Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,228 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Help A Single Mum With Ideas - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help A Single Mum With Ideas (3866 Views)

Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult / Mum With An Autistic Child Reflects On Her Emotional Journey As He Turns 10 / Facebook Reunites Mum With Missing Son After 3 Years (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help A Single Mum With Ideas by 4mykids: 10:08am On Jun 14, 2019
Hi everyone..as the topic states I need advise help and personal assistance too if possible.
I'm a single mum of two little kids and I really wish to start another phase of my life away from Nigeria. I feel it will greatly help I and my kids move on from the past.
I'm not too old to work as I'm in my early 30's. Finance is available though limited to a certain amount.
I would love a situation where I can leave with my kids and not have to come back for them later..somehow, they seem to be my motivation to go on.
With these information, which country do you suggest that will be easy for immigration.
Re: Help A Single Mum With Ideas by LadySarah: 10:11am On Jun 14, 2019
To Go and do what exactly?

3 Likes

Re: Help A Single Mum With Ideas by 4mykids: 10:23am On Jun 14, 2019
Start a life afresh, move on, get over the past...all with my kids

LadySarah:
To Go and do what exactly?

1 Like

Re: Help A Single Mum With Ideas by yeyeosoronga: 11:31am On Jun 14, 2019
Go to a country you have family or friends and can have help with child care for the initial period you arrive there till you find your feet.
Canada is a nice country. Australia is another one.
What's your background as per career wise?

1 Like

Re: Help A Single Mum With Ideas by Winneygirl(f): 12:10pm On Jun 14, 2019
Some People believe they cannot make anything of their lives here in Nigeria.
That's myopic. When you cannot see beyond your current location and circumstances, You'll think that all that avails is flight.
When i see what people are doing and achieving from the comfort of their homes, I only have hope for the future.

1 Like

Re: Help A Single Mum With Ideas by yomi007k(m): 12:18pm On Jun 14, 2019
Winneygirl:
That's myopic. When you cannot see beyond your current location and circumstances, You'll think that all that avails is flight.
When i see what people are doing and achieving from the comfort of their homes, I only have hope for the future.
Hmmm. Inspiring.

Things like what are being done from comfort of home? Please share. Thank you.
Re: Help A Single Mum With Ideas by 4mykids: 12:48pm On Jun 14, 2019
I have a good paying job actually in administration with years of experience although my degree is in the sciences. I also in spare time do a bit of freelancing (write and transcribe).
Truth is that I just want to be far from Nigeria, it can even be in any other favourableAfrican country. I deserve that peace of mind, my kids too. I'm not running away from anyone. I just need to start my life afresh with my kids.

yeyeosoronga:
Go to a country you have family or friends and can have help with child care for the initial period you arrive there till you find your feet.
Canada is a nice country. Australia is another one.
What's your background as per career wise?

6 Likes

Re: Help A Single Mum With Ideas by 4mykids: 12:51pm On Jun 14, 2019
Probably freelancing, affiliate marketing, blogging...believe me when I say I have experience in all and make additional income from them.
Its about our emotional balance now, not necessarily financial.

yomi007k:

Hmmm. Inspiring.

Things like what are being done from comfort of home? Please share. Thank you.
Re: Help A Single Mum With Ideas by 4mykids: 1:26pm On Jun 14, 2019
Please I would also appreciate if any single parent who has successfully taken this path could contact me.
Re: Help A Single Mum With Ideas by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 14, 2019
4mykids:
I have a good paying job actually in administration with years of experience although my degree is in the sciences. I also in spare time do a bit of freelancing (write and transcribe).
Truth is that I just want to be far from Nigeria, it can even be in any other favourableAfrican country. I deserve that peace of mind, my kids too. I'm not running away from anyone. I just need to start my life afresh with my kids.

you are not a good liar.no one relocates and start life AFRESH for the sake of it.could be financial or personal(running away from the father of your kids sorta or perhaps family).I've done it too wink
Well this is what you will do,go there first,make footing for yourself first and invite your kids when you are stable.
There is no such thing as FAMILY overseas(I'm a well travelled man).hope on that at your own peril.
Till they kick you and your kids out from their house.
You can leave your kids with some family member here and send them upkeep money monthly.
Also have you tried looking inwards?perhaps there is that thing you could do here that will give you some money.
Taking care of KIDS abroad comes with lots of sacrifices as there will be so much you've gotta forgo to make them have their education.
Reason why even people over there invite their kids over after first degree.
ABROAD expenses no be BEANS ooo.lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help A Single Mum With Ideas by jayfem(m): 3:56pm On Jun 14, 2019
Work at home, make money no matter where you are in the world!
Get paid to write articles, blog posts, ebooks and many more!
Choose from 1,000's of jobs daily from different subjects
Flexible work hours, work when you want to
Highest-paying writing jobs - guaranteed!
https:///2XbsX1x
Re: Help A Single Mum With Ideas by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 14, 2019
Winneygirl:
Like what if I may ask? Pray tell, we are ready to learn.
Re: Help A Single Mum With Ideas by ifyalways(f): 5:38pm On Jun 14, 2019
How old are your children?

One of my ex-staff, a single mom to a Gorgeous 9 years old left for US with a tourist visa in April 2017 with her daughter. Her salary when she was with me was just about 100K and her highest educational qualification was an OND. She was living with her parents in the mainland, working in Lekki, abandoned by baby daddy, called "evening newspaper" by foolish young boys.

2 years in US , her daughter is in school free(I'm not encouraging illegal immigration though), she's gotten her nursing assistant certification, working in a home and schooling too(nursing degree). She has just bought a plot of land in her village for her parents. Keyword: village.

She's happier , has big dreams and full of life and so is her daughter.

Look into Canada, Australia. Don't leave your children behind for no relative if they are under 10 years, instead plan and wait for them to be 8 at least. If i were a single mom in this very harsh Nigeria, I'd migrate and start afresh too. Everybody deserves happiness.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help A Single Mum With Ideas by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jun 14, 2019
ifyalways:

One of my ex-staff, a single mom to a Gorgeous 9 years old left for US with a tourist visa in April 2017 with her daughter. Her salary when she was with me was just about 100K and her highest educational qualification was an OND. She was living with her parents in the mainland, working in Lekki, abandoned by baby daddy, called "evening newspaper" by foolish young boys.

2 years in US , her daughter is in school free(I'm not encouraging illegal immigration though), she's gotten her nursing assistant certification, working in a home and schooling too(nursing degree). She has just bought a plot of land in her village for her parents. Keyword: village.

Look into Canada, Australia. Don't leave your children behind for no relative if they are under 10 years, instead plan and wait for them to be 8 at least. If i were a single mom in this very harsh Nigeria, I'd migrate and start afresh too. Everybody deserves happiness.

Na wetin she tell you abi facts?lol
E no funny for that side ooo lol.
Especially "e zowe zowe" for onye ji umuazi cheesy
Jungle no funny at all for that side for people in her category o.

3 Likes

Re: Help A Single Mum With Ideas by ifyalways(f): 6:05pm On Jun 14, 2019
nwanneni:
Nursing assistant certification(CNA) is no biggie,less than $1300 and it does not stop you from working while pursuing it.

If her children are like 8,9 years old,she will be fine. Some things will give way but it will pay off eventually for all of them.

If she migrates legally , it will be easier for her too.

No be wetin She tell me, have visited her in Chicago and seen things for myself,btw.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help A Single Mum With Ideas by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jun 14, 2019
ifyalways:

Nursing assistant certification(CNA) is no biggie,less than $1300 and it does not stop you from working while pursuing it.

If her children are like 8,9 years old,she will be fine. Some things will give way but it will pay off eventually for all of them.

If she migrates legally , it will be easier for her too.

No be wetin She tell me, have visited her in Chicago and seen things for myself,btw.
oh ok.
I wonder how she was able to fix her immigration status so quick and easy.
Care to share?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help A Single Mum With Ideas by Ranchhoddas: 6:33pm On Jun 14, 2019
Winneygirl:
That's myopic. When you cannot see beyond your current location and circumstances, You'll think that all that avails is flight
Prison break
Re: Help A Single Mum With Ideas by 4mykids: 6:49pm On Jun 14, 2019
Thanks for your encouragement.

My kids are 8 and 6. I was actually married and went through a bitter divorce last year. Before then we had been seperated for some years.
My kids came out of this union scarred and are very jumpy whenever anyone yells or seems angry...
Thankfully, I was given custody by the court.

I just feel a different environment would help them...help us greatly. Probably help them not look over their shoulders too often.

As I said earlier, they are my motivation for going on so leaving them behind is really out of it for me.
Thanks once more.

ifyalways:

7 Likes

Re: Help A Single Mum With Ideas by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jun 14, 2019
4mykids:
Thanks for your encouragement.

My kids are 8 and 6. I was actually married and went through a bitter divorce last year. Before then we had been seperated for some years.
My kids came out of this union scarred and are very jumpy whenever anyone yells or seems angry...
Thankfully, I was given custody by the court.

I just feel a different environment would help them...help us greatly. Probably help them not look over their shoulders too often.

As I said earlier, they are my motivation for going on so leaving them behind is really out of it for me.
Thanks once more.

I knew you were running from something like that wink
Aburo m umu azi.
Be like say court give you better money?
If you have some cash,by all means do go on...

1 Like

Re: Help A Single Mum With Ideas by 4mykids: 9:50pm On Jun 14, 2019
Do Nigerian courts give people money? I wonder because I never got a dime...or maybe you mean child support...if it's that, yeah, 20k per month which he has never paid and I never asked or intend to.
And yes, I do have some cash, though limited but it should help actualize my immigration plans greatly.

nwanneni:
I knew you were running from something like that wink
Aburo m umu azi.
Be like say court give you better money?
If you have some cash,by all means do go on...

3 Likes

Re: Help A Single Mum With Ideas by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jun 14, 2019
4mykids:
Do Nigerian courts give people money? I wonder because I never got a dime...or maybe you mean child support...if it's that, yeah, 20k per month which he has never paid and I never asked or intend to.
And yes, I do have some cash, though limited but it should help actualize my immigration plans greatly.

lol is there any such thing as an unlimited budget?lol
Anyways,they didn't give you any property or settlement plan?

2 Likes

Re: Help A Single Mum With Ideas by faithfull18(f): 11:04pm On Jun 14, 2019
nwanneni:
lol is there any such thing as an unlimited budget?lol
Anyways,they didn't give you any property or settlement plan?

Mr. man, stop haggling the lady unnecessarily. I am yet to see how your questions correlate with the advice she is asking for.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help A Single Mum With Ideas by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jun 14, 2019
faithfull18:

Mr. man, stop haggling the lady unncessarily. I am yet to see how your questions correlate with the advice she is asking for.
Are you crazy?
I am yet to know what you and I have In common to be telling me this nonsense.Or are you the Op's alternate? undecided
Rude little witch!

1 Like

Re: Help A Single Mum With Ideas by faithfull18(f): 2:41pm On Jun 15, 2019
nwanneni:
Are you crazy?
I am yet to know what you and I have In common to be telling me this nonsense.Or are you the Op's alternate? undecided
Rude little witch!
You are the crazy one here and very stupid at that.
What did you have in common with the OP to be asking her stupid questions.
Silly, brainless, tactless nonentity.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help A Single Mum With Ideas by Mizwisdom(f): 3:02pm On Jun 15, 2019
ifyalways:

Your story is not complete ma, it's not easy to regularize stay with visit visa, maybe that lady is lying to you a bit.

OP, it won't be easy especially with kids but if your mind is made up just build your account reasonably and go there as a student.
Re: Help A Single Mum With Ideas by crowley(m): 3:56pm On Jun 15, 2019
nwanneni:
my thoughts exertly. you only enjoy life there when you immigrate legally. as an illegal immigrate?? No No!! and do they give 2yrs tourist visa?? and hw did she get a degree there if illegally migrated?. everything she said does nt sound right at all. she can try canada or Australia sha for a residency visa. she can use that to get a job.

1 Like

Re: Help A Single Mum With Ideas by crowley(m): 4:03pm On Jun 15, 2019
Mizwisdom:

Your story is not complete ma, it's not easy to regularize stay with visit visa, maybe that lady is lying to you a bit.

OP, it won't be easy especially with kids but if your mind is made up just build your account reasonably and go there as a student.
tourist visa for 2yrs, and she got a degree there? seriously??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help A Single Mum With Ideas by AngelicBeing: 4:04pm On Jun 15, 2019
4mykids:

Canada, Australia do have the skilled workers program which can take you between 6 to 9 months to get into Canada/ Australia as a PR holder, starting with evaluation of your credentials via WES, taking IELTS exams etc and I think you also need to have proof of funds from a minimum of 10,000 dollars upwards depending on the dependants like your kids that will be going with you.

In addition to the above, if you can't afford the Canadian / Australian migration route, you can try Botswana, Rwanda, Mauritius and Seychelles, you will find those places decent and nicer for you to live and pursue either business for a start and gradually get employment as time goes on, you will get residence permits as well.

l can speak of Rwanda, although I am not living there but I have my vacation home currently undergoing construction in the country and in my opinion based on all the countries l have been privileged to travel to within the African continent and also in the western world where I schooled and have my residency , if I am to live in Africa I give it to those 4 countries mentioned above.

Good luck with your decisions and I wish you all the best as you navigate your way through the migration process. cool

1 Like

Re: Help A Single Mum With Ideas by AngelicBeing: 4:22pm On Jun 15, 2019
nwanneni:
oh ok.
I wonder how she was able to fix her immigration status so quick and easy.
Care to share?
Some of the people that travel to the US with B1/B2 tourists / visit visa do arrangee / genuine marriage, arrangee wife / husband cost anything from 5000 dollars upwards depending on who is involved and how lenient they want to be (moneywise) in the whole transaction and some others genuinely find love and get married, others go via the border to canada to chop Aduro with burukutu stories to Canadian border officials, they are allowed in and remain on the asylum process until they are either accepted or kicked out which might take donkey years.

I know of an ex Nigerian airways personnel on asylum in Canada since 2007, I met him in Toronto in 2007 and he is currently now on humanitarian and compassionate ground called H and C, because he lost all his refugee hearings but the good thing about Canada is, they gave him work permit and he has been working with it pending when if he is lucky, they approve his H and C application.

2 Likes

Re: Help A Single Mum With Ideas by 4mykids: 4:36pm On Jun 15, 2019
Thank you. I took a look at the Canada and Australia immigration and I must confess I was hoping on moving fast...possibly this year which I doubt is possible with the two above.
As I said earlier, even a favourable African country would do even if temporarily.
I will explore Rwanda and the others as advised

AngelicBeing:
Canada, Australia do have the skilled workers program which can take you between 6 to 9 months to get into Canada/ Australia as a PR holder, starting with evaluation of your credentials via WES, taking IELTS exams etc and I think you also need to have proof of funds from a minimum of 10,000 dollars upwards depending on the dependants like your kids that will be going with you.

In addition to the above, if you can't afford the Canadian / Australian migration route, you can try Botswana, Rwanda, Mauritius and Seychelles, you will find those places decent and nicer for you to live and pursue either business for a start and gradually get employment as time goes on, you will get residence permits as well.

l can speak of Rwanda, although I am not living there but I have my vacation home currently undergoing construction in the country and in my opinion based on all the countries l have been privileged to travel to within the African continent and also in the western world where I schooled and have my residency , if I am to live in Africa I give it to those 4 countries mentioned above.

Good luck with your decisions and I wish you all the best as you navigate your way through the migration process. cool

3 Likes

Re: Help A Single Mum With Ideas by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 15, 2019
faithfull18:

You are the crazy one here and very stupid at that.
What did you have in common with the OP to be asking her stupid questions.
Silly, brainless, tactless nonentity.
you are the nonentity here,I can tell.
First of all,who spells faithful as faithfull?worst still it's your moniker ffs!
You are a dummy for sure.
She even called me a nonentity,should we go into that?
So we find out who the real nonentity is?
She even asked what I've got in common with the op.isn't she looking for advise anymore?
Useless,local,Homebase,unexposed,foolish,dirty skank.
We could go on and on,I don't wanna drag with words.i want action
Let me know when you are ready.
Ghetto fabulous

1 Like

Re: Help A Single Mum With Ideas by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 15, 2019
4mykids:
Thank you. I took a look at the Canada and Australia immigration and I must confess I was hoping on moving fast...possibly this year which I doubt is possible with the two above.
As I said earlier, even a favourable African country would do even if temporarily.
I will explore Rwanda and the others as advised

If you want to go to an African country,you should go to one that is very close to Nigeria so you can at least do the usual Nigeria to that country trade.
Rwanda?are you serious?
What will you be doing for a living there?
You may hardly find employment,operating a business there might be difficult for a person who just got in without footing,not enough Nigerian population to patronize a nigeria restaurant business etc
I'll suggest Cameroon my dear.
Douala is a haven for Nigerians.it's my second home and making money there is easy.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Great Offer! 1.2kva Inverter + 200 Ah Battery (tkb Deep Cycle) = N69,900 / What Is Your View About Life And Your Existence On Earth? / Mother In Law Won't Allow Me To Meet My Twins Babies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.