Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,970 members, 7,814,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

Ifa Spiritual System Is Not A Source Of Magic, Superstition And Lies... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ifa Spiritual System Is Not A Source Of Magic, Superstition And Lies... (2435 Views)

Freethinkers How Do You Manage Living In A Country That Believes In Superstition / IFA: Spiritual Materials Shops In Brazil(photos, Videos) / DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ifa Spiritual System Is Not A Source Of Magic, Superstition And Lies... by vaxx: 3:10pm On Jun 09, 2019
I created this page to counter the lies going on this section by one guy who called himself orunmila .he is propagating lies and propaganda. Using the name of Orisa as a source of validation to dish out superstitious magic spells, fortune telling, and ritual. I wonder why no one is speaking out against it.

The true value of ifa spiritual system is a logically-based spirituality of the mind and the universe.

Now let me list what people are continually misunderstanding :

Esu( pls esu is not a trickster, there is no "trickster" god in Orisa spirituality. He is a symbol of the choices WE make at the crossroads, he does not make any choices for us.

witches. There is no such thing as magic spells. Rituals have no power if you don't understand the symbolism of the elements being used. In this way, the symbolism can have power in cultivating divine psychology, but this is not magic. Most importantly, the orisa are not spirits running around outside of you that you pray to or placate. They are parts of your existence that you nourish like you nourish the organs of your body for good health.

I shall update this later.. ..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifa Spiritual System Is Not A Source Of Magic, Superstition And Lies... by vaxx: 3:33pm On Jun 09, 2019
The Odu Ifa( it is a sacred scripture intended to provide wisdom about the 256 conflicts that occur in life. In this way, it does provide solutions. However, specific yes or no answers to unique questions such as should I marry this person, take this job, etc, are not determined through divination; they are deciphered from analyzing the Odu Ifa, which has been available for a while now, which has right teachings about situations which will help you determine the right move.

sacrifices or ebo riru ( it is what decision you need to make in your life. This is far more real than ritual sacrifices told to you by a diviner; it is here that you remove aspects of your life that are holding you back from moving forward. You determine this from meditation on truth, not an oracle.

THE TRUTH OF ALL SITUATIONS LIVES IN OUR HEARTS, NOT IN A BOOK, PRIEST, OR ORACLE. YOU ALWAYS HAVE ACCESS TO IT. YOU KNOW IT WHEN YOU FEEL IT. THIS TRUTH IS YOUR CONSCIENCE, IT IS THE VOICE OF GOD LIVING IN YOUR BEING.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ifa Spiritual System Is Not A Source Of Magic, Superstition And Lies... by CodeTemplar: 3:39pm On Jun 09, 2019
These lie lie people again. All those Ifa and stuff all fall under satanic or dark power powered expoits.

1 Like

Re: Ifa Spiritual System Is Not A Source Of Magic, Superstition And Lies... by vaxx: 3:41pm On Jun 09, 2019
CodeTemplar:
These lie lie people again. All those Ifa and stuff all fall under satanic or dark power powered expoits.
i need those who used their brain and not their brainwashed mind.....

2 Likes

Re: Ifa Spiritual System Is Not A Source Of Magic, Superstition And Lies... by vaxx: 3:46pm On Jun 09, 2019
Now A thought to those who apply critical thinking

If a shell or nut could tell you what decisions to make, then why haven't we made the right decisions to become a powerful race again as afrika? This is because good decision making doesn't come from divination, it comes from long term experience and insightful analysis in juxtaposition with the teachings of the Odu Ifa.

Alas, it is because we have neglected using strategic moves based on critical analysis of our predicament that we have not elevated out of it. We don't need to practice "witchcraft" and "magic spells," we need to train a race of physicists and engineers, that's the "magic." We understand Olodumare not through mystifying Him, but by studying him through the science of his patterns in nature: chemistry, biology, etc.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ifa Spiritual System Is Not A Source Of Magic, Superstition And Lies... by budaatum: 3:51pm On Jun 09, 2019
Welcome back vaxx.

Disbelieve and Know!

1 Like

Re: Ifa Spiritual System Is Not A Source Of Magic, Superstition And Lies... by vaxx: 4:37pm On Jun 09, 2019
""The teacher who is indeed wise does not bid you to enter the house of his wisdom but rather leads you to the threshold of your mind"".
Khalil Gibran

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifa Spiritual System Is Not A Source Of Magic, Superstition And Lies... by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 09, 2019
I applaud your perspective Vaxx, although I do not subscribe to it entirely. Great thread, keep it going

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifa Spiritual System Is Not A Source Of Magic, Superstition And Lies... by CodeTemplar: 5:19pm On Jun 09, 2019
vaxx:
Mr brain user use your mind.
Re: Ifa Spiritual System Is Not A Source Of Magic, Superstition And Lies... by vaxx: 5:28pm On Jun 09, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Mr brain user use your mind.
SHOULD I called you mental slave agent or colonized slave? Which one is more preferable?
Re: Ifa Spiritual System Is Not A Source Of Magic, Superstition And Lies... by CodeTemplar: 5:30pm On Jun 09, 2019
vaxx:
SHOULD I called you mental slave agent or colonized slave? Which one is more preferable?
Whichever one suits your lies.
Re: Ifa Spiritual System Is Not A Source Of Magic, Superstition And Lies... by vaxx: 5:35pm On Jun 09, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Whichever one suits your lies.
who promote more lies here. You, your bible or your pastor or europoid religion you subscribed to? Anyway colonized slave fit you better.

1 Like

Re: Ifa Spiritual System Is Not A Source Of Magic, Superstition And Lies... by correctguy101(m): 6:42pm On Jun 09, 2019
vaxx:
I created this page to counter the lies going on this section by one guy who called himself orunmila .he is propagating lies and propaganda. Using the name of Orisa as a source of validation to dish out superstitious magic spells, fortune telling, and ritual. I wonder why no one is speaking out against it.

The true value of ifa spiritual system is a logically-based spirituality of the mind and the universe.

Now let me list what people are continually misunderstanding :

Esu( pls esu is not a trickster, there is no "trickster" god in Orisa spirituality. He is a symbol of the choices WE make at the crossroads, he does not make any choices for us.

witches. There is no such thing as magic spells. Rituals have no power if you don't understand the symbolism of the elements being used. In this way, the symbolism can have power in cultivating divine psychology, but this is not magic. Most importantly, the orisa are not spirits running around outside of you that you pray to or placate. They are parts of your existence that you nourish like you nourish the organs of your body for good health.

This vaxx sef, just ignore some kinda comments na.. ...

On the bolded, could you shed more light on those?

Especially, the "there's no such thiing as magic spells, and cultivating divine philosophy".

And please help me understand why you say rituals don't work and theres been numerous cases of ritual related crimes in the country....

Leave dat guy and answer better person jor

1 Like

Re: Ifa Spiritual System Is Not A Source Of Magic, Superstition And Lies... by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jun 09, 2019
vaxx:

Now let me list what people are continually

Good job....

1 Like

Re: Ifa Spiritual System Is Not A Source Of Magic, Superstition And Lies... by vaxx: 7:51pm On Jun 09, 2019
correctguy101:

On the bolded, could you shed more light on those?

Especially, the "there's no such thiing as magic spells, and cultivating divine philosophy".

And please help me understand why you say rituals don't work and theres been numerous cases of ritual related crimes in the country

Leave dat guy and answer better person jor

on the matter of divine philosophy...

Ifa is the Wisdom of Olodumaré as a way of life. It must be practiced in every thing you do To be an aborisa (avatar of orisha), you have to LIVE IT.

A true devotee of the orisa exposes their devotion in the name they give themselves, in the clothes they cover their sacred bodies with, in the language they communicate to their community with, in the food they nourish their bodies with, in the values they organize their society with, in the tools they educate their children with, the places they chose to gather in, the medicine they heal their bodies with, and the ancestral wisdom they empower their minds with. You must be so full of Ifa, that you bleed Ifa.

On the matter of magic.

Orunmila's teaches are explicit that the only "witchcraft" that exists is psychological. This is powerful if you are susceptible but it is not actually witchcraft. They caste spells on you thru your psychology by exposing you to self-destructive images meant to subliminally induce fear and panic. This is why you should control the images you let people expose you to (especially from the media and their school system). This is the only way they enter your mind and influence you; not "witchcraft."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ifa Spiritual System Is Not A Source Of Magic, Superstition And Lies... by budaatum: 8:00pm On Jun 09, 2019
correctguy101:

Please! Or you would be feeding those whose bellies are full and be starving the hungry for the information you dispense.
Re: Ifa Spiritual System Is Not A Source Of Magic, Superstition And Lies... by correctguy101(m): 9:15pm On Jun 09, 2019
budaatum:

Please! Or you would be feeding those whose bellies are full and be starving the hungry for the information you dispense.

The ears and eyes will forever not get full, not even the belly
Any feeling of 'satiation' is but a passing dream.

I'm always hungry,,,,,,

Greetimgs buda

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifa Spiritual System Is Not A Source Of Magic, Superstition And Lies... by budaatum: 9:18pm On Jun 09, 2019
correctguy101:

The ears and eyes will forever not get full, not even the belly
Any feeling of 'satiation' is but a passing dream.

I'm always hungry,,,,,,

Greetings buda

Greetings my very Correct Guy.
May we always hunger.

1 Like

Re: Ifa Spiritual System Is Not A Source Of Magic, Superstition And Lies... by CodeTemplar: 9:18pm On Jun 09, 2019
vaxx:
who promote more lies here. You, your bible or your pastor or europoid religion you subscribed to? Anyway colonized slave fit you better.
Before you derail this into a personal warfare against me, I like to ask, why the traditional system and their gods or gods of the land couldn't inspire victory against the white man in their own backyard when it was being colonized?
Why lose the battle to an "inferior" religion?
Re: Ifa Spiritual System Is Not A Source Of Magic, Superstition And Lies... by CodeTemplar: 9:28pm On Jun 09, 2019
budaatum:

Greetings my very Correct Guy.
May we always hunger.
hunger after a God with results. Look at our political system today. Filled with idol worshippers and we are bad for it.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ifa Spiritual System Is Not A Source Of Magic, Superstition And Lies... by budaatum: 9:33pm On Jun 09, 2019
CodeTemplar:

hunger after a God with results. Look at our political system today. Filled with idol worshippers and we are bad for it.
They stand at the gates eating crumbs while the rich are in their castle eating honey!
Re: Ifa Spiritual System Is Not A Source Of Magic, Superstition And Lies... by correctguy101(m): 6:26am On Jun 10, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Before you derail this into a personal warfare against me, I like to ask, why the traditional system and their gods or gods of the land couldn't inspire victory against the white man in their own backyard when it was being colonized?

Same old problem I belive vaxx is trying to open your minds to.

Africans of old failed in recogmising the symbolism left to them by the ancients, abandoned the comprehensions behind these symbols (to the extent that foreigners had to come interprete these symbols to them) and subscribed to fantasies of 'leave it all to the gods' and got lost in such 'relaxation'.

But I tell you truly, even the gods are busy and can't be bothered with any race who cam't make weappons to protect their own lamd, Not especially when they're still too laxy to plan.

Superior Weappons Win Wars, Not Gods or is it safe to say Weapons are ods?

Just too lazy to be bothered about religious arguments these days, I get tired easily jare grin

Just share your views if you're willing, who go hia go hia, inugo?

2 Likes

Re: Ifa Spiritual System Is Not A Source Of Magic, Superstition And Lies... by vaxx: 8:49am On Jun 10, 2019
CodeTemplar:

The son which is a created from father and the ghost we have 3 in one human being who is also physical and created. So you dont see that as classic idol worship.
Re: Ifa Spiritual System Is Not A Source Of Magic, Superstition And Lies... by vaxx: 9:07am On Jun 10, 2019
CodeTemplar:
same way Christianity conquered European paganism(militaristic and marketing strategy in the name of missionary) so was Spain and Portugal a complete Christian country turning to Islamic province under the leadership and governorship of islam for noting less than 1000 years...... So what is the big deal?

And if you must know, african spirituality particularly ifa spirituality is growing, Venezuela in southern America just recently launched a dedicated holiday to honour ifa celibration.

Some mullato and white group had launched a building dedicated to ijo orunmila ( the religion of orunmila) which aim to spread ifa spirituality.

Ifa will not campaign itself, the nature will campaign for her.
Re: Ifa Spiritual System Is Not A Source Of Magic, Superstition And Lies... by triplechoice(m): 12:57pm On Jun 10, 2019
vaxx:

Ifa is the Wisdom of Olodumaré as a way of life. It must be practiced in every thing you do To be an aborisa (avatar of orisha), you have to LIVE IT.

A true devotee of the orisa exposes their devotion in the name they give themselves, in the clothes they cover their sacred bodies with, in the language they communicate to their community with, in the food they nourish their bodies with, in the values they organize their society with, in the tools they educate their children with, the places they chose to gather in, the medicine they heal their bodies with, and the ancestral wisdom they empower their minds with. You must be so full of Ifa, that you bleed Ifa.

On the matter of magic.

Orunmila's teaches are explicit that the only "witchcraft" that exists is psychological. This is powerful if you are susceptible but it is not actually witchcraft. They caste spells on you thru your psychology by exposing you to self-destructive images meant to subliminally induce fear and panic. This is why you should control the images you let people expose you to (especially from the media and their school system). This is the only way they enter your mind and influence you; not "witchcraft."

I think it would be difficult for those who have come to see witchcraft as real to accept it is psychological manipulation

I also doubt if your post would make any sense to such persons. Your explanations are way beyond what most people in this environment can comprehend and accept . What they know about witchcraft comes from the misinformation and lies peddled by those masquerading as men of God and some fraudsters claiming to be spiriitualist

There was a time I was almost a victim of such manipulation but for a knowledgeable man I ran to who had a perfect understanding of what I was experiencing then, I am sure I would have been undone by it. He made me to see that it was not real. Although, initially I found difficult to accept his simple explanation but some days later the realization of the truth of what he told me dawned on me and the experience ended just as it came

Since that time, more than twenty years ago I have been avoiding any environment that would expose me to such experience. These include Churches, spiritualist, and superstitious people. They really do not know the problems they may have created or are creating for some persons

People have been left mentally confused some have committed suicide or contemplating it. Once an individual comes to fully accept that he or she is under witchcraft attack and believes it is real, the 'nightmare' would not end if their is no way to understand what is actually happening. Going to prayers houses and meeting people who lack understanding would only help to reinforce the illusion.

1 Like

Re: Ifa Spiritual System Is Not A Source Of Magic, Superstition And Lies... by vaxx: 2:12pm On Jun 10, 2019
triplechoice:

I think it would be difficult for those who have come to see witchcraft as real to accept it is psychological manipulation

I also doubt if your post would make any sense to such persons. Your explanations are way beyond what most people in this environment can comprehend and accept . What they know about witchcraft comes from the misinformation and lies peddled by those masquerading as men of God and some fraudsters claiming to be spiriitualist

There was a time I was almost a victim of such manipulation but for a knowledgeable man I ran to who had a perfect understanding of what I was experiencing then, I am sure I would have been undone by it. He made me to see that it was not real. Although, initially I found difficult to accept his simple explanation but some days later the realization of the truth of what he told me dawned on me and the experience ended just as it came

Since that time, more than twenty years ago I have been avoiding any environment that would expose me to such experience. These include Churches, spiritualist, and superstitious people. They really do not know the problems they may have created or are creating for some persons

People have been left mentally confused some have committed suicide or contemplating it. Once an individual comes to fully accept that he or she is under witchcraft attack and believes it is real, the 'nightmare' would not end if their is no way to understand what is actually happening. Going to prayers houses and meeting people who lack understanding would only help to reinforce the illusion.

So disheartening. But this is true, and in all honest, There is no such thing as witchcraft or magic spells. We can see the dangers of believing in such things. It is obvious, in the Democraric rebublic of Congo for instance, many several children have undergone exorcism due to Christian pastors claiming that the children are witches and that a ceremony must take place which cost the parents around fifty U.S. dollars each (which is 1/3 of a year's income for most). The children are then tortured, often with hot candles leaving burn marks for life, not to mention the psychological damage. This was well documented by various international news channels at the beginning of the decade.

What we see immediately in the videos is that though they are using the Christian framework, the ceremony, customs, and psychology originate from the local indigenous superstitions. What we also see is that there is a combination of physical damages to children and hefty financial exploitation of the naive.

The Christian, Muslim and the fake traditionalist propagating this concept are automatically creating a fearful population that will hurt anyone (including children) they see as a source of this and pay anyone they believe can save them from this.

Just watch the brutish character of this so called ""God of men""

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzM2f5eTe38

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ifa Spiritual System Is Not A Source Of Magic, Superstition And Lies... by dazzlingd(m): 2:35pm On Jun 10, 2019
vaxx:
Brutality

1 Like

Re: Ifa Spiritual System Is Not A Source Of Magic, Superstition And Lies... by kkins25(m): 12:46pm On Jul 10, 2019
vaxx:

On the matter of magic.

@bolded, greetings vaax, im particularly interested in the witch craft controversy. even though nollywood has done a great job of polluting the whole thing,but are you saying witches cannot place hexes(as called by western witches) on another person? casting spell on someone is somrthing renowned in western magic and supposedly african magic. we have seen pastors and priests reveal stuff like "your aunt has locked up your destiny" etc. how does all this work?
Re: Ifa Spiritual System Is Not A Source Of Magic, Superstition And Lies... by vaxx: 8:01am On Jul 11, 2019
kkins25:
@bolded, greetings vaax, im particularly interested in the witch craft controversy. even though nollywood has done a great job of polluting the whole thing,but are you saying witches cannot place hexes(as called by western witches) on another person? casting spell on someone is somrthing renowned in western magic and supposedly african magic. we have seen pastors and priests reveal stuff like "your aunt has locked up your destiny" etc. how does all this work?
Yes, spell can be casted on a victim but thru self disructive image and brainwashing techniques.. And this is why we need to be careful of any images or info that meant to subliminally induce fear and panic in us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ifa Spiritual System Is Not A Source Of Magic, Superstition And Lies... by Nostradamus: 9:07am On Jul 11, 2019
vaxx:
Yes, spell can be casted on a victim but thru self disructive image and brainwashing techniques.. And this is why we need to be careful of any images or info that meant to subliminally induce fear and panic in us.
self destructive image??

Explain more on that please?what's a self destructive image??
Re: Ifa Spiritual System Is Not A Source Of Magic, Superstition And Lies... by vaxx: 1:18pm On Jul 11, 2019
Nostradamus:
self destructive image??

Explain more on that please?what's a self destructive image??
first, let's understand self image. self image is your perception, the mental picture of yourself, your outer experience, Your ability.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-image

self disructive image is simply your negativity toward this aforementioned reality.

remember to read about poor self image too on the same Wikipedia page.
Re: Ifa Spiritual System Is Not A Source Of Magic, Superstition And Lies... by Nostradamus: 2:48pm On Jul 11, 2019
vaxx:
first, let's understand self image. self image is your perception, the mental picture of yourself, your outer experience, Your ability.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-image

self disructive image is simply your negativity toward this aforementioned reality.

remember to read about poor self image too on the same Wikipedia page.
ok,now I understand.thanks for this...

This means for witchcraft to be effective against a person,the victim himself has a part to play.i.e he/she must have a poor self image of himself. Witchcraft won't be effective against a confident person with the right perception?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor Joe Anwuzia Recovers From Kidney Failure / Religious Apostasy And The Death Penalty / Debunking The Christian Belief On The Sanctity Of Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.