Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,965 members, 7,852,257 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:46 PM

BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles (37262 Views)

When School Fees Are Not Paid, Who Should Be Punished? Student? Or The Parents? / Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) / Primary School Where Head Teacher's Office Is Under A Tree In Cross Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles by tatafoboy(m): 1:19pm On Jun 08, 2019
Waste To Wealth #recycling

Re: BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles by ReeLoaDead(m): 1:19pm On Jun 08, 2019
collinsJn:
Each time I RT a Tweet On twitter..... I eventually Find It On Nairaland. Who's is This Op Following me on twitter ?
hah ... why you no open thread for NL though?
Re: BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 1:22pm On Jun 08, 2019
This is the second I am reading this kind of news. This initiative is done in Nigeria and India.
Re: BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles by slimthugchimee2(m): 1:23pm On Jun 08, 2019
phelonrays:
BBC all the way from Britain...... sometimes I wonder where and what this our most glorified-Nigerian-Journalist learnt from their so called institution.....especially those Buhari apologist on NTA screen ..sad

This news has been over 3 months now
Re: BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles by ainas247: 1:28pm On Jun 08, 2019
martineverest:
typical NIGERIAN mentality:they blame the only the leaders while the citizens are part of the problems.

corrupt citizens beget corrupt government

I can't really blame you though, visit another country you will understand better.
Suffering and smiling, your leaders want to get pension for life for serving for just 4 years.
Well typical Nigerian are not ready for good governance.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles by standardgroup: 1:29pm On Jun 08, 2019
Unbelievable

Although the idea sounds strangely innovative
Re: BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles by Opexzy: 1:32pm On Jun 08, 2019
themonk:
Our journalists here are focused on bobirisky and Tonto Dike, BBC all the way from Britain comes to report our own local news. It is a pity.

I won’t blame the Nigeria media completely, because the demand for rubbish news is high. What else would they do but supply?

You are right... News like this Only astounds Nigerians when it coming from international News platforms...
Re: BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles by Livefreeordieha(m): 1:35pm On Jun 08, 2019
phelonrays:
BBC all the way from Britain...... sometimes I wonder where and what this our most glorified-Nigerian-Journalist learnt from their so called institution.....especially those Buhari apologist on NTA screen ..sad
if they report it they will be aitied because they will break propaganda codes of the NBC..
Re: BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles by phelonrays: 1:37pm On Jun 08, 2019
slimthugchimee2:

This news has been over 3 months now
Yes I know..... but what am concerned is...... isn't it time our journalist carry out documentary like this ....?? instead of being an apologist because of money....... can't they gather the strength??

just watch AIT,TVC and the most ridiculous NTA......for just two days you'll know that Journalism in Nigeria is outdated as 1758 First World radio presentation.........
Re: BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles by dumahi(m): 1:42pm On Jun 08, 2019
phelonrays:
Why are you always everywhere complaining over nothing and reasoning like a beast? Are you saying, just because BBC reported this, then the entire local media (including Channels, AIT, Guardian, etc) is doing nothing? If you have any sense, check on your self. Otherwise, spew your trash, and silence will be the best answer to a fool.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles by bluefilm: 1:44pm On Jun 08, 2019
rastaLivity:
Weird but nice initiative

Biko how is it a nice initiative?
Re: BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles by bluefilm: 1:45pm On Jun 08, 2019
dumahi:

Why are you always everywhere complaining over nothing and reasoning like a beast? Are you saying, just because BBC reported this, then the entire local media (including Channels, AIT, Guardian, etc) is doing nothing? If you have any sense, check on your self. Otherwise, spew your trash, and silence will be the best answer to a fool.

Don't mind that idíot.
Re: BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles by mmsen: 1:49pm On Jun 08, 2019
vastolord4:
BBC are the real news reporters... not withstanding political pressure

Lol, they have agendas and are very good at sticking to their script. They have someone how convinced millions of people that white homosexuals and white women are more persecuted than people of color in western nation.

They have done as much damage to the African continent by way of their 'news' reports as Boko Haram, AQIM and Al Shabaab combined, by way of their miseducative and slanted reporting.

But you tell yourself whatever you have to.
Re: BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles by CANlBUS(m): 1:49pm On Jun 08, 2019
vastolord4:
BBC are the real news reporters... not withstanding political pressure

False,wait untill it gets to homosexuality,feminism and supposed opposition world leaders and watchthem come out with propaganda
Re: BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles by shegra58: 1:50pm On Jun 08, 2019
DrayZee:

They will pay lecturers with the plastic bottles abi?
they should pay lecturers from titties getting from their churches if they really want to be Jesus Christ like cheesy

Yeeeee who slap me
Re: BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles by phelonrays: 1:50pm On Jun 08, 2019
Livefreeordieha:
if they report it they will be aitied because they will break propaganda codes of the NBC..
in as much as am confused trying to incorporate what @bolded means, I think the NBC are the most bias of it kind in the world........ each governments that take over gets their power handle....they are not neutral.....
Re: BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles by koyyess: 1:59pm On Jun 08, 2019
The school must be partnering with a recycling company.

1 Like

Re: BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles by Burgerlomo: 2:00pm On Jun 08, 2019
phelonrays:

Naija journalist are busy with the stories of Bobwisky, Marley, Toto and her estranged hubby, Olunloyo vs Ojo, Ned and Regina etc. cool
Re: BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles by Livefreeordieha(m): 2:03pm On Jun 08, 2019
phelonrays:
in as much as am confused trying to incorporate what @bolded means, I think the NBC are the most bias of it kind in the world........ each governments that take over gets their power handle....they are not neutral.....
lol..it was just something I made up... AIT... And I added IED that is to say u will be gagged.... I was telling a friend last year that I noticed something very very sad about the stations in my country.. It started shortly after they intimidated gbenga aruleba from focus Nigeria, immediately afterwards I noticed all stations now display and emphasize disclaimer notices on every guest interviewed and infos aired.. Pathetic... No one is doing journalism as it ought to be because of a failed system of hypocrites.. People only go to work for pay...
Re: BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles by standardgroup: 2:03pm On Jun 08, 2019
On a second thought, don't you think by now Nigeria is supposed to have become a regional hub for journalism in Sub Saharan Africa at least if not for Africa as a whole?

We should be having media houses that will cover in-depth investigative and widespread journalism across the continent not just Nigeria. We should be thinking of having media houses that should rival the likes of Al Jazeera, CNBC in Africa. But sadly we're always waiting for the West to spoon-feed us stuff about us. It's sad you know... Waiting for an outsider to always tell our own story.

At a time i had so much hope on Channels and AIT. But right now...

If only our government understands the value of soft power and how the powerful western media houses shape the narrative of their country with propaganda, they would not only give a free rein, they will bring policies that will help our media houses go global.

dumahi:

Re: BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles by uuzba(m): 2:23pm On Jun 08, 2019
ainas247:

I can't really blame you though, visit another country you will understand better.
Suffering and smiling, your leaders want to get pension for life for serving for just 4 years.
The people did not fight for independence. They got it free. So they have no idea how the nation should function. Hence they cannot distinguish right or wrong behaviour of their leaders.
People just have no clue. Hence the type of leaders we have

Other nations jointly fought wars for their independence. The people have a sense of direction and can hold their leaders responsible.
Re: BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles by Sheriffusoro(m): 2:23pm On Jun 08, 2019
so what's the sense here
can somebody explain
Re: BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles by martineverest(m): 2:26pm On Jun 08, 2019
ainas247:

the other countries u visited,is it only the government that is responsible for their development?..the government play their part one the citizens also do their part..

Nigerians are riddled with corruption,greed, sentiments and hypocrisy.those are the reason why we aren't going forward...don't forget it's a democratic system and the people have the power in their hands.but greed, corruption and sentiments wouldn't allow the people to chose the right leaders
Re: BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles by uuzba(m): 2:28pm On Jun 08, 2019
Sheriffusoro:
so what's the sense here
can somebody explain
An initiative to clear off plastic waste from the environment

In Sweden, they do "drinks can" recycling and waste recycling. You get paid some small change to carry your aluminium can to a special dustbin around the town. Also for sorting your waste items, paper, food, plastic ... Into different containers.
As a result, the whole place is clean and spotless, the drainage is not blocked. And they don't have to spend money paying staff to sweep road and clear gutter every time
Re: BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles by uuzba(m): 2:30pm On Jun 08, 2019
martineverest:
the other countries u visited,is it only the government that is responsible for their development?..the government play their part one the citizens also do their part..

Nigerians are riddled with corruption,greed, sentiments and hypocrisy.those are the reason why we aren't going forward...don't forget it's a democratic system and the people have the power in their hands.but greed, corruption and sentiments wouldn't allow the people to chose the right leaders
Nigerians did not fight for independence. We did not live together as a nation before. We lived as separate tribes. Each tribe providing for itself.

Once this Nigeria nation was gummed together, and we were told that oil wealth is the most important one, tribes stopped doing agriculture and local production and everyone started going to school, looking for office work, sitting down, waiting for government allocation.

Since the allocation formula is not well sorted out, people have begun doing nasty things to survive. Smuggling etc. After all the book education, it's not now you expect everyone to gather back to their village farm. We must chop that oil money and keep fighting and killing until we get it

Nigeria as a nation was never fully explained bto the people. The leaders have no national plan. Just spend money left and right without direction.
Re: BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles by Forreellinc: 2:34pm On Jun 08, 2019
grin that means I can build a sch where u pay with pvssy
Re: BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles by Chiefochiefo(m): 2:36pm On Jun 08, 2019
DrayZee:

Does this school pay teachers with plastic bottles too?
Re: BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles by Damianobi(m): 2:40pm On Jun 08, 2019
Dee Vendor
We buy bulk and unit Bitcoins and all kinds of giftcards at good rates. Sell now and get paid faster than you expect.
Contact us via call or WhatsApp: +2347084221886
#Reliable �
Re: BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles by UKBobo(m): 2:41pm On Jun 08, 2019
BBC... poverty peddlers!
Re: BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles by DrayZee: 2:48pm On Jun 08, 2019
Chiefochiefo:

Does this school pay teachers with plastic bottles too?
Yes let's compare a self-funded full time university to an "Ajegunle school".
While were at it, why don't we campaign for Harvard and other universities to join the movement, seeing as it's so "innovative" grin
Re: BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles by olanreyman(m): 2:50pm On Jun 08, 2019
DrayZee:

Let me school you! Those plastic bottles are heading to a recycling company which in turn generate huge income for them. Infact they are better off collecting plastics bottles than cash

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LAUTECH Students Sign Out In Style After Their Final Exams / Jim Ovia Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2016 - Full Details / UNILAG Begins Sales Of Post Graduate Form For 2012/2013 Academic Session...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.