Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,823 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

The Scam Called Shoptomydoor.com Dont Use Them!!! - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Scam Called Shoptomydoor.com Dont Use Them!!! (8677 Views)

The Global Scam Called Omegapro / Shoptomydoor/shiptonaija: Dubious Character. / Shoptomydoor Scammer Or Not?. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Scam Called Shoptomydoor.com Dont Use Them!!! by shoptomydoor: 1:02pm On May 11, 2020
[quote author=fixmykey post=89057502]

Good day and thank you for contacting us. Shoptomydoor ships every customers items purchased from online stores in the US and UK items, received in the warehouse, but on cases where any item was obtained through fraudulent means, that is purchased with a fraudulent card, we wont ship such item but return it to the sender who was scammed of it. If your brother's claim is true, kindly provide us with the shipment number of the item or email address used to open an account with shoptomydoor, so that we can provide you with proof of this.

We await to hear from you.
Re: The Scam Called Shoptomydoor.com Dont Use Them!!! by Enniez2018(m): 4:48am On May 12, 2020
The reputation of this company has really been thrown to the dogs.

2 Likes

Re: The Scam Called Shoptomydoor.com Dont Use Them!!! by tnktosin(m): 9:32am On May 30, 2020
I have used circuitatlantic.com, shippyme.com and for the past few years shoptomydoor and their sister company shipnaija. I had to cut my relationship with them last year after a terrible experience which led to my abandoning some of my items with them after the items got to Lagos, this is after they separated my items, did air-freight for one part and the other took over 6 months on 'sea'. Maybe one day I'd have time to make an extensive post on the entire experience. There are other reputable ones out there but I'm not here to promote another. For me, its anything but shoptomydoor.
Re: The Scam Called Shoptomydoor.com Dont Use Them!!! by mavibest12: 9:50pm On May 30, 2020
warrenweste:

Please can you tell us more about them? shocked what exactly did they do?

They are scam, I lost 5 iPhone x with them in 2018 they recieved the package and they claimed they didn't received it.
Re: The Scam Called Shoptomydoor.com Dont Use Them!!! by warrenweste(m): 9:55pm On May 30, 2020
mavibest12:

They are scam, I lost 5 iPhone x with them in 2018 they recieved the package and they claimed they didn't received it.

damn sorry about that
Re: The Scam Called Shoptomydoor.com Dont Use Them!!! by Goodman2030: 12:36am On May 31, 2020
Wow , I was really about to use them for a transaction just now .. omoh Thank God I saw this ..

Can someone recommend better alternatives
Re: The Scam Called Shoptomydoor.com Dont Use Them!!! by bcashy: 7:09am On May 31, 2020
Idiots claiming entrepreneurs, running business like clowns! Thank God i came across this!
Re: The Scam Called Shoptomydoor.com Dont Use Them!!! by Nobody: 7:23am On May 31, 2020
It's always good to read reviews.

Waoh shocked
Re: The Scam Called Shoptomydoor.com Dont Use Them!!! by willola28: 5:11pm On Jun 30, 2020
Hello,

It's been a while since I last visited shoptomydoor reviews on Nairaland, And I am not surprised to see that Shoptomydoor PR isn't even trying anymore to deny many allegations levied against them since I’m sure many of them are actually true. I started with shoptomydoor since 2012 and I am one of their old customers, but even the most loyal of customers can see how they've gone downhill since when I joined in 2012. I am going to share my experience which is now looking like a final nail in the coffin.

I use both their UK and US warehouse and I am going to share my experience with both. Let me start with the UK warehouse, I have an electric kettle and one charger in the UK warehouse, which they made me pay $ 89.52 to ship it to their office in Nigeria, (Not my house) Their office. Yes, you read correctly $82. It's been over 1 month since I paid for that item, It’s not here yet. I paid for that shipment on the 27th OF MAY 2020, as of writing this review, It's 30th of June. I don't have a package yet. Their WhatsApp number who would usually address my concerns isn't even replying regularly anymore. It's now an off and on thing.

I currently have some items in my USA warehouse. Small items (Weighing Scale, PS4 CD, and a phone casing). On the warehouse page, they claimed my shipping and clearing is $68... Between the warehouse page and the checkout page, the total price being charged by them increased to $83. I noticed they started charging $5 for every delivery to their warehouse and they started charging a tax of 7.5%. Which got the total up to $83. I called their customer service number to address this issue, all he could tell me 'rudely' is that if I cannot afford the air basic charges, I should go with the ocean shipping, which would take months to arrive. I mean, $83 for 3 pieces of small items is crazy expensive. No matter how you want to spin it. Which I can guarantee wouldn't arrive at the promise time anyway.

On a final note, I would advise people to avoid this shoptomydoor company atleast for now, Like I said, I am not a new customer, I've been their customer since 2012 and I rarely use other logistics company, except on rare occasions when I want to deliberately compare shipping prices.. I can tell something is awfully wrong with shoptomydoor recently. If I were to take a guess, I would say they may be on the verge of bankruptcy or collapse. High shipping charges and many unnecessary fees like the inventory charge of $5 per delivery and 7.5% VAT (which wasn't there before) will tell you they're trying to raise money as quickly as possible without caring about the customer.

Another thing I do not like about shoptomydoor, which has been their custom over time is that they will never review your shipping fee. If you feel aggrieved about their charges and you try to get them to review it, they won't even address it. Like I said, I’ve noticed that over time. So whatever total they give you is what you'll pay. No questions asked.

This is my honest review of Shoptomydoor as of June, 30th 2020. my email is eurofieds@gmail.com.

Thank You
Re: The Scam Called Shoptomydoor.com Dont Use Them!!! by donbusky(m): 10:19pm On Jul 01, 2020
Horrible experience with Shoptomy door. I am regretting using you for the 2nd time even after an unpleasant experience last year. I guess I hoped things would be different this time around.

I made a some purchases and shipped to your Houston warehouse. On trying to checkout I see shipping to Nigeria via Air is over $800 including a surprise $90 inventory charge. I screamed and contacted your Customer Service who said nothing can be done, that it is the cost. The shipping weight is so much higher than the actual weight and I am told that it is because of dimensions of the package to contain all my items.

No problem, I decide to use ocean shipping which will take 2 - 3 months, but cheaper at approximately $400 and proceed to checkout. The site advertises to me beside the Checkout button that I can subscribe and save. If I subscribe at $29 for 1 month (plus 7.5% VAT), I save 10% on all types of shipping. I am intrigued and decide to try this so I stop the checkout and go subscribe. After subscription, I start the checkout process again and surprise, there is no 10% discount applied to my cart.

I called customer care to complain, they say nothing can be done, that the discount will apply to my next shipping. I said no, this is not what your site advertised. It clearly showed at point of checkout that I could subscribe and save (see picture below). At no point did it say that it will not apply to current order. In any case, if the discount wont work no problem, cancel and refund me the subscription. What did they say? No way, subscriptions cannot be canceled.

I spend more than 40 mins on the phone with them across 3 calls, no luck. Each time they promise to review and call back but of course they do not do so. In essence:
1. I have to pay high shipping fees, nothing can be done about it
2. I make payment for subscription, I don't get the discount, nothing can be done about it
3. I ask for a refund of the subscription, I am told no, nothing can be done about it

I did not ask that they review the shipping cost or inventory cost, I did not complain. All I asked for was that they should give the discount as advertised for their subscribers, or if they cannot deliver promised service, they should refund it.

Is Shoptomydoor out to scam people, or do they just not care at all about their customers? What type of shoddy, careless and disrespectful customer service is this? Essentially holding me to ransome because the longer I delay, my goods will start incurring storage costs daily on their site.

This is so sad. I have learnt my lesson the hard way dealing with Shoptomydoor and I will urge everyone else to do their research and be careful. There are tons of negative reviews online, and they are not fabricated, they are real. I have unfortunately experienced it myself.

Re: The Scam Called Shoptomydoor.com Dont Use Them!!! by Ikemba007: 3:51pm On Jul 03, 2020
[quote author=shoptomydoor post=89428921][/quote]

Yes, I have been thinking about getting on Twitter and IG, then I found this thread. I paid a payment since 24th June, 2020 about 9 days ago, and we are still busy with back and fort emails and phone calls about verification of my payment. Already they are delaying for 9 days, and they'll later say we are sorry. If I had asked them to deliver my items 9 days earlier would they take sorry as payment? Then delay me and say sorry. I bought some books for my training and with this delay, I will surely miss the deadline for submission.

I am waiting for a few days to explode if my items continue to remain in the warehouse. I am really pissed right now!

Another set of items I bought from Amazons directly to my address are on their way here, shop to my door is yet to even move my things from their warehouse.
Re: The Scam Called Shoptomydoor.com Dont Use Them!!! by Jwonder(m): 3:37pm On Sep 24, 2020
Ikemba007:

Yes, I have been thinking about getting on Twitter and IG, then I found this thread. I paid a payment since 24th June, 2020 about 9 days ago, and we are still busy with back and fort emails and phone calls about verification of my payment. Already they are delaying for 9 days, and they'll later say we are sorry. If I had asked them to deliver my items 9 days earlier would they take sorry as payment? Then delay me and say sorry. I bought some books for my training and with this delay, I will surely miss the deadline for submission.

I am waiting for a few days to explode if my items continue to remain in the warehouse. I am really pissed right now!

Another set of items I bought from Amazons directly to my address are on their way here, shop to my door is yet to even move my things from their warehouse.

Thank God i saw this thread

1 Like

Re: The Scam Called Shoptomydoor.com Dont Use Them!!! by SoldierPikin: 8:09pm On Jul 20, 2021
I have to bump this thread. These guys are awful!

Total bait and switch and extortion play. They don't charge by pound but use an imaginary dimensional weight on everything. They always fudge their metrics.
One of their employees opened up to me about their tactics.
They want to charge me over $100 to ship 2 bras and refuse to consolidate my shipment so they can get more money.
We have a surprise for them.
Re: The Scam Called Shoptomydoor.com Dont Use Them!!! by kizluv(f): 8:49am On Dec 29, 2021
OMG!!!
Thank God I read this post, I was just going to ship to their warehouse, now that exchange rate is very high, they will use me to fry dodo, Good riddance!!!!!
Re: The Scam Called Shoptomydoor.com Dont Use Them!!! by TheOldGods: 10:46am On Apr 25, 2022
Bring it alive.
Re: The Scam Called Shoptomydoor.com Dont Use Them!!! by bluedefender: 7:44am On Oct 01, 2023
kizluv:
OMG!!!
Thank God I read this post, I was just going to ship to their warehouse, now that exchange rate is very high, they will use me to fry dodo, Good riddance!!!!!

Hello October 2023, is that exchange rate you talked about here 2021 still high?
Re: The Scam Called Shoptomydoor.com Dont Use Them!!! by miracle4(m): 5:04pm On Oct 22, 2023
Thanks for this review! I'd have fallen victim
Re: The Scam Called Shoptomydoor.com Dont Use Them!!! by farydah: 6:55pm On Jan 19
Wow it's good to read reviews sha because I really wanted to use them. Bumping this for someone else
Re: The Scam Called Shoptomydoor.com Dont Use Them!!! by fredrickeghosa: 1:14pm On Feb 07
I have read the reviews here, and they are scary, can anyone suggest a Shoptomydoor alternative thats reliable and I can use? i need to buy some stuffs from amazon and their shipping fee is too expensive

(1) (2) (Reply)

LoadNG Automated Systems Official Nairaland Customer Support / Fish Farm Blog / Fcmb’s Profit Rises By 109% To N16.3bn In 2016, Declares 10k Dividend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.