Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,062 members, 7,835,590 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS - Phones (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS (39729 Views)

Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android / Huawei Is Trying To Dump Hongmeng OS And Migrate To Sailfish Fish OS / Huawei Hongmeng OS Is Reportedly “60% Faster” Than Google’s Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by TheKingIsHere: 1:53pm On Jun 12, 2019
prodigyhenry:

The ignorance here Is just stunning even the Chinese themselves are scared and are just trying to save face. It is we that shouting..

Chinese apps can never compete with American app even WeChat that is been used in China with a population of almost 2 billion is not as popular as ordinary telegram that started less than 5 years ago

The kinda acceptance that Google and other allied apps have garnered over the years it's too much for Huawei to just compete with overnight. The other Asian countries are already itching to take over from China In the mobile phone world. When they start rolling out their products all of us would just switch..

I really love Huawei and I was planning to buy one later this year but it's a messed up situation for them right now

I really pity huawei. They are ready to beg but the Chinese government is proving stubborn.

I read an article that said that if US wanted to total end the company totlly and instantly it will but because of some tariffs the US want to get from China, it is only going for a crippling attack.

So huawei might be crippled and rendered almost moribund just like BB.

Well, let's watch and see
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by litaninja(m): 1:54pm On Jun 12, 2019
You don't really understand the inner workings of the Huawei ban do you?

martineverest:
waste of time..who will use a phone without Facebook,Google, Snapchat,Twitter, whatsapp, Instagram, YouTube,Skype etc?..the world uses huawei phones cos of Google's playstore and because it uses american software.whonwill buy a phone with Chinese os apart from china?

tizen OS(Samsung), windows phone and blackberry is were strong enough but couldn't penetrate..don't forget microsoft is the largest software makers ,Samsung is the biggest smartphone company and blackberry had the most secured is in the world

1 Like

Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by newlinecomm(m): 1:55pm On Jun 12, 2019
shocked
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by bendike: 2:07pm On Jun 12, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

The reason why I called you ignorant is not an insult but the fact.

You can't be hailing huawei and condemning US while using a huawei device that runs on virtually everything from the US.

Go and use the latest huawei device that runs on its own OS when it comes out to show your sentimental support.

My point is diversification. It must be achieved. One country cannot have a monopoly of the tech industry and force its will on others. Google only controls its version of android OS. The open source is available and your current android apps will work. The huawei OS will be open source android based.
Even Google is warning of the long term effects of huawei ban on US national security and losing market share on the long run.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-huawei-tech-usa-google/google-flags-u-s-national-security-risks-from-huawei-ban-ft-idUSKCN1T809Z

NOTE:
"While the sanctions are expected to hurt Huawei in the short term, industry experts say it could force the company - and other Chinese firms - to become self-reliant by developing more home-grown technologies, hurting the dominance of American companies such as Google in the longer term''

1 Like

Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by prodigyhenry: 2:08pm On Jun 12, 2019
Mustiboy:
for how long has YouTube been in existence? undecided
14 years ago, I am not talking about the year they started when i said 15-20 years. I am talking about the longevity and dates of some of the resource materials there
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by bendike: 2:12pm On Jun 12, 2019
martineverest:
they will if the banks allows u to download their apps apart from playstore...most banks don't allow users to download their app outside playstore xosnof security

You are right oh! lol shocked
Just checked my huawei app gallery and i could not find any of my bank apps.
I hope on the long run it will be sorted out.
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by nkemjacob2(m): 2:15pm On Jun 12, 2019
If I were to be them, I will discuss with tecno group, Samsung, and others to do with the tech giant (Google them them) then let's see as they will thrive.

US just made huawie to be strong.

1 Like

Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by bendike: 2:24pm On Jun 12, 2019
DeejaywonDJ1:
Thank God I'm a Kid but old enough to be building my own empire empire rather than stay online arguing on what won't benefit or add value to my life and country. Moreover, you don't even know anything about tech at all. You're not successful in any ramifications but beefing success

Please if you have nothing to contribute, kindly leave others to share air their views. Nobody is stopping you from building your "empire" so please go ahead, after all it will be for the betterment of you and your family.

2 Likes

Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by bendike: 2:26pm On Jun 12, 2019
martineverest:
very foolish statement from a kid
Abeg ignore that boy..
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by omoadeleye(m): 2:32pm On Jun 12, 2019
lilbest4:
Blackberry was pure unrefined shiit. Mentioning BB in the same sentence as Huawei is travesty. Blackberry that couldn't fix their terrible battery, take close to 1hr to boot charge like snail and discharge like purge. How that shiit got users was mainly due to Western media ordinary tecno killed blackberry in Nigeria. Huawei make far superior phones and innovations to Samsung and IPhone

i can not even compare balckberry to Huawei, cause Blackberry is another device in another universe entirely, cause blackberry was on their own then and operating with their OS, and more over tech was developing then, or you want to tell me that in the era of blackberry there was any device with Quick charge then? Black has good camera and their battery effect is due the fact that the phone data is always ON 24/7 no one was even thinking of DATA ON nd OFF OPTION then, cause blackberry users are always busy with their phone and snapping with their camera, so in the era blackberry was on their on lane.
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by TheKingIsHere: 2:36pm On Jun 12, 2019
bendike:

My point is diversification. It must be achieved. One country cannot have a monopoly of the tech industry and force its will on others. Google only controls its version of android OS. The open source is available and your current android apps will work. The huawei OS will be open source android based.
Even Google is warning of the long term effects of huawei ban on US national security and losing market share on the long run.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-huawei-tech-usa-google/google-flags-u-s-national-security-risks-from-huawei-ban-ft-idUSKCN1T809Z

NOTE:
"While the sanctions are expected to hurt Huawei in the short term, industry experts say it could force the company - and other Chinese firms - to become self-reliant by developing more home-grown technologies, hurting the dominance of American companies such as Google in the longer term''

I advise that you read this to know that if the US really wanted to kill off huawei, they will do it instantly.

Ask yourself why did US give them 90days before the ban? You think they don't know that huawei will try to make their own OS and all?

Just read this to understand that if US wants to render Huawei useless they can do so but as it stands they won't

https://amp.scmp.com/week-asia/opinion/article/3011741/chinas-wrong-us-can-kill-huawei-heres-why-it-wont
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by martineverest(m): 2:39pm On Jun 12, 2019
bendike:

You are right oh! lol shocked
Just checked my huawei app gallery and i could not find any of my bank apps.
I hope on the long run it will be sorted out.
it won't....they go with crowd....window 10 with over 700 million users still don't have most bank apps
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by ofemigeorge(m): 2:39pm On Jun 12, 2019
prodigyhenry:
As much as I love the never say die spirit if Huawei the sad reality is that they can't survive this for long. Google and America has them by the balls. The question is who are those who buys their phones besides their market in China,. The other continents would not go near their products except probably Africa. Because America has so bossed over the mobile application and software market that it would be crazy for anybody from Europe, Australia, the 2 Americas and most part of Asia to use phones without Facebook, WhatsApp, Google and many other application compatibility.

And to further aggravate this, America controls the media, they'd make everyone not using those applications look like they are missing everything on earth. And the advantage chinese mobiles have had over the years is providing great technology for cheap price, cheapness isn't an incentive for people living in the continents I mentioned earlier except Africa due to poverty. People in Europe, Australia, the Americas and parts of Asia would rather buy an expensive phone that gives them access to the best there is online than buy a cheap phone that offers very little in comparison. Only Africans don't have a choice and even at that those of us who can afford it would still go for the Android phones. That's why Huawei are trying to consolidate the African market but it's a pity Africa can't save them. They need the rest of the world.

This is what I think would happen, because Google would also suffer since they would lose 5 of their biggest 6 OS users. They would try to raise up another country to take over from China in mobile phone production and my guess is India, because of the population, poverty, and the great education they have in India this makes India ripe for such venture. Nigeria might have been a great option too but sadly we're not serious and once they succeed in making great Android phones with cheap prices. Then forget about Oak OS, it would die out

Both Google and Huawei would lose a lot but Huawei might lose far more in the end

E be like sey you no know shinaaa. Many years ago if peson go tell me say there phones go sell world wide......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by martineverest(m): 2:39pm On Jun 12, 2019
litaninja:
You don't really understand the inner workings of the Huawei ban do you?

I understand
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by maasoap(m): 2:44pm On Jun 12, 2019
prodigyhenry:
As much as I love the never say die spirit if Huawei the sad reality is that they can't survive this for long. Google and America has them by the balls. The question is who are those who buys their phones besides their market in China,. The other continents would not go near their products except probably Africa. Because America has so bossed over the mobile application and software market that it would be crazy for anybody from Europe, Australia, the 2 Americas and most part of Asia to use phones without Facebook, WhatsApp, Google and many other application compatibility.

And to further aggravate this, America controls the media, they'd make everyone not using those applications look like they are missing everything on earth. And the advantage chinese mobiles have had over the years is providing great technology for cheap price, cheapness isn't an incentive for people living in the continents I mentioned earlier except Africa due to poverty. People in Europe, Australia, the Americas and parts of Asia would rather buy an expensive phone that gives them access to the best there is online than buy a cheap phone that offers very little in comparison. Only Africans don't have a choice and even at that those of us who can afford it would still go for the Android phones. That's why Huawei are trying to consolidate the African market but it's a pity Africa can't save them. They need the rest of the world.

This is what I think would happen, because Google would also suffer since they would lose 5 of their biggest 6 OS users. They would try to raise up another country to take over from China in mobile phone production and my guess is India, because of the population, poverty, and the great education they have in India this makes India ripe for such venture. Nigeria might have been a great option too but sadly we're not serious and once they succeed in making great Android phones with cheap prices. Then forget about Oak OS, it would die out

Both Google and Huawei would lose a lot but Huawei might lose far more in the end

This write-up looks like seven years old way of reasoning. Lol
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by maasoap(m): 2:51pm On Jun 12, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

I advise that you read this to know that if the US really wanted to kill off huawei, they will do it instantly.

Ask yourself why did US give them 90days before the ban? You think they don't know that huawei will try to make their own OS and all?

Just read this to understand that if US wants to render Huawei useless they can do so but as it stands they won't

https://amp.scmp.com/week-asia/opinion/article/3011741/chinas-wrong-us-can-kill-huawei-heres-why-it-wont

The reason had been made known by the Budget Office. That the early implementation would hurt US companies. (https://www.nairaland.com/5239276/white-house-budget-chief-officially). Many people here like you think it is about phones as far Huawei is concerned! No. They're into other telecommunication technology like Masts. And countries like UK has refused to buy the crap USA is trying to sell to them in name of Security Spy. They even warned Trump administration to take it easy. Many countries have even embraced Huawei 5G technology and they're not ready to listen to USA false alerts

2 Likes

Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by TheKingIsHere: 2:54pm On Jun 12, 2019
maasoap:

The reason had been made known by the Budget Office. That the early implementation would hurt US companies. Many people here it is about phones as far Huawei is concerned! No. They're into other telecommunication technology like Masts. And countries like UK has refused to buy the crap USA is trying to sell to them in name of Security Spy. They even warned Trump administration to take it easy. Many countries have even embraced Huawei 5G technology and they're not ready to listen to USA false alerts

Let's watch and see
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by ajibolag(m): 2:58pm On Jun 12, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Chairman, well done bro. I've followed your dialogues on this trend and you've showed your affection towards US. I wouldn't say you've been sentimental, however a little dive into engineering and technological innovations coming out of China from the last 5years would have given you a clue that this Chinese tech guys actually stand a chance to come out unhurt in this turbulent and trying times.
The Chinese now have a commercial jet of their own that can contend with Airbus and Air Boeing, in fact they already have 500 orders.
The Chinese govt has moved millions of people out of poverty.
The Chinese are leading when it comes to Artificial intelligence, Machine learning, 5G and you still think it must be a coincidence.
The Chinese govt didn't ban but censored Facebook, YouTube, Google to promote their own home grown apps. With Alipay and We chat the Chinese have totally evolved to cashless policy and in fact we chat encompasses Facebook, WhatsApp and its even better and people still access google apps, fb, we chat in China using VPNs.
Please, to defeat an enemy you need to study your enemy. Look into the innovations of these guys, give them credit and see why they've put up a fight.
30 years ago, Nigeria was better than China!!! but where are we now?

3 Likes

Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by maasoap(m): 3:04pm On Jun 12, 2019
new2012:
Reading comments on nairaland and you wonder the calibre of ppl here.. China banned Facebook, WhatsApp and several others.. Nobody oveflogged it, why overflog the huawei issue?

Apps are different thing entirely! Apps belong to individuals, not the governments. You can't force Chinese to use USA developed apps. Likewise, you can't force USA citizens to use apps developed in China. That doesn't hurt anyone. Apps are meant to collect the users data secretly and Chinese are not comfortable with that.
But when you're bullying the companies in your country to stop honouring the contracts they have with Huawei in the name of SECURITY threat that doesn't exists, you should know that you are taking it too far.

1 Like

Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by maasoap(m): 3:21pm On Jun 12, 2019
CharlesJok3r:
Hongmeng has already failed even before it started

Lol. See mentality!
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by maasoap(m): 3:23pm On Jun 12, 2019
martineverest:
waste of time..who will use a phone without Facebook,Google, Snapchat,Twitter, whatsapp, Instagram, YouTube,Skype etc?..the world uses huawei phones cos of Google's playstore and because it uses american software.whonwill buy a phone with Chinese os apart from china?

tizen OS(Samsung), windows phone and blackberry is were strong enough but couldn't penetrate..don't forget microsoft is the largest software makers ,Samsung is the biggest smartphone company and blackberry had the most secured is in the world

Why wouldn't it has all those apps?
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by TheKingIsHere: 3:26pm On Jun 12, 2019
ajibolag:

Chairman, well done bro. I've followed your dialogues on this trend and you've showed your affection towards US. I wouldn't say you've been sentimental, however a little dive into engineering and technological innovations coming out of China from the last 5years would have given you a clue that this Chinese tech guys actually stand a chance to come out unhurt in this turbulent and trying times.
The Chinese now have a commercial jet of their own that can contend with Airbus and Air Boeing, in fact they already have 500 orders.
The Chinese govt has moved millions of people out of poverty.
The Chinese are leading when it comes to Artificial intelligence, Machine learning, 5G and you still think it must be a coincidence.
The Chinese govt didn't ban but censored Facebook, YouTube, Google to promote their own home grown apps. With Alipay and We chat the Chinese have totally evolved to cashless policy and in fact we chat encompasses Facebook, WhatsApp and its even better and people still access google apps, fb, we chat in China using VPNs.
Please, to defeat an enemy you need to study your enemy. Look into the innovations of these guys, give them credit and see why they've put up a fight.
30 years ago, Nigeria was better than China!!! but where are we now?

Did you say the Chinese government didn't ban Facebook etc? Here are screenshots to prove you wrong.

Also, China does nothing than intellectual theft most of the time. Currently, they have ran to Russia for help. Further evidence that they cant do jack on thier own as people assume to but it will still be futile. This is a lost battle.

They should come to an understanding with the US.

1 Like

Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by maasoap(m): 3:27pm On Jun 12, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

I really pity huawei. They are ready to beg but the Chinese government is proving stubborn.

I read an article that said that if US wanted to total end the company totlly and instantly it will but because of some tariffs the US want to get from China, it is only going for a crippling attack.

So huawei might be crippled and rendered almost moribund just like BB.

Well, let's watch and see

You read an article! May be you should read this too https://www.nairaland.com/5239276/white-house-budget-chief-officially

USA government can't hurt Huawei right now without hurting too many American companies. Huawei is not about phones alone in America, Europe and Asia. It is only in Africa we think Huawei is about only phones

1 Like

Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 3:37pm On Jun 12, 2019
prodigyhenry:

China has more than 700 million smartphone users, US has 300 million. China recently signed a contract with a Russian chip maker to produce their processors, thus they've effectively captured the market in Russia, which is the biggest country in the world. lots of other companies have shown interest in the new OS. It's just a matter of time before phone manufacturers totally dump android for Oak OS.
The OS is compatible with Android and so Android apps will run in it. They're in talks with apptoide to use their app for managing app downloads.
in the long run, who's the loser?
figure it out.

1 Like

Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by pacespot(m): 3:53pm On Jun 12, 2019
martineverest:
u it mentioned facebook,what about others I mentioned?..who will develop games for Huawei? who will develop bank apps and other important apps for them..it cost 50k dollars to develop one app and 6 months to do that.developers go with the crowd.

u think Europeans ,Americans,Koreans,with Americans,Australians,Japanese, Russians Taiwanese and other Asians will use Chinese operating system?..if u think so,then why aren't they using Chinese android OS?

never underestimate the potentials of an innovative technology, one thing I know for sure in life is that people love to explore something new and Chinese are very good at innovations.

if the oak OS provides a better user experience in terms of slick use than what currently exists in Android, be waiting for the forth industrial revolution that will knock out the ass of Android and other American tech giants. everything depends on how innovative the new OS is.

1 Like

Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by ajibolag(m): 4:00pm On Jun 12, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Did you say the Chinese government didn't ban Facebook etc? Here are screenshots to prove you wrong.

Also, China does nothing than intellectual theft most of the time. Currently, they have ran to Russia for help. Further evidence that they cant do jack on thier own as people assume to but it will still be futile. This is a lost battle.

They should come to an understanding with the US.

Alright bro. calm down

Don't trust these western news, they love painting China as a bad dude.
had it been the apps you mentioned were banned, Chinese wouldn't be using these apps. These apps were censored and they can be accessed using VPNs. why are you pained, is it not because fb, WhatsApp and Google apps are not making money in China ? whereas they do. Like, I suggested earlier learn more about the innovations coming out of China and you will give them credit.

Please, discard the ideology that the Chinese are still stealing technologies. Obviously, they started with that and improved on it.

can you tell me where they stole the 5G from?
The largest telescope in the world is in China
China is the only place where all you need when going out is your mobile phone, you don't need to take cash.
China is the only place where artificial intelligence, voice recognition, facial recognition is prevalent
China is the only place where their agricultural scientist have discovered how to turn desert land into farmable land.
In China you will see glass bridges, railway tracks running through storey building.

Please bro, I beg you read about their innovations and give them credit forget these bad reviews about Chinese techs stemming from western news

2 Likes

Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jun 12, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

What with you nigga,You seem to be fighting very hard for trump & the Americans. or are you an Americanus. I for one love competition...so up hongmeng, promise to get one with its online.

3 Likes

Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by new2012: 4:15pm On Jun 12, 2019
maasoap:

Apps are different thing entirely! Apps belong to individuals, not the governments. You can't force Chinese to use USA developed apps. Likewise, you can't force USA citizens to use apps developed in China. That doesn't hurt anyone. Apps are meant to collect the users data secretly and Chinese are not comfortable with that.
But when you're bullying the companies in your country to stop honouring the contracts they have with Huawei in the name of SECURITY threat that doesn't exists, you should know that you are taking it too far.

You want stuffs to be Apple for Apple? Tech is diff!

If you believe the security threat to US claim doesn't exist but believe the Chinese govt stopped her citizens from using American Developed App coz of Security and that security threat exist, then you're not listening to yourself.

If the Chinese can ban all American apps claiming they're protecting their citizens from American threats why can't the US do same? They hurt each other on different levels and that's their business, just don't jump to a side before you understand their 'wars'

2 Likes

Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by martineverest(m): 4:32pm On Jun 12, 2019
maasoap:

Why wouldn't it has all those apps?
cos they are made by america ns
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by sumboty: 6:41pm On Jun 12, 2019
maasoap:

The reason had been made known by the Budget Office. That the early implementation would hurt US companies. (https://www.nairaland.com/5239276/white-house-budget-chief-officially). Many people here like you think it is about phones as far Huawei is concerned! No. They're into other telecommunication technology like Masts. And countries like UK has refused to buy the crap USA is trying to sell to them in name of Security Spy. They even warned Trump administration to take it easy. Many countries have even embraced Huawei 5G technology and they're not ready to listen to USA false alerts

may the good Lord bless you for this informative article....
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by DeejaywonDJ1(m): 7:04pm On Jun 12, 2019
bendike:

Please if you have nothing to contribute, kindly leave others to share air their views. Nobody is stopping you from building your "empire" so please go ahead, after all it will be for the betterment of you and your family.
Thanks jare, I don't really like it when people are not responsible or can't construct simple criticism without insult. After all I'm not a kid like he postulated.
Re: 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS by bolu1920: 7:12pm On Jun 12, 2019
martineverest:
u cleau don't have good knowledge of operating system and developers..ask Ur self what made the most secured and beat OSes, blackberry and windows phone fail?

don't forget microsoft is the biggest software company in the world and blackberry is the king of operating system security
I don't know much abt OS, buh if blackberry and mighty Microsoft can fall Who said that android can't fall

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS / How To Subscribe And Watch Netflix Movies In Nigeria / TECNO Spark 7p (N60,900) Vs Infinix Hot 10 (N63,400) Which Should U Buy?(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.