Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,386 members, 7,861,059 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:41 PM

'be Healed In Jesus Name' A Short Story By Gift Olupinla - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 'be Healed In Jesus Name' A Short Story By Gift Olupinla (400 Views)

Be Healed In Jesus Name, A Short Story By Gift Olupinla (episode Four) / 'be Healed In Jesus Name', A Short Story By Gift Olupinla / "The Pulse Of Oblivion: Pilot (the Call), Written By Gift Okaro" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'be Healed In Jesus Name' A Short Story By Gift Olupinla by Ephphatha: 10:48am On Jun 14, 2019
Be Healed In Jesus Name', a Short Story By Gift Olupinla
This story is purely fictional and no part of it must be used in any other context. Please share with someone.

Episode Three

She was on her way home from school one day when she sighted the Bible study teacher, Mr Kola from afar. He had not been at the midweek class that week.
'Mr Kola!' she hollered, hastening her footsteps towards him. He stopped and turned. She waved at him hysterically. His face brightened up with a smile as he saw her approach him. He remembered the girl with wide eyed wonder in her eyes the last time he took Bible study, he had traveled home the next week to see his parents, taking advantage of his leave.
She stopped in front of him and bent over with her two hands on her knees trying to catch her breath. While she took in gulps of air, Mr Kola waited patiently. Then she straightened and looked up at him.
'Good evening sir,' she said 'you did not come to Bible study last week, I was looking for you'
Mr Kola studied her expression, she looked very serious, too serious for a girl of her age.
'Really, oh, I couldn't come, I traveled'
'Oh...'. She paused,
Mr Kola raised an eyebrow, 'why did you want to see me?'
'I...I ...it's'... She stuttered. 'It's one mad man that comes to our school area, I wanted to know if you can heal him'
Mr Kola's eyes watered, he looked like he was going to cry.
'Is it because of our topic of discussion that last Bible study I handled'
Ralu was suddenly embarrassed and lowered her head.
She heard him chuckle, then he said
'Come, let's seat under that shed'
And they went to a nearby tree that stood in front of a duplex building, and sat on the bench.
Mr Kola dropped his traveling bag on the root of the tree. He had come back earlier than he planned, he couldn't shake off the prompting for him to return sooner and now he knew why.
'So, what's your name' he began
'Raluchukwu'
'Oh, you're Igbo'
'Yes, sir'
'Okay, you said you wanted a mad man healed, why?'
Ralu found it much easier to answer his question, his stare wasn't making her want to hide in shame like her father's did, nor did it make her feel like a naughty child like Mrs Goke's did nor was it intimidating like the Pastor's was.
'He's sad and...and nobody cares about him because he's mad'
'Go on'
'Well you said Jesus healed a mad man, and that anyone in the church can do the same...so I thought he shouldn't be mad anymore if someone from our church could heal him'
Mr Kola smiled and said nothing for a while.
'Your are right, anyone in church can do that, but only if they have faith' he said 'and you already have that faith'
Ralu's eyes went wide 'I?'
'Yes, you'
'But..but I thought only adults could do it' she replied.
'You thought wrong, if anyone shall say to a mountain, be removed and cast into the sea, and believes that he shall have what he says, it will happen' Ralu could literally see light in his eyes and for a second, she felt like she was speaking with Jesus himself.
'So, Raluchukwu, you can say to a mad man, be healed in Jesus name and it will happen' he continued 'There was a Prophet named Jeremiah who told God that he was too young to do the work God commanded him to do, but God told him not to say so. And I'm saying the same to you today, don't say you're too small, you can do it, if you believe'
Ralu breathed in deeply and a weight she had been carrying for days lifted from her shoulders. The thought of healing the mad man herself had never occurred to her, not even in her wildest imagination.
She couldn't wait for the next day to come, she hoped the mad man would come. She hadn't seen him around ever since that day the kiosk woman had refus ed to give him food.

TO BE CONTINUED
I believe we are being blessed by this story. It's not just for entertainment. There's a message in between the letters.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

I’m In A Complicated Relationship – Slimcase / Do You Know About Buchi Emecheta? / E-book Writer Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.