Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,529 members, 7,826,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (250) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1450190 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Horus(m): 2:49pm On May 10, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDyhdl-Sruc

All travellers arriving into the UK will face a mandatory 14-day quarantine

The government has revealed that it will now be enforcing a mandatory quarantine period for all travellers entering in the UK from abroad.
Passengers will be asked to go into quarantine for 14-days upon arrival regardless of where they have flown in from.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lotusflowerbomb: 4:04pm On May 10, 2020
Horus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDyhdl-Sruc

All travellers arriving into the UK will face a mandatory 14-day quarantine

The government has revealed that it will now be enforcing a mandatory quarantine period for all travellers entering in the UK from abroad.
Passengers will be asked to go into quarantine for 14-days upon arrival regardless of where they have flown in from.
Haaaa ghen ghen
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 4:07pm On May 10, 2020
do they av where to quarantine people coming into Uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by flinton(m): 11:42am On May 11, 2020
I don't know if I'm posting this on the right thread but I need opinions
My wife got a NHS job in the UK, the video interview was held amid the Corona crisis, she has been sent a provisional appointment letter, she awaits CoS
My fear
What is the likelihood of withdrawal of appointment or CoS denial with relation to Corona virus pandemic?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by omopapa: 1:50pm On May 11, 2020
Very unlikely provided she pass the employment checks and all references

flinton:
My wife got a NHS job in the UK, the video interview was held amid the Corona crisis, she has been sent a provisional appointment letter, she awaits CoS
My fear
What is the likelihood of withdrawal of appointment or CoS denial with relation to Corona virus pandemic?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by famzynet: 1:51pm On May 11, 2020
flinton:
My fear

On a positive side, since provisional letter was issued,it means she is top on the list anytime things return to normal and her position is needed. There are bound to be vacancies in the NHS when things settle down. Most HR are not working for now . Some work from home. I hope she accepted the offer before the covid lockdown?
On a negative side,provisional offer means the offer may be withdrawn. This rarely happens anyway except there are issues from her side.

She should keep her hope high. Many are in similar shoe like her. I believe things will continue from where she stopped soon. Just in case she has not,let her send a mail to the HR to inform them she awaits their response on the COS. The mail may not be replied now but just as evidence that she kept in touch.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by flinton(m): 5:44pm On May 11, 2020
omopapa:
Very unlikely provided she pass the employment checks and all references

famzynet:

On a positive side, since provisional letter was issued,it means she is top on the list anytime things return to normal and her position is needed. There are bound to be vacancies in the NHS when things settle down. Most HR are not working for now . Some work from home. I hope she accepted the offer before the covid lockdown?
On a negative side,provisional offer means the offer may be withdrawn. This rarely happens anyway except there are issues from her side.

She should keep her hope high. Many are in similar shoe like her. I believe things will continue from where she stopped soon. Just in case she has not,let her send a mail to the HR to inform them she awaits their response on the COS. The mail may not be replied now but just as evidence that she kept in touch.
Thank you for your responses
She accepted the job and they have started the pre employment verification process
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Marc0110(m): 12:07pm On May 12, 2020
Warm regards to one all, Please is there any faint ideal as to when TLS Contact in Ikeja, the Visa Application Centre will commence for biometrics? I am asking now since the UK government and Lagos state government have started the gradual easing of the Covid-19 Restrictions.

Thanksvery much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Marc0110(m): 12:14pm On May 12, 2020
flinton:

Thank you for your responses
She accepted the job and they have started the pre employment verification process

I want to encourage you that I also received CoS 11 days ago, so once her references reply favourably and promptly to the HR, and she confirms the date she's willing to start the job then they will issue her the CoS. She needs to be persistent with her mails and sometimes even make phone calls to the HR. I hope she asked some pertinent questions before accepting the offer. Good luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by flinton(m): 12:27pm On May 12, 2020
Marc0110:

I want to encourage you that I also received CoS 11 days ago, so once her references reply favourably and promptly to the HR, and she confirms the date she's willing to start the job then they will issue her the CoS. She needs to be persistent with her mails and sometimes even make phone calls to the HR. I hope she asked some pertinent questions before accepting the offer. Good luck
Thank you for the encouraging piece, her references replied favorably. I think it's just a waiting game, someone advised she should check on them(email) once in while to avoid been seen as desperate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mimilyrics: 11:42pm On May 12, 2020
No one knows for sure. Keep checking .Gov and the VAC websites. If you had booked your appointment before the lockdown, you should get a mail when they are set to reopen.
Marc0110:
Warm regards to one all, Please is there any faint ideal as to when TLS Contact in Ikeja, the Visa Application Centre will commence for biometrics? I am asking now since the UK government and Lagos state government have started the gradual easing of the Covid-19 Restrictions.

Thanksvery much

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Asoko80: 1:00pm On May 14, 2020
I traveled to the UK for 21 days but at the point of application,I said I was gonna spend 7 days not due to some unforseen circumstance and the fact that that trip was made during my annual leave.
Would this pose a problem if I want to reapply with my kids when my visa expires?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by famzynet: 2:16pm On May 14, 2020
Asoko80:
I traveled to the UK for 21 days but at the point of application,I said I was gonna spend 7 days not due to some unforseen circumstance and the fact that that trip was made during my annual leave.
Would this pose a problem if I want to reapply with my kids when my visa expires?

I don't really think so but just have something handy to give as reason for your overstaying. It depends on the ECO that would process your visa. Some will overlook it since you came back within the time frame of the visa. Others would want to probe. But since you mentioned that your next visit would involve your children,that may cause some problems because any ECO would think you won't keep to what you say. Why not take another travel on your own and stay for less than than 2 weeks before coming back. That would give them assurance that you can always go and come back.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 11:25am On May 16, 2020
Asoko80:
Not at all. You never overstayed your visa. My family and I did that many times.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 12:32pm On May 16, 2020
Good day all,

did anyone know about uk plan towards there unused uk visas obtained outside uk due to coronavirus pandemic.

some countries have started reasoning towards that area for there visas

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/finland-will-not-renew-unused-schengen-visas-to-russians/

any info?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kunzzy4me(m): 11:20pm On May 16, 2020
opomulero:
Good day all,

did anyone know about uk plan towards there unused uk visas obtained outside uk due to coronavirus pandemic.

Bro you read my mind ..please anyone with useful information concerning it should kindly share ?

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/finland-will-not-renew-unused-schengen-visas-to-russians/

any info?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 1:42pm On May 17, 2020
Ashirioluwa:

Not at all. You never overstayed your visa. My family and I did that many times.

Not everybody will do it and get away with it, given 6months visa does not mean you should stay 6months, if you have indicated certain a mount of time you want to spend in the UK and the ECO approves your visa then you are expected to stick to that period of time.

Staying longer than that without a convincing explanation is likely to affect your next visa application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 1:43pm On May 17, 2020
Asoko80:

You need to explain why you stayed 14days longer than you stated in your application form.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by olawax22: 3:25pm On May 17, 2020
No need for any explanation, if you mistakenly give any explanation you’ll implicate yourself for nothing, so be guided.
justwise:

You need to explain why you stayed 14days longer than you stated in your application form.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 3:29pm On May 17, 2020
olawax22:
No need for any explanation, if you mistakenly give any explanation you’ll implicate yourself for nothing, so be guided.

Yes there is a need for an explanation else your application is likely to be refused.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mimilyrics: 4:35pm On May 17, 2020
Depends on what kind of visa you're looking at. According to the last updates given to my friend who got her vignette (work visa) prior to the lockdown, she can apply for a replacement when the VACs reopen. This doesn't include visit visa holders though.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-for-uk-visa-applicants-and-temporary-uk-residents

opomulero:
Good day all,

any info?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oak202: 9:49pm On May 17, 2020
justwise:

Yes there is a need for an explanation else your application is likely to be refused.

I think he will need the explanation when he spends like a month or more but considering he spent 21 days out of 6 months visa, there is no need for explanation .

Although i understand your point but in this case no need for explanation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 10:21pm On May 17, 2020
oak202:

I think he will need the explanation when he spends like a month or more but considering he spent 21 days out of 6 months visa, there is no need for explanation .

Although i understand your point but in this case no need for explanation.

1. Was the budget for the trip for 7 days or 21days?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 11:49pm On May 17, 2020
justwise:

Not everybody will do it and get away with it, given 6months visa does not mean you should stay 6months, if you have indicated certain a mount of time you want to spend in the UK and the ECO approves your visa then you are expected to stick to that period of time.

Staying longer than that without a convincing explanation is likely to affect your next visa application.

Maybe you should read what he posted again. He stayed for 21 days not 6 months. Staying for up to 4 weeks is fine but staying for over 1 month might result to problem if you claimed employee in your application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 11:54pm On May 17, 2020
justwise:

Explanation is not needed in this case.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Tajudeen40(m): 3:29am On May 18, 2020
Ashirioluwa:

what happened when one overstayed with two months ,exit the UK and apply for Irish visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 5:57am On May 18, 2020
Ashirioluwa:

Maybe you should read what he posted again. He stayed for 21 days not 6 months. Staying for up to 4 weeks is fine but staying for over 1 month might result to problem if you claimed employee in your application.

Ashirioluwa:

You definitely have to explain why you decided to stay 14days longer that 7 days you stated on your application and was given visa based on that budget.

7 days trip budget is not the same as 21days one, next time you apply for visa and say you are staying eg 1week you will not be believed because of your previous record without any explanation.

People may have very good reason why they stayed longer that stated and if you don't explain it how do you expect the ECO to know?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oak202: 7:01am On May 18, 2020
Tajudeen40:
what happened when one overstayed with two months ,exit the UK and apply for Irish visa?

Automatic refusal. Why will you overstay in the first place? Most of this countries share immigration history with one another.
But if you can give a cogent reason for overstaying like the closure of border due to COVID -19 pandemic or a situation beyond your own country , you might not have issue.

For those of you that intend to spend more days than what you state in your application, listen to @justwise , dont do it especially if it is your first time.
But on your subsequent travelling, you can spend a reasonable longer days which you can defend.

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.