Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Pastor Poju Oyemade Celebrates Liverpool Victory In Church With Cake (photos) - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Pastor Poju Oyemade Celebrates Liverpool Victory In Church With Cake (photos) (37360 Views)

Victor Osuagwu Celebrates His Birthday With Fufu As Cake (Photos, Video) / Landlord The Comedian Takes His Child To Church With Tractor For Dedication (Pix / Ajibade Oyemade Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade Celebrates Liverpool Victory In Church With Cake (photos) by zoedew: 4:22pm On Jun 09, 2019
Yankee101:
This is petty

A man of God is a father, takes no side, at least not openly like this

He would appear to be oblivious of how seriously the typical Nigerian takes the FA League and football generally. I was in a restaurant recently in Nigeria and things really got steamed up when the the FA League came up for discussion. It got so bad that a young man spoke terribly rudely to a grey haired man who would have stopped at nothing to issue a destiny thwarting curse but for God’s intervention. The Gospel in the hand of Pastor Poju is bound to suffer collateral damage going forward! When he speaks the enemy is given ground to taint his message! Pastors must handle their image more carefully.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade Celebrates Liverpool Victory In Church With Cake (photos) by NobleAngell(f): 4:25pm On Jun 09, 2019
I'm not against him being a soccer fan or celebrating his club's victory but he should have done that outside the church. Keep your social life outside the church.
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade Celebrates Liverpool Victory In Church With Cake (photos) by VULCAN(m): 4:26pm On Jun 09, 2019
So unfortunate that some animals in human skin are revealing their low level of development.

What's even worse is that some of them would have done more than this for their team if only they could afford it. Bloody hypocrites

Perhaps they are angry that he was not caught with a babe from the choir. Celebrating a win that has been well over in decade in the making with fellow Liverpool fans is now a sin.

Pls if there is anything you owe your children, it is exposure so they don't disgrace themselves when they grow up.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade Celebrates Liverpool Victory In Church With Cake (photos) by Chuknovski(m): 4:30pm On Jun 09, 2019
did he win tickets
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade Celebrates Liverpool Victory In Church With Cake (photos) by ntyce(m): 4:31pm On Jun 09, 2019
doublecross:
so one can not celebrate what he likes again because he is a pastor? YOU ARE AN 1DIOT. i don't know this pastor from adams but there is no wrong in celebrating his favorite team; he is human.

And a fool like you can't pass across his point without insults....

Modern day Christian
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade Celebrates Liverpool Victory In Church With Cake (photos) by gnykelly(m): 4:34pm On Jun 09, 2019
Rednaxelot:
Nothing to say for now than saying the pastor has spent the tithe and offering to celebrate a club that doesn’t have anything to offer the church members than entertainment.

It is not everything we condemn... What they are celebrating is not against God or humanity... Let's make ourselves happy

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade Celebrates Liverpool Victory In Church With Cake (photos) by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jun 09, 2019
Dailyhappenings:
The Senior Pastor of the Covenant Christian Church has celebrated the victory of the Football club, Liverpool at the Champions League game in Church. He wrote this

"Today at our Mainland workers training I celebrated the Liverpool win with the cutting of a specially baked cake by @buttercupenterprises called up a few authentic @liverpoolfc supporters in Church."

See photos...

Source: https://www.musictori.com/2019/06/pastor-poju-oyemade-celebrates.html

L
is this one biblical too
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade Celebrates Liverpool Victory In Church With Cake (photos) by zoedew: 4:38pm On Jun 09, 2019
doublecross:
Truth is, being a Pastor demands some sacrifices chief of which is that you must, in matters where others can publicly express their feelings refrain from doing so! Ethics of Pastoring. Jer 12:10. Jer 22:22. Jer 23:1-2. It is increasingly amazing how Pastors seem to be unaware that by The Bible a Code Of Conduct exists to keep to. For instance, in a home your inclination to have a favourite amongst your children is best kept to your chest for obvious reasons. A Pastor is [/i]in loco parentis [i] and therefore must refrain from identifying with a choice amongst choices to ensure The Pulpit is not tainted with partiality. God is not a partial person. He accept all who do well! that's true sha. because in celebrating liverpools victory, fans of other club might be bitter. i haven't read the bible verses though. but if i read it and it doesn't back your claim, i will come back for you ooooo!

You’ll be welcome Sir. We can have a friendly look at The Bible together! #respect
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade Celebrates Liverpool Victory In Church With Cake (photos) by Adakintroy: 4:39pm On Jun 09, 2019
geosuzzy:
It wasn't during a church service!!! But workers meeting it more of an interactive session tho....pastors ain't spirit they are humans like me n you and have social lifes....while some pastor have turn themselves to demi god we still have pastor's like PST Poju who see's himself like every other person in the congregation and interact accordingly...its diff strokes for diff folks they say....people are quick to castigate of judge every single thing they see or hear on social media without having an in depth idea or knowledge of what's its all about...

You can celebrate this things outside the church. It's a consecrated place for God and God alone.

You will never see Muslims doing this things in mosque.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade Celebrates Liverpool Victory In Church With Cake (photos) by ndidibabe(f): 4:40pm On Jun 09, 2019
Naijaguy12345:
Misplaced priority . How many miles away from Liverpool is this pastor ? How many times did he celebrated winners of Nigeria league ?
[img]https://i./Tu6E.gif[/img]
Is it his fault that Nigeria league is boring?
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade Celebrates Liverpool Victory In Church With Cake (photos) by Samunique(m): 4:42pm On Jun 09, 2019
kernniejay:
That shouldn't be done in a place that is supposed to be a "House of God". The pastor should have hosted that celebration in his house and invite Liverpool fans to join him.
Did you read the wright up ?

Go back and read it !!!
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade Celebrates Liverpool Victory In Church With Cake (photos) by KenModi(m): 4:48pm On Jun 09, 2019
Naijaguy12345:
Misplaced priority . How many miles away from Liverpool is this pastor ? How many times did he celebrated winners of Nigeria league ?

The dumbness of Nigerians and its elites never cease to amaze me. Supporting a team that is hundreds if not thousand of miles away. Yet the local club in his community or state recieves no attention.

No wonder we marry according to the British tradition and see nothing wrong in it.

Waiting for the day white people wld do like wise. Oh! I forgot, they never will!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade Celebrates Liverpool Victory In Church With Cake (photos) by deebrain(m): 5:00pm On Jun 09, 2019
geosuzzy:
It wasn't during a church service!!! But workers meeting it more of an interactive session tho....pastors ain't spirit they are humans like me n you and have social lifes....while some pastor have turn themselves to demi god we still have pastor's like PST Poju who see's himself like every other person in the congregation and interact accordingly...its diff strokes for diff folks they say....people are quick to castigate of judge every single thing they see or hear on social media without having an in depth idea or knowledge of what's its all about...

We owe you a bottle of malt
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade Celebrates Liverpool Victory In Church With Cake (photos) by ikennahillary: 5:01pm On Jun 09, 2019
Rednaxelot:
Nothing to say for now than saying the pastor has spent the tithe and offering to celebrate a club that doesn’t have anything to offer the church members than entertainment.

You may be wrong..
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade Celebrates Liverpool Victory In Church With Cake (photos) by franksunny(m): 5:17pm On Jun 09, 2019
sexiestharam:
Why are today's pastors making mockery of Christianity? God is so merciful. What manner of rubbish is this? angry
how?
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade Celebrates Liverpool Victory In Church With Cake (photos) by EARNOLUMIDE(m): 5:29pm On Jun 09, 2019
Naso up Liverpool. JASI PASTOR grin
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade Celebrates Liverpool Victory In Church With Cake (photos) by Catastrophe1: 5:31pm On Jun 09, 2019
YNWA MAN OF GOD.
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade Celebrates Liverpool Victory In Church With Cake (photos) by Olubori33(m): 5:42pm On Jun 09, 2019
Its easy to castigate him, but he and his ministry has done more than your favorite politician

They just don't make noise about it, he is human and he has a right to support a team

He has empowered more youths than many Governors has done

He is the organizer of platform and many people already have a meaning to their life through him.

What's your problem with pastors
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade Celebrates Liverpool Victory In Church With Cake (photos) by BitmapStudios: 5:43pm On Jun 09, 2019
Naijaguy12345:
Did he celebrated bawo?
And then, would it have been okay if he celebrated Shooting Stars instead?
cool
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade Celebrates Liverpool Victory In Church With Cake (photos) by tunde233(m): 6:06pm On Jun 09, 2019
You are right. I was surprised to ask to see him via an e-mail, he was available in person. He is a humble man.
geosuzzy:
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade Celebrates Liverpool Victory In Church With Cake (photos) by doublecross(m): 6:07pm On Jun 09, 2019
zoedew:
only that Jer 23: 1-2 backs your claim to an extent. going by your claim, it means anything competitive should be despised as it will bring about disparity.

You’ll be welcome Sir. We can have a friendly look at The Bible together! #respect
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade Celebrates Liverpool Victory In Church With Cake (photos) by chibaby1985(f): 6:13pm On Jun 09, 2019
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade Celebrates Liverpool Victory In Church With Cake (photos) by Cheeryfeet: 6:21pm On Jun 09, 2019
Naijaguy12345:

Bullshit your head. Hypocrite. You how many times have you celebrated Nigeria league. As if you too you are not an European football fan. Loser
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade Celebrates Liverpool Victory In Church With Cake (photos) by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jun 09, 2019
sexiestharam:
Why are today's pastors making mockery of Christianity? God is so merciful. What manner of rubbish is this? angry

Rejoice with them that rejoice....isn't that in your bible??
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade Celebrates Liverpool Victory In Church With Cake (photos) by Ubdavis(m): 6:27pm On Jun 09, 2019
I am a staunch football lover. But this is utter nonsense...
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade Celebrates Liverpool Victory In Church With Cake (photos) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 6:41pm On Jun 09, 2019
Olukat:
Later he will shouting on how to build a local content on his talk show " The Platform"
I hope Liverpool FC board and players will come for thanksgiving sad
nigerian league is not well runned...otherwise it can be better too...u don't expect folks to invest a league where 90 percent is govt owned without due accountability...sports is business man...the South African league is bigger than some European leagues...
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade Celebrates Liverpool Victory In Church With Cake (photos) by babapressy(m): 6:48pm On Jun 09, 2019
hmmm
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade Celebrates Liverpool Victory In Church With Cake (photos) by laplace13: 7:04pm On Jun 09, 2019
This is a disrespect to Tottenham fans who are also members of the church.
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade Celebrates Liverpool Victory In Church With Cake (photos) by Sard(m): 7:15pm On Jun 09, 2019
Nigerians are funny.
You want to demystify pastorship, but you don't want them to live their lives in peace like other humans.
So, is it sinful for a pastor to play/watch/support football?
Is it wrong for a pastor to go to the cinema/fancy restaurants/any entertainment center to have fun with friends and family?

He probably has been supporting the team before he became a pastor, so he should suddenly forget about his passion for something that is entirely legitimate & not sinful?
Mind you, he didn't celebrate it during church service.
Las las, una go dey alright.
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade Celebrates Liverpool Victory In Church With Cake (photos) by mechanics(m): 8:31pm On Jun 09, 2019
Hmmmm, bringing worldliness into the church.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jodrey: I'm Used To Female Attraction - Mr Ideal Nigeria 2020 Winner (Photos) / Who Did This To Davido? / Tonto Dikeh And Andre Omodayo Churchill, Her Son, Stun In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.