Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,507 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

Can Women Really Play Father's Role ? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can Women Really Play Father's Role ? (1137 Views)

What Do Our Women Really Want / Do Women Really Love Their Children More Than Their Husbands? And Why? / "Equal Pay For Women"... Really?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Women Really Play Father's Role ? by Jamezafolabi40(m): 10:28am On Jun 14, 2019
It is seen all over the world that women are taking over certain sectors, changing the narratives, doing wonderfully well. Looking like men are becoming the second fiddle. But the question here is can they really do it like the men would do it? Talking about the home lol.

Every home as an head according to our culture which must be a man but this day we've seen many men neglect their responsibilities. Failing woefully when it comes to handling their marriage, homes or even playing the role of a true father.

Many men has so far limited their roles to financial supplier of the family anything outside that, they are no where to be found, Daddy is only known for money contribution. No intellectual or Emotional contribution to the house. Daddy cannot even enlighten the children, not at all checked their assignments not even to take them out on a treat. All these love are only shown by their mothers. So why on earth would the child not like the mother.

Most fathers have so much built fear in the house other than love and respect, that whenever daddy is coming everyone jump to the bush. It Shouldn't be like that. Hmmm

As a man and as a father of the house...

Be known as a solution provider , friend, adviser, financial contributor, lover to your family. Order than being an headache or pain in the neck, pls do smile when needed, nobody would take you for granted. Happy Fathers Day in Advance

2 Likes

Re: Can Women Really Play Father's Role ? by Pavore9: 10:41am On Jun 14, 2019
Why Okorocha's image?
Re: Can Women Really Play Father's Role ? by donbachi(m): 11:21am On Jun 14, 2019
Are you talking about women taking over sectors or the role of a father?second fiddle or not..the first role of a father is to care for his family,which has to with financing his home..you dont expect a man that leaves home by 6am and comes back by 8pm from daily struggles.only to wake his kids up to join him outside for them to play football or run round the compound.saturdays and sundays are ok for family outings,assist in home work,have fun with them and spend quality time together.lastly,every man is the lion of his own home..they says"spare the rod and spoil the child....and na still una say "no food for lazy man"
Re: Can Women Really Play Father's Role ? by bukatyne(f): 11:47am On Jun 14, 2019
donbachi:
Are you talking about women taking over sectors or the role of a father?second fiddle or not..the first role of a father is to care for his family,which has to with financing his home..you dont expect a man that leaves home by 6am and comes back by 8pm from daily struggles.only to wake his kids up to join him outside for them to play football or run round the compound.saturdays and sundays are ok for family outings,assist in home work,have fun with them and spend quality time together.lastly,every man is the lion of his own home..they says"spare the rod and spoil the child....and na still una say "no food for lazy man"

Women run that schedule and still manage to participate in their children's affairs and contribute all the OP listed.

9 Likes

Re: Can Women Really Play Father's Role ? by bukatyne(f): 11:48am On Jun 14, 2019
@OP:

No.

Every family needs a fantastic father and mother for grooming.

3 Likes

Re: Can Women Really Play Father's Role ? by donbachi(m): 11:58am On Jun 14, 2019
bukatyne:

Women run that schedule and still manage to participate in their children's affairs and contribute all the OP listed.
he is talking about role and not her contributions..she can't.
Re: Can Women Really Play Father's Role ? by Acidosis(m): 12:13pm On Jun 14, 2019
The tripartite roles of a "father" are;

1. Your role as a man
2. Your role as husband
3. Your role as a father

Note, these roles are in progression. You have to be a man before becoming someone's husband, and father of many or few children. So technically speaking, no woman can play the role of a father, and no "man" can play the role of a father so well without following that order.

4 Likes

Re: Can Women Really Play Father's Role ? by Katier00(f): 12:30pm On Jun 14, 2019
I am a woman and i play the role of a father and mother well. Its all about determination and sacrifice. I know a lot of men that didn't remarry after the loss of their partner just for their children. They gave in their all and trained wonderful children.

To every amazing man out there that have put a hold to their life for the sake of their children, i say happy father's day. Then to every woman double parenting i celebrate you too

8 Likes

Re: Can Women Really Play Father's Role ? by AmazonTopaz(f): 1:15pm On Jun 14, 2019
Even from time immemorial women have been playing the so called fathers role very well.These women hustle and struggle to feed their families while their husbands drink away.Some Fathers fail to be a part of their children's lives they believe paying school fees is enough they find it hard to sit with their children spend time with them according to them na woman work be that that is why some children grow fond of their mothers because some fathers refuse to take an active part in their lives.
That is one of the reasons why many children prefer their mothers to their fathers. Mothers have always been the provider, adviser, friend, confidant and what have you to their children.
I don't even think there is any role just be a responsible adult/parent to your children.

7 Likes

Re: Can Women Really Play Father's Role ? by lilmax(m): 1:20pm On Jun 14, 2019
NO
Re: Can Women Really Play Father's Role ? by Acidosis(m): 2:27pm On Jun 14, 2019
AmazonTopaz:
Even from time immemorial women have been playing the so called fathers role very well.These women hustle and struggle to feed their families while their husbands drink away.Some Fathers fail to be a part of their children's lives they believe paying school fees is enough they find it hard to sit with their children spend time with them according to them na woman work be that that is why some children grow fond of their mothers because some fathers refuse to take an active part in their lives.
That is one of the reasons why many children prefer their mothers to their fathers. Mothers have always been the provider, adviser, friend, confidant and what have you to their children.
I don't even think there is any role just be a responsible adult/parent to your children.

Can a woman teach her children father's love? Many of the deficiencies you mentioned just show that no woman can play the role of a father, and no man can play the role of a mother.

I don't know why we justify wrong, and make wrong the new normal. How can hating on one parent be normal?? How else should children learn love between a man and a woman, when one is either absent or irresponsible?

1 Like

Re: Can Women Really Play Father's Role ? by ibkayee(f): 2:57pm On Jun 14, 2019
Certain experiences peculiar to males a boy will go through that his mum can’t relate to as a female. Other than that, can’t think of anything else that can only exclusively be gained from a father.

Children would benefit from guidance from both, however there are plenty of women singlehandedly covering both traditional parental responsibilities and raising great children.

2 Likes

Re: Can Women Really Play Father's Role ? by Uyi168: 3:14pm On Jun 14, 2019
bukatyne:
@OP:

No.

Every family needs a fantastic father and mother for grooming.
My mum played both roles perfectly.

1 Like

Re: Can Women Really Play Father's Role ? by crackhaus: 3:20pm On Jun 14, 2019
The truth is that while some mothers can play father roles well enough, and some fathers can play mother roles well enough, it's always a better deal to have both parents present during a child's formative years.

Those who grew up in single parent homes, though some end up having successful lives, will never truly understand what was missing.

2 Likes

Re: Can Women Really Play Father's Role ? by AmazonTopaz(f): 4:12pm On Jun 14, 2019
Acidosis:

Can a woman teach her children father's love? Many of the deficiencies you mentioned just show that no woman can play the role of a father, and no man can play the role of a mother.

I don't know why we justify wrong, and make wrong the new normal. How can hating on one parent be normal?? How else should children learn love between a man and a woman, when one is either absent or irresponsible?
Just tell your fellow men to be responsible and stop being absentee fathers in the lives of their children even though they are present in their children they behave like absentee fathers.
There is nothing wrong in saying women can play both roles because women have been doing that perfectly.

1 Like

Re: Can Women Really Play Father's Role ? by Ewuro4: 4:28pm On Jun 14, 2019
What is a father’s role?

I don’t believe in role play, it brings contempt & rebellion. as long as all hands are on deck and you do what you can. Life itself is never ending task , there’s always something to contribute to your family as long as you’re alive.

2 Likes

Re: Can Women Really Play Father's Role ? by AmazonTopaz(f): 6:26pm On Jun 14, 2019
Ewuro4:
What is a father’s role?

I don’t believe in role play, it brings contempt & rebellion. as long as all hands are on deck and you do what you can. Life itself is never ending task , there’s always something to contribute to your family as long as you’re alive.
Deep words smiley
Re: Can Women Really Play Father's Role ? by mamcoker: 1:35am On Jun 15, 2019
I don't know what this generation is turning to. We all must acknowledge that by Nature men are men and women are women.
Weather we like it or not one cannot play the role of the other perfectly.
I concur with the ops about father's turning themselves into headache at home.
I will take a lion pride of 5 lioness and 6 cub's as an example, to survive all they need is just a male lion and if you look at it, the lioness will be the one to provide food for it to eat but his presence alone is the security and assurance.
You will see the male lion when it matters most like when the territorial integrity is threatened.
We just have to agree that men and women are not the same
Re: Can Women Really Play Father's Role ? by Nobody: 3:24am On Jun 15, 2019
A boy needs a Father or a male role model in his life to show him how to be a man. That said, many single mothers out there are doing their best being both mother and father for their sons.
Re: Can Women Really Play Father's Role ? by Pavore9: 4:19am On Jun 15, 2019
Ideally, there are emotional needs which only a father can meet likewise that only a mother can meet.

Parenting roles are not limited to material provisions, for some men it is easier for them to pay the bills than being emotionally available for their children as many of them their own fathers were not emotionally available for them and they find it difficult to break that chain.

Many men feel isolated in their old age as they never bonded with their adult children in their formative years though some of these children maybe materially providing for him but visiting him, calling him up to gist regularly is out of the equation.

1 Like

Re: Can Women Really Play Father's Role ? by Acidosis(m): 7:10am On Jun 15, 2019
mamcoker:
I don't know what this generation is turning to. We all must acknowledge that by Nature men are men and women are women.
Weather we like it or not one cannot play the role of the other perfectly.
I concur with the ops about father's turning themselves into headache at home.
I will take a lion pride of 5 lioness and 6 cub's as an example, to survive all they need is just a male lion and if you look at it, the lioness will be the one to provide food for it to eat but his presence alone is the security and assurance.
You will see the male lion when it matters most like when the territorial integrity is threatened.
We just have to agree that men and women are not the same

You mean Nairaland "family" section? If you look around you, your neighborhood, place of work, church or mosque, etc., I'm sure you would see a difference.

(1) (Reply)

Is It Better To Ask A Girl To Be Your Girlfriend OR Just Play Along? / Married Men's Roundtable - Lets Discuss Our Marriage Issues Here. / Help Me Nairalanders, My Marriage Is About To Collapse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.