Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,858 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Norway Vs Nigeria: FIFA Women's World Cup (3 - 0) Full Time - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Norway Vs Nigeria: FIFA Women's World Cup (3 - 0) Full Time (56447 Views)

Australia Vs Nigeria: FIFA U17 World Cup (2 - 1) Full Time / Senegal Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-20 World Cup (2 - 1) Full Time / Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Norway Vs Nigeria: FIFA Women's World Cup (3 - 0) Full Time by naptu2: 12:08pm On Jun 08, 2019
The Super Falcons of Nigeria will take on the Norwegian National Team at 8pm in their first game at the 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Norway Vs Nigeria: FIFA Women's World Cup (3 - 0) Full Time by naptu2: 12:08pm On Jun 08, 2019
How to watch.

The Broadcasting Organisations of Nigeria (BON) have reached a deal with FIFA that grants them the right to broadcast all FIFA World Cup matches live on their free to air platforms. This includes the 2019 Women's World Cup. (Note, this is only on their free to air stations platforms).

The match will also be live on Supersports 4

You can also listen to the game (in case you are stuck in traffic) because it will be live on Nigeria Info FM

1 Like

Re: Norway Vs Nigeria: FIFA Women's World Cup (3 - 0) Full Time by naptu2: 12:09pm On Jun 08, 2019
Thomas Dennerby

1 Share

Re: Norway Vs Nigeria: FIFA Women's World Cup (3 - 0) Full Time by naptu2: 12:21pm On Jun 08, 2019
Pic 1) Asisat Oshoala imitates Caster Semenya's snake pose.

Pic 2 and 3) Caster Semenya, Alexia, Dickson Nwaekeme and Tobi Bakare react to Oshoala's Nike advert.

Re: Norway Vs Nigeria: FIFA Women's World Cup (3 - 0) Full Time by naptu2: 12:42pm On Jun 08, 2019
Ada Hegerberg, who scored for Lyon in the UEFA Women's Champions League final is not playing for Norway.

She refused to play for Norway at the World Cup because she says that Norwegian football authorities favour men's football over women's football.

The Norwegian FA made some changes, but she said that she wasn't satisfied.

This (below) is what the Norwegian coach thinks of her protests.

1 Like

Re: Norway Vs Nigeria: FIFA Women's World Cup (3 - 0) Full Time by Amuocha: 12:47pm On Jun 08, 2019
4-0
Re: Norway Vs Nigeria: FIFA Women's World Cup (3 - 0) Full Time by NotBeenPaid: 12:48pm On Jun 08, 2019
Wishing them good luck
Re: Norway Vs Nigeria: FIFA Women's World Cup (3 - 0) Full Time by femi4: 12:48pm On Jun 08, 2019
Norway will beat them six sero
Re: Norway Vs Nigeria: FIFA Women's World Cup (3 - 0) Full Time by iTearHerToto: 12:49pm On Jun 08, 2019
Zoogeria female team is filled with ugly looking macho women men.. As ugly as they are, so are their features. cry

Nothing good will come out of this country... Just watch.. It's a cursed nation

Pukesangry

1 Like

Re: Norway Vs Nigeria: FIFA Women's World Cup (3 - 0) Full Time by naptu2: 12:50pm On Jun 08, 2019
Uchenna Kanu

Re: Norway Vs Nigeria: FIFA Women's World Cup (3 - 0) Full Time by lochi01(m): 12:50pm On Jun 08, 2019
correct scores 10k call me 09018673853
Re: Norway Vs Nigeria: FIFA Women's World Cup (3 - 0) Full Time by OTayobami(m): 12:51pm On Jun 08, 2019
Omo them give naija 10odds, see free odds o
Re: Norway Vs Nigeria: FIFA Women's World Cup (3 - 0) Full Time by MufasaRebirth: 12:52pm On Jun 08, 2019
Lol Nigeria go chop am, na only korea be our match france and norway go be us like say tomorrow no dey
Re: Norway Vs Nigeria: FIFA Women's World Cup (3 - 0) Full Time by OffIcialklly: 12:54pm On Jun 08, 2019
may God help us today!!

1 Like

Re: Norway Vs Nigeria: FIFA Women's World Cup (3 - 0) Full Time by Atigba: 1:04pm On Jun 08, 2019
I AM A NAIJA BUT I REST IN NORWAY NOW

I SUPPORT MY RESIDENCE COUNTRY
Re: Norway Vs Nigeria: FIFA Women's World Cup (3 - 0) Full Time by doitforyou(f): 1:04pm On Jun 08, 2019
Thank you for this thread. All the guys on this thread, thank you for supporting our girls. I hope they win. in recent years, Nigeria has been failing in sports I hope these girls will change that for us today.

1 Like

Re: Norway Vs Nigeria: FIFA Women's World Cup (3 - 0) Full Time by Bonapart(m): 1:05pm On Jun 08, 2019
Atigba:

stewpidity

4 Likes

Re: Norway Vs Nigeria: FIFA Women's World Cup (3 - 0) Full Time by handebayor: 1:07pm On Jun 08, 2019
Let's do this Falcons for we've got balls
Re: Norway Vs Nigeria: FIFA Women's World Cup (3 - 0) Full Time by Mizwisdom(f): 1:08pm On Jun 08, 2019
I'm here! routing for Falcons and praying that we trash Norway(if only this dream can come true)
Re: Norway Vs Nigeria: FIFA Women's World Cup (3 - 0) Full Time by Mizwisdom(f): 1:10pm On Jun 08, 2019
Atigba:

And you think this makes sense?

1 Like

Re: Norway Vs Nigeria: FIFA Women's World Cup (3 - 0) Full Time by Tharaja(m): 1:12pm On Jun 08, 2019
Up Eagles
Re: Norway Vs Nigeria: FIFA Women's World Cup (3 - 0) Full Time by naptu2: 1:12pm On Jun 08, 2019
France 2019: Super Falcons Ready For Norway Test

Nigeria’s Super Falcons will look to open their campaign at the 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup on a winning note when they take on Norway on Saturday at the Stade Auguite Delaune, Reims, reports Completesports.com.

One of only seven teams to have made it to every edition of the FIFA Women’s World Cup finals since the inaugural competition in 1991, the Falcons have made it out of the group stage only once previously, and that was 20 years ago.

A 2-1 defeat of North Korea and 2-0 win over Denmark, on either side of a 7-1 roasting by Team USA, steered the African champions to the quarter finals, where they came back from three goals down to draw with Brazil before losing by the golden goal in extra time.

Nigeria’s closest walk to the knockout rounds since then was Germany 2011, where they lost by the odd goal to both France and Germany and then defeated Canada by the odd goal.

“It is true that we have not really pulled our weight at the FIFA World Cup before now. But I can say we have the team to do that here in France. The NFF has done well by ensuring good preparation for the team, with the tournaments that we played,” Super Falcons midfielder Ngozi Okobi.

“A lot is hanging on the first match against Norway. If we are able to get a good result, then we will take it from there.”

Norway comes into the encounter with the mindset that they should be able to steamroll the African champions. Only last week, the Grasshoppers hammered another African representative, South Africa 7-2 in a friendly. And going back 24 years, at the second edition of the FIFA World Cup staged by Sweden, Norway lashed Nigeria 8-0 in a group stage encounter in Helsinborg.

Head Coach Thomas Dennerby is asking his girls to take it one match at a time and develop a positive mindset about the finals.

“A positive mindset is key to what we are here for. You must believe in yourselves and have confidence in what you can do here. You must give it your best,” he told the players after Thursday’s training session at the Stade Jean Boucton in Reims.

A good number of the Nigerian mainstream play their club football in the Scandinavia region, to which Norway belongs. These include defender Osinachi Ohale, Ngozi Ebere and Faith Michael, midfielders Rita Chikwelu, Ngozi Okobi, Ogonna Chukwudi and Halimatu Ayinde, and forwards Anam Imo and Rasheedat Ajibade. These players should, indeed, have a very good idea of how Norway will set up and activate at the Stade Auguste-Delaune on Saturday night.

Pacy forward Asisat Oshoala, who has sealed a permanent move to FC Barcelona Ladies, was on Wednesday appointed team assistant captain. The top scorer and most valuable player of the FIFA U20 Women’s World Cup in Canada in 2014 has extra motivation to take the finals in France by storm.

Apart from sponsoring the team to preparatory tournaments in China, Cyprus, and Spain, capped with a two –week residential camping at the Avita Resort in Austria, the Nigeria Football Federation beefed up the team’s technical crew, with the appointment of Per Harlsson as conditioning coach and Matti Demegard as video analyst.

In China, the African champions played two matches, losing to the host nation but defeating Romania. In Cyprus, they lost to Belgium and Austria but defeated Thailand and Slovakia. In Spain, they narrowly lost to the Canadian national team.

While in Austria, they defeated Hungarian top division club Viktoria and also defeated a Slovenian top club, Pormuje.  

Saturday’s encounter between Nigeria and Norway starts at 8pm.

https://www.completesports.com/france-2019-super-falcons-ready-for-norway-test/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Re: Norway Vs Nigeria: FIFA Women's World Cup (3 - 0) Full Time by GOFRONT(m): 1:14pm On Jun 08, 2019
grin

I'm gonna watch this match because I love Onome my crush....
Re: Norway Vs Nigeria: FIFA Women's World Cup (3 - 0) Full Time by MrBONE2(m): 1:30pm On Jun 08, 2019
The number of goals to score by each teams per match in GROUP A would depend on the number of colours on their Jerseys or Flags grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Norway Vs Nigeria: FIFA Women's World Cup (3 - 0) Full Time by luminouz(m): 1:31pm On Jun 08, 2019
lochi01:
correct scores 10k call me 09018673853
Why not play it ursef and stop this nonsense

3 Likes

Re: Norway Vs Nigeria: FIFA Women's World Cup (3 - 0) Full Time by Adaibeku(f): 1:35pm On Jun 08, 2019
Those girls are too old ,
Y not carry likes of boney nyash analqueen or uyai to represent us, grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Barcelona Manager, Xavi Puts Up 3 Players For Sale [full List] / Asisat Oshoala Scores 4 Goals In El Classico. / Alex Iwobi Mocked By Everton Teammates In Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.