Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,474 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. (50801 Views)

My NYSC Experience In Kano: One Year Of Joy, Challenges, Tears And Victory / Corper Azeez Shittu Olalekan Missing In Jigawa After Their Bus Was Robbed / Lanre Amu: ‘My NYSC Experience At 54' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by tyup(m): 6:13am On Jun 14, 2019
amaniro:
Everybody is now serving in Jigawa state

Lol grin grin
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by mcjohny(m): 6:16am On Jun 14, 2019
Etimocracy:
Being in school everyday for me could be likened to eating a delicious meal everyday. I was behind my desk one afternoon (I think it was a Wednesday) marking test scripts when a male student walked into my office to give me yet another shocking yet enthralling moment of my existence. You wanna find out, then just stay glued!
Good afternoon Mallam, he said, I responded with a smile, thus he proceeded. "I am inviting you to my wedding ceremony next week" he finally let the cat out of the bag. I immediately let go of my pen and for the first time looked up to really see the young fellow who stood before me talking about marriage. I had to be sure of what I heard, so, I asked him to repeat he just said which he did. There was no vacillation in his speech and I was pretty sure I didn't hear whisperings from the gods either. By my estimate, the boy wouldn't exceed 17 years of age at the time. I was stunned. I asked of his class, he replied JSS2. He came bearing gifts. I accepted the sweet candies he brought me as invitation gifts since it would have been outrightly rude not to do so. Furthermore, before I set him on his way, I instructed him to make sure he introduced me to his wife to be to give my blessings as his teacher. He agreed and left. About two hours later, some primary school pupils mostly females entered my office and greeted, I could tell they were primary pupils because of their uniform. It might interest you to know that the Junior secondary school is just about in the same surroundings as the primary school. Thus, the primary school pupils have access to the Jss section. I needed an interpreter and lucky me, a fellow teacher was just around the corner. He told me that the girl in front of me is the soon to be Ameriya (wife) to the JSS2 student who visited me earlier. I asked of her class and learned she was in primary 6 at the time.
Oh my goodness! I felt like passing out. This is Child marriage for goodness sake (I didn't say it out loud for fear of displeasing my fellow teacher). I managed a wry smile and dismissed them. I was quite concerned. Why would some individuals with unashamed determination hand their young female children to early marriages with such convictions and a maddening self compulsion. I really was enraged at the whole drama but I didn't show it. How could I? Afterall, its their way of life. One thing that struck me was the fact they were so happy about the development. "Marriage is progress" I'd hear them say, I totally beg to differ. Here I am, in my twenties thinking of ways to make money and teenagers in this part of the country can think of nothing else but marriage. What an irony. Enough of my ranting.

like your article
how about housing in jigawa? please tell me more
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by Ikpongiton: 6:29am On Jun 14, 2019
bumzydaprince:
The only thing that lacks here is social life cos of the sharia stuff, but other things are OK...especially the light and water....am speaking up for those in dutse tho, don't know much about other places
dutse is not far from birnin kudu .
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by tyup(m): 6:37am On Jun 14, 2019
Lastorator:

Guy its not that ..its the fact that an hausa man sees another hausa man as broda and it matters not which side up north you are from.

Here we reserve jobs for our relatives and unborn children... There if u are from hausa and you are passionate about stayin then you will get it...Politics does not pay there as it does in the south, my councilor has more money than chairman of Hadejia in Jigawa

Nah I think you're wrong here....The fact a rich Hausa man dont show when he has money doesn't mean he's not rich, Politics there pays more than anywhere in Nigeria except the chairman decides to take humanity n culture over money

My Dad's friend was called to be a councilor in a LG in zamfara state & under 3month this man came visiting my Dad with Prado worth almost 20m with a convoy, looking fat It's just how it is here jare

5 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by Nobody: 6:38am On Jun 14, 2019
well, I could see some feeling not at good because of the child marriage but CHILD MARRIAGE as it is called
but as defined by who, the white man and mandated by the UN

I love and respect people who choose to live by their own way

***I do not mean to insult anybody's ideology***

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by FASASI1(m): 6:42am On Jun 14, 2019
Etimocracy:
Being in school everyday for me could be likened to eating a delicious meal everyday. I was behind my desk one afternoon (I think it was a Wednesday) marking test scripts when a male student walked into my office to give me yet another shocking yet enthralling moment of my existence. You wanna find out, then just stay glued!
Good afternoon Mallam, he said, I responded with a smile, thus he proceeded. "I am inviting you to my wedding ceremony next week" he finally let the cat out of the bag. I immediately let go of my pen and for the first time looked up to really see the young fellow who stood before me talking about marriage. I had to be sure of what I heard, so, I asked him to repeat he just said which he did. There was no vacillation in his speech and I was pretty sure I didn't hear whisperings from the gods either. By my estimate, the boy wouldn't exceed 17 years of age at the time. I was stunned. I asked of his class, he replied JSS2. He came bearing gifts. I accepted the sweet candies he brought me as invitation gifts since it would have been outrightly rude not to do so. Furthermore, before I set him on his way, I instructed him to make sure he introduced me to his wife to be to give my blessings as his teacher. He agreed and left. About two hours later, some primary school pupils mostly females entered my office and greeted, I could tell they were primary pupils because of their uniform. It might interest you to know that the Junior secondary school is just about in the same surroundings as the primary school. Thus, the primary school pupils have access to the Jss section. I needed an interpreter and lucky me, a fellow teacher was just around the corner. He told me that the girl in front of me is the soon to be Ameriya (wife) to the JSS2 student who visited me earlier. I asked of her class and learned she was in primary 6 at the time.
Oh my goodness! I felt like passing out. This is Child marriage for goodness sake (I didn't say it out loud for fear of displeasing my fellow teacher). I managed a wry smile and dismissed them. I was quite concerned. Why would some individuals with unashamed determination hand their young female children to early marriages with such convictions and a maddening self compulsion. I really was enraged at the whole drama but I didn't show it. How could I? Afterall, its their way of life. One thing that struck me was the fact they were so happy about the development. "Marriage is progress" I'd hear them say, I totally beg to differ. Here I am, in my twenties thinking of ways to make money and teenagers in this part of the country can think of nothing else but marriage. What an irony. Enough of my ranting.
Op which batch are you cause am currently in Hadejia am 2019 batch
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by Godswillnwaoma(m): 6:50am On Jun 14, 2019
I need urgent answer on NYSC age limit........ My DOB (WAEC) 1st January 1988 while (JAMB DOB)1st January 1989 and I graduated on 25th October 2017. will I still serve or will I be excepted?
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by FASASI1(m): 6:52am On Jun 14, 2019
Naijaguy12345:
NYSC experience without no mention of sex, we are kind of disappointed in you op . You’ve got to fuuuck as much as possible during NYSC.

I was in jss3 when my brother share his experience with me. He served in a village in calabar. There was a story of copers night where sex flows, there was a story of him fuckinggg a community leader woman then her 2 daughters needed help with mathematics and he hammered them, then another story of a girl who was cheating on a boyfriend, shocking end to the story she sneaked out on her wedding night to fuuuck ma brother ! Got my own story but not near my brothers own .
It's not everybody that will be like your brother grin Besides this is north if you try anything them fit cut your prick o because am currently in Jigawa no try anything with their girls o only corp member unless unless goodbye to your prick

7 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by Socsed(m): 6:53am On Jun 14, 2019
Etimocracy:

Perhaps it's better than the irresponsible teenagers we've in some other parts. Not long ago, I visited a town, I was surprised sex among young boys and girls(12 and above) was the norms of the kids.
Actually, their parents knew but were only bothered about them getting pregnant. So, brother, the world has really changed. While I was a teacher some years back, the kids(Primary 5 students) I taught had boyfriends(acknowledged by their parents).
Maturity & Sustenance should be the benchmark for Marriage, not class, positions. And I'm sure they have both.
I stand to be corrected.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by freshbillz15(m): 7:06am On Jun 14, 2019
iamariwa:
Most core north are entirely like that, presently serving in katsina and about to pass out. I hope to pen down my own experience sometime soon.
Where in katsina?served in daura 2015 B ...katsina what a cool state with beautiful ladies
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by TheExecutioner: 7:07am On Jun 14, 2019
But I'm sure that in Uruk Uso the people never tried to kill you because you accidentally walked in front of them while they were praying.

I'm also sure that you were never attacked by herdsmen armed robbers who were wearing army uniforms.

Whether you admit it or not, Northerners are the most backward and underdeveloped people on this planet.

The only hope I have is that one day you guys go your own way and form your own country.

namiji2598:
every state in Nigeria have an uncivilized community even Abuja talk more of a village like lagos,I am serving in akwa ibom state, a village like Uruk Uso abak akwa ibom state DNT even hear English language. and if as a Nigerian u think one State is completely civilized then u urself is nt yet civilized, this country itself is still uncivilized

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by gayman99: 7:07am On Jun 14, 2019
Lastorator:

I love what their past govnor did, almost all streets hv street lights, Federal university of Dutse students always stay out to read all night under streetslight... I left my pc and phones charging in FUDand went for clearance and returned to find them there...

In uniuyo wherei attended i was charging my phone and left to copy a movie,only to return n not see my phone.

After reading under the street lights they fail massively and get withdrawn. M presently in Dutse. Very quiet town.

Vice in the norgh is very very low, and the cost of living too... I bought a goat for 5k at Laraba market.. Its just the heat and cold that spoil that place for me
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by Crying4NIGERIA(m): 7:18am On Jun 14, 2019
Op. Nice one, brought some memore back Served at jigawa in 2015, KIRIKASAMA. IN HADEJIA. nice and cool place. miss JG
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by Oritsewhandey(m): 7:20am On Jun 14, 2019
Etimocracy:
At about 10am, I arrived Fanisau where the NYSC orientation camp Jigawa state is located. I quickly put the robbery incident behind me. The Northern weather was a new stuff for me entirely; it got so cold at night and hot in the day at the time (i.e the month of October).
Camp was super enthralling. I'm sorry to rock anyone's boat as I won't be dwelling on Camp experience. I really wish I could, However, the aim of this thread is to enlighten the Prospective Corp Members on what it feels like serving in the state of Jigawa. Before I move on from this, I guess you have a question for me which if I guess correctly would be "Did you find love in Camp?" Well the answer is this : I think love in Camp is a mirage, thus, I didn't bother searching for one.

Has the orientation camp been relocated from GUMEL? I did mine, there, years back.
Primary duty of assignment with MINISTRY OF HEALTH, BIRNIN KUDU.
I surprised to see FANISAU.
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by Ijaycool(f): 7:21am On Jun 14, 2019
zopaks:
Me too ..
I served in jigawa state, Babura LG not far from the porous Niger Republic border where you can trek easily to and fro Niger Republic without much interference.

Jigawa has one of the best tarred roads in the country ... Ten times better than that of katsina which is interlinked with jigawa state by road network.

The orientation camp was nearing completion when we served in 2011.

Honestly Sule Lamido did great in terms of infrastructural development of Jigawa state as a whole

Sule Lamido is a good man.
I served at Dutse but na Gumel we camp
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by Oritsewhandey(m): 7:22am On Jun 14, 2019
Etimocracy:
At about 10am, I arrived Fanisau where the NYSC orientation camp Jigawa state is located. I quickly put the robbery incident behind me. The Northern weather was a new stuff for me entirely; it got so cold at night and hot in the day at the time (i.e the month of October).
Camp was super enthralling. I'm sorry to rock anyone's boat as I won't be dwelling on Camp experience. I really wish I could, However, the aim of this thread is to enlighten the Prospective Corp Members on what it feels like serving in the state of Jigawa. Before I move on from this, I guess you have a question for me which if I guess correctly would be "Did you find love in Camp?" Well the answer is this : I think love in Camp is a mirage, thus, I didn't bother searching for one.

Has the orientation camp been relocated from GUMEL? I did mine, there, years back.
I was surprised to see FANISAU.

The camp site then was their State College of Education, GUMEL. Close to Niger border.
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by TheExecutioner: 7:25am On Jun 14, 2019
Truth be told, I have never been comfortable with Northerners and their general backwardness and lack of intelligence, their readiness to kill and commit atrocities in the name of their religion and their primitive mindset.
I can honestly say that I pray for the day when I'll no longer have to be from the same country as Northerners.

[img]https://images./4dqWBzDqEywMjb2ejxJdSX.jpg[/img]

abdulkayus:

The definition of civilization can be subjective. Don't have that superiority complex. To u, u may claim to be civilized, but to the western world, u are a Bush man and a backward person.
What u tend to civilization may not be civilization to some other people. People you look at to even be uncivilised may actually look at you as an uncivilised person. That is life.
Listen to Chimamanda Adichi's Danger of a single story.

3 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by Etimocracy(m): 7:25am On Jun 14, 2019
Hamzaay:
Your writing skills is indeed very commendable. That alone should put food on your table.
Thanks
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by Etimocracy(m): 7:28am On Jun 14, 2019
mcjohny:

like your article
how about housing in jigawa? please tell me more

I don't know much about housing in the state since I'm in a rural setting. My school has an accommodation for Corp Members.

2 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by Gepheral: 7:28am On Jun 14, 2019
shigoslim:
I also camp in jigawa ... batch A 2019 though best orientation camp in Nigeria but me jeje relocated back to south west. Good luck to u grin angry angry grin

Jigawa Jigawa corpers no like Jigawa wink

I rep 19A too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by Etimocracy(m): 7:31am On Jun 14, 2019
Oritsewhandey:

I surprised to see FANISAU.

I camped at Fanisau in October 2018 to be precise.
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by Oritsewhandey(m): 7:32am On Jun 14, 2019
Akanmuppl:
I Read The Camp Is In Dutse Opposite Army Barrack How True Is That? Best Of Luck Bro.
The camp is not at Dutse. It's is the Passing Out Parade Ground that is at Dutse.

Also the NYSC State head office. You find the zonal coordinators work in there.

While CORPERS LIASON OFFICERS are corpers, like you, assigned headship, within locations where corpers are posted and temporarily reside.

My allowances were paid to one local Farmers bank, by the junction to the then (I guess) Corners Lodge at Birnin Kudu. A big brownish, house with seat out at the front.
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by maynation(f): 7:34am On Jun 14, 2019
Una no go allow person wey get him story finish am.

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by Etimocracy(m): 7:35am On Jun 14, 2019
shigoslim:
I also camp in jigawa ... batch A 2019 though best orientation camp in Nigeria but me jeje relocated back to south west. Good luck to u grin angry angry grin

You should have stayed back. Asides some of the issues highlighted in my write-up. It is a great state to serve. As far as I know, I'm enjoying my service year.
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by Nobody: 7:38am On Jun 14, 2019
enemyofprogress:
up till now you've not made mention of fokn any babe in jigawa?are you sure you travelled down there with your prick? Your story and stay there are incomplete without you fokn at least 5 babes there.

Na your type go North and disappear without a trace! You think life is all about f*cking? In the core Northern Nigeria, if you as much as approach a young girl to ask for directions, you may lose your head at night!

2 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by Etimocracy(m): 7:38am On Jun 14, 2019
Oritsewhandey:

The camp is not at Dutse. It's is the Passing Out Parade Ground that is at Dutse.

Also the NYSC State head office. You find the zonal coordinators work in there.

While CORPERS LIASON OFFICERS are corpers, like you, assigned headship, within locations where corpers are posted and temporarily reside.

My allowances were paid to one local Farmers bank, by the junction to the then (I guess) Corners Lodge at Birnin Kudu. A big brownish, house with seat out at the front.

I had this notion that Fanisau is part of Dutse since the Orientation camp is just a stone throw away from Dutse. Thanks for your input.
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by ransome001(m): 7:39am On Jun 14, 2019
I need urgent help right now.. I am PCM going for service next week Tuesday... I have mobilised.my DOB on my green card changed last night from original DOB of Nov 9th 1990 to my Incorrect WAEC DOB Dec 5th 1989 that is on my WAEC. During my 1st June registration my green card shower my correct DOB but now it has changed to my WAEC DOB which is not my real DOB. I have tried changing it at the provision made by NYSC for correction of DOB but an still seeing the incorrect date of birth... Please what do I do

Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by Etimocracy(m): 7:39am On Jun 14, 2019
maynation:
Una no go allow person wey get him story finish am.

I go try finish am #smiles#
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by Oritsewhandey(m): 7:40am On Jun 14, 2019
Etimocracy:

You are right. The camp is in Dutse just opposite the barrack. However, the area is called Fanisau. Its one of the best Orientation Camp we have in the country.
Was the military barrack, opposite the connecting road from the HILLTOP HOTEL then?

Still remembered the Bank of the North, First Bank & GT Bank and UBA, on same road in Dutse.

Also Gidan Dubu. 1000 houses estate. Somewhat quite few distance from the city center. Crops of 2bedroom & 3 bedrooms buildings. Poor street roads within the estate then.

Another international high school existed just rightly before the 1000 houses estate then.

Peaceful State. They've got a nice hotel too. Seated on a hill. By left turn.
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by Nobody: 7:40am On Jun 14, 2019
Lastorator:
I am from the south,i served in Jigawa, its realy a new world... The people there are amazing and lovely.
If not for the weather,i would hv lved to start my life and family there, vices are very limited up north.

Agreed...but social life is close to NIL there

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by Nobody: 7:41am On Jun 14, 2019
15 yrs ago you wouldnt be saying this, jigawa, kano and katsina axis were desirable places, the people friendly and accommodating they respect corpers even uniformed people there pet corpers, that was before this bandit saga.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

NYSC DG Gives Update On The Payment Of New Minimum Wage / Corper Wraps Pounded Yam With His Khaki In Jos, Plateau State / Corper Omaka Samuel Dike Executes 5 Community Projects Within 5 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.