Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

Egusi Stew Recipe Please? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Egusi Stew Recipe Please? (5682 Views)

Share Your Stew Recipe! / Best Ofada Rice And Stew Recipe / Ofada Stew Recipe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Egusi Stew Recipe Please? by nosilla(f): 8:23pm On May 07, 2007
Can some one help me out here please?

My guy loves egusi, I have made a few of his favourite foods but I am not sure how to make Egusi.

Thanks in advance.

nosillA xx
Re: Egusi Stew Recipe Please? by cuteass1(f): 8:27pm On May 07, 2007
I gave you a link, on your welcome thread, "Egusisoup" is one of the recipies:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-25475.0.html

The answer to all your "food" worries!!! wink
Re: Egusi Stew Recipe Please? by naijacutee(f): 9:05pm On May 07, 2007
Thanks Couz, I need a recipe for egusi as well (Brought loads back from naija, no idea what to do with it!!!!!!)
Re: Egusi Stew Recipe Please? by cuteass1(f): 9:32pm On May 07, 2007
naijacutee:

Thanks Couz, I need a recipe for egusi as well (Brought loads back from naija, no idea what to do with it!!!!!!)

Sis you're kidding me, and i thought i was lagging behind lol, i know how to cook egusi, onugbu, ogbono and some others but yet to learn some. But your post gave me some assurance grin

Well indirectly you were the one that let me in on that link, you gave it to some lady some time on nairaland, i visited it and ooh lawd was i overjoyed or what?? grin

Already did the meatpie, and it was hmm hmm hmm, tasted better than those ones you get in "Mr. biggs"!!! wink grin
Re: Egusi Stew Recipe Please? by naijacutee(f): 1:03am On May 08, 2007
Hehe for real o! I know how to cook these things sha but when you haven't practised for such a long time one tends to forget. . . . Please, nne biko, how do you go about the onubu soup? How does one make it thick in these parts where they haven't got cocoyam?
Re: Egusi Stew Recipe Please? by cuteass1(f): 1:25am On May 09, 2007
naijacutee:

Hehe for real o! I know how to cook these things sha but when you haven't practised for such a long time one tends to forget. . . . Please, nne biko, how do you go about the onubu soup? How does one make it thick in these parts where they haven't got cocoyam?

I know what you mean, but don't worry, when you walk into the food-office(kitchen) and bring out your tools,it'll run back naturally wink

As per the thickening of "Onugbu soup", you should have travelled back with some dry powdered coco yam, serves the same but in the absense of that, use some powdered yam (i know its there, my aunt use it), just prepare it like you prepare your "nri ji" but make it more gummy then use it in place of the "cocoyam"

Believe me, its the same effect wink
Re: Egusi Stew Recipe Please? by chiegemba(f): 1:28am On May 09, 2007
@ cute; hi cutie! how r u doin?
Re: Egusi Stew Recipe Please? by cuteass1(f): 1:40am On May 09, 2007
chiegemba:

@ cute; hi cutie! how r u doin?

I'm doing great ooh, how is my darling doing??
Re: Egusi Stew Recipe Please? by chiegemba(f): 1:44am On May 09, 2007
fine thanks; grin. "Hope everything is goin on fine with u"
Re: Egusi Stew Recipe Please? by cuteass1(f): 1:56am On May 09, 2007
chiegemba:

fine thanks; grin. "Hope everything is goin on fine with u"

Yes ooh, a Lil bit tired though. Will be hitting the bed very soon wink

YOU??
Re: Egusi Stew Recipe Please? by chiegemba(f): 2:01am On May 09, 2007
am @ sch though. Finals period. Have a class in d next 1hr. came 2 sch way early. Would b done this month by "His Grace".

Have a good night then grin (Sweet Dreams)
Re: Egusi Stew Recipe Please? by OBYLILLY(f): 11:00am On May 09, 2007
:oEgusi soup Recipe.
Baby gal take note of the ingredients.   Egusi, Meat, Stockfish, Dryfish, Onion, Pepe, Maggi,
Opeye,Red oil, Crafish.
Grind egusi, mould it into small balls.Season the meat with maggi, onion & salt.Allow to cook for 10 mints,then add the stock fish $ dry fish
Add the egusi balls, add red oil, allow to cook till the meat softens.Bring out the egusi pound it into pieces.Add crafish,opeye,pepe maggi including the
egusi and allow to cook for abt 30mints.
Re: Egusi Stew Recipe Please? by exotique(f): 3:28pm On May 09, 2007
Pound wat into pieces?
d molded egusi balls?
Re: Egusi Stew Recipe Please? by Rukkyj(f): 3:46pm On May 09, 2007
You girls have wet my appetite now and i can't see the food. Why are you gils this selfish? cheesy
Re: Egusi Stew Recipe Please? by hbrednic: 4:11pm On May 09, 2007
@Rukkyj
since u are in Lagos,why dont u run into any nwanyi nnewi's joint to satisfy Ur appetite.
Re: Egusi Stew Recipe Please? by naijacutee(f): 6:31pm On May 10, 2007
Please where is Nwanyi Nnewi's joint?
Re: Egusi Stew Recipe Please? by nosilla(f): 9:04pm On Jun 09, 2007
I finally got round to making Egusi stew for my guy. I could the meet a little too long and I think I should have let the dry prawns and catfish steep over night before i cooked it, however it turned out wonderful and my fella was well impressed.

I have to say it is not something I could make on a regular basis as my home still smells fishy from it.

Next time I make it I will take a photo and post it on here for you all to see.

nosillA xx

(1) (Reply)

How To Prepare Tomato Stew Without Oil / How Do You Make Adun? - any suggestions? / 6 Bakeries In Lagos Where You Can Get Quality Bread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.