Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,247 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day (35461 Views)

Amosun’s N27.3 Billion Abandoned Model School Project / ‘Boniface Igbeneghu Acted So Godly On Campus’ — UNILAG Student On Lecturer / Governor Amosun;politics Of Succession And Education Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by MORANOCEE(m): 12:36am On Jun 08, 2019
Shame! Boy gets 11 Exercise Books Plus N5000 fromGovernor For Being Best Student

11 NOTE BOOKS + N5000 PRIZE MONEY
Why do we keep ridiculing Education in Nigeria? My happiness turned to anger today after these photos were sent me by a proud father and friend.I congratulated him as he told me that his son(in a RED BOW TIE pictured near the immediate past Governor of Ogun State; Ibikunle Amosun ) emerged the overall Best in an Essay Competition organised by Ogun State Government on May 27, 2019(Children’s Day).

When he told me what the prize was, I immediately developed goose pimples and stomach upset at same time. Can you imagine that the ultimate prize for the 1st position and Best student was 11 note books(60 Leaves) and a meagre sum of N5000(FIVE THOUSAND NAIRA ONLY)?

Why has government become shameless with no conscience? Imagine an exercise organised by an Executive Governor of a State who even posed to take photos with the winner?. Couldn’t he have done better? Was there manipulations and cornering of the real prize money by organizers? Why do we keep partaking in this dance of shame in the Educational sector where students that excel academically are never appreciated while some no-do-wells in some beauty or Entertainment contests win large sum of money?

I’m not only disappointed but angry with the organizers of that event and the Governor that shamelessly handed such Award and posed for a photograph. He should have ignored the cash prize and given the little boy an EXECUTIVE HANDSHAKE from the Governor as I received from the Chairman of my Convocation event after graduating with multiple Awards as the Overall Best Student.

Lest I forget, the financially struggling father said he borrowed N9000 that covered theLogistics of moving to the stadium with his family to cheer his son up during the competition.However, he is still grateful for his son achieving such feat.

I still maintain that we are not doing enough to encourage education and Academic excellence in this Country. It is sad! #IRMC

38 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by bluntolumide(m): 12:55am On Jun 08, 2019
and if the young lad ends up as a yahoo boy now
.........mtchewwww

gone are the days when education used to be the key to success
.........nowadays if you cant use your common sense and do the needful you will die wretched...

I wont go to school just because there's a certainty I would make it in life.......but just to fulfill all righteousness.....

158 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by blackpanthar: 1:44am On Jun 08, 2019
boss you are right o.....

the BOY if he has real sense will learn early that Las Las SCHOOL NA SCAM.

bluntolumide:
and if the young lad ends up as a yahoo boy now
.........mtchewwww

gone are the days when education used to be the key to success
.........nowadays if you cant use your common sense and do the needful you will die wretched...

I wont go to school just because there's a certainty I would make it in life.......but just to fulfill all righteousness.....

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by Ay04z(m): 9:13am On Jun 08, 2019
Doesn't really matter. The sky is the starting p point for the poor boy. . My advice him he shoud study harder.
Education pays. Yeah it work for me. Cheers.

69 Likes

Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by Blazebond(m): 9:19am On Jun 08, 2019
What where you expecting a child like that to receive, should the government gift him five million or five biilion before you are satisfied,education is not showbiz,where sponsors provide fund's,that little boy does not even need money now,what he needs are more books and scholarship.

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by Femiblacky(m): 9:24am On Jun 08, 2019
Blazebond:
What where you expecting a child like that to receive, should the government gift him five million or five biilion before you are satisfied,education is not showbiz,where sponsors provide fund's,that little boy does not even need money now,what he needs are more books and scholarship.

...and did the boy received the scholarship here?
Bros, no vex oo, you are part of the problem we have in this country... Your thoughts are just too myopic

259 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by czarina(f): 9:49am On Jun 08, 2019
11 notebooks? Not just two?

Well-done governor.

17 Likes

Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by Runaway: 10:04am On Jun 08, 2019
Education is good, schooling is a scam.

19 Likes

Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by Chukwurah003: 10:05am On Jun 08, 2019
But if it’s that rubbish BBN now

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by MrTrend(m): 10:05am On Jun 08, 2019
What a governor..

Continue to disgrace me. Ok cry cry

12 Likes

Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by Danelo(m): 10:05am On Jun 08, 2019
Meanwhile, they buy cars and houses for hoe's as birthday gift.

This is lugubrious

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 08, 2019
Too much bulshiiit in this shiithole, i don't think we're ready for any good change, thing will rather be getting worse.

He coudn't even give him a scholarship?
Or library of textbooks, exercise books and N500k?

So, all he deserves was 11 exercise books and N5k?

But bbn keeps getting million prize and endorsements? and unnecessary social media shiits get popular overnight with lots of cash reward?

Things like this continue to happen and many wonder why Nigeria will continue to remain or get worse.

Go and ask America, china and every other developed country.

Education, science and technology are the bedrock foundation of development.

Developing a country is a serious technical conscious effort, does not happen by accident.

43 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by Beedude(m): 10:06am On Jun 08, 2019
And Beauty pageant or BBN collect Millions

1 Like

Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by Tearied: 10:06am On Jun 08, 2019
God bless him immensely

2 Likes

Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by oz4real83(m): 10:06am On Jun 08, 2019
In advanced/civilised societies,any form of excellent performance and achievement by a student is rewarded with a prize tied to a scholarship in one field or the other. This brings continuity in education to the student and a general development in the society. That of Nigeria is different. We expect govt to carry the responsibilties of the family by either giving houses or cash to the person or his/her family. This is wrong. Govt should tie rewards for excellence to a scholarship if we must go forward in this country.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by abbaapple: 10:06am On Jun 08, 2019
angry

Nigeria need total overhauled cos we ve been scammed!

11 Likes

Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by BravoDe: 10:07am On Jun 08, 2019
Meanwhile, sm1 fu*king on live TV is gonna go home with 45m. God pls give me conscience.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by Imoh555(m): 10:07am On Jun 08, 2019
Nigeria Don finish

If na beauty queen she for get car,house ,contracts and more sugar daddy

3 Likes

Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by lakesguy(m): 10:07am On Jun 08, 2019
A scholarship would have been better..... Haba!

3 Likes

Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by ngwababe(f): 10:07am On Jun 08, 2019
lipsrsealed
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by blesson04(m): 10:07am On Jun 08, 2019

While BOKO HARAM are collecting N1,000,000 Daily.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by Nobody: 10:07am On Jun 08, 2019
Why do Nigerians take pictures with cakes like that grin
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by OddslordIsBack: 10:08am On Jun 08, 2019
grin

5k?

y givin him 5k?

he's just a kid, use the money to buy him pencil, it's not gud for him to collect money from pipo now

anyway tnx for appreciating education sir

education is the key to success

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by LordReed(m): 10:08am On Jun 08, 2019
Blazebond:

And is it N5000 that will provide the scholarship?

7 Likes

Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by nairalee(m): 10:08am On Jun 08, 2019
If it were some music show or pageant he'll begin to splash the millions like Christmas came in early

2 Likes

Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by Nobody: 10:09am On Jun 08, 2019
Blazebond:
you're a dullard... and did he get the scholarship?

4 Likes

Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by Boyooosa(m): 10:09am On Jun 08, 2019
Sad really.
Scholarship would have been more creative.
If a whole ogun state governor could turn up to present notebook n 5k for a best student, then we have not survived peculiar mess era.

5 Likes

Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by prinsam30: 10:09am On Jun 08, 2019
Scholarship could have been better... Ndi Ara

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ayade Orders Suspension Of Prayers In Schools / PHOTO: Meet Mrs Nike Okundaye, A Lecturer At Harvard Without Formal Education / PTDF Overseas Scholarship 2013/2014: Shortlisted Candidates.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.