Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,151 members, 7,864,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:12 AM

JAMB, Institutions Approve 160 As Cut-off Mark For 2019 Admission - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB, Institutions Approve 160 As Cut-off Mark For 2019 Admission (16202 Views)

Federal University Oye-ekiti (FUOYE) 2018/2019 Admission Thread / UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread / 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAMB, Institutions Approve 160 As Cut-off Mark For 2019 Admission by Bizlifelines201: 1:30pm On Jun 12, 2019
This is a national disgrace and I urge the authorities in the University of Lagos to reject such arrant admission cut off nonsense. 40% is third class and how many organisations and even government agencies hire third class graduates.

1 Like

Re: JAMB, Institutions Approve 160 As Cut-off Mark For 2019 Admission by Exodora: 1:32pm On Jun 12, 2019
Chaaai education in Nigeria is a mess kaaaaaiiiiii.
Me that took exam in Goethe institute( German Exam) scored 61 and they gave me a C .While Nigeria exam when you get a 60 you be jumping like a frog say you don score B.

1 Like

Re: JAMB, Institutions Approve 160 As Cut-off Mark For 2019 Admission by mindtricks: 1:37pm On Jun 12, 2019
No surprises at all. Do they really care?

Now that we have tried 160/400 as cut off mark for admission, next year I guess we do 100/400 since obviously, quantity is the focus, not quality.

This is Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: JAMB, Institutions Approve 160 As Cut-off Mark For 2019 Admission by Jinad50: 2:29pm On Jun 12, 2019
tayebest:
Rubbish! angry

it won't work. We've heard many from the past, infact there was a time jamb dare to peg cutoff mark to 120 for university, even private universities rejected the shiit. If this is what oloyede wants to reduce our admission status to, then let him use the exit door.

Many universities are still suffering about the blunder he made on scrapping PUTME in 2016. Many reason why those U16 head just dull anyhow since they were not screen before admission! cry
Oloyede is only acting at the behest of his principals in person of Malam Adamu Adamu and President Buhari. It's a shame our education is hitting the rocks.
Re: JAMB, Institutions Approve 160 As Cut-off Mark For 2019 Admission by sundayoluwatimi(m): 2:57pm On Jun 12, 2019
In order words, 40% is a pass mark.

We are not ready for serious business in the education sector. We will remain (gi)ANT of Africa for long.

1 Like

Re: JAMB, Institutions Approve 160 As Cut-off Mark For 2019 Admission by deleo16(m): 3:08pm On Jun 12, 2019
Debaks1:

Olodo spotted
check educational system in Finland if truely he is an olodo it's not a must everyone goes to University a proper basic education is a must for everyone (primary or secondary) then the FG can give equal rights to those who are in vocational school and polytechnic with that of University pride and ego will not finish us in this country no human being is useless we all have our diversity and strength but here in if u dont attend a University majority of the society looks down people(CERTIFICATE GLORIFYING SOCIETY) I pray we get to a point in our educational system where talent and skill is spotted early in life in other to direct a child on where to harness such GIFT

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JAMB, Institutions Approve 160 As Cut-off Mark For 2019 Admission by juniorstar(m): 3:24pm On Jun 12, 2019
Gradually stealing the future from the youths..how can you expect such a candidate representing Nigeria well in the world stage. What contributions can they make.

1 Like

Re: JAMB, Institutions Approve 160 As Cut-off Mark For 2019 Admission by Debaks1: 3:31pm On Jun 12, 2019
[quote author=deleo16 post=79263011]check educational system in Finland if truely he is an olodo it's not a must everyone goes to University a proper basic education is a must for everyone (primary or secondary) then the FG can give equal rights to those who are in vocational school and polytechnic with that of University pride and ego will not finish us in this country

How does it translate into vocational practitioners better than their educated counterparts....do I know Whr Nigerians rank in terms of education literacy....we are not educated to the point where we advocate for otherwise....and stop referring to countries smaller than my local government....
Re: JAMB, Institutions Approve 160 As Cut-off Mark For 2019 Admission by OdenKelechi(m): 3:33pm On Jun 12, 2019
This is horribly low

1 Like

Re: JAMB, Institutions Approve 160 As Cut-off Mark For 2019 Admission by deleo16(m): 3:37pm On Jun 12, 2019
[quote author=Debaks1 post=79263752][/quote] you make laugh no wonder Human capital index in this country is almost zero and China polytechnic graduate are taking over our work force e.g construction do a Google search on best education system in the world check Singapore too if not one of best LOCATE your country happy democracy day cool

Re: JAMB, Institutions Approve 160 As Cut-off Mark For 2019 Admission by princeade86(m): 4:06pm On Jun 12, 2019
To exhaust students from sales of post jamb and later tell them they have their own cut off mark.

1 Like

Re: JAMB, Institutions Approve 160 As Cut-off Mark For 2019 Admission by Julius209(m): 4:13pm On Jun 12, 2019
This can never be possible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JAMB, Institutions Approve 160 As Cut-off Mark For 2019 Admission by Jinad50: 7:40pm On Jun 12, 2019
Students hardly read.
Special centre has become a given.
It explains why we have so many half bake graduate that are unemployable.

Most of the students that couldn't meet the 200 cut off mark scored almost all A(s) in their various WAEC results. What an irony!

The standers should be maintained. The few hard working students that were able to score 200 should be given admission.

Enough of this unnecessary compromise of our educational standers, all in a bid to accommodate lazy students.

1 Like

Re: JAMB, Institutions Approve 160 As Cut-off Mark For 2019 Admission by Debaks1: 7:47am On Jun 13, 2019
deleo16:
you make laugh no wonder Human capital index in this country is almost zero and China polytechnic graduate are taking over our work force e.g construction do a Google search on best education system in the world check Singapore too if not one of best LOCATE your country happy democracy day cool
So advising ppl not to go to school again will make it better....I'll ve u know that the human capital index is subject to a ton of criticism....it doesn't take brain drain or migration into consideration which is a common phenomenon in Nigeria.... Yes.. The standard needs to be upgraded and the curriculum overhauled....thay doesn't change he fact that an educated populace will be more productive than an uneducated one...ve a nice life..
Re: JAMB, Institutions Approve 160 As Cut-off Mark For 2019 Admission by deleo16(m): 1:25am On Jun 16, 2019
Debaks1:

So advising ppl not to go to school again will make it better....I'll ve u know that the human capital index is subject to a ton of criticism....it doesn't take brain drain or migration into consideration which is a common phenomenon in Nigeria.... Yes.. The standard needs to be upgraded and the curriculum overhauled....thay doesn't change he fact that an educated populace will be more productive than an uneducated one...ve a nice life..
u beat around the bush can u read my two post clearly but slowly this time I made reference to Finland even the Americans University eductaion is optional not by force am not against people going to University but the sad part University eduction its not meant for everyone the basic one is must for all(primary and secondary) we can make alternative of the tertiary education too for another set of individual who wants to further e.g Finland educational system or Singapore

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Jobs Aptitude Tests Past Questions And Answers Download / Ekenze Chigozie: I Almost Dropped Out Of School – IMSU Best / UTME: 62,140 Candidates Set To Re-write JAMB On 1st Of July

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.