Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

The Holy Rosary Is A Powerful Prayer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Holy Rosary Is A Powerful Prayer (5805 Views)

Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans / Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary ( Sorrowful & Glorious ) / Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Holy Rosary Is A Powerful Prayer by grailife(m): 11:51am On Oct 03, 2010
THE HOLY ROSARY IS A POWERFUL PRAYER.
ENDEAVOUR TO PRAY THE HOLY ROSARY DAIRY.
The fifteen promises made by our Lady to those that recite the Holy Rosary with their heart.
1. To all those who will recite my Rosary devoutly I Promise my special protection and very great Graces.
2. Those who will persever in the recitation of my Rosary shall receive some signal Grace.
3. The Rosary shall be a very powerful amour against hell, it shall destroy vice, deliver from sin, and shall dispell heresy.
4. The Rosary shall make virture and good works flourish, and shall substitute in hearts love of God for love of the world, elevate them to desire Heavenly and eternal goods. Oh that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
5. Those who trust themselves to Me through the Rosary, shall not perish.
6. Those who will recite my Rosary piously considering its mysteries, shall not be overwhelmed by misfortune nor die a bad death. The sinner shall be converted, the just shall grow in grace and become worthy of etenal life.
7. Those truly devoted to my Rosary shall not die without the consolations of the Church or without Grace.
8. Those who will recite my Rosary shall find during their life and at their death the light of God, the fulness of His grace and shall share in the merits of the Blessed.
9. I will deliver promptly from purgatory the soul devoted to my Rosary.
10. The true children of my Rosary shall enjoy great glory in Heaven.
11. What you ask through my Rosary, shall be obtained.
12. Those who propagate my Rosary shall obtain through Me aid in all their necessities.
13. I have obtained from my Son that all the conferers of the Rosary shall have for their brethren in life and death the Saints of heaven.
14. Those who recite my Rosary faithfully are all my beloved children, the brothers and sister of Jesus Christ.
15. Devotion to my Rosary is a special sign of predestination.
Re: The Holy Rosary Is A Powerful Prayer by grailife(m): 10:15pm On Oct 03, 2010
THE ORIGIN OF THE ROSARY
The Holy Rosary had been in use all through the centuries from the time of the apostles and the disciples till now, since it is composed of Christ's prayer and Angelic salutation, that is Our Father and Hail Mary. It is even the first prayer of the faithful.
But in the year 1214 the Holy Rosary as it is now and according to the method we use today came to us through Saint Dominic who received it from our Blessed Mother Virgin Mary as a powerful means of converting the Albigensians and other sinners.
This is how he received it as it is in the very well known book "De Dignitate Psaltari by Blessed Alande la Roche
1" Saint Dominic seeing that the people's sin were too much and that it hinders the conversion of the Albigensians withdrew into the forest near 'Toulouse' where he prayed seriously for three days and three nights. During this period, he always weep and do serious penance in order to reduce the anger of the Almighty God. The penance he did was too much to the extent that his body was not like human being's body. At last he fall into a coma.
At this point our Lady followed by three Angels appeared to him, she said "Dear Dominic do you know which weapon the Blessed Trinity wants to use to reform the world?" Saint Dominic answered. You know far better than I do because next to Your Son Jesus Christ You have always been the chief instrument of our salvation".
Then our Lady replied, "I want you to know that in this kind of warfare, the weapon has always been the Angelic Psalter which is the foundation stone of the New testament. There, if you want to reach these hardened souls and win them over to God, preach my Psalter"
So he arose comfortably and burning with zeal for the conversion of the people in that district, he made straight to the Cathedral. At once unseen Angels rang the bell to gather the people together and saint Dominic began to preach.
To be continued. . .
Re: The Holy Rosary Is A Powerful Prayer by grailife(m): 1:05am On Oct 04, 2010
2" At the beginning of his sermon an appaling storm broke out, the earth shook, the sun was darkenend and there was so much thunder and lightening that all were very much afraid. Even greater was their fear when looking at a picture of our Lady exposed in a prominent place. They saw Her raise Her arms to heaven three times to call down God's vengeance upon them if they failed to be converted to amend their lives and seek the protection of the Holy Mother of God.
God wished by means of this supernatural phenomenon to spread the new devotion of the Holy Rosary and to make it more widely known.
At last at the prayer of Saint Dominic the storm came to an end and he went on preaching. So fervently and compelling did he explain the importance and value of the Holy Rosary that almost all the people of Toulouse embraced it and renounced their false beliefs, in a very short time a great improvement was seen in the town. People began living christian lives and gave up their former bad habits. Saint Dominic preached the Holy Rosary for the rest of his life. He preached it by his examples as well as by his sermons, in cities and in country places, to people of high status and low, before scholars and the uneducated, to Catholics and to Heretics.
So my dear brothers and sisters, in the name of the Blessed Virgin Mary who gave us the Holy Rosary for prayer and in the name of Jesus Christ Her Son, I beg, let us be praying the Holy Rosary all the time in our life time. It will help us to be perfect as our heavenly Father is perfect. Let us remember that the Holy Scripture said that we should be perfect as our heavenly Father is perfect ( Mt. 5.48 ). So to reach that perfection the bible is talking about, we should pray the Holy Rosary with all the sincerity of our spirit, heart and body. Our mind should be contemplating the mysteries of the Most Holy Rosary. Let us not think that we cannot do it, because, difficult things are done by human beings. If we shall be remembering always that difficult things are done by human beings, we shall be more serious to put more effort in praying the Holy Rosary. We shall also have strong faith in God and also pray for His grace and mercy. If we do as stated, we shall see that to pray Holy Rosary is not difficult instead it is as sweet as honey and it does wonders. Let us remember also that the bible said "with God all things are possible" ( Mark 10:27 ).
So let us be moving forward in praying the Holy Rosary and other prayers also in doing good things. Let us not fall back, if we are always on, God will grant us our petitions, and our Lady will be interceding for us.
So Do Not Wast Time Any Longer
There Is No Time Any More
Start It Today.
Re: The Holy Rosary Is A Powerful Prayer by grailife(m): 10:37pm On Oct 04, 2010
The procedure of praying the CHAPLET
With the opening prayer which is calling upon the Holy Spirit:
In the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
V. Come Holy Spirit fill the heart of thy faithful.
R. And enkindle in them the fire of thy love.
V. Send forth Thy Spirit and they shall be created.
R. And thou shall renew the face of the earth.
LET US PRAY
O God who by the light of the Holy Spirit didst instruct the heart of the faithful, grant that in the same spirit we may be truly wise and ever rejoice in His consolation. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.
V. Thou O Lord wilt open my lips.
R. And my tongue shall announce Thy praise.
V. Incline unto my aid O God.
R. O Lord make haste to help me.
V. Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.
R. As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be world without end. Amen.
PETITION
( Say your private intentions after which you begin with the Apostle's Creed )
THE APOSTLE'S CREED
I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, Our Lord who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried. He descended into hell the third day He rose again from the dead, He ascended into heaven, sitteth at the right hand of God the father Almighty from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit the Holy Catholic Church the Communion of Saints the Forgiveness of sins the Reserrection of the body and Life everlating. Amen.
Our Father
Our Father who art in heaven hallowed be Thy name, Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven, Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our tresspasses as we forgive those who trespass against us and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen.
HAILY MARY
Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with Thee blessed art Thou among women and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb Jesus, Holy Mary Mother of God pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. ( 3 times )
Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be world without end. Amen.
O My JESUS
O my Jesus forgive us our sins save us from the fire of hell, lead all souls to heaven especially those who are mostly in need of Thy mercy.
V. Jesus have mercy on us
R. Virgin Mary help us.
V. May the divine assitance remain always with us, may the souls of the departed.
R. Through the mercy of God rest in peace. Amen.
To be continued. . .
Re: The Holy Rosary Is A Powerful Prayer by poweredcom(m): 11:35pm On Oct 04, 2010
grin grin grin
Bulshit, it is just a secret cult ok stop deceiving your self you are just a black man whose identity have been brainwashed by these Ok waht is so oly mary there even while jesus was o earth i dont se reason while we should praise or worship Mary , omo na wa oo
Re: The Holy Rosary Is A Powerful Prayer by grailife(m): 12:04am On Oct 05, 2010
JOYFUL MYSTERIES
( And where they are in the bible and their virtues )
Mondays and saturdays and all sundays in advent.
1. The Annuciation ( LK. 1 : 28 )
Let us meditate on how Angel Gabriel visited and greeted Virgin Mary, Hail Mary you are full of grace. You will be the mother of Jesus Christ.
( Virture of the mystery : Humility ).
Chorus: O Mary Queen, you are the mother of all, hear and receive this mystery, song our prayer.
O Holy Mary obtain for us the grace for the virture of humility.
OUR FATHER
HAIL MARY ( 10 times )
GLORY BE
O MY JESUS
( The second, third, fourth and fifth mysteries will be prayed in the same manner ).
2. The Visitation ( LK. 1 : 41 - 42)
When the Angel told Mary that Elizabeth her cousin was pregnant, she went quickly to see her and stayed with her for three mothers.
( Virtue of the Mystery : Love of neighbour ).
Chorus : Oh Mary, Queen. . . . .
O Holy Mary obtain for us the grace for the virtue of love of neighbours.
3. The Birth of JESUS ( NATIVITY ) LK. 2 : 7
When the time for Virgin Mary to deliver came, She gave birth to the Child Jesus at Bethlehem in a manger within the animal hurt in the town.
( Fruit of the Mystery : Poverty ).
Oh Mary Queen. . . . .
O Holy Mary obtain for us the grace of being poor in spirit.
4. The Presentation (Lk. 2 : 22 - 23 )
She presented Jesus in the temple on the day of Her purification where Simeon gave thanks to eternal Father and blessed the King of the world.
( Virtue of the Mystery : Obedience ).
Oh Mary Queen. . . . .
O Holy Mary Obtain for us the grace of the virtue of obedience
5. The finding of the Child Jesus in the temple ( Lk. 2 : 46 )
Having searched for Jesus three days Joseph and Mary later found the Child Jesus at the temple of Jerusalem among the Jewish learned people. He was teaching them and answering their questions
( Virtue of the mystery : Love of Jesus and piety ).
Oh Mary Queen. . . . .
O Holy Mary Obtain for us the grace of piety and the love of Jesus.
Re: The Holy Rosary Is A Powerful Prayer by grailife(m): 12:29pm On Oct 05, 2010
SORROWFUL MYSTERIES
( And where they are in the bible and their virtues )
Tuesdays and Fridays and all sundays in lent ; This will be prayed in this way
1. The agony in the garden ( Lk. 22 : 44 - 45 )
Let us meditate on how Jesus suffered in the garden of Getsemani, the pains He suffered in His heart the sweat like blood that dropped from His body.
( Fruit of The Mystery : Sorrow for sin ).
Chrous: O mary Queen, you are the Mother of all, hear and receive this mystery, song and our prayer.
O Holy Mary obtain for us the grace of sorrow for our sins.
2. The scorging at the pillar ( JN. 19 : 1 )
Jesus was tied to the pillar before the public and was scourged by the ordinary Jewish citizens.
( Fruit of the Mystery : Purity ).
Oh Mary Queen. . . . .
O Holy Mary obtain for us the grace to live the life of purity.
3. The crowning with thorns ( MATT. 27 : 28 - 29 )
The soldiers plaited a crown of thorns and placed it on Jesus head they mocked Him and saying, Hail You King of the Jews
( Fruit of the Mystery : Moral Courage ).
O Holy Mary obtain for us the grace of moral courage.
4. The carrying of the cross ( JN 19 : 17 )
Jesus was sentenced to death. He was made to carry a heavy cross to Mount Calvary. On His way, He fell three times on the rocky path.
( Virtue of the Mystery : Patience ).
Oh Mary Queen. . . . .
O Holy Mary obtain for us the grace for the virtue of patience.
5. The crucifixion ( LK. 23 : 46 )
When Jesus arrived at Calvary. The soldiers stripped Him of His clothes and the Son of God was nailed to the cross with big nails.
( Virtue of the Mystery : Perseverance ).
Oh Mary Queen. . . . .
O Holy Mary obtain for us the grace for the virtue of perseverance.
Re: The Holy Rosary Is A Powerful Prayer by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:21pm On Oct 05, 2010
@grailife has gone round the deep end. A Grail Member on a Catholic Addiction grin grin grin grin
Re: The Holy Rosary Is A Powerful Prayer by grailife(m): 1:33pm On Oct 05, 2010
GLORIOUS MYSTERIES
And where they are in the bible and their virtues
Wednesdays and Sundays
( This will also be prayed in the same way ).
1. The resurrection ( MK. 16 : 6 )
Our Lord Jesus Christ overcame death and was glorified. He rose from the dead at the early hours of the third day.
( Virtue of the Mystery : Faith )
Chorus: O Mary Queen, You are the Mother of all, hear and receive this mystery, song and our prayer.
O Holy Mary obtain for us the grace for the virtue of faith.
2. The Ascension ( Mk. 16 : 19 )
When it was time for Him to leave this world Jesus with His Glory, ascended into heaven and sitteth at the right hand of God, the Father Almighty.
( Virtue of the Mystery : Hope).
Oh Mary Queen. . . . .
O Holy Mary obtain for us the grace for the virtue of hope.
3. Thd descent of the Holy Spirit ( Acts. 2 : 41 )
Let us meditate on how God the Holy spirit descended upon the apostles revealing to them the great mysteries as Jesus the Lord had promised.
( Virtue of the Mystery : Love of God ).
Oh Mary Queen. . . . .
O Holy Mary obtain for us the grace to love our God our Creator.
4. The Assumption ( REV. 12 : 1 )
Blessed Virgin Mary was taken up to heaven where She went straight to Her Son Jesus Christ, Host of Angels received Her when She entered into heaven.
( Fruit of the Mystery : Grace for happy death ).
Oh Mary Queen. . . . .
O Holy Mary obtain for us the grace for a happy death and eternal happiness.
5. The coronation ( Judith 15 : 9 - 10 )
The blessed Trinity Crowned Virgin Mary the queen of Angels and of the Earth till world without end.
( Fruit of the Mystery : Trust in Mary's intercession ).
Oh Mary Queen. . . . .
O Holy Mary obtain for us the grace to love You and to trust in Your intercession.
Re: The Holy Rosary Is A Powerful Prayer by grailife(m): 2:34pm On Oct 05, 2010
LUMINOUS ( LIGHT) MYSTERIES
And where they are in the bible and their virtues
Thursdays ( This will be prayed in the same way )
1. The Baptism of Jesus Christ at Jordan. ( MTT. 3 : 16 - 17 ).
As soon as Jesus was baptised by John a voice from heaven proclaimed ; This is my own dear Son with Whom I am well pleased.
( Fruit of the Mystery : Purity of heart and spirit).
Chorus : O Mary Queen, You are the Mother of all, hear and receive this mystery, song and our prayer.
O Holy Mary obtain for us the grace to live the life of purity of heart and spirit all the days of our life.
2. The Selfmanifestation of Jesus Christ at the wedding at cana ( JN. 2 : 11 ).
Jesus changed water to wine at the wedding at Cana when there is no wine. From it He manifested His glory and His disciples believes in him.
( Fruit of the mysteries : Believing in Jesus Christ and in His word ).
Oh Mary Queen. . . . .
O Holy Mary obtain for us the grace to believe in Jesus Christ and in His word.
3. The proclamation of the kingdom of God with His call to Conversion. ( MK.1 : 14 - 15 ).
Jesus begins the work of salvation through preaching the good news for the kingdom of God and calls for conversion of sinners.
( Fruit of the Mystery : Active in God's work).
Oh Mary Queen. . . . .
O Holy Mary obtain for us the grace to be active in God's work and without fear or favour.
4. The transfiguration of Jesus Christ at Mount Tabor. ( Lk. 9 : 28 - 29 ).
Jesus and His three apostles went to Mount Tabor to pray ; while they were praying His face changed majestically and His clothes glitters in dazzling white.
( Fruit of the Mystery : self transformed ).
Oh Mary Queen. . . . .
O Holy Mary obtain for us the grace to be firmly transformed inwardly and outwardly.
5. The institution of the Eucharist as the Sacramental expression of the Paschal Mystery. ( Lk. 22 : 19 - 20 ).
Jesus instituted the Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist at the last super with His apostles through changing bread and wine to be His Body and Blood.
( Fruit of the Mystery : Honour and adoration to Jesus in the Holy Eucharist ).
Oh Mary Queen. . . . .
O Holy Mary obtain for us the grace to honour and adore Jesus in the Holy Eucharist and paying Him visit always
Re: The Holy Rosary Is A Powerful Prayer by grailife(m): 5:18pm On Oct 05, 2010
HAIL HOLY QUEEN
Hail Holy Queen Mother of Mercy hail our sweetness and our hope, to thee do we cry poor banished children of Eve to Thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this vale of tears. Turn then Most Gracious Advocate thine eyes of Mercy towards us and after this our exile show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary.
V. Pray for us O Holy Mother of God
R. That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.
LET US PRAY
O God whose only begotten Son, by His life, death and ressurection, has purchased for us the rewards of eternal life, grant we beseech thee, that meditating upon these mysteries in the most Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary, we may imitate what they contain and obtain what they promise, through the same Christ our Lord. Amen.
V. Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.
R. Have mercy on us.
V. Immaculate Heart of Mary.
R. Pray for us.
V. St. Joseph.
R. Pray for us
V. St. Louis Marie de Montfort.
R. Pray for us.
V. All you Angels and Saints of God.
R. Pray for us.
LITANY OF THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY.
V. Lord have mercy on us.
R. Lord have mercy on us.
V. Christ have mercy on us.
R. Christ have mercy on us.
V. Lord have mercy on us.
R. Lord have mercy on us.
V. Christ hear us.
R. Christ graciously hear us.
V. God the Father of Heaven.
R. Have mercy on us.
V. God the Son, Redeemer of the world.
R. Have mercy on us.
V. God the Holy Spirit.
R. Have mercy on us.
V. Holy Trinity, one God.
R. Have mercy on us.
Holy Mary. R. Pray for us.
Holy Mother of God. R. Pray for us
Holy Virgin of virgins. R. Pray for us
Mother of Christ R. Pray for us
7. Mother of Divine grace. R. Pray for us
Mother most pure. R. Pray for us
Mother most chaste. R. Pray for us
Mother inviolate. R. Pray for us
Mother undefiled. R. Pray for us
Mother most amiable. R. Pray for us
Mother most admirable. R. Pray for us
Mother of good counsel. R. Pray for us
Mother of our Creator. R. Pray for us
Mother of our Saviour. R. Pray for us
Virgin most prudent. R. Pray for us
18. Virgin most venerable. R. Pray for us
Virgin most renowned. R. Pray for us
Virgin most powerful. R. Pray for us
Virgin most merciful. R. Pray for us
Virgin most faithful. R. Pray for us
Mirror of Justice. R. Pray for us
Seat of Wisdom. R. Pray for us
Cause of our joy. R. Pray for us
Spiritual vessel . R. Pray for us
Vessel of honour. R. Pray for us
Singular vessel of devotion. R. Pray for us
Mystical Rose. R. Pray for us
Tower of David. R. Pray for us
Tower of ivory. R. Pray for us
House of gold. R. Pray for us
Ark of the Convenant. R. Pray for us
Gate of Heaven. R. Pray for us
Morning Star. R. Pray for us
Health of the sick. R. Pray for us
Refuge of sinners. R. Pray for us
Comfort of the afflicted. R. Pray for us
Help of Christians. R. Pray for us
Queen of Angels. R. Pray for us
Queen of Patriarchs. R. Pray for us
Queen of Prophets. R. Pray for us
Queen of Apostles. R. Pray for us
Queen of Martyrs. R. Pray for us
Queen of Confessors. R. Pray for us
Queen of Virgins. R. Pray for us
Queen of all Saints. R. Pray for us
Queen conceived without original sin. R. Pray for us
Queen assumed into heaven. R. Pray for us
Queen of the Most Holy Rosary
Queen of Peace. R. Pray for us
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world : spare us, o Lord.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world : Graciously hear us, o Lord.
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world : Have mercy on us.
Pray for us, O holy Mother of God, that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.
Grant, we beseech you, o Lord God, that we, your servants, may enjoy perpetual health, both of mind and body, and by the glorious intercession of blessed Mary ever virgin, we may be delivered from present sorrow, and attain to eternal joy, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Re: The Holy Rosary Is A Powerful Prayer by grailife(m): 11:33pm On Oct 06, 2010
MEMORARE
Remember, O most loving Virgin Mary, that never was it known that any one who fled to Thy protection, implored Thy help, or sought Your intercession, was left unaided, filled with this confidence, I fly unto Thee O Virgin of Virgins, My Mother, to Thee I come, before Thee I kneel sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions but in Your mercy hear and answer me. Amen.
WE FLY TO THY PATRONAGE
We fly to Thy patronage O Holy Mother of God despise not our prayers in our necessities but deliver us from all dangers O ever Glorious and Blessed Virgin Mary. Amen.
DAILY OFFERING ( Known as morning offering )
O Jesus, through the immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer Thee all my prayers, works, joys and sufferings of this day in union with the Holy sacrifice of the Mass throughout the whole world for all the intention of Your Most Sacred Heart and for the intention of the Holy Father the Pope for this month. Amen.
Re: The Holy Rosary Is A Powerful Prayer by grailife(m): 2:42pm On Oct 08, 2010
CATENA
Antiphon:
Who is she that cometh forth as the morning rising? Fair as the moon, bright as the sun, terrible as an army set in battle array.
V. My soul doth magnify the Lord.
R. And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my saviour.
V. Because He had regarded the humility of His handmaid for behold from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.
R. For He that is mighty hath done great things for Me and Holy is His name.
V. And His mercy is from age to age to those who fear Him.
R. He hath showed might in His arm, He hath scattered the proud that conceit of their heart.
V. He hath put down the mighty from their seats and hath exalted the humble.
R. He hath filled the hungry with good things and the rich He hath sent away empty.
V. He hath received Isreal His servant being mindful of His mercy.
R. As He spoke to our fathers to Abraham and to his seed for ever.
V. Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.
R. As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be world without end. Amen.

Anthiphon:
Who is she that cometh forth as the morning rising? Fair as the moon, bright as the sun, terrible as an army set in battle aray.
V. O Mary Queen conceived without sin.
R. Pray for us who have recourse to Thee.
LET US PRAY
O Lord Jesus Christ our Mediator with the Father who hast been pleased to appoint the Most Blessed Virgin Thy Mother to be our Mother also and our Mediatrix with Thee, mercifully grant that those who so ever comes to Thee seeking Thy favours may rejoice to receive all of them through Her. Amen.
Mary Immaculate, Mediatrix of all graces pray for us
Saint Micheal and Saint Gabriel pray for us
All ye Heavenly powers
Mary's legion of Angels pray for us
Saint John the Baptist pray for us
Saint Louis Maria De Monfort pray for us
LET US PRAY
Confer, O Lord on us who serve beneath the standard of Mary, that fullness of faith in Thee and trust in Her, which it is given to us to conquer the world. Grant us a lively faith animated by charity which will enable us to perfom all our action from the motive of pure love of Thee and ever to see Thee and serve Thee in our neighbour, a faith firm and immovable as a rock, through which we shall rest tranquil and steadfast amid the croses, toil and disappointment of life, a courageous faith which will inspire us to undertake and carry out without hesitation great things for God for the salvation of souls. A faith which will be our love's pillar of fire to lead us forth united to enkindle every where the fire of Divine love to enlighten those who are in darkness and in the shadow of death to inflame those who are luke-warm to bring back life to those who are dead in sin and guide our feet in the way of peace, so that when the battle of this life is over we may reassemble without the loss of anyone in the kingdom of Thy love and glory. Amen.
V. May the divine assistance remain always with us, may the soul's of faithful departed
R. Through the mercy of God rest in peace. Amen.
Re: The Holy Rosary Is A Powerful Prayer by 5solas(m): 5:44pm On Oct 10, 2010
what a thread!
Re: The Holy Rosary Is A Powerful Prayer by chidyke77(m): 6:18pm On Oct 10, 2010
Good
Re: The Holy Rosary Is A Powerful Prayer by TheClown: 9:55am On Oct 11, 2010
Where a man's treasure is, there his heart would be.
Re: The Holy Rosary Is A Powerful Prayer by grailife(m): 9:20am On Oct 17, 2010
ACT OF CONSECRATION TO THE IMMACULATE OF MARY
I . . . . . . . ( here call your name ) a faithless sinner renew and ratify, today in Thy hands, O Immaculate Mother, the vows of my baptism, I renounce forever satan, his pomps and works, and I give myself entirely to Jesus Christ the Incarnate Wisdom to carry my cross after Him all the days of my life and to be more faithful to Him than I have ever been before.
In the presence of all the Heavenly Court, I choose Thee this day for my Mother and Mistress. I deliver and consecrate to Thee as Thy slave, my body and soul, my goods both interior and exterior and even the value of all my good actions past, present, and future, leaving to Thee the entire and full right for disposing of me and all that belongs to me without exception, according to Thy good pleasure, for the greater glory of God in time and in eternity. Amen
( Montfort Consecration )
Re: The Holy Rosary Is A Powerful Prayer by free123: 3:47pm On Oct 17, 2010
@grailife
My brother i tell you this day that there was no time Jesus gave us his mother while on earth to be our mediator. He is the only way to God Almighty. He is the only mediator between God Almighty and Man. Remember what He said about anybody trying to get to Father through other means.
why not pray to God Almighty through Jesus instead of reciting all over prayer laid down be men with their tradition even before you were born.

The word of God is very clear on this, pray to God Almighty with a genuine heart through Jesus Christ who is the only way to the Father. smiley
Re: The Holy Rosary Is A Powerful Prayer by grailife(m): 6:05pm On Oct 18, 2010
The more we honor the Blessed Virgin, the more we honor Jesus Christ, because we honor Mary only that we may the more perfectly honor Jesus, since we go to her only as the way by which we are to find the end we are seeking, which is Jesus.
Re: The Holy Rosary Is A Powerful Prayer by grailife(m): 7:22pm On Oct 18, 2010
John 19 vs 26 : 27
Jesus saw his mother and the disciple he loved standing there, so he said to his mother, "He is your son."
Then he said to the disciple, "She is your mother." From that time the disciple took her to live in his home.
Re: The Holy Rosary Is A Powerful Prayer by free123: 7:44pm On Oct 18, 2010
[b]
grailife:

The more we honor the Blessed Virgin, the more we honor Jesus Christ, because we honor Mary only that we may the more perfectly honor Jesus,
since we go to her only as the way by which we are to find the end we are seeking, which is Jesus.

What is the position of God Almighty in your life?
Jesus said that He is the only way through which God Almighty is sought and found. Jesus is the only Mediator between God and man. i am surprised that you did not include God Almighty in this post. Remember also our Lord's prayer. Jesus while teaching his disciples how to pray, did not include the name of those who died in God before Him. He went straight to the Father by saying Our Father Who Art in Heaven,

i think you will be on the right track if you can only honour Jesus Christ and God Almighty and pray to God Almighty through Jesus Christ without cutting corners to seek Jesus Christ.

peace be unto you.

1 Like

Re: The Holy Rosary Is A Powerful Prayer by grailife(m): 12:26am On Oct 19, 2010
The wedding in Cana.
John 2 vs 1 : 12.
Two days later there was a wedding in the town of Cana in Galilee. Jesus' mother was there, and Jesus and his disciples had also been invited to the wedding. When the wine had given out, Jesus' mother said to him, "They have no wine left."
"You must not tell me what to do," Jesus replied. "My time has not yet come."
Jesus' mother then told the servants, "Do whatever he tells you."
The Jews have rules about ritual washing, and for this purpose six stone water jars were there, each one large enough to hold about a hundred litres, Jesus said to the servants, "Fill these jars with water." They filled them to the brim, and then he told them, "Now draw some water out and take it to the man in charge of the feast." They took him the water, which now had turned into wine, and he tasted it . He did not know where this wine had come from ( but, of course, the servants who had drawn out the water knew ), so he called the bridegroom and said to him, "Everyone else serves the best wine first, and afterthe guest have had plenty to drink, he serves the ordinary wine. But you have kept the best wine until now!"
Jesus performed this first miracle in Cana in Galilee, there he revealed his glory, and his disciples believed in him. After this, Jesus and his mother, brothers, and disciples went to capernaum and stayed there a few days.
Re: The Holy Rosary Is A Powerful Prayer by udennaa: 12:55pm On Oct 19, 2010
@grailife,there is nothing powerful about the rosary.most catholics are practising religion which takes one nowhere.read your bible n ask the Holy Spirit to teach u to pray n He will.forget all these rosary nonsense.
Re: The Holy Rosary Is A Powerful Prayer by Mudley313: 1:53pm On Oct 19, 2010
confusion of christianity grin
Re: The Holy Rosary Is A Powerful Prayer by grailife(m): 10:06pm On Oct 19, 2010
Prayer to the Angel Guardian.
Angel of God, my guardian dear, to whom his love commits me here, ever this day be at my side, to light and guard, to rule and guide. Amen.

Prayer to Saint Micheal.
Saint Micheal the Archangel, defend us in the day of battle, be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God, cast into hell satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl through the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.
Re: The Holy Rosary Is A Powerful Prayer by Almuhandis: 11:06am On Oct 21, 2010
coolGod i am worried!
you see the hypocrisy that Jesus detest so much.Jesus himself said no one can get to the father except through me-this is Jesus's statement. fast forward to Nigeria today-a guy is insisting one need to go through Mary to get Jesus's attention. Even an illiterate when shown the options would know that he did prefer to go thru Jesus. What a dogmatic jam bordering on cultism cool
Pls when Jesus finally deliver you, do come back and let us know so that we can do a thanks giving service with you. yesua huwa ibnu Allahu.shukran grin
Re: The Holy Rosary Is A Powerful Prayer by free123: 7:09pm On Oct 21, 2010
grailife has refused to answer my question of God's position in his life. Is he worshiping Jesus through Mary or vice versa.
Jesus himself told us to seek the Father through Him (Jesus) but you see, man and his tradition, they have chosen to relegate God Almighty due to their ignorance of the word of God.

please grailife, there is only one God and one mediator between God and man - Jesus Christ. Jesus did not seek His Father through Mary, Angels or any other means and He did not tell us to seek Him (Jesus) through Mary or Angels rather He said that we should seek God Almighty through Him (Jesus).

This your way of worship is not biblical at all and please stop this Roman tradition!
Re: The Holy Rosary Is A Powerful Prayer by exago(m): 12:41pm On Oct 23, 2010
Job 33:23
"Yet if there is an angel on his side as a mediator, one out of a thousand, to tell a man what is right for him.

Galatians 3:19
What, then, was the purpose of the law? It was added because of transgressions until the Seed to whom the promise referred had come. The law was put into effect through angels by a mediator.

Galatians 3:20
A mediator, however, does not represent just one party; but God is one.

But who is that Mediator. . . . .

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus

1 Like

Re: The Holy Rosary Is A Powerful Prayer by DonXavi(m): 7:29pm On Oct 23, 2010
grailife:

Prayer to the Angel Guardian.
Angel of God, my guardian dear, to whom his love commits me here, ever this day be at my side, to light and guard, to rule and guide. Amen.

Prayer to Saint Micheal.
Saint Micheal the Archangel, defend us in the day of battle, be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God, cast into hell satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl through the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.
I can not blame you for being where you are, maybe for the fact that you were born into it and it has really become your tradition but if you sincerely wanna seek God, you can pray for him to open your eyes to know the truth about him, The kind of zeal you have for God is really tremendous but quite a pity it's wrongly channeled, how can you be praying to angels and the so called saints if you read your Bible very well from Genesis to Revelation you can never see any command from Jesus for such practices. I can equally help you in prayers so that God can speak to your heart.
Re: The Holy Rosary Is A Powerful Prayer by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 24, 2010
by praying d rosary no body is going to d father thru mary .rather we are going 2 d son thru mary d same way protestants go jesus thru dr pastors when they ask their pastors to pray 4 them.by the way why u ur pastors collect tithe 4 jesus i thought jesus is d only mediztor bw god n man.how come when money is involved pastors suddenly become mediators
Re: The Holy Rosary Is A Powerful Prayer by free123: 6:30pm On Oct 24, 2010
chukwudi44:

by praying d rosary no body is going to d father thru mary .rather we are going 2 d son thru mary d same way protestants go jesus thru dr pastors when they ask their pastors to pray 4 them.by the way why u your pastors collect tithe 4 jesus i thought jesus is d only mediztor bw god n man.how come when money is involved pastors suddenly become mediators

bros, Jesus neva told us to seek Him thru Mary rather He told us to seek the Father thru Him (Jesus). The tithe u mentioned can neva be the way to God Almighty but Jesus is. I know this is too hard for u to understand just as a muslem will find it difficult to understand that his religion supports violence. Continuing studying ur bible,one day God will open ur eyes to see the truth.
Re: The Holy Rosary Is A Powerful Prayer by grailife(m): 4:45am On Nov 10, 2010
PRAYER TO ST JOSEPH
To Thee, O Blessed Joseph, we have recourse in our affliction and having implored the help of Thy thrice holy Spouse, we now, with hearts filled with confidence, earnestly beg Thee also to take us under Thy protection. By that charity, where with Thou wert united to the Immaculate Virgin, Mother of God, and by that Fatherly love, with which thou didst cherish the Child Jesus, we beseech Thee and we humbly pray thou wilt look down with gracious eyes upon that inheritance which Jesus Christ purchased by His Blood, and wilt succor us in our need by Thy power and strength.
Defend, O most watchful guardian of The Holy Family, the chosen offspring of Jesus Christ. Keep from us, O most loving Father, all blight of error and corruption. Aid us from on high, most viliant defender, in this conflict with the powers of darkness, and even as of old, thou didst rescue the Child Jesus from the peril of His life, so now defend God's Holy Church from the snares of the enemy and from all adversity. Shield us ever under Thy patronage, that, imitating Thy example and strenghtened by Thy help, we may live a holy life, die a happy death, and attain everlasting blis in Heaven. Amen.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

House Of Rainbow Metropolitan Community Church-homosexuals Plan Vigil In Lagos / Polygamy Is Not Sinful! A Biblical Defense / “there Is No Hell Fire; Adam & Eve Not Real” - Pope Francis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.