is still playing and rocking the airwaves. Na AIT una dey ban. Nigerians are just confused ...
Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by SOFTENGR: 3:09am On Jun 07, 2019
Koolking:

You're too big for all these lies and hatred for a tribe and ethnic group. Responsible people won't buy it. We keep demonising an entire lawful ethnic group for our selfish gain.

The license was given to National Commission for Nomadic Education under Fed Min of Education. It's not only the Fulani that are Nomads, most Ijaws are Nomads. It will benefit all. See the positive side of govt decisions.

If you can lie by claiming to be Christian, I can understand your situation.
#pitiable

2 Likes

Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by smogup: 3:19am On Jun 07, 2019
Koolking:

so ijaws now speak fulfude

1 Like

Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by Princedapace(m): 3:45am On Jun 07, 2019
IJEYdiamond:
NBC.... This is a step too far.. the reign of PMB.. will surly come to an end... whether u like it or not... they are ways to deal with issues.. dont create a monster that will swallow you..

Criticism is allowed in Democracy...Trump is 10 ten times better than what we have yet he is dealing with it... Use your brains.. Dont Forget.. its just another 4yrs if God allows it to be completed..... It will come and still pass.. .

I think this country needs to be recolonized..

No wonder... The Black race..

Complete it dear, the black race is cursed. Nonsense. I am so pissed with my creator for bringing me here. Rubbish. The way these old men think eh.

1 Like

Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by Princedapace(m): 3:47am On Jun 07, 2019
Koolking:

I am wondering why the FG didn't build radio station for Niger delta militants who are still kidnapping and bombing oil pipelines.. I am still wondering why they didn't build same for Biafran agitators. Since it is all about education.

1 Like

Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by omaigala(m): 3:53am On Jun 07, 2019
Koolking:

Enough! Demon.
Keep your fork tongue behind your teeth.

Fulani are never law abiding.
They are terrorists proscribed by the US.

You are never a Christian.

And of what use is the fulani language to an Ijaw man? Or you think we don't know that the radio will broadcast in fulani language?

Stop tarnishing the image of Christians.

Be guided.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by omaigala(m): 3:57am On Jun 07, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
stop acting like u care for opposition...that opposition should exist doesn't means lawlessness and anyhow should be allowed...how can AIT be incorporating uncensored social media to mainstream media and you call the freedom...someone was sacked in UK for a racist tweet...some information on social media are nonsense ae fake and you import them for what...AIT should know when to cross the lines.... even Messi Ronaldo get penalized by referees...this same AIT in 2015 aired a fake documentary of Buhari that was an height of journalistic irresponsibility....

Whatever you need to tell yourself.

They never did any wrong.

Even CNN, BBC and the likes show information from social media especially tweets from Trump.

Buhari is an intolerable egomaniac, an extremist and a terrorist.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by ddeola: 4:04am On Jun 07, 2019
I know say Dokpesi na PDP but hmm... undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by timota(m): 4:11am On Jun 07, 2019
Koolking:

Mr man stop telling lies,which language are the going to use for normdic radio broadcast?ijaw or Fulani language
Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by Born2Breed(f): 4:28am On Jun 07, 2019
The worst is yet to come.

Buhari surprises me not.
Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by R0LL0N(m): 4:34am On Jun 07, 2019
HHow many of us remember the station song before the beginning of any program.....
AIT AIT bla bla bla bla bla
Baba ba o AIT is for the nation
Dunno the lyrics o just the tone.
Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by amaben2020(m): 5:22am On Jun 07, 2019
Songsing:
The secret relationship between dirty Moors and jews
You are a disturbed fellow embarassed pukes
Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by Nobody: 5:39am On Jun 07, 2019
Koolking:

Sincerely...How old are you? Are you a graduate working in Nigeria for several years?
Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by zoedew: 5:54am On Jun 07, 2019
What manner of protest! Years back Nigerians innocently contributed N1.00 each to save Raypower from collapse and what did they get in return? Dokpesi heavily and without conscience through Dasuki looted the Nigerian treasury stealing money meant for combating BOKO HARAM. Our soldiers became ill equipped as a result and we are worse off for it today! For me, this is not about his party affiliation but about his choice of corruption.
Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by Nobody: 5:57am On Jun 07, 2019
The fact that a northerner is a media head of the country still beats me. Like on the scale of 0-10, how exposed are they? What is the likelihood that he will not be biased against more exposed and enlightened media houses?
Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by zoedew: 6:00am On Jun 07, 2019
Reelmii:
hmmmm

where will all the employees go to now

for this next level period wey every where tight

it won't be easy for those that dont have a back up job

Do you know that even when Ray Power was not suspended and Dokpesi was looting our money big time through Dasuki he owed salaries? Find out and you will see that he is a bad employer.
Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 6:01am On Jun 07, 2019
aaronson:
Ait is long overdue sef, A stagnated Tv station not known for growth, Just stagnated on mediocre reportage and trying to stay relevant by helping the PDP capitulate thier goals back in the day. Now that pdp is history, They have been struggling to stay afloat. They sold shares back in the day but no one person who ever bought that share ever got dividend. They have been struggling since then.
Have done business b4? U ll know its not easy to stay over 10years without sinking. They pay their staff without begging u or the government. Is better to stagnate than sink or support the government by force
Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by israelmao(m): 6:11am On Jun 07, 2019
The beauty of democracy is dissenting of opinions if we are on the same page all the times it is no longer democracy and we have been robbed of freedom if expression.
Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by mekuxiani(m): 6:30am On Jun 07, 2019
IgbereBlog:
The National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) has explained the reason behind its actions against Daar Communications PLC, operator of AIT and Ray Power FM.

Igbere TV had reported that the NBC, on Thursday suspended the operating license of the broadcast station.

In a statement issued to Igbere TV on Thursday, the Director General of the NBC, Dr. Modibbo Kawu said the decision was based on the violation of the broadcasting code by the stations which is backed by provisions of Section 10 of the Third Schedule of the NBC Act Cap N11 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004.

He said apart from violating the broadcasting code, the decision was also taken for the failure of the station to pay their license fees as when due, “even persistent warning to the company to toe the line of caution.”

The NBC boss noted that in one of their meetings with the management of DAAR Communications held on 2nd June, 2017, the commission expressed its disappointment with the way and manner hate speech, divisive and inciting comments are applied in discussion of national issues in breach of the provisions of the NBC Act and Broadcast Code, saying that the suspension stands till further notice.

Igbere TV recalls that Chairman and Founder of DAAR Communications, High Chief Raymond Dokpesi had earlier in the day embarked on a protest against what he called ‘undue intimidation and interference’ of the NBC DG, Dr. Modibbo Kawu.

According to him, in their relationship with the NBC, Daar Communications carried on, as if it is beyond the regulatory direction of the commission, even when they didn’t pay their licence fees as and when due.

But Kawu insisted that the revocation of the AIT license was principally linked to the issues regarding the operations of AIT/Raypower, particularly, Political Platform and Kakaaki aired on AIT.

Full Statement,

“Following monitoring reports and complaints from concerned Nigerians about the broadcast contents of Daar Communications Plc’s AIT/Raypower broadcast stations, the NBC have over the last 2 years summoned on several occasions management of the company to address issues regarding the operations of AIT/Raypower with the company, particularly, Political Platform and Kakaaki aired on AIT. ‘‘In one of our meetings, held on 2nd June, 2017, the Commission expressed its disappointment with the way and manner Hate Speech, divisive and inciting comments are applied in discussion of national issues in breach of the provisions of the NBC Act and Broadcast Code.

‘‘Again, on 15th August, 2017, it became imperative to invite the company for yet another meeting on almost same issues. Furthermore, while addressing another meeting on 7th February, 2018 we highlighted issues of concern to the Commission which indicated that the company had been breaching the provisions of Sections 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 of the broadcast Code. The company’s delegates in their response promised to abate the breaches and comply with the law.

‘‘However, on October 18, 2018, the Commission was disturbed with the manner in which social media issues became part of the mainstream media unedited on AIT/Raypower, and was constrained to issue a generic letter to all broadcast stations on the need to exercise caution in the use of user-generated content from the social media knowing how volatile and misleading the social media has become. The management of Daar Communication Plc thereafter took to the social media to display our official correspondences.

‘‘Recently, the Commission’s monitoring reports on AIT/Raypower indicate the use of divisive comments accredited to the segment of “Kakaaki”, tagged, “Kakaaki Social”, where inciting comments like, “Nigeria is cursed, we declare independent state of Niger Delta”, “Nigeria irritates me”, “this country is gradually Islamizing” and other similar slogans are used without editorial control in breach of the broadcast Code. We were therefore constrained to issue Daar Communication letters of warning dated May 27th, 2019.

‘‘We also observed from monitoring reports that a documentary on the Presidential Election Tribunal, a pending election petition matter aired on AIT on Wednesday and Thursday, 22nd and 23rd May, 2019 without regard to the provisions of the Broadcast Code. The Commission, in line with its regulatory powers again cautioned AIT in another letter also dated 27th May, 2019.

‘‘However, instead of making amends, the management of Daar Communications Plc resorted to the use of media propaganda against the regulator. Even the letters from the NBC were posted on social media platforms. Needless to state that Daar Communications have over the years turned themselves into a bad example of how a professional broadcast outfit should not be run.

‘‘In their relationship with the NBC, Daar Communications carry on, as if it is beyond the regulatory direction of the Commission. They don’t pay their licence fees as and when due. Its broadcast is patently partisan and one sided and deliberately inciting and heating the polity. The management of the Company has created the habit of using the channel to fight its personal battles contrary to the statutory requirements of the law.’’

‘‘Today the 6th of June, 2019, AIT/Rapower embarked on use of inflammatory, divisive, inciting broadcasts, and media propaganda against the government and, the NBC for performing its statutory functions of regulating the broadcast industry in Nigeria.

‘‘Consequently, after several meetings with management of Daar Communications Plc and many letters of warning. The NBC, today 6th June, 2019 took a decision to suspend the licence of Daar Communications Plc for failure to abide by the Commission’s directives, the provisions of the NBC Act Cap N11 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria and the Nigeria Broadcasting Code.

‘‘This decision is based on the provisions of Section 10 of the Third Schedule of the NBC Act Cap N11 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004, which states as follows: where in the opinion of the Commission the station has been used in a manner detrimental to national interest; where there is wilful or repeated failure to operate substantially as set forth in the licence; where there is wilful or repeated violation or wilful or repeated failure to observe any provision of this Act or any rule or regulation of the Commission authorised by this Act or by a treaty ratified by the Federal Republic of Nigeria; where there is violation of or failure to observe any cease and desist order issued by the Commission; where a provision of the Nigeria Broadcasting Code has been seriously breached; and the SHUT DOWN order is until further notice.”

http://igberetvnews.com/752440/why-we-suspended-ait-ray-power-fm-nbc/

this government the way they are behaving when they damage this country they will take off
Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by PapaAdanna: 6:43am On Jun 07, 2019
There will never be anybody that made/ makes hate speech than this old buffoon and his cohorts. I blame GEJ for not throwing him behind bars with hard labour considering very shit he said
But GEJ chose to be a gentleman but it is not in every situation you become gentle

Buhari will remain the worst thing that has ever happened to Nigeria/Nigerians

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Esther Benyeogo Emerges Winner Of The Voice Nigeria 2021 / What's The Best Nigerian Movie You've Ever Watched? / Who's The Best James Bond And Who's The Worst?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.