Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (368) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1454740 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by yomight83: 9:35am On Nov 03, 2020
twojul:
Hello everyone. I did my biometrics on the 8th of October at ikeja and tomorrow 2nd November will make it 17th working days since. My planned trip is on the 26th of November. I haven’t received any emails for pick up or even refusal. Is it advisable to call or email tomorrow to find out what’s taking so long or should I just be patient. I’m worried they’ll hold that passport for too long and I need it to travel back to school on the 26th of December.
Just be patient nd hope for dis week
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sanmigbola: 9:55am On Nov 03, 2020
These people are toiling with my emotions. Did biometrics on the 29th of September... No passport pick up mail and am suppose to travel on the 19th of November.
Contacted them through email and I got a response that my application is currently being processed and escalated to the appropriate ECO.

After the initial 15 working days processing, how long does extension take?
Who have experienced such before?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Godsblessings: 12:12pm On Nov 03, 2020
Hello house , I have sent reconsideration to UK , they have not responded to my message and my pp has been dispatched to tls . What do you think I should do?
A friend cancelled her Application because of ENDSARS curfew in osun state. Pls how will she get her refund, according to her , she has sent refund message to ukvi..... , But never get refund, how can she get the refund?
My cousin rebooked appointment for tomorrow after he was deny but on getting to the VFS to get his passport to be used for tomorrow appointment, his passport is not found in VFS and he has biometrics appointment tomorrow? Pls your input will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by iyatrustee(f): 12:19pm On Nov 03, 2020
Godsblessings:
Hello house , I have sent reconsideration to UK , they have not responded to my message and my pp has been dispatched to tls . What do you think I should do?
A friend cancelled her Application because of ENDSARS curfew in osun state. Pls how will she get her refund, according to her , she has sent refund message to ukvi..... , But never get refund, how can she get the refund?
My cousin rebooked appointment for tomorrow after he was deny but on getting to the VFS to get his passport to be used for tomorrow appointment, his passport is not found in VFS and he has biometrics appointment tomorrow? Pls your input will be highly appreciated. Thanks

If your refusal is overturned, I believe UKVI will notify on how to go drop your passport back to TLS for the visa vignette.

As for your friend, refund for cancelled visa application takes 28 working days before it reflects back in your linked account. You might be lucky to get before 28, but that is the standard wait time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 12:20pm On Nov 03, 2020
Godsblessings:
For your cousin, he has to wait until he gets his passport in his hand before going for another biometrics appointment. When he collects his passport he can schedule a new appointmt.
TLS will inform him when it’s time to collect his passport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by OGRukky: 3:09pm On Nov 03, 2020
Good afternoon house , I was just denied visitors visa to the UK even ,reason because I didn’t bring enough evidence that I will come back. The thing is I just finished Uni, and I’m waiting for NYSC my uncle who is based in the UK is my sponsor, I’m not working and I’m currently not a student, What evidence can I submit to show that I’m returning back . I’m meant to go for Christmas and come back January.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by delana(m): 4:54pm On Nov 03, 2020
Hello house, please I really your advice. I am planning to visit the UK for the purpose of writing an exam. However, I am planning to stay at a friend's place during my visit. Do I need to get a letter from my friend addressed to the embassy, it's my first time applying. Thanks in anticipation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 03, 2020
OGRukky:
Good afternoon house , I was just denied visitors visa to the UK even ,reason because I didn’t bring enough evidence that I will come back. The thing is I just finished Uni, and I’m waiting for NYSC my uncle who is based in the UK is my sponsor, I’m not working and I’m currently not a student, What evidence can I submit to show that I’m returning back . I’m meant to go for Christmas and come back January.
screenshot the refusal letter probably they will look into it

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 9:05pm On Nov 03, 2020
delana:
Hello house, please I really your advice. I am planning to visit the UK for the purpose of writing an exam. However, I am planning to stay at a friend's place during my visit. Do I need to get a letter from my friend addressed to the embassy, it's my first time applying. Thanks in anticipation
Ur accommodation is at ur friend’s place so he needs to write a letter addressing how he is happy to accommodate u at his home located at so and so place. Also he should specify the duration of ur proposed trip and any further details he may want to add in the letter. Then u can attach any house or tenancy agreements of such property.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by OGRukky: 9:06pm On Nov 03, 2020
there is no right of appeal or right to administrative review. Since I’m planning on reapplying and I’m not a student anymore or rather I haven’t collected my certificate due to COVID and I’m yet to do NYSC , I’m not working, what other stuff can I show to them that I’m coming back.
Or should i just submit my School ID even though I haven’t graduated officially
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 9:09pm On Nov 03, 2020
OGRukky:
there is no right of appeal or right to administrative review. Since I’m planning on reapplying and I’m not a student anymore or rather I haven’t collected my certificate due to COVID and I’m yet to do NYSC , I’m not working, what other stuff can I show to them that I’m coming back.
Or should i just submit my School ID even though I haven’t graduated officially
U dnt have any of such ties at the moment. Hold on till when ur circumstances change. Do not go and waste ur money
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by OBYNOWEST12(m): 9:33pm On Nov 03, 2020
Hello House,

Is it possible to get a refund for priority service if your application was not treated as priority service.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by lightest(m): 12:16am On Nov 04, 2020
LoyalRoyalty:
Please where did you self-isolate?

our house, my wife has being staying here for over a year now
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mimilyrics: 1:48am On Nov 04, 2020
The only time that you can claim to be unaware of using fake documents is when you're below 18 as you can always "claim" or attribute the mistake to your parents' or someone else who had control of your affairs.
As an adult, the onus is on you to ensure that all your application information/documents submitted are true and correct.
The period for auto-refusal is 10 years as the ban/auto refusal starts counting from the date of the last refusal based on the 320(7a) refusal even if an application is made 3 years after.
You can try to explain it though if you think that you can really prove your cousin's innocence.
Kingdessy2242:

@mimilyrics I have been reading somethings online kindly find attached

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mimilyrics: 1:53am On Nov 04, 2020
How do you prove that you're innocent in the case of a fake bank statement if the submitted statement if the bank is stating that the statement isn't from them? If it had been a refusal when the applicant was below 18, it would have still been easy to prove the applicant's innocence.

Refusals based on deception and misrepresentation are one of the hardest to prove innocence in especially when the institution that the document purportedly originated from can confirm the authenticity of the statement.
Kingdessy2242:

@mimilyrics kindly go through the rules please, maybe something positive might turn up. From what I can deduce 320 7B comes in play if you’re unable to prove that you’re innocent
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by LoyalRoyalty: 8:01am On Nov 04, 2020
lightest:

our house, my wife has being staying here for over a year now
Ok. Thanks for the info.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pheemeehan: 8:26am On Nov 04, 2020
Follow up information about my wife application, she was at TLS Ikeja to collect her passport, Visa granted with validity till June 2021.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Wales1111: 8:38am On Nov 04, 2020
pheemeehan:
Follow up information about my wife application, she was at TLS Ikeja to collect her passport, Visa granted with validity till June 2021.
congratulations bro
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Wales1111: 8:43am On Nov 04, 2020
As I prepare towards my trip next month. I intend to travel through Turkish airline 10pm on dec 6th will be arriving in the UK on dec 7th...I know alot have been said about these things I am about to ask but things change every day. Will I need PCR test which is a covid 19 test before I leave here. 2ndly the locator form has to be filled online exactly 48 hours before your flight takes off right ? And thirdly which is my final question I hope this lockdown in the UK won't affect such a trip for the 6th of December and I arrive there on the 7th. Gurus in the house pls.....I need answers thank sirs and ma'am.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Wales1111: 8:43am On Nov 04, 2020
Wales1111:
As I prepare towards my trip next month. I intend to travel through Turkish airline 10pm on dec 6th will be arriving in the UK on dec 7th...I know alot have been said about these things I am about to ask but things change every day. Will I need PCR test which is a covid 19 test before I leave here. 2ndly the locator form has to be filled online exactly 48 hours before your flight takes off right ? And thirdly which is my final question I hope this lockdown in the UK won't affect such a trip for the 6th of December and I arrive there on the 7th. Gurus in the house pls.....I need answers thank sirs and ma'am.
Giselle and the rest I beg pls answers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 9:21am On Nov 04, 2020
Wales1111:

As at now you don't need a PCR test for Turkish airline. Yes, fill the form no later than 48hrs to your flight. The lock down as at now ends 2nd Dec.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Godsblessings: 9:31am On Nov 04, 2020
iyatrustee:

If your refusal is overturned, I believe UKVI will notify on how to go drop your passport back to TLS for the visa vignette.

As for your friend, refund for cancelled visa application takes 28 working days before it reflects back in your linked account. You might be lucky to get before 28, but that is the standard wait time.
thank you for your input, it's helpful. God bless you
Do you suggest that I should go and pick up my passport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Wales1111: 9:48am On Nov 04, 2020
Nchabuomo:

As at now you don't need a PCR test for Turkish airline. Yes, fill the form no later than 48hrs to your flight. The lock down as at now ends 2nd Dec.
thanks so much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by badmanjo(m): 10:19am On Nov 04, 2020
Good day gurus, my cousin just got a refusal for her visiting visa, she's just rounding up with her 1st degree and is yet to do her convocation or NYSC, A screenshot of the refusal note is attached below.......please note the amount below was N30,000 not N3,000 as stated in the letter; it was an error on their part and could you kindly guide on the way forward. Thank you.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by delana(m): 10:30am On Nov 04, 2020
giselle237:

Ur accommodation is at ur friend’s place so he needs to write a letter addressing how he is happy to accommodate u at his home located at so and so place. Also he should specify the duration of ur proposed trip and any further details he may want to add in the letter. Then u can attach any house or tenancy agreements of such property.
Thanks a lot for the response, I still have a question, he told me his tenancy agreement expires since August but he said in it's place , I can use his bank statement which also shows his residential address. Pls is this wise because i am very new to the process . Thanks in anticipation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Chijiuba: 11:04am On Nov 04, 2020
TheExalted:

Explain your salary structure in your application and in your cover letter. Do the math and explain it clearly. 1st leg + 2nd leg=October salary, do same for each of the months affected. State clearly that covid-19 affected your company's operations hence the cash crunch that led to payment of your salary twice.

Ok thank you very much. also during the pandemic, the company credited our account on 2 occasions for data 2k and 4 k, do I need to explain this also in my cover letter? those are the only 2 credits aside from my salary that entered my account in the last 6 months.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by jargo192: 1:01pm On Nov 04, 2020
Hello House.

Please I would anyone with information as regards a financial house or sponsor for the compulsory 28days money keep for bank statement. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mimilyrics: 1:10pm On Nov 04, 2020
Can you rephrase your query? Are you asking about acceptable financial institutions or sponsors that are acceptable for Tier 4 or something else?
jargo192:
Hello House.

Please I would anyone with information as regards a financial house or sponsor for the compulsory 28days money keep for bank statement. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by jargo192: 1:50pm On Nov 04, 2020
hello no.
what i mean is I need a financial house or sponsor. Living expenses plus fees balance that must be kept in an account for 28days. I have paid my acceptance deposit.
mimilyrics:
Can you rephrase your query? Are you asking about acceptable financial institutions or sponsors that are acceptable for Tier 4 or something else?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mimilyrics: 2:09pm On Nov 04, 2020
Oh! I don't have info on this.
jargo192:
hello no.
what i mean is I need a financial house or sponsor. Living expenses plus fees balance that must be kept in an account for 28days. I have paid my acceptance deposit.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by twojul: 2:47pm On Nov 04, 2020
Hey people. Thanks to everyone who gave advice before I applied and encouraged me when I was freaking out lol. My passport just arrived today with 5 years visitors visa.

Duration and of planned visit — 1 month (I explained that 2 weeks was for quarantine)
Biometrics date — 8th October, Ikeja.
TLS email that my passport has been picked up by DHL — 2nd November.
Passport delivered to my house — 4th November

Documents I used:
Letter of admission.

Letter from my university confirming I’m still a student (I took some time off so I’ve spent longer than the years stated in my admission letter).

School ID.

Copy of my student visa expiring summer 2021 although there’s also a stamp in my passport to prove this.

Invitation letter from my friend who is a UK citizen stating where they work.

My friend’s passport data page.

First degree certificate to prove we became friends when we attended the same university.

I am staying with my friend for this trip so no hotel reservation.

6 month statement — 2.6M (My monthly upkeep money from my father accumulated cos I was in Nigeria for the lockdown and wasn’t paying bills at school. I explained this in my cover letter and the statement transactions show my dad’s name as the depositor each month and reason for deposit).

Birth certificate — I guess to prove it’s my dad who sends me monthly upkeep money.

Itinerary.

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Chijiuba: 2:56pm On Nov 04, 2020
Good day everyone, in applying to visit my dad I put 10 days holiday, Please do I need to change this to 24 days (and explain in my cover letter) to accommodate the 2 weeks Isolation or do I leave it as it is. Please your take is needed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) ... (770)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.