Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,065 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) (24072 Views)

Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans / Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary ( Sorrowful & Glorious ) / Catholic Daily Devotion And Meditations-the WORD Among Us. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by damerry(m): 12:48am On Aug 23, 2013
Rosary Meditation:

The Mysteries of the Rosary are events that occurred during the lives of Jesus and Mary. When praying the rosary, the Mysteries are the visuals that we meditate on as we recite each rosary decade (a group of 10 Hail Mary prayers). Meditation is what makes the rosary such a powerful devotion. With meditation, we add substance to our prayers and better align ourselves to a Higher Power.
Rosary prayers must include meditation! When you first learn how to pray the rosary, you may be more concerned about memorizing the prayers than you are about remaining focused on your meditation. This is perfectly normal. However, once you understand the basics of how to pray the rosary, it becomes time to focus your attention towards improving your ability to meditate on the Mysteries of the Rosary during prayer. Rosary recitation without meditation is not nearly as effective than with meditation. To experience the full benefits and potential of praying the rosary, meditation on the Mysteries of the Rosary is absolutely essential.
There are 20 total Mysteries broken out into four different groups: Joyful Mysteries, Sorrowful Mysteries, Glorious Mysteries, and Luminous Mysteries. Most people limit their rosary prayers to one set of Mysteries per day by following the typical rosary schedule. However, if you can meditate on more than five Mysteries a day it would be great! The more you pray the better - but obviously not everyone has time to meditate on all 20 Mysteries a day. Therefore, pray the rosary and meditate on at least five Mysteries a day. Once you see the benefits of praying the rosary with meditation, you may want to meditate on all 20 Mysteries of the Rosary!

THE JOYFUL MYSTERIES

The First Joyful Mystery of the Rosary is the Annunciation of the Lord.

when the angel Gabriel appeared to the Blessed Virgin Mary to announce that she had been chosen by God to bear His Son. The virtue most commonly associated with the mystery of
the Annunciation is humility.

Meditation on the Annunciation:

"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done to me according to thy word" (Luke 1:38. With those words—her fiat—the Virgin Mary placed her trust in God. She was
only 13 or 14; betrothed, but not yet married; and God was asking her to become the Mother of His Son. How easy it would have been to say no, or at least to ask God to
choose someone else! Mary had to have known what others would think, how people would look at her; for most people pride would prevent them from accepting God's Will. But not Mary. In humility, she knew that her entire life depended on God; how could she turn down even this most remarkable of requests? From a young age, her parents had dedicated her to the service of the Lord; now, this humble servant would devote her entire life to the Son of God. Yet the Annunciation is not only about the humility of the Virgin Mary. In this moment, the Son of God "emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in the likeness of men, and in habit found as a man. He humbled himself . . . " (Philippians 2:7-8. If Mary's humility was remarkable, how much more so that of Christ! The Lord of the Universe has become one of His own creatures, a man like us in everything but sin, but even more humble than the best of us, because the Author of Life, in the very moment of His Annunciation, became "obedient unto death, even to the death of
the cross" (Philippians 2:8. How, then, can we refuse God anything He asks of us? How can we let our pride stand in the way? If Mary can give up all worldly reputation to bear His Son, and His Son can
empty Himself and, though sinless, die the death of sin on our behalf, how can we refuse to take up our cross and follow Him?

The Second Joyful Mystery of the Rosary is the Visitation,

when the Virgin Mary, having
learned from the angel Gabriel that her cousin Elizabeth was also with child, rushed to her side. The virtue most commonly associated with the mystery of the Visitation
is love of neighbor.

Meditation on the Visitation:

"And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?" (Luke 1:43). Mary has just received life-changing news, news that no other woman will ever receive: She is to be the Mother of God. Yet in announcing this to her, the angel Gabriel also revealed that Mary's cousin Elizabeth is six months' pregnant. Mary does not hesitate, does not worry about her own situation; her cousin needs her. Childless
until now, Elizabeth is beyond the normal childbearing years; she has even hid herself from the eyes of others, because her pregnancy is so unexpected. As the body of our Lord is growing in her own womb, Mary spends three months caring for Elizabeth, leaving only shortly
before the birth of Saint John the Baptist. She shows us what true love of neighbor means: placing the needs of others above our own, devoting ourselves to our
neighbor in his or her hour of need.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by damerry(m): 1:32am On Aug 23, 2013
The Third Joyful Mystery of the Rosary is the Nativity of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ more often known as Christmas

The fruit most commonly associated with the mystery of the Nativity is poverty of spirit, the first of the eight Beatitudes.

Meditation on the Nativity:

"And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him up in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there
was no room for them in the inn" (Luke 2:7). God has humbled Himself to become man, and the Mother of God gives birth in a stable. The Creator of the Universe and the Savior of the World spends His first night in that world lying in a feed trough, surrounded by animals, and their food, and their waste. When we think of that holy night, we tend either to idealize it—to imagine it as neat and tidy as the Nativity scenes on our mantels on Christmas Eve—or we think of the physical poverty that Jesus and Mary and Joseph endured. But the physical poverty is merely the outward sign of the inward grace in the souls of the Holy Family.
"Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven" (Matthew 5:3). On this night, Heaven and earth have met in a
stable, but also in the souls of the Holy Family. The Beatitudes, "are expressions of the New Covenant, where happiness is assured already in this life, provided a person totally gives himself to the imitation of Christ." Mary has done so, and so has Joseph; and Christ,
of course, is Christ. Here among the sights and sounds and stench of the stable, their souls are one in perfect happiness, because they are poor in spirit. How wonderful is this poverty! How blessed we would be if we, like they, could unite our lives so fully to Christ that we could see the fallen world around us in the light of Heaven!

The Fourth Joyful Mystery of the Rosary is the Presentation in the Temple

The fruit most commonly associated with the mystery of
the Presentation is purity of mind and body.

Meditation on the Presentation

"And after the days of her purification, according to the law of Moses, were accomplished, they carried him to Jerusalem, to present him to the Lord" (Luke 2:22). Mary had conceived the Son of God as a virgin; she gave birth to the Savior of the World, and her virginity remained intact; through her piety and that of Saint Joseph, she would remain a virgin for her entire life. So what does it mean to refer to the "days of her purification"? Under the Old Law, a woman remained impure for 40 days after the birth of a child. But Mary was not subject to the Law, because of the special circumstances of Christ's Birth. Yet she obeyed it anyway. And in doing so, she showed that a ritual
concerned with the purification of the body was really a symbol for the purity of soul of the true believer. Mary and Joseph offered a sacrifice, in accordance with the Law: "a pair of turtledoves, or two young pigeons" (Luke 2:24), to redeem the Son of God, Who
needed no redemption. "The Law is made for man, not man for the Law," Christ Himself would later say, yet here is the Holy Family
fulfilling the Law even though it does not apply to them. How often do we think that we don't need all the regulations and rituals of the Church! "Why do I have to go to Confession? God
knows I'm sorry for my sins"; "Fasting and abstinence are manmade laws"; "If I miss Mass one Sunday, God will understand." Yet here are the Son of God and His Mother, both more pure than any of us will ever be, abiding by the Law that Christ Himself came not to abolish but fulfill. Their obedience to the Law was not lessened by their purity of soul, but made all the greater. Might we not learn from their example?

26 Likes

Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by damerry(m): 1:41am On Aug 23, 2013
The Fifth Joyful Mystery of the Rosary is the Finding in the Temple, when, after a trip to
Jerusalem, Mary and Joseph could not find the young Jesus.

The virtue most commonly
associated with the mystery of the Finding in the Temple is obedience.

Meditation on the Finding in the Temple:

"Did you not know that I must be about my father's business?" (Luke 2:49). To begin to understand the joy that Mary and Joseph felt on finding Jesus in the Temple, we must first imagine their distress when they realized He was not with them. For 12 years, they had been always at His side, their lives dedicated to Him in obedience to the Will of God. Yet now—what had they done? Where was the Child, this most precious Gift of God? How could they ever endure it if something had happened to Him? But here He is, "sitting in the midst of the doctors, hearing them, and asking them questions" (Luke 2:46). "And his mother said to him: Son, why hast thou done so to us? behold thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing" (Luke 2:48). And then those wondrous words emerge from His lips, "Did you not know that I must be about my father's business?"He has always been obedient to Mary and Joseph, and through them to God the Father,
but now His obedience to God is even more direct. He will, of course, continue to obey His mother and His foster father, but today marks a turning point, a foreshadowing of His public ministry and even of His death on
the Cross. We are not called as Christ was, but we are called to follow Him, to take up our own
crosses in imitation of Him and in obedience to God the Father. Like Christ, we must be about the Father's business in our own lives
—at every moment of every day.

16 Likes

Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by damerry(m): 1:49am On Aug 23, 2013
THE LUMINIOUS MYSTERIES - MYSTERIES OF LIGHT

The First Luminous Mystery
THE BAPTISM OF THE LORD

1. John is baptizing in the Jordan proclaiming a baptism of repentance.
2. "I am the voice of one crying in the desert, make straight the way of the Lord."
3. "One mightier than I is coming after me."
4. "I have baptized you with water, He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit."
5. Seeing Jesus, John exclaims: "Behold the Lamb of God."
6. Against protests of his unworthiness, John baptizes Jesus in the Jordan.
7. After Jesus' baptism a voice from Heaven: "This is my beloved Son in whom I am well
pleased."
8. The Spirit descends upon Jesus in the form of a dove.
9. In this heavenly manifestation is instituted the sacrament of baptism.
10. The divine Trinity is manifested: the voice of
the Father is heard as the Spirit descends upon the Son.
VIRTUE: Gratitude for the gift of Faith

PRAYER; May the Lord grant us the grace to live our baptismal vows, the life of our consecration. Amen

The Second Luminous Mystery
THE MANIFESTATION AT THE WEDDING OF CANA

1. Jesus, His Mother and disciples were invited to a wedding in Cana.
2. During the wedding feast the wine ran short.
3. Mary turned to Jesus: "They have no wine."
4. Jesus replied: "What would you have me do? My hour has not yet come."
5. Mary said to the waiters: "Do whatever he tells you."
6. There were six stone water jars, each holding fifteen to twenty gallons.
7. Jesus bids the waiters to fill the jars with water, and then draw some out and take it to the chief steward.
8. The chief steward said to the groom: "Every man serves the good wine first... but you
have saved the good wine until now."
9. At Mary’s request, Jesus worked His first miracle.
10. By His presence, Christian marriage was raised to the dignity of a Sacrament.
VIRTUE: Fidelity

PRAYER; May the Lord grant healing to ailing marriages and increase our faith in Mary's intercession. Amen

11 Likes

Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by damerry(m): 1:56am On Aug 23, 2013
The Third Luminous Mystery
THE PROCLAMATION OF THE KINGDOM

1. "Repent, for the kingdom of God is at hand."
2. "My kingdom is not of this world."
3. "Unless a man be born again of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of heaven."
4. "Whoever does not accept the kingdom of God as a little child will not enter into it."
5. "I have come to call sinners, not the just."
6. "Love your enemies, pray for those who persecute you."
7. "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."
8. "Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for justice, for they shall be satisfied."
9. "Blessed are they who suffer persecution for justice' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."
10. "You are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church... I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven."
VIRTUE: Desire for Holiness

PRAYER; May the Lord grant us the holiness reqired to become true sons and daughters of God's kingdom on earth. Amen

The Fourth Luminous Mystery
THE TRANSFIGURATION

1. Jesus took Peter, James and John up a high mountain to pray.
2. Jesus was transfigured before them.
3. "His face became as dazzling as the sun, his clothes as radiant as light."
4. This was to fortify their faith to withstand the coming tragedy of the Passion.
5. Jesus foresaw the 'scandal of the cross,' and prepared them for it by this manifestation of His glory.
6. Moses and Elijah (representing the Law and the prophets of the Old Testament) were conversing with Jesus about His passion.
7. "Do not think I have come to destroy the Law or the Prophets... but to fulfill them."
8. From a cloud came a voice: "This is my beloved Son, listen to Him."
9. Jesus admonishes them not to tell the vision to anyone until the Son of Man rises from
the dead.
10. We too will behold the transfigured Jesus on the Last Day.
VIRTUE: Spiritual Courage

PRAYER; May the precious blood of Christ sanctify and transform us all into a holy nation. Amen

The Fifth Luminous Mystery
THE INSTITUTION OF THE EUCHARIST

1. I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer.
2. Jesus took bread, blessed it: "Take and eat, this is My Body."
3. Taking the wine: "This cup is the new covenant in my Blood, shed for you."
4. At that eucharistic meal, Jesus celebrated the first Mass.
5. At every Mass the sacrifice of Calvary is made present.
6. At the Last Supper Jesus instituted the sacrament of Holy Orders to perpetuate this
sacrifice.
7. "Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him."
8. The Eucharist is a sacrifice in asmuch as it is offered up, and a sacrament in asmuch as it
is received.
9. In the Mass we offer ourselves to God, and God gives himself to us.
10. The Mass will be fruitful in the measure of our surrender to the Father.
VIRTUE: Love of our Eucharistic Lord

PRAYER; May the Lord grant us the grace to cherish the most Holy Eucharist by receiving it worthily and by loving our ordained priests and praying for them. Amen

20 Likes

Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by damerry(m): 2:05am On Aug 23, 2013
Source and References:

www.erosary.com/rosary/mysteries/meditation.htm

www.catholicism.about.com/od/rosaryprayers/ss/Joyful-Mysteries-Of-The-Rosary_2.htm

www.catholicism.about.com/gi/o.htm?zi=1/XJ&zTi=1&sdn=catholicism&cdn=religion&tm=8&f=21&tt=29&bt=2&bts=43&zu=http%3A//www.rosary-center.org/luminous.htm

Devotion to the most precious blood of Jesus Christ (short prayers that follows each meditation on the luminous mysteries ^)

2 Likes

Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by damerry(m): 3:07am On Aug 23, 2013
For Meditations on the SORROWFUL and GLORIOUS mysteries click
www.nairaland.com/1410968/meditations-mysteries-holy-rosary-sorrowful#17657075

2 Likes

Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by SalC: 8:32am On Aug 23, 2013
@Damerry thanks for this well articulated exposition. Keep em coming and God will never get tired of blessing you.

*following*

4 Likes

Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 23, 2013
I read only the first post and I must say that the meditation is indeed great.

#Hope to be back to read the rest.

1 Like

Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by damerry(m): 10:49am On Aug 23, 2013
Sal C: @Damerry thanks for this well articulated exposition. Keep em coming and God will never get tired of blessing you.

*following*
AMEN*infinity. God bless you too.

1 Like

Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by damerry(m): 10:56am On Aug 23, 2013
striktlymi: I read only the first post and I must say that the meditation is indeed great.

#Hope to be back to read the rest.
okay, make sure read all and apply the power of meditation while praying your rosary and other prayers. Peace

1 Like

Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by MariaGoretti: 6:12am On Aug 24, 2013
hmm, I love this

1 Like

Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by Nobody: 6:38am On Aug 24, 2013
damerry: okay, make sure read all and apply the power of meditation while praying your rosary and other prayers. Peace

Just finished with the second post. It was very inspiring.

#Hope to come back for more. cheesy
Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by italo: 10:29am On Aug 24, 2013
I sure will use this in my Rosary recitation today. Thank you.
Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by damerry(m): 7:27pm On Aug 24, 2013
italo: I sure will use this in my Rosary recitation today. Thank you.
The meditations are meant for all rosary prayers now and forevermore cheesy. Not just for today's recitationsmiley. Peace bro. Tnx for reading through.
Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by damerry(m): 7:30pm On Aug 24, 2013
striktlymi:

Just finished with the second post. It was very inspiring.

#Hope to come back for more. cheesy
cheesy, you can make it cheesy, the Lord is your muscle. Thanks for reading. Pray you would apply it in your rosary prayers
Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by damerry(m): 7:33pm On Aug 24, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
hmm, I love this
Thanks, happy rosary meditations smiley
Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by italo: 8:29pm On Aug 24, 2013
Yeah sure. But today first...before forever. Lol.

damerry: The meditations are meant for all rosary prayers now and forevermore cheesy. Not just for today's recitationsmiley. Peace bro. Tnx for reading through.
Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by damerry(m): 7:53am On Aug 25, 2013
italo: Yeah sure. But today first...before forever. Lol.

Gbam
Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by damerry(m): 10:58am On Sep 16, 2013
Our Lady once said to Blessed Alan de la Roche in a vision:

“When people say one-hundred and fifty Angelic Salutations, this
prayer is very helpful to them and is a very pleasing tribute to Me. But they will do better still and will please Me even more if they say these salutations while meditating on the life, death, and passion of Jesus Christ— for this meditation is the soul of this
prayer.”

1 Like

Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by damerry(m): 11:55am On Sep 26, 2013
The holy rosary is the second most powerful prayer after the Holy mass.

5 Likes

Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by SalC: 12:17pm On Sep 26, 2013
damerry: The holy rosary is the second most powerful prayer after the Holy mass.
Seconded.

3 Likes

Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by woky: 12:49pm On Sep 26, 2013
Nise one bro.. God bless u

1 Like

Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by damerry(m): 6:29am On Sep 27, 2013
woky: Nise one bro.. God bless u
Amen. God bless you too for reading through. Pls do well to apply dis meditations when praying your rosary. smiley
Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by damerry(m): 8:52am On Oct 02, 2013
Why the Daily rosary?

Our lady has 117 titles She selected this title at fatima:
"i am the Lady of the Rosary"

St. Francis de sales said the greatest method of praying is - pray the Rosary

St. Thomas Aquainas preached 40 straight days in Rome Italy on just the Hail Mary

"The rosary is the scourge of the devil" - pope Adrian

"The rosary is a treasure of Graces " - pope Paul v

Padre pio the stigmatic priest said
"The Rosary is the weapon"

pope Leo xiii wrote 9 encyclicals on the Rosary

pope John xxiii spoke 38, times about our Lady and the Rosary, He prayed 15 decades daily

St. Louis Marie grignion de monfort wrote:
"The Rosary is the Most powerful Weapon to touch the Heart of Jesus our redeemer who so loves his mother"

The rosary is the weapon! Pray daily and meditatively

4 Likes

Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by italo: 9:08am On Oct 02, 2013
Thank you, Damerry.

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by damerry(m): 9:57am On Oct 02, 2013
“Never be afraid of loving the Blessed Virgin too much. You can never love her more than Jesus did.” Saint Maximilian Kolbe

2 Likes

Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by damerry(m): 9:59am On Oct 02, 2013
Give me an army praying the Rosary, and I will conquer the world." pope saint pius ix

1 Like

Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by damerry(m): 7:56am On Oct 05, 2013
Will you give 1% of your 1440 minutes each day to God? If so, pray the holy rosary in 15 minutes---1% of 24 hours smiley

1 Like

Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by damerry(m): 8:17am On Oct 05, 2013
If you wish to obtain a favor:-

pray THE "54-DAYS ROSARY NOVENA"

27 DAYS OF PETITION;
27 DAYS OF THANKSGIVING.

For Origin of the novena + general guidelines on how to to go about the novena click

www.prayerflowers.com/54DayNovena.htm
Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by woky: 10:45am On Oct 05, 2013
Remember, O most loving virgin Mary, that never was it known that any one who fled to thy protection, impored thy help or sought your intercession, was left unaided, filled with this confidence, i fly unto thee O virgin of virgins, my mother, to thee i come before thee i kneel sinful and sorrowful. O mother of the world incarnate, despise not my pettitions but in your mercy hear and answe us amen.

12 Likes

Re: Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) by mumumugu(m): 11:29am On Oct 05, 2013
damerry: Will you give 1% of your 1440 minutes each day to God? If so, pray the holy rosary in 15 minutes---1% of 24 hours smiley

the holy rosary pass fifteen minutes unless u are rapping the words

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Who Silenced Ahmed Deedat? / CAN Visits Osinbajo, Demands Five-point Agenda / The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.