Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,764 members, 7,851,606 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:27 AM

'be Healed In Jesus Name', A Short Story By Gift Olupinla - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 'be Healed In Jesus Name', A Short Story By Gift Olupinla (412 Views)

Be Healed In Jesus Name, A Short Story By Gift Olupinla (episode Four) / 'be Healed In Jesus Name' A Short Story By Gift Olupinla / "The Pulse Of Oblivion: Pilot (the Call), Written By Gift Okaro" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'be Healed In Jesus Name', A Short Story By Gift Olupinla by Ephphatha: 11:18am On Jun 11, 2019
'Be Healed in Jesus Name' a Short Story by Gift Olupinla

This is purely fiction and no part of it should be used in any other context. Please share with Someone. Be BLESSED AS YOU READ.

Episode Two

It was on a Sunday morning when she made her next move, this time to a Sunday school teacher, Mrs Goke, a dark plump middle aged woman who smiled a lot, displaying sparkling white dentition.
'Excuse me ma' Ralu accosted her as she walked out immediately after the session.
'Yes dear, Ralu, how may I help you'? She replied smiling at Ralu.
Ralu cleared her throat and repeated the same question she had asked her father three days ago.
'You want me to heal a mad man?' She asked, no longer smiling. 'Ralu, do you mean what you just said?'
Ralu nodded rapidly, hoping that her search would be over now. Mrs Goke sighed, but turning to Ralu again with glimpse of smiles on her face, she said, 'My dear, why don't you talk to the Pastor?' 'I'm sure he would want to do that'
'Come, let me take you to him', she pulled the ten years old girl's hand and hurried towards the church office.
Service had ended a few minutes ago so the Pastor would be in his office attending to members who needed one counseling or the other.
Mrs Goke knocked on the brass door with a plaque that read 'Not by power, not by might but by the Spirit.'
'Yes, come in' the Pastor said from behind the door.
Mrs Goke went in first with Ralu trailing behind her. Ralu began to shiver, wanting to run home and forget about the mad man. 'No one seems to be willing to heal him anyways, but perhaps the Pastor would. But the Pastor is always so busy with so many important things to do, how would he squeeze out time to heal a mad man?'. Ralu thought as she walked meditatively into the air conditioned room wherein had a shelf and two brown cushions by the left corner, adjacent to it was a table piled up with big books and sitting behind the table was the Pastor.
It was the first time she had ever gotten this close to him. She had always looked up to him. What fascinated her the most about him was his graying hair and his deep, slow speech. He only came to the children's church once in a while.
'Have a seat' he said, gesturing towards the two couch, with a spark of smiles radiating on his face. So, how may I be of help?'
Mrs Goke, shifting forward her seat, said,
'Sir, there's a situation at hand here,' she turned towards Ralu 'this young girl came to me today to ask that I heal a mad man' her tone of voice sounded like she thought it was ridiculous.
The Pastor nodded and gave a keen looked at Ralu for the first time. Ralu could see wrinkle lines around his mouth and eyes.
'Little girl, who gave you that idea that anyone can just walk up to a mad man and heal him?'
Ralu was tongue-tied and couldn't give any response. 'Does that mean even Pastor doesn't know the story?' She thought. The Pastor studied her for a while and turned to Mrs Goke with his brows furrowed.
'Where did she get this idea from'
'I don't know sir, I was surprised myself'
The Pastor sighed and smiled at Ralu
'You know what little girl, you can pray to God about it, I'm sure He'll answer and send help to the mad man, maybe someone who will help him get treatment at a psychiatric hospital'
Ralu's heart fell and she nodded, feeling discouraged. Maybe she would do that and hopefully she would see the mad man again, when he would be well, not begging for food and be ridiculed by a kiosk woman nor taunted by school children.

TO BE CONTINUED

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Infinite Rangers: Wing Force / The Most Superior Of All / Quillbot (paraphraser) Premium #5000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.