Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,898 members, 7,852,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:46 AM

BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles (37260 Views)

When School Fees Are Not Paid, Who Should Be Punished? Student? Or The Parents? / Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) / Primary School Where Head Teacher's Office Is Under A Tree In Cross Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles by DrayZee: 3:03pm On Jun 08, 2019
olanreyman:

Let me school you! Those plastic bottles are heading to a recycling company which in turn generate huge income for them. Infact they are better off collecting plastics bottles than cash
Oshey Headmaster, cool it with the schooling for a bit. Now, let me get you right. You're telling me, that a university is better off collecting plastic bottles as payment for school fees, rather than cash? Or is it that you didn't read well before mentioning me
Re: BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles by emerged01(m): 3:04pm On Jun 08, 2019
wandeay:
Waste to Wealth!

The founder got some good ideas upstairs, he might become a billionaire anytime soon, he indirectly employs the parents to get him what he could use to build wealth, in turn he gives theirs children education... Nice!
Maybe the founder is into grinding of plastic bottles.
Re: BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles by blackslayer: 3:27pm On Jun 08, 2019
This is so innovative. wow!!!
Re: BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles by seguno2: 3:28pm On Jun 08, 2019
iluvdonjazzy:
is it a private or a public school? if it's private u are safe but if it's public, Ambode you see your life, Sawo-Olu u better declare free education now before I vex o.

Whether private or public, should school not be free to all children in Lagos State that claims to be progressive and brags about billions in IGR plus trillions of loans and allocation
Re: BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles by Myself2(m): 3:34pm On Jun 08, 2019
phelonrays:
BBC all the way from Britain...... sometimes I wonder where and what this our most glorified-Nigerian-Journalist learnt from their so called institution.....especially those Buhari apologist on NTA screen ..sad

Everyday,,it's president Mohamed Buhari this,,,muhamdu Buhari that
Re: BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles by JuanDeDios: 3:39pm On Jun 08, 2019
vastolord4:
BBC are the real news reporters... not withstanding political pressure
What political pressure?
Re: BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles by JuanDeDios: 3:39pm On Jun 08, 2019
rastaLivity:
Weird but nice initiative
What makes it weird?
Re: BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles by ainas247: 3:50pm On Jun 08, 2019
martineverest:
the other countries u visited,is it only the government that is responsible for their development?..the government play their part one the citizens also do their part..

Nigerians are riddled with corruption,greed, sentiments and hypocrisy.those are the reason why we aren't going forward...don't forget it's a democratic system and the people have the power in their hands.but greed, corruption and sentiments wouldn't allow the people to chose the right leaders

wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles by ainas247: 3:52pm On Jun 08, 2019
uuzba:

The people did not fight for independence. They got it free. So they have no idea how the nation should function. Hence they cannot distinguish right or wrong behaviour of their leaders.
People just have no clue. Hence the type of leaders we have

Other nations jointly fought wars for their independence. The people have a sense of direction and can hold their leaders responsible.

wink
Re: BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles by uvie66: 4:22pm On Jun 08, 2019
phelonrays:
BBC all the way from Britain...... sometimes I wonder where and what this our most glorified-Nigerian-Journalist learnt from their so called institution.....especially those Buhari apologist on NTA screen ..sad
I weakoo, all they do is sit in house of senate and report from Aso rock.
Re: BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles by 9jaRealist: 4:23pm On Jun 08, 2019
iluvdonjazzy:
is it a private or a public school? if it's private u are safe but if it's public, Ambode you see your life, Sawo-Olu u better declare free education now before I vex o.

Public schools in Lagos are FREE...
LASG provides FREE education for over 1 million students in 1600 public (primary/secondary) schools.

>
Re: BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles by 9jaRealist: 4:26pm On Jun 08, 2019
seguno2:
Whether private or public, should school not be free to all children in Lagos State that claims to be progressive and brags about billions in IGR plus trillions of loans and allocation

Public schools in Lagos are FREE...
LASG provides FREE education for about 1 million students in over 1600 public (primary/secondary) schools.

>
Re: BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles by 9jaRealist: 4:40pm On Jun 08, 2019
ainas247:

I can't really blame you though, visit another country you will understand better.
Suffering and smiling, your leaders want to get pension for life for serving for just 4 years.
Well typical Nigerian are not ready for good governance.

He’s substantively right...
Our “leaders” (I call them rulers) did NOT come from Mars.

Even right here on Nairaland (a veritable microcosm of supposedly “educated” Nigerians), tribal sentiment is pervasive and people defend Yahoo and all manner of criminality. Generally, the difference between much of the Nigerian leadership class and the general population is access to office and power. After all, many of Nigeria’s politicians were forming “activists” until they got into office. Bros, the raw reality is that Nigeria’s leadership class comes from the Nigerian population and largely REFLECTS the population (including its dominant values).
>
Re: BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles by Afamed: 6:16pm On Jun 08, 2019
martineverest:
typical NIGERIAN mentality:they blame the only the leaders while the citizens are part of the problems.

corrupt citizens beget corrupt government
You Sabi dem wella. And these are the same set of people who will do everything possible to avoid paying their NEPA bill.
Re: BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles by martineverest(m): 6:26pm On Jun 08, 2019
Afamed:

You Sabi dem wella. And these are the same set of people who will do everything possible to avoid paying their NEPA bill.
no mind them..them go commit offence,instead of facing the consequences,they will be looking for somebody that know somebody to call to free them...they don't pay tax,they avoid their responsibilities as citizens..yet they will blame govt alone..

the corrupt system have benefitted every Nigerian..

1 Like

Re: BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles by ainas247: 6:53pm On Jun 08, 2019
wink
9jaRealist:

He’s substantively right...
Our “leaders” (I call them rulers) did NOT come from Mars.

Even right here on Nairaland (a veritable microcosm of supposedly “educated” Nigerians), tribal sentiment is pervasive and people defend Yahoo and all manner of criminality. Generally, the difference between much of the Nigerian leadership class and the general population is access to office and power. After all, many of Nigeria’s politicians were forming “activists” until they got into office. Bros, the raw reality is that Nigeria’s leadership class comes from the Nigerian population and largely REFLECTS the population (including its dominant values).
>
Re: BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles by booksrite(f): 12:11am On Jun 29, 2019

cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LAUTECH Students Sign Out In Style After Their Final Exams / Jim Ovia Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2016 - Full Details / UNILAG Begins Sales Of Post Graduate Form For 2012/2013 Academic Session...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.