Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,117 members, 7,821,829 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Oyo Overtakes Edo, Tops In Girls Trafficking In Nigeria – Immigration - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Oyo Overtakes Edo, Tops In Girls Trafficking In Nigeria – Immigration (1036 Views)

FG Reacts To Execution Of Nigerians Over Drug Trafficking In Saudi Arabia / Pastor Timothy Omotoso On Trial For Human Trafficking In South Africa. Photos / Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyo Overtakes Edo, Tops In Girls Trafficking In Nigeria – Immigration by Nobody: 9:57am On Jun 09, 2019
The Nigerian Immigration Service, NIS, on Saturday, lamented the high rate of human trafficking in Oyo State, saying Oyo has overtaken Edo State which was hot spot for human trafficking before now. Assistant Comptroller, Anti Human Trafficking and Child Labour unit of the Nigerian Immigration Service, Foluso Akintola, who spoke at a book reading, written by Mr. Olusegun Adeniyi, the Chairman Editorial Board of the Thisday Newspaper, entitled: ‘From frying pan to Fire’ held at the Booksellers Limited, Ibadan, said Nigeria was the only country that serves as source, transit and destination for trafficking

Akintola, who said 464 victims were rescued in the state between January 2016 and May 2019, noted that the social vices is becoming rampant in Oyo State because there was no attention on human trafficking in the state, unlike Edo State where government and traditional rulers were paying attention to the menace. He said: “The Immigration service in Oyo State has rescued several children of ages between 6 and 10 years. These are gross minors while many minors of less than 18 years old have equally been rescued in lbadan and its environs.
These are mostly used as house-helps, shop attendants and vendors/hawkers. “In 2016, we rescued 134 victims and arrested 38 traffickers, 107 end-users with 11 victims, 4 traffickers processed to NAPTIP. “In 2017, 139 victims were rescued, 1 trafficker and 1 end-user were arrested and processed to NAPTIP. “In 2018, 163 victims, 27 traffickers arrested while 1 victim and 1 trafficker were processed to NAPTIP. “In the first quarter of this year 2019 between January and May, 28 victims have been rescued, 8 traffickers with 12 end-users arrested. “Occurrences of these businesses are more prominent in Oyo, Edo and Delta states of Nigeria. “They are now a major national problem for Nigeria. The fear in Nigeria of sudden disappearance of children and adults to migration and human trafficking is real and palpable. “The problems posed by these issues have far-reaching effects on Nigerian’s image to the outside world. Recent media reports tend to portray Nigeria as a major hub for illicit movements of persons. “Italy used to be the destination of most trafficked victims from Nigeria but with high mortality rate on the desert and the Meditaranian Sea in Lampadusa, the traffickers tend to have changed destination to the Arab world,” he said.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/oyo-overtakes-edo-tops-in-girls-trafficking-in-nigeria-immigration.html
Re: Oyo Overtakes Edo, Tops In Girls Trafficking In Nigeria – Immigration by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 09, 2019
God bless the oba of Benin
God bless obaseki.

The evil stereotype is finally coming to an end, you can't engaged it debate without them saying Edo are prostitute. Thank God obaseki tried and still Trying to stop it.

The menace has stopped in Edo State because of oba curse(they fear it more than death).

cheesy Yoruba's should start answering land of ashawos

6 Likes

Re: Oyo Overtakes Edo, Tops In Girls Trafficking In Nigeria – Immigration by SLAP44: 10:03am On Jun 09, 2019
grin
Re: Oyo Overtakes Edo, Tops In Girls Trafficking In Nigeria – Immigration by Born2Breed(f): 10:04am On Jun 09, 2019
Its was assumption from the onset that Edo leads in female o

1 Like

Re: Oyo Overtakes Edo, Tops In Girls Trafficking In Nigeria – Immigration by OfficialAPCNig: 10:06am On Jun 09, 2019
First position: Yahoo yahoo First position: skull mining First position: open defeacation First position: thuggery and agbero Second position: Almajiri Second position: cultism
Now, they have taken their rightful place in child trafficking.

5 Likes

Re: Oyo Overtakes Edo, Tops In Girls Trafficking In Nigeria – Immigration by amaniro: 10:06am On Jun 09, 2019
Somepeople might blame Makinde.
Re: Oyo Overtakes Edo, Tops In Girls Trafficking In Nigeria – Immigration by Davash222(m): 10:11am On Jun 09, 2019
Afonja, shey una see una life

1 Like

Re: Oyo Overtakes Edo, Tops In Girls Trafficking In Nigeria – Immigration by Unlimitk(m): 10:19am On Jun 09, 2019
Igbobyblood:
God bless the oba of Benin
God bless obaseki.

The evil stereotype is finally coming to an end, you can't engaged it debate without them saying Edo are prostitute. Thank God obaseki tried and still Trying to stop it.

The menace has stopped in Edo State because of oba curse(they fear it more than death).

cheesy Yoruba's should start answering land of ashawos
He didn't say they are used for prostitution like your Edo sisters
But I've seen a news where an Oyo girl was found in kano as househelp
I suspect oke ogun of Oyo state or simply northern Oyo state
This northern Oyo state has some of d worst poverty rate,they dress like Hausa ppl,islam is too much there apart from ogbomosho all northern Oyo state is a cesspit with nothing but Islamic preachers and fulani herdsmen living there
Most of those smuggled end up as house help in kano or Kaduna,or in Arab countries
I've seen this myself many times

4 Likes

Re: Oyo Overtakes Edo, Tops In Girls Trafficking In Nigeria – Immigration by Xisnin(m): 10:22am On Jun 09, 2019
Trafficking for what purpose and to where?
Useless report.
Re: Oyo Overtakes Edo, Tops In Girls Trafficking In Nigeria – Immigration by Unlimitk(m): 10:25am On Jun 09, 2019
Oyo state is also behind kano in out of school children
Oyo state has 600,000 children out of school,northern oyo state is no different to kano jigawa
In waec ranking oyo state was behind borno state,osun was even worse
Oyo north has become a cesspit
seyi makinde should look into oyo state case,because they are trying to become northerners

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Overtakes Edo, Tops In Girls Trafficking In Nigeria – Immigration by TooMuchStuff: 10:26am On Jun 09, 2019
Another one from BuhariApC ....

The headslamming come to town it erodes anything good that ever existed and get it replaced with everything evil... !
Re: Oyo Overtakes Edo, Tops In Girls Trafficking In Nigeria – Immigration by simonlee(m): 10:29am On Jun 09, 2019
Unlimitk:
Oyo state has 600,000 children out of school,northern oyo state is no different to kano jigawa
In waec ranking oyo state was behind borno state,osun was even was
seyi makinde should look into oyo state case,because they are trying to become northerners
Shut up!
Kano has 3million almajiris

1 Like

Re: Oyo Overtakes Edo, Tops In Girls Trafficking In Nigeria – Immigration by simonlee(m): 10:30am On Jun 09, 2019
amaniro:
Somepeople might blame Makinde.
Makinde be like... E mi?

1 Like

Re: Oyo Overtakes Edo, Tops In Girls Trafficking In Nigeria – Immigration by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 09, 2019
Can any good thing come out of Oyo?
Re: Oyo Overtakes Edo, Tops In Girls Trafficking In Nigeria – Immigration by Nbote(m): 10:48am On Jun 09, 2019
Unlimitk:

He didn't say they are used for prostitution like your Edo sisters
But I've seen a news where an Oyo girl was found in kano as househelp
I suspect oke ogun of Oyo state or simply northern Oyo state
This northern Oyo state has some of d worst poverty rate,they dress like Hausa ppl,islam is too much there apart from ogbomosho all northern Oyo state is a cesspit with nothing but Islamic preachers and fulani herdsmen living there
Most of those smuggled end up as house help in kano or Kaduna,or in Arab countries
I've seen this myself many times
Unlimitk:

Oh there is now a northern Oyo abi? Becos d report is legit una don divide Oyo state.. Egbon Oyo is Oyo and we have neva heard about Northern Oyo before...

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Overtakes Edo, Tops In Girls Trafficking In Nigeria – Immigration by Nobody: 10:49am On Jun 09, 2019
Unlimitk:

LMAO
What of those using children to beg in Anambra
Abi those ones that produce babies in imo
Re: Oyo Overtakes Edo, Tops In Girls Trafficking In Nigeria – Immigration by Nobody: 10:54am On Jun 09, 2019
Xisnin:
Trafficking for what purpose and to where?
Useless report.

You don't know ipob
Always looking for Yoruba matter
Forgetting that lot of their sister pussy is Italy looking for a way to come back
Re: Oyo Overtakes Edo, Tops In Girls Trafficking In Nigeria – Immigration by orion7: 10:55am On Jun 09, 2019
sarrki come and see your sisters linning up to go and do ashewogrin
Re: Oyo Overtakes Edo, Tops In Girls Trafficking In Nigeria – Immigration by Unlimitk(m): 10:56am On Jun 09, 2019
sankout:

LMAO
What of those using children to beg in Anambra
Abi those ones that produce babies in imo
See I'm Yoruba, but sometimes I use my brains and dont defend stupidity
Oyo is retrogressing and going backward
Don't compare oyo to anambra again
Nothing is special in oyo other than Ibadan and ogbomosho
Oyo should be split into four
Landmass of oyo is too much
Northern state of oyo right now is not good at all
Pls let's face reality sometimes

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Overtakes Edo, Tops In Girls Trafficking In Nigeria – Immigration by Unlimitk(m): 10:58am On Jun 09, 2019
Nbote:

Oh there is now a northern Oyo abi? Becos d report is legit una don divide Oyo state.. Egbon Oyo is Oyo and we have neva heard about Northern Oyo before...
There is a reason y I put it like that
U may not understand
Re: Oyo Overtakes Edo, Tops In Girls Trafficking In Nigeria – Immigration by MONIKERREVEALER: 11:02am On Jun 09, 2019
you are the first decent, responsible and truthful oyoruba man I have encountered here on nairaland!!!

its time you oyorubas had an honest in-house deliberation on where exactly your tribe is headed!!!

you guys cannot continue to sweep under the carpet the glaring retrogression your land is undergoing under the ever increasing islamist influence on your society and culture!!!

the only way to checkmate this negative trend is to pull out of zoogeria right now!!!

pull out and completely wall off your borders with the north!!!

make no mistake, there is a stealth jihad going on!!!

the fulanis conquered ilorin by force of arms but this time around, they are conquering more of your lands, not by war, rather by acculturization!!!

the fulanis have no other culture than islamism!!!

you guys had better team up with the rest of the south and resurrect the southern protectorate!!!

after we are separated from the shiithole then we can either come to a consensus on living together or very amicably go our different ways!!!

quit flogging the dead horse of "one nigeria"!!!

there can never be peace without justice!!!

the time to act is NOW!!!

the international interventionist invaders are soon coming to the shiithole to tear zoogeria to pieces and we, the great easterners, are SOO gone from the shiithole ASAP, AMEN!!!

Unlimitk:
Re: Oyo Overtakes Edo, Tops In Girls Trafficking In Nigeria – Immigration by Unlimitk(m): 11:09am On Jun 09, 2019
MONIKERREVEALER:
you are the first decent, responsible and truthful oyoruba man I have encountered here on nairaland!!!

its time you oyorubas had an honest in-house deliberation on where exactly your tribe is headed!!!

you guys cannot continue to sweep under the carpet the glaring retrogression your land is undergoing under the ever increasing islamist influence on your society and culture!!!

the only way to checkmate this negative trend is to pull out of zoogeria right now!!!

pull out and completely wall of your borders with the north!!!

make no mistake, there is a stealth jihad going on!!!

the fulanis conquered ilorin by force of arms but this time around, they are conquering more of your lands not by war, rather by acculturization!!!

the fulanis have no other culture than islamism!!!

you guys had better team up with the rest of the south and resurrect the southern protectorate!!!

after we are separated from the shiithole then we can either come to a concensus on living together or very amicably go our different ways!!!

quit flogging the dead horse of "one nigeria"!!!

their can never be peace without justice!!!

the time to act is NOW!!!

the international interventionist invaders are soon coming to the shiithole to tear zoogeria to pieces and we, the great easterners, are SOO gone from the shiithole ASAP, AMEN!!!

Lol I know all this
I'm just getting afraid everyday what's happening in Yoruba land
I will defend Yorubas, that's for sure
But I can't defend stupidity
I'm just praying for eastern yoruba land to form
Ekiti ondo ijesha- Ife in osun state and kogi west
Because this region will have one shared goal
But a yoruba region with Iwo osogbo ilorin offa kishi jebba is a no no for me
I speak my mind
I'm not a sheep, I don't follow d crowd
Re: Oyo Overtakes Edo, Tops In Girls Trafficking In Nigeria – Immigration by richmind2019(m): 11:09am On Jun 09, 2019
oyo again.,thank God this type of news does nt exist in south south
Re: Oyo Overtakes Edo, Tops In Girls Trafficking In Nigeria – Immigration by mightyhaze: 11:10am On Jun 09, 2019
wawu,...

congrats ndi oyo kiss

Re: Oyo Overtakes Edo, Tops In Girls Trafficking In Nigeria – Immigration by richmind2019(m): 11:11am On Jun 09, 2019
oyo again..thank god this type of news does nt exist in south south
Re: Oyo Overtakes Edo, Tops In Girls Trafficking In Nigeria – Immigration by Xisnin(m): 11:15am On Jun 09, 2019
sankout:

You don't know ipob
Always looking for Yoruba matter
Forgetting that lot of their sister pussy is Italy looking for a way to come back

I was demanding for proper statistics not trying to start a tribal war.
Re: Oyo Overtakes Edo, Tops In Girls Trafficking In Nigeria – Immigration by Nobody: 11:21am On Jun 09, 2019
Xisnin:

I was demanding for proper statistics not trying to start a tribal war.

Nigeria and statistics
When it is not BBC report
First of all
When, Where did it happen
Re: Oyo Overtakes Edo, Tops In Girls Trafficking In Nigeria – Immigration by MONIKERREVEALER: 11:22am On Jun 09, 2019
we biafrans are most ready and willing to accept the Christian majority areas of oyorubaland (ekiti, large portion of ondo, Christian edo etc), ONLY if you guys are interested, into our judeo-christian republic of biafra!!!

as majority Christians, we are our brother's keeper and we will not leave our oyoruba Christian brothers alone in the lurch!!!

the more Christians in biafra, the merrier!!!

Unlimitk:

Lol I know all this
I'm just getting afraid everyday what's happening in Yoruba land
I will defend Yorubas, that's for sure
But I can't defend stupidity
I'm just praying for eastern yoruba land to form
Ekiti ondo ijesha- Ife in osun state and kogi west
Because this region will have one shared goal
But a yoruba region with Iwo osogbo ilorin offa kishi jebba is a no no for me
I speak my mind
I'm not a sheep, I don't follow d crowd
Re: Oyo Overtakes Edo, Tops In Girls Trafficking In Nigeria – Immigration by spinna: 11:24am On Jun 09, 2019
Very simple, make Nigeria conducive for the youth. Give us the lifestyle and amenities of Asia not even Europe and watch the nation thrive. But steal steal no go gree una, and poverty stricken people are easy to manipulate.
Re: Oyo Overtakes Edo, Tops In Girls Trafficking In Nigeria – Immigration by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 09, 2019
MONIKERREVEALER:
we biafrans are most ready and willing to accept the Christian majority areas of oyorubaland (ekiti, large portion of ondo, Christian edo etc), ONLY if you guys are interested, into our judeo-christian republic of biafra!!!

as majority Christians, we are our brother's keeper and we will not leave our oyoruba Christian brothers alone in the lurch!!!

just shut up already
Re: Oyo Overtakes Edo, Tops In Girls Trafficking In Nigeria – Immigration by Unlimitk(m): 11:29am On Jun 09, 2019
MONIKERREVEALER:

No, thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gunmen Kill Popular Supermarket Owner In Nsukka (Photo) / Re: CCTV Cameras Ready To Install At Lekki Phase 1 / Three Kidnapped Victims Killed Their Abductor In Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.