Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,138 members, 7,842,265 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1459028 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by olaidecash: 3:02pm On Jun 18, 2019
Hi all,i am about to submit my mum’s application ?
Ikeja center ,pls do anyone know how much fee they charge for assisted service ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Restricted: 3:36pm On Jun 18, 2019
olaidecash:
Ikeja center ,pls do anyone know how much fee they charge for assisted service ?

10,000 Naira (20 Pounds)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Menakay(m): 4:38pm On Jun 18, 2019
ezybaba:
I received the email not long ago Reference number: xxxxxxxx

Dear Applicant,

Your passport and supporting documentation are now ready for collection at the TLScontact UK Visa Application Centre. You can collect your documents in person or by a representative. I know Na visa granted I go see in Jesus name
Amen. When did u give ur biometric?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ezybaba(m): 4:57pm On Jun 18, 2019
Menakay:
23th of May

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by adegoks1234(m): 5:29pm On Jun 18, 2019
Hello everyone. Who has done walk-in in TLS ikeja recently? Is it true that one has to be at the centre as early as 4:30 a.m.?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Abini2012: 5:54pm On Jun 18, 2019
popplm:
someone with useful information should help a brother

You as a student will be entitled to work 20hrs per week only but your wife work hours is not restricted.
You will need to prove you have maintenance fund for the whole family for 9 months plus your own if applying together
Pls read through the UK student thread you'll be properly guided.. all the best
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Folarinland(m): 6:32pm On Jun 18, 2019
adegoks1234:
Hello everyone. Who has done walk-in in TLS ikeja recently? Is it true that one has to be at the centre as early as 4:30 a.m.?

Yeah true I got there by 6:30 and I was no70
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dlaw6578: 7:41pm On Jun 18, 2019
Please how can I go with unpaid hotel booking confirmations and arrange a travel intinerary I just mail you now... Pls I will like u to put me through thanks
giselle237:
I don’t know so much about how mandatory tax clearance is and how to go about it.
I pray others with reliable info respond to you

Then, you don’t necessarily need an invitation letter.. you can apply as tourists and get unpaid hotel booking confirmations and arrange a travel intinerary of what you would be doing whilst touristing. Just prove beyond reasonable doubts that you and your family are genuine visitors in your application

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Babyface6: 7:57pm On Jun 18, 2019
Hello all,

Please I made my application using Self service. The appointment date I selected, do I need a print out to show them at the gate. Please to those who went to submit recently, what proof did you give at the entrance to indicate you had an appointment scheduled for that day. I'm a bit confused. I'm submitting on Thursday.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by olafamzy87(m): 8:30pm On Jun 18, 2019
1.You must print your booking confirmation sent to your email address.
2. You must print your document checklist though its the first page they will take from you
3.print your payment confirmation
4.print the uploaded esolo page to show you submitted your documents online.
5. Your passport data page.

Thats all your need.

Babyface6:
Hello all,

Please I made my application using Self service. The appointment date I selected, do I need a print out to show them at the gate. Please to those who went to submit recently, what proof did you give at the entrance to indicate you had an appointment scheduled for that day. I'm a bit confused. I'm submitting on Thursday.

7 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Babyface6: 8:37pm On Jun 18, 2019
olafamzy87:
1.You must print your booking confirmation sent to your email address.
2. You must print your document checklist though its the first page they will take from you
3.print your payment confirmation
4.print the uploaded esolo page to show you submitted your documents online.
5. Your passport data page.

Thats all your need.

Thank you for your swift response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 8:42pm On Jun 18, 2019
Go to booking.com website and book a hotel with free cancellation policy...
a travel itinerary is basically just stating what and where you will be going to in the uk for each day that you would be there.
Find out the tourist centres in that city and maybe festivals going on during your intended travel dates and point by point explain in your visa application what your daily events in the uk will be

Dlaw6578:
Please how can I go with unpaid hotel booking confirmations and arrange a travel intinerary I just mail you now... Pls I will like u to put me through thanks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by plethoral: 9:52pm On Jun 18, 2019
Hello House,
Please I need your advise on how to go about this. .a first timer.
Am applying for visiting Visa for my wife & a year old baby. She's attending her sister's & brother in law's birthday (both citizen of UK) on Aug 3rd.
I have a good & steady paying job, so am standing in as the sponsor and also the brother in law too.
How can I speed the process up to meet up with the birthday.
Also what are the necessary documents I need to attached to make the application successful.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 10:25pm On Jun 18, 2019
pls read up the thread... you will find an extensive plethora of answers and then any questions can follow where you get confused..
plethoral:
Hello House,
Please I need your advise on how to go about this. .a first timer.
Am applying for visiting Visa for my wife & a year old baby. She's attending her sister's & brother in law's birthday (both citizen of UK) on Aug 3rd.
I have a good & steady paying job, so am standing in as the sponsor and also the brother in law too.
How can I speed the process up to meet up with the birthday.
Also what are the necessary documents I need to attached to make the application successful.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mekaboy(m): 10:25pm On Jun 18, 2019
Please justwise and the gurus here, can a single person earning 120k a month and spending 40k out of it get UK visa .

I was going to apply earlier stating a make over 300k monthly from business including rent from property. Though my transaction and import supports documents support my claim. However when I went to the state tax office for tax clearance, I discovered I will have to pay 330k * 4 years ( over 1.2m ) for 4 years tax clearance. The minimum tax clearance that can be given is 150k which will show I make about 80k monthly. So I am thinking of reducing my monthly income to 120k so I can pay a little above 150k for clearance. That will amount to about 1.4m a year.

Though I currently have about 2m in business account and 1m in personal account. I budget 600k for the 5 days trip.

I think it's better I reduce my monthly earning and pay a matching tax, than leave it at 300k and pay less tax.

Second option I am considering is using tax receipt for 2019 instead of 4 years tax clearance.

I was in dubai in last year.

Please guys advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dotunfelix1: 11:48pm On Jun 18, 2019
ANY PROBLEM WITHYOU
giselle237:
please put off your capslock/capital letters writing..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by adecoal: 11:55pm On Jun 18, 2019
People this is the third time i'm posting this... Someone with sufficient information should kindly respond.

PS: My Aunt's friend has agreed to take care of my accommodation and feeding throughout my stay

adecoal:
Hello guys.

Just found this thread. You guys are doing great work here . Big ups

I've read the whole of part 3 and i can see that different people have their own unique case to present.
Please help me with mine. Biko!.

i plan to travel to the uk in September for vacation for 10 days.

My Aunt's friend whose family is based in the UK wants to give me and invitation letter . During my stay in the UK i plan to visit some friends, sightseeing and most importantly watch my favorite football team play.

My office will provide my with Letter of introduction and other important documents for the trip.
i earn a net monthly income of 183k (minus leave allowance, 13th month , clothing allowance and incentive pay for the year). i usually save up to 120k p/mi have a total of 1.1m in my salary account and 300K in my saving account.The total amount should be 1.9m or 2m by sept. Also, My mum has sent 100k to me on 4 or 5 different occasion over the past 9 months( i plan to explain this in a cover letter).

Although i do not have a written budget but i plan to spend a total of 550k on this trip ( 3 times of my monthly income). Me and my aunt's friends have not discussed accommodation and feeding but i'm budgeting 550k on this trip as i plan to takecare of these myself if she can't afford it.

@justwise and other gurus Kindly advise me on what to change or improve . feel free to criticize constructively

Thanks and Regards.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by amazingernest: 12:33am On Jun 19, 2019
How long does it take before you got this response
Menakay:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Belovedolu: 7:01am On Jun 19, 2019
Belovedolu:

Thank you. My mum submitted on 3rd of June using priority service and up till now, no update. Just worried
@ justwise, yommieyomi and every other person that had been helpful regarding my mum's application, thank you so much. She was granted. Your labour of love will not go unrewarded.
Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!!

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Modele35: 7:02am On Jun 19, 2019
ezybaba:
23th of May

Pls did u submit in VI or Ikeja
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Restricted: 9:59am On Jun 19, 2019
I got the below email since the 10th of June that my application has been dispatched and i am yet to receive any email from VFS for collection. Today is 19th. Does it usually take this long for VFS to update at their end? I track online and its still showing "Application Received By DMC". I did biometric since the 16th of May. Its been 5weeks now. Im begining to think something is wrong somewhere. Huh......

Dear xxxxxxxxxxx

Your UK visa application has been dispatched from the UK Visa Section.

If you are applying from Europe, North & West Africa and GCC countries:

- And you submitted your application at a visa application centre - You will receive an email shortly from TLS or VFS about collecting your decision. Please ensure you check your e-mail account and do not attend the VAC until you are advised to.

VAC - Visa Application Centre.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by FYsol: 10:48am On Jun 19, 2019
I will advise you visit TLS.

Restricted:
I got the below email since the 10th of June that my application has been dispatched and i am yet to receive any email from VFS for collection. Today is 19th. Does it usually take this long for VFS to update at their end? I track online and its still showing "Application Received By DMC". I did biometric since the 16th of May. Its been 5weeks now. Im begining to think something is wrong somewhere. Huh......

Dear xxxxxxxxxxx

Your UK visa application has been dispatched from the UK Visa Section.

If you are applying from Europe, North & West Africa and GCC countries:

- And you submitted your application at a visa application centre - You will receive an email shortly from TLS or VFS about collecting your decision. Please ensure you check your e-mail account and do not attend the VAC until you are advised to.

VAC - Visa Application Centre.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by 101adewole(m): 12:49pm On Jun 19, 2019
Hello brother,i submitted mine on the 28th of may and i was told to wait for 15 working days,But am yet to get any mail from them.Pls have you receive any thing from them?
Ucdavid111:
��well-done to all the gurus in the house,God continue to bless you all,
Please I submitted since 30th of may,when should I expect to hear from them?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seeyat: 1:40pm On Jun 19, 2019
Hello everyone,

In my last application i stated that my monthly expenses is #80,000 from monthly salary of #200k now it's gone down to #47k as my wife is working and supportive. No kids yet

Will my new monthly expenses make sense to ECO in my next application?

Abeg make una enlighten me biko.

Thanks as always
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by chukyrooy(m): 1:54pm On Jun 19, 2019
Good Afternoon Everybody,

I want to first say you guys are doing a wonderful job, thanks a lot for all the helpful tips.

Please My younger sister applied on May 16th in Ikeja and as at today there has been no mail of any sort from them.

She called the UKVI and they specifically said that a decision had been reached over 2 weeks ago and they are surprised that she hasn't gotten her passport, and they promised to escalate. However she called again today and they said there isn't much they can do as they have made a decision and her passport should have gotten to her by now.

Please what can she do as she is supposed to travel next week.

Thanks a lot.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Yommieyomi: 2:33pm On Jun 19, 2019

olaidecash:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Taiwodada08(m): 2:33pm On Jun 19, 2019
justwise:
This is Part4 of the UK visiting/tourist visa thread

Part 3 is here https://www.nairaland.com/2655931/general-uk-visa-enquiries-part

Visit this link for application and other info https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/apply

Good luck
Not really sure about this ,but I believed gurus in the house can help.
Her status in the uk is live to remain and she’s willing to apply for a spouse visa for me,is that doable house considering her status?
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Yommieyomi: 2:37pm On Jun 19, 2019
Glory be to God.

Belovedolu:

@ justwise, yommieyomi and every other person that had been helpful regarding my mum's application, thank you so much. She was granted. Your labour of love will not go unrewarded.
Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Yommieyomi: 2:40pm On Jun 19, 2019
Two things, either she remain patient and wait for email from TLS, or visit TLS and check with them, no crime in that.

chukyrooy:
Good Afternoon Everybody,

I want to first say you guys are doing a wonderful job, thanks a lot for all the helpful tips.

Please My younger sister applied on May 16th in Ikeja and as at today there has been no mail of any sort from them.

She called the UKVI and they specifically said that a decision had been reached over 2 weeks ago and they are surprised that she hasn't gotten her passport, and they promised to escalate. However she called again today and they said there isn't much they can do as they have made a decision and her passport should have gotten to her by now.

Please what can she do as she is supposed to travel next week.

Thanks a lot.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Yommieyomi: 2:45pm On Jun 19, 2019
I suggest you keep pace with your initial application.
If you reduce your expense for the fact that your wife is now working is likely to be mis-represented for irresponsibility and desperation.
Maintain same story, try and fix issues that came up on your last application properly.
My candid opinion.

Seeyat:
Hello everyone,

In my last application i stated that my monthly expenses is #80,000 from monthly salary of #200k now it's gone down to #47k as my wife is working and supportive. No kids yet

Will my new monthly expenses make sense to ECO in my next application?

Abeg make una enlighten me biko.

Thanks as always

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by seyisanya(m): 2:50pm On Jun 19, 2019
Hello gurus in the house. I am a Nigerian but live and work in a country in Central America. Unfortunately, I am in a country where the UK embassy does not issue visa but I will be in Nigeria next week so I intend to get my biometric done in Nigeria. I have visited Spain(twice), Italy, Germany(twice), the USA(twice), Belize, Costa Rica, Mexico(twice), Colombia(twice). And I currently have a valid Schengen visa issued by the German consulate here. '

I intend travelling to the UK in December 2019 but not sure if I can apply for a 2-year visa as a first time UK visa applicant.

Thanks as I look forward to your response.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (770)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.