Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,546 members, 7,816,327 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

Help, My Staff Are Stealing My Money In Millions - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help, My Staff Are Stealing My Money In Millions (2407 Views)

Bank Staff Are Sharing The New Currency Among Themselves / How Can Someone Use My BVN Pin To Withdraw My Money. / 3 Internet Businesses That Will Rake In Millions For You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, My Staff Are Stealing My Money In Millions by ultron12345: 4:45pm On Jun 13, 2019
Good day nairalander. Please, I need advice.

I'm into trading of agricultural produce. I buy produce from states where they are abundant and sell in states where they're scarce. Every week, I send out trucks of produce to various markets around the country with 3 staff on board to sell the goods. The value of these goods are about 1.7 to 2 million naira per truck. The staff are to go with the truck to the market (another state), sell the goods in the market, pay the money (usually around 1.7 to 2Million) into the company bank account and come back to base.

I'm having problems monitoring them. It's easy to know how much they sell because the goods are in units, but how do I ensure they don't run away with the money. A month ago, 3 staff disappeared with 1.8 million naira after selling the produce. Their phones are not going through, their family and friends havent heard from or seen them. I reported to the police but all efforts to get them have proved abortive. I recently saw a social media update from one of them, and from the surroundings, it seems he has left the country. It's not the first time, last December, a team also disappeared with 2 million naira. All this theft is straining my business, we're already finding things difficult.

Please, what measures can I put in place to ensure they stop disappearing with my money. Is there a way to restructure the business to stop this theft. I cant be at all markets at the same time. How do I stop this. This theft is killing my business. I'll be very grateful for any advice I can get here.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Help, My Staff Are Stealing My Money In Millions by Bizmagnet: 4:53pm On Jun 13, 2019
Don't they have guarantors?

1 Like

Re: Help, My Staff Are Stealing My Money In Millions by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 13, 2019
There’s a solution.

But are you willing to spend the money to get the results?
Re: Help, My Staff Are Stealing My Money In Millions by ultron12345: 5:00pm On Jun 13, 2019
Bizmagnet:
Don't they have guarantors?
The guarantors are surprised too. The staff just disappeared without a trace. And the guarantors don't look like people who can afford to repay such money. They're just begging upandan. One even said he can only afford to pay it in installments of N20,000 annually and the police said I should take it like that, that there's nothing more they can do. Most of the guarantors are just poor, struggling old relatives.

3 Likes

Re: Help, My Staff Are Stealing My Money In Millions by ultron12345: 5:03pm On Jun 13, 2019
mrAMG2:
There’s a solution.

But are you willing to spend the money to get the results?

Please, I'll like to know this solution. I'm ready to spend a bit more to stop all this theft.
Re: Help, My Staff Are Stealing My Money In Millions by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jun 13, 2019
ultron12345:
Please, I'll like to know this solution. I'm ready to spend a bit more to stop all this theft.

What’s your email address?
Re: Help, My Staff Are Stealing My Money In Millions by Sika07: 5:18pm On Jun 13, 2019
ultron12345:
The guarantors are surprised too. The staff just disappeared without a trace. And the guarantors don't look like people who can afford to repay such money. They're just begging upandan. One even said he can only afford to pay it in installments of N20,000 annually and the police said I should take it like that, that there's nothing more they can do. Most of the guarantors are just poor, struggling old relatives.

There are ways around issues like this. Send me a picture and I will help in my little way.
Re: Help, My Staff Are Stealing My Money In Millions by Olamotad: 5:22pm On Jun 13, 2019
Are they the ones that find the buyers of the goods or you? I can help you put internal control in place. Call 07038669820
Re: Help, My Staff Are Stealing My Money In Millions by wizecoder1: 5:30pm On Jun 13, 2019
Re: Help, My Staff Are Stealing My Money In Millions by Nikkol: 5:32pm On Jun 13, 2019
Can't the buyers make an express transfer to the company's account? Cos its even dangerous carrying such amount of money about b4 getting to the bank. Meanwhile should you have any vacancies,i am an applicant.
Re: Help, My Staff Are Stealing My Money In Millions by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jun 13, 2019
ultron12345:

If you’re not comfortable exchanging contact emails just check out Field Insight https://www.fieldinsight.co/

Then request a demo or just drop your email for further correspondence and possibly a discount �

1 Like

Re: Help, My Staff Are Stealing My Money In Millions by erubasa(f): 5:50pm On Jun 13, 2019
Mr man you will go bankbruft let your customers pay upfront into the companys account before deliverying the goods to them. Since you are well known to them. Or else if you continue with the method you are adopting the business will close down. Dönt let your staff collect any money again. Let customers pay into company account before delivery. Make lntegrity, efficiency, and God fear your watch word and let them produce wealthy gurantors before u employ them. This is the advice i can give to you.

16 Likes

Re: Help, My Staff Are Stealing My Money In Millions by Collins4u1(m): 6:13pm On Jun 13, 2019
Don't you have a relative that will be going to market with the two other persons?

1 Like

Re: Help, My Staff Are Stealing My Money In Millions by funsho75(m): 6:38pm On Jun 13, 2019
I think looking for family members would be cool

I understand the fact that family members too f up.

But to some level family members can be Trusted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help, My Staff Are Stealing My Money In Millions by ultron12345: 8:23pm On Jun 13, 2019
Olamotad:
Are they the ones that find the buyers of the goods or you? I can help you put internal control in place. Call 07038669820
Yes, they take it to the market where buyers buy from them.
Re: Help, My Staff Are Stealing My Money In Millions by ultron12345: 8:24pm On Jun 13, 2019
Re: Help, My Staff Are Stealing My Money In Millions by ultron12345: 8:25pm On Jun 13, 2019
Nikkol:
Can't the buyers make an express transfer to the company's account? Cos its even dangerous carrying such amount of money about b4 getting to the bank. Meanwhile should you have any vacancies,i am an applicant.
The business can't be done like that. It involves live sales to various customers at the market. OK, I promise to let you know if a vacancy arises
Re: Help, My Staff Are Stealing My Money In Millions by ultron12345: 8:26pm On Jun 13, 2019
mrAMG2:

If you’re not comfortable exchanging contact emails just check out Field Insight https://www.fieldinsight.co/

Then request a demo or just drop your email for further correspondence and possibly a discount �
Thanks a lot. This looks promising. I'll look into it.
Re: Help, My Staff Are Stealing My Money In Millions by ultron12345: 8:29pm On Jun 13, 2019
erubasa:
Mr man you will go bankbruft let your customers pay upfront into the companys account before deliverying the goods to them. Since you are well known to them. Or else if you continue with the method you are adopting the business will close down. Dönt let your staff collect any money again. Let customers pay into company account before delivery. Make lntegrity, efficiency, and God fear your watch word and let them produce wealthy gurantors before u employ them. This is the advice i can give to you.
This is the problem. The business involves taking the goods to the market on market days where market women come to buy. No-one will agree to pay upfront, they'll just switch to other suppliers on the market day. They prefer live business. Pay and carry.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, My Staff Are Stealing My Money In Millions by ultron12345: 8:30pm On Jun 13, 2019
Collins4u1:
Don't you have a relative that will be going to market with the two other persons?
They go to so many markets per week. I don't have plenty relatives to be following the trucks
Re: Help, My Staff Are Stealing My Money In Millions by GeekfromLasgidi(m): 8:55pm On Jun 13, 2019
ultron12345:
They go to so many markets per week. I don't have plenty relatives to be following the trucks
Better you appoint someone who is trusted and well paid to handle cash transactions for you.
If sales happen simulatenously, then maybe you need two people.
Please note. Trusted and well paid so stealing your funds won't appeal to them.

You can contact me directly to help you work out modaliti to this effect. There are more practical ways you can approach this business without the risk of losing funds.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Staff Are Stealing My Money In Millions by macphilip: 9:29pm On Jun 13, 2019
I think in this case, you can partner with your bank.
your business sales/turnover means you are a serious customer to any bank/microfinance bank

You can plan with your bank/account officer to arrange for a staff/cashier that would be
helping you to collect money at the point of transaction at the market where your goods are being sold.

Better still you can also partner with a reliable security company to have a security officer/personnel/policeman always
accompany your trucks & staff when they are going to make sales at the market place.

I don't think any of your staff would want to mess with your hard earned money when they see an unfriendly eye
monitoring their activities.

4 Likes

Re: Help, My Staff Are Stealing My Money In Millions by xtivin(m): 9:46pm On Jun 13, 2019
Get POS, simple as ABC,

4 Likes

Re: Help, My Staff Are Stealing My Money In Millions by Collins4u1(m): 9:48pm On Jun 13, 2019
ultron12345:

So more than one truck leave at once.?
Re: Help, My Staff Are Stealing My Money In Millions by Acidosis(m): 9:57pm On Jun 13, 2019

Over 65% of employees will steal if they see others do so without consequence (Source: CNN Stats).

Oga, you're too soft. Ensure those who have stolen from you are brought to book first. Place business on hold and put those criminals in jail. Trust me, many of those asking you to contact them off this page fall in the same category (66%) of those who would steal from you because they've seeing your weakness.

Put those criminals/and their guarantors (families) in jail, and no one else will steal a dime from you.

That's the first principle. We will talk about the second when you implement the first.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help, My Staff Are Stealing My Money In Millions by Okonyeleo(m): 10:05pm On Jun 13, 2019
sir a need such job and am a graduate and experience marketer. as per stealing my G.O will sign for cos am a pastor. 07067004135 you will never regret employing me and I can help structure your business and cub the stealing
Re: Help, My Staff Are Stealing My Money In Millions by SmartToyota(m): 11:43pm On Jun 13, 2019
How about the drivers? I think they can help you out. Did you personally employ them?
Re: Help, My Staff Are Stealing My Money In Millions by Ikanium(m): 11:43pm On Jun 13, 2019
Hello good evening sir. I would want to say employ me but we are discussing trust issue here so here are my humble opinion

Employ me, i can go to any state you will be sending goods to a day before delivery
Then i will get two police personnels for the sale period i believe 8000 - 10000 should be enough to settle them

Meet the sellers with the police men, they sell, they send the money to the company account right there. Work is done.

I move to the next state and do same.. This is risky for me but I'm willing to take that risk because i need to change my financial situation

Then you will pay me monthly

I can be reached via 090-16023-860 or wattsapp 081888-977-79
Re: Help, My Staff Are Stealing My Money In Millions by courage54(m): 1:27am On Jun 14, 2019
Asking for guarantors from employees before giving them employment is an old fashion way of doing business and if you most ask, the guarantors most meet some certain conditions and even made to sign and present a blank cheque especially for a liquid business like yours. But most importantly you need to put in place a good quality control measures.
Re: Help, My Staff Are Stealing My Money In Millions by casydigital(m): 1:33am On Jun 14, 2019
how much profit do you make per truck load ? can you spend 10k - 50k extra expenses per truck load ? if yes then meet a security company and sign a deal with them so a security officer goes with them on each trip .

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Staff Are Stealing My Money In Millions by Justicemem(m): 2:05am On Jun 14, 2019
Sir when you've put the necessary security precautions in place, I would love to submit my CV for employment consideration. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Help, My Staff Are Stealing My Money In Millions by cue64: 5:00am On Jun 14, 2019
The truth is any solution you guys are proffering will not work! Yes that’s the truth, I know a lot about this business... and the only thing that works is truthfulness and trust, sadly a lot of Nigerians are not known for that, that’s why most who engage in this business proffer orthodox solutions and devilish means to protect their money, cos those are the only thing most Nigerians are scared of...

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

IMO STATE UNIVERSITY (IMSU) ADMISSION / 10 Reasons Why Mmm Will Never Crash Facts! / SCAM ALERT!!! Don't Be A Victim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.