Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,282 members, 7,836,256 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS (39740 Views)

Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android / Huawei Is Trying To Dump Hongmeng OS And Migrate To Sailfish Fish OS / Huawei Hongmeng OS Is Reportedly “60% Faster” Than Google’s Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by TheKingIsHere: 9:37am On Jun 12, 2019
prodigyhenry:

It's you that doesn't understand what's going on here. It isn't about creating an alternative that's very easy. It's about acceptability. Lemme give you an example, can you use a mobile phone without access to YouTube?, So you know the billions, yes billions of videos you suddenly don't have access to. China would of course make an alternative but they can never get that number of videos in the next 20 years. To state with, most of the content makers would be speaking Chinese 90% of the Chinese speakers are in China, how's a video in Chinese useful for you?..

Look, I can't even type long, all these things Huawei are doing is just initial gra gra, they are on panicked mode right now and they doing all to convince their investors that they are alright but they are not..

It would take at least 5 years for their OS to become acceptable and by that time their Asian neighbors would have made gadgets that are cheap and offer Android OS.. so it's a lose-lose for Huawei. Its nor just a battle against Google it's a battle against the while Internet. America controls all

Bros, leave them. Let them bask in their ignorance
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by timesup234: 9:37am On Jun 12, 2019
IsaAbubakar:
then their market will be limited
i guess such a big company like huawei won't like such limitations
You be better mumu. Shey phones no dey sell before Android came around 2009? All empires fall and Google time is up

1 Like

Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by TheKingIsHere: 9:37am On Jun 12, 2019
Take note that America gave huawei 90days grace. Meaning that the US is still lenient with them.

When the US fully strike, their eyes go clear

Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by Skmoda360(m): 9:37am On Jun 12, 2019
omoadeleye:

if US wan do China again, make dem tell China not to include their English US language among their list of languages for their new OS.
that one is not possible cuz the origin of English language is not from US....you didn't think outta the box at all....

2 Likes

Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by m140(m): 9:40am On Jun 12, 2019
prodigyhenry:

It's you that doesn't understand what's going on here. It isn't about creating an alternative that's very easy. It's about acceptability. Lemme give you an example, can you use a mobile phone without access to YouTube?, So you know the billions, yes billions of videos you suddenly don't have access to. China would of course make an alternative but they can never get that number of videos in the next 20 years. To state with, most of the content makers would be speaking Chinese 90% of the Chinese speakers are in China, how's a video in Chinese useful for you?..

Look, I can't even type long, all these things Huawei are doing is just initial gra gra, they are on panicked mode right now and they doing all to convince their investors that they are alright but they are not..

It would take at least 5 years for their OS to become acceptable and by that time their Asian neighbors would have made gadgets that are cheap and offer Android OS.. so it's a lose-lose for Huawei. Its nor just a battle against Google it's a battle against the while Internet. America controls all
So ... because na china, na must make everything be in Chinese text and voice, alibaba ... nawa sef
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by mypains: 9:40am On Jun 12, 2019
prodigyhenry:

You are right. Imagine if America decides to shut the internet access to China.
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by Danishguy(m): 9:42am On Jun 12, 2019
martineverest:
lol..watch how Google and Facebook will deprecate those apps or stop them from accessing YouTube by changing the API,like it did to windows
Here's just a tip of what Google could do to anyone it wishes. When I tell people Google's plea for Trump to drop the ban for Huawei was just some PR stunt, and a classic plausible denialbilitity arc. Huawei had always eyed to be number one, and contingencies are the area code for total dominance, so an OS was inevitable.

Back to Google, she can play dirty by censoring the word 'Huawei' from Google, ads will never run on them, videos will never be made about them. any sites that encourages or has any backlink to an existing or old Huawei article would be removed from all search results.

My dear, there are myriads of ways Huawei could be f**ked

Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by Necksonnel: 9:43am On Jun 12, 2019
m140:

How old is android sef, see those oyinbo impossible no dey their dictionary, when Huawei phone sales came up fast. The company sabi, I tell you. Irrespective of any os you will be able to use other products of Google that's I know. Since you can access Internet from any where. They only way I bliv America can destroy any company there is if they can switch off Internet for others if they can't any company can come out of anywhere and grow big. Well for this war the only thing Google can loose is os, their other main products will keep making them if only Huawei os survive. It's a 50/50 game nobody owns the world, na one country dey there before America.

That's what u don't understand. No country dey there before America. America is the only country that has always be there since world war. Huawei Os is dead on arrival.
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by AkataYeriYeri: 9:44am On Jun 12, 2019
net75:

America own IPhone remember bro!
He said the world use Huawei phones because of google playstore.
Does iPhone have google playstore too?
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by bendike: 9:45am On Jun 12, 2019
martineverest:
why didn't u buy windowsphone?...let's start from there

See, i do not know about others, but i will buy huawei for sentimental reasons even if it does not have Google apps. They have huawei app store and i will make do with what they have. I will buy their phone even if it is only touch light app installed on it.
I am simply fed up with the monopoly of the US and personally will boycott their products and support huawei to create alternatives.
I currently use huawei Y9 2019 and its the best value for money phone i ever bought.

2 Likes

Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by TheKingIsHere: 9:48am On Jun 12, 2019
bendike:

See, i do not know about others, but i will buy huawei for sentimental reasons even if it does not have Google apps. They have huawei app store and i will make do with what they have. I will buy their phone even if it is only touch light app installed on it.
I am simply fed up with the monopoly of the US and personally will boycott their products and support huawei to create alternatives.
I currently use huawei Y9 2019 and its the best value for money phone i ever bought.

You are too ignorant and sentimental.

China started the useless monopoly by banning US apps from their country.

Now that the US is taking actions, you at here crying fowl.

You are claiming that you are currently using huawei device but failed to note that that device is running on everything from the US.

So when they make their own huawei OS, please drop this one and use that one let's see
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by omoadeleye(m): 9:48am On Jun 12, 2019
shogsman:

Why do you think they clinched a deal with apptoide.

since, Google has ban them from using google play, so they are trying to source for another alternatives which make them run to apptoid, and this apptoid you are saying is being flagged by Google play protect and that has really reduced number of apptoid users, so you can now see that, apptoid and Huwai deal is still shaking, Huwai can never do without android OS hence their OS will always work with android apps....
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by Danishguy(m): 9:51am On Jun 12, 2019
shogsman:

If two of you still don’t understand that this os will run android apps seamlessly,you have no business in this section.
There's always a way to distinguish between OS, regardless of what kernel it runs upon. If Instagram wants nothing to do with Oak OS, Huawei can't force it into her phones.
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by omoadeleye(m): 9:51am On Jun 12, 2019
m140:

How old is android sef, see those oyinbo impossible no dey their dictionary, when Huawei phone sales came up fast. The company sabi, I tell you. Irrespective of any os you will be able to use other products of Google that's I know. Since you can access Internet from any where. They only way I bliv America can destroy any company there is if they can switch off Internet for others if they can't any company can come out of anywhere and grow big. Well for this war the only thing Google can loose is os, their other main products will keep making them if only Huawei os survive. It's a 50/50 game nobody owns the world, na one country dey there before America.

bro i will always tell you that thier is no 50/50% chance yet, cause huwai os are still development stage and yey to be introduced...
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by m140(m): 9:51am On Jun 12, 2019
timesup234:
You be better mumu. Shey phones no dey sell before Anriod came around 2009? All empires fall and Google time is up
Any empire can fall, thank you my brother. Huawei can be or not, simple .
Many inventions that didn't come from America and they use and produce them today no be copy copy be that. America can't be everything na. Most power brand on Internet Google, fine I agree , but can't shut it down .
Android ain't the first mobile os and it won't be the last .
When tesla come all cars manufacturer are moving electric cars now , people like argue they know the future. No one knows ,

1 Like

Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by martineverest(m): 9:53am On Jun 12, 2019
bendike:

ok..tell me Ur top 10 most used apps on Ur phone

1 Like

Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by Danishguy(m): 9:53am On Jun 12, 2019
Burgcudi:
Every economy issues globally will be reverse once Donald Trump lose come 2020.
This isn't some fairy fantasy bro, this is REAL. Huawei won't go back to love and chocolates after Trump 2020, the dice has already been cast
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by saasala(m): 9:55am On Jun 12, 2019
martineverest:
waste of time..who will use a phone without Facebook,Google, Snapchat,Twitter, whatsapp, Instagram, YouTube,Skype etc?..the world uses huawei phones cos of Google's playstore and because it uses american software.whonwill buy a phone with Chinese os apart from china?

tizen OS(Samsung), windows phone and blackberry is were strong enough but couldn't penetrate..don't forget microsoft is the largest software makers ,Samsung is the biggest smartphone company and blackberry had the most secured is in the world

You beat me to this. You get sense no be small.
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by martineverest(m): 9:55am On Jun 12, 2019
Danishguy:
Here's just a tip of what Google could do to anyone it wishes. When I tell people Google's plea for Trump to drop the ban for Huawei was just some PR stunt, and a classic plausible denialbilitity arc. Huawei had always eyed to be number one, and contingencies are the area code for total dominance, so an OS was inevitable.

Back to Google, she can play dirty by censoring the word 'Huawei' from Google, ads will never run on them, videos will never be made about them. any sites that encourages or has any backlink to an existing or old Huawei article would be removed from all search results.

My dear, there are myriads of ways Huawei could be f**ked
they are already fu.uucked in both software and hardware sector
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by omoadeleye(m): 9:55am On Jun 12, 2019
m140:

Are you God, who know say facebook, iPhone go blow like this, do you bliv Nokia go wreck, anything can happen na just small mistake they wreck at times . Anything can happen

no one is playing God here, this is all about strategies, Telegram is better in all ramifications than whatsapp, if telegram can develop a good strategy they will surely outshine whatsapp, you can see the case of instagram and snapchat, played ny Mark, to the extent that instagram is now outshining snapchat, so strategies are very import in order for a product to be successful no matter how good or great is the product...

1 Like

Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by omoadeleye(m): 9:56am On Jun 12, 2019
Skmoda360:

that one is not possible cuz the origin of English language is not from US....you didn't think outta the box at all....

i was actually joking about that
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by martineverest(m): 9:58am On Jun 12, 2019
saasala:

You beat me to this. You get sense no be small.
lol..thanks
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by m140(m): 9:59am On Jun 12, 2019
omoadeleye:

bro i will always tell you that thier is no 50/50% chance yet, cause huwai os are still development stage and yey to be introduced...
Yahoo mail and Gmail say something on this.
Anything can survive if you use the right strategy. Nike and puma, one pulled out of one, it still survived. If they play their game well they will survive, Huawei never pulled out of droid os them pursue them in , I bliv if the company is very strategic they would have got something underground . Don't write them off even Google could be the one to suffer most. Well am not on their board of directors may be you are I don't I only see from here alone

1 Like

Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by Danishguy(m): 10:00am On Jun 12, 2019
gnykelly:

You guys think China is popular because of cheap labour...
Tchina has the best from suppliers of raw materials to high quality labour to the best distributorship.

Just visit alibaba... You find any thing from spoon customization to high tech products... They will even collect your order and built to specifications... No where in the world they do that.
Well, not all companies there are Chinese owned. Taxes in China are more lax. The US prided herself as such until manufacturers discovered they could make extra doing business in China
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by blowjohn(m): 10:01am On Jun 12, 2019
OrestesDante:

I don't drink origin. Gimme lacasera mixed with Soyamilk. And I'm done with all my worries cheesy cheesy

What
What kind of mixture is that?
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by prodigyhenry: 10:04am On Jun 12, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Bros, leave them. Let them bask in their ignorance

The ignorance here Is just stunning even the Chinese themselves are scared and are just trying to save face. It is we that shouting..

Chinese apps can never compete with American app even WeChat that is been used in China with a population of almost 2 billion is not as popular as ordinary telegram that started less than 5 years ago

The kinda acceptance that Google and other allied apps have garnered over the years it's too much for Huawei to just compete with overnight. The other Asian countries are already itching to take over from China In the mobile phone world. When they start rolling out their products all of us would just switch..

I really love Huawei and I was planning to buy one later this year but it's a messed up situation for them right now

1 Like

Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by Danishguy(m): 10:05am On Jun 12, 2019
AkataYeriYeri:

iPhone don’t have Facebook,snapchat, twitter and Instagram. Right ?
You go dy alright las las
IPhone is US owned, Android wants an IPhone competition, it keeps the game interesting
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by m140(m): 10:05am On Jun 12, 2019
Necksonnel:

That's what u don't understand. No country dey there before America. America is the only country that has always be there since world war. Huawei Os is dead on arrival.
Na one person go strong pass , it has been there before America exist see

1 Like

Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by jaxxy(m): 10:07am On Jun 12, 2019
djon78:

You don't roll with the African mentality?
Google business at the base of pyramid.
Let me ask you, what led to the emergence of emerging economies.
Why is Dangote the richest black man.
What is the secret of success of companies like Walmart?

See those that can afford expensive, premium things are very few in the world compared to those that can afford cheaper stuffs.
And many become billionaires by serving the poor example Tata group of India started that way but today range rover, and many other brands are under there group

Africa mentality is a consumer mentality. We consume everything bt produce little or nothing. China has smartly studied us and is producing what we need/want to consume. The question is are we truly growing by this relationship? Or are we even learning valuable lessons or knowledge we can apply smtime in the future?

On products u I didn’t say u shudnt serve the poor. Nokia, Samsung do this are Samsung has done great bt they have don’t it fairly not like China especially with their relationship with America. If developing countries want to act foolish America can not afford to do that.
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by Danishguy(m): 10:11am On Jun 12, 2019
NOETHNICITY:
USA ended up making Hauwai a very popular brand

What a way to shoot ursef in the leg
Nope, more like Christmas came by July. This was inevitable, Huawei played her hands easily, and just like most 'rush' they are mostly short-lived.
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by m140(m): 10:12am On Jun 12, 2019
omoadeleye:

no one is playing God here, this is all about strategies, Telegram is better in all ramifications than whatsapp, if telegram can develop a good strategy they will surely outshine whatsapp, you can see the case of instagram and snapchat, played ny Mark, to the extent that instagram is now outshining snapchat, so strategies are very import in order for a product to be successful no matter how good or great is the product...
I guess iPhone was sleeping when Huawei product got Second, so that ain't strategy from Huawei, America is afraid Gan oooo , 1 and 2 is from Asia, just beef , I guess power is about to change, if not Huawei another will, No champion for ever only God you can argue that
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by Ugosample(m): 10:16am On Jun 12, 2019
martineverest:
there nothing they can do my brother...this apptiode and hongmeng are just hogwash and balderdash

Microsoft even paid developers money to develop app yet they failed

let them do that and fail

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS / How To Subscribe And Watch Netflix Movies In Nigeria / TECNO Spark 7p (N60,900) Vs Infinix Hot 10 (N63,400) Which Should U Buy?(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.