Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

Jeremiah Useni: June 12 Was More Credible Than 2019 Presidential Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jeremiah Useni: June 12 Was More Credible Than 2019 Presidential Election (12377 Views)

2 Million Pounds ‘Stolen’ By Jeremiah Useni Seized In Jersey - Premium Times / Jeremiah Useni's Rice Company In Plateau (Photos) / Jeremiah Useni Wins PDP Governorship Primaries In Plateau State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jeremiah Useni: June 12 Was More Credible Than 2019 Presidential Election by Islie: 7:13pm On Jun 14, 2019
Gyang Bere, Jos

Former Minister of Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Abuja and Plateau State governorship candidate of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), Gen. Jeremiah Useni (rtd) has said June 12 presidential election was more credible that the 2019 presidential polls.

He noted that the adoption of June 12 as Democracy Day was long overdue, adding that it wasn’t an APC affair.

Useni stated this on Friday after hearing on his governorship petition at the tribunal sitting in Jos, Plateau State.

“To me, the June 12 election was more credible than the 2019 presidential election. We should have being celebrating June 12 long time ago as our democracy day.I am in PDP and I don’t want people to take June 12 as an APC affair, everybody knows what happened.”

Gen. Useni noted that he was one of the class associates of Chief MKO Abiola whom he defended in several quarters when argument on if he (Abiola) became president, he was going to pay himself all the debt that government was owing him.

“Abiola was my good friend; I defended him in one of our meeting when some people said if they gave him the presidency, he would first take all the money the Federal government was owing him, and I said why not? It was government that gave him the contracts and why was he not paid? If he paid himself, there would be nothing wrong with that.”

Useni said it was better to have deprived Chief MKO Abiola from contesting the June 12 presidential election than annulling it, saying the situation drew the country backward.

“some of us were not happy when the election was cancelled. Why did they allow him to contest the election if he was not ineligible? Why was he allowed to contest in the first place if proper screening was not done,” he asked.

He described democracy as a good system of governance but lamented that some of the actors in the democratic practice are very bad.
Useni noted that civilian administrators should take the courage of creating state and local government areas in the country to make democracy closer to the grassroots.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/june-12-was-more-credible-than-2019-presidential-polls-useni/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jeremiah Useni: June 12 Was More Credible Than 2019 Presidential Election by aolawale025: 7:18pm On Jun 14, 2019
One the scale of credibility
June 12.....Best
2019 Presidential polls....Worst

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jeremiah Useni: June 12 Was More Credible Than 2019 Presidential Election by rusher14: 7:41pm On Jun 14, 2019
aolawale025:
June 12.....Best

Let Maurice Iwu hear you.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jeremiah Useni: June 12 Was More Credible Than 2019 Presidential Election by FuckkME(f): 7:51pm On Jun 14, 2019
Sir zoneB are coming for ur head

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jeremiah Useni: June 12 Was More Credible Than 2019 Presidential Election by FuckkME(f): 8:17pm On Jun 14, 2019
aolawale025:
June 12.....Best
i agree with u... Who would have thought that about 26years after june 12..that nigeria would stil be struggling to have a credible, free and fair election

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jeremiah Useni: June 12 Was More Credible Than 2019 Presidential Election by twilliamx(m): 8:37pm On Jun 14, 2019
T
Re: Jeremiah Useni: June 12 Was More Credible Than 2019 Presidential Election by RDPMAN: 8:38pm On Jun 14, 2019
Okay ... We hear you.
Re: Jeremiah Useni: June 12 Was More Credible Than 2019 Presidential Election by Racoon(m): 8:39pm On Jun 14, 2019
cheesy Yet this same Jeremiah Useni was among the senior army officers in the then Babangida & Abacha governments that leagued together to truncate the mandate Nigerians overwhelmingly gave to MKO Abiola on June-12 1993.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jeremiah Useni: June 12 Was More Credible Than 2019 Presidential Election by 9jaBloke: 8:39pm On Jun 14, 2019
Jerry boy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jeremiah Useni: June 12 Was More Credible Than 2019 Presidential Election by hisexcellency34: 8:40pm On Jun 14, 2019
Amadioha strike u dead. You know it's credible yet you and David Mark joined in annuling it

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jeremiah Useni: June 12 Was More Credible Than 2019 Presidential Election by seunmsg(m): 8:40pm On Jun 14, 2019
Jerry Boy is talking nonsense. He was part of the ruling junta that annulled the June 12 election. He served as minister of FCT under the evil Abacha administration. In fact, he was the closest minister to Abacha and the last person that saw the dictator before he kicked the bucket.

If he truly believed in the nonsense he’s now spewing, he should have said same to his friend Abacha. People like Col. Umar Dangiwa told IBB the truth and left the government and the military entirely to protest the annulment. Jerry Boy should have done the same if he felt so strongly that Abiola’s election was credible. Wailing about it after 26 years is nothing but eye service.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jeremiah Useni: June 12 Was More Credible Than 2019 Presidential Election by Amuocha: 8:40pm On Jun 14, 2019
Great

Atiku is coming kiss
Re: Jeremiah Useni: June 12 Was More Credible Than 2019 Presidential Election by kennybabs1980: 8:40pm On Jun 14, 2019
Jeremiah Wailer Useni
Una go wail tire

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jeremiah Useni: June 12 Was More Credible Than 2019 Presidential Election by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jun 14, 2019
Of course, it was the most credible election we've ever had in Nigeria. Now run along sir.

4 Likes

Re: Jeremiah Useni: June 12 Was More Credible Than 2019 Presidential Election by Horbar1: 8:43pm On Jun 14, 2019
Get your day old chicks from reputable hatcheries at affordable prices.

Check my signature.
Re: Jeremiah Useni: June 12 Was More Credible Than 2019 Presidential Election by TRUSTEDGUY: 8:43pm On Jun 14, 2019
grin cheesy

Nigerians and hypocrisy! Useni claims June 12 elections is the best why didn't he urge his Godfather and Compatriot Gen Sani Abacha to declare him winner of the best election. This is a case of a toothless dog that barks the loudest.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jeremiah Useni: June 12 Was More Credible Than 2019 Presidential Election by Sholaco: 8:45pm On Jun 14, 2019
Useni keep wailing, the most acclaimed peaceful and credible election was annulled by ur greedy and wicked kinsmen,during that period, where was kingibe babagana when Abiola was languishing in detention....greedy set of people,what are u now telling us

2 Likes

Re: Jeremiah Useni: June 12 Was More Credible Than 2019 Presidential Election by vinlyreeks(m): 8:46pm On Jun 14, 2019
I totally disagree with this!!!... 2019 was not credit at all so I dont wanna see nobody comparing the two
Re: Jeremiah Useni: June 12 Was More Credible Than 2019 Presidential Election by Chukwurah003: 8:49pm On Jun 14, 2019
The losers are here. We are too busy moving to the Next Level...no time for losers
Re: Jeremiah Useni: June 12 Was More Credible Than 2019 Presidential Election by Duplik8t77(m): 8:49pm On Jun 14, 2019
I concur, though i dont know much about the June 12 1993 election but most ppl say it was free fair and credible. This years election was a total opposite of it
Re: Jeremiah Useni: June 12 Was More Credible Than 2019 Presidential Election by teepain: 8:51pm On Jun 14, 2019
Racoon:
cheesy Yet this same Jeremiah Useni was among the senior army officers in the Abacha government that leagued together to truncate the mandate Nigerians overwhelmingly gave to MKO Abiola on June-12 1993.

I couldn't have said it better. Jerry boy as he was fondly called by Abacha should have advised Abacha back then. Abacha is not here to defend himself anymore so expect more people to dissociate themselves from the stupidity.

In fairness to Abacha though, it should be said that MKO didn't die in his custody. MKO's death would forever remain a blight on Abdusalaam's career.

4 Likes

Re: Jeremiah Useni: June 12 Was More Credible Than 2019 Presidential Election by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:53pm On Jun 14, 2019
yet this clown couldn't tell Abacha to hand over to abiola then... all these hypocrite who lose elections and can't accept it in good Fate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jeremiah Useni: June 12 Was More Credible Than 2019 Presidential Election by Paschalp(m): 8:55pm On Jun 14, 2019
Bunch of spoiled fanatics. Wailers alert. Hypocrisy
Re: Jeremiah Useni: June 12 Was More Credible Than 2019 Presidential Election by passwelle: 8:58pm On Jun 14, 2019
He Lost. So he wont have a positive opinion. He should ask from his PDP colleagues that won in other States if the election was credible.

3 Likes

Re: Jeremiah Useni: June 12 Was More Credible Than 2019 Presidential Election by BigIyanga: 9:00pm On Jun 14, 2019
FuckkME:
Sir zoneB are coming for ur head
lousy memory.. but it was best friend and Oga, Abacha who pressured IBB to cancel thus being the greatest beneficiary. It was him who imprisoned MKO and killed his wife. Do these folks think that we’re all dead?

1 Like

Re: Jeremiah Useni: June 12 Was More Credible Than 2019 Presidential Election by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jun 14, 2019
undecidedWhat's done is done. It's a waste of time wailing over spilt milk........This dude was military administrator of bendel state when buhari was president, he did nothing......He is one of the principalities that have been looting this country....He should shut up

1 Share

Re: Jeremiah Useni: June 12 Was More Credible Than 2019 Presidential Election by benqo01(m): 9:08pm On Jun 14, 2019
well said sir....
Re: Jeremiah Useni: June 12 Was More Credible Than 2019 Presidential Election by Amieinu123(m): 9:13pm On Jun 14, 2019
i smell biafra.... General Useni

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Okorocha's ADC Beats Policeman To Coma / God Really Blessed Nigerians By Allowing Them Vote Buhari In 2015 – Oshiomhole / CBN: Enaira Will Make Government Be Able To Send Payments To Citizens Directly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.